• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
She's perfect. A lot of people just can't deal with the fact that a 16-20 year old female had a crush on someone other than the Avatar. They are all fine with the stalker Tharja that keeps talking about the Avatar though!

I'm not saying that Tharja is bad of course. I like her a lot. Also, I bet this post will be ignored.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh man is Cordelia's personality bad? I was already planning on pairing her with Chrom, but when I saw Chrom was a no go, I was like "Well, I mean, I guess The Avatar can take her then."

Red girls are best.

Nahh not really. It's just that her pining for Chrom is mentioned from time to time and for fans it is that trait that being remembered the most whenever someone mention her name.

It shows up a couple of times in some of her support and DLC convo and such, and it can be pretty weird seeing those kind of conversation when she is already married to Avatar.

But really, she's not that bad. Some of her support convo doesn't even mention Chrom (like with Avatar or Kellam)

Word of advice though, if you don't want to break immersion, then I suggest you refrain pursuing any other of her potential husbands after you married her with the Avatar. If you do, things can get pretty... weird as she blushes and so on and so forth even though the Avatar is already married to her (actually, this also applies to all the other females but for some reason Cordelia stood out for me.)

You know, at first on this current playthrough I want to pair Chrom with Olivia, but Kellam is my favorite character and this assessment of yours is putting great doubt about my initial plan, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I just feel like she's the first person to "notice" Kellam. They bring out the best in each other, I think.

I just feel like she's the first person to "notice" Kellam. They bring out the best in each other, I think.
Miriel and Kellam's supports are pretty sweet. I haven't seen their S support yet, but the end of their A support when Miriel simply states she wants to keep holding his arm was really cute.

NeonZ

The conversation between Inigo and Mia in Smash Brethrens 2 is such a tease. Now I'm left really wishing Mia had been in a game with romantic supports... Oh, well, maybe next game they'll figure out a way to give supports to past characters, even if they end up generic like the father/child conversations here.

Also, several of the DLC conversations just don't work for married characters, it's not only an issue with Cordelia. Inigo trying to go out with Mia even after being married is about expected from him... but Owain goes out of his way to try to show off to Mist and asks her if she has fallen for him afterwards, which seems pretty out of character for a married Owain.

Kincaido

I just want to point out that the English translation of the OST posted on the last page are off for tracks 18 and 19 of disc 3. They should be swapped.

The conversation between Inigo and Mia in Smash Brethrens 2 is such a tease. Now I'm left really wishing Mia had been in a game with romantic supports... Oh, well, maybe next game they'll figure out a way to give supports to past characters, even if they end up generic like the father/child conversations here.

Also, several of the DLC conversations just don't work for married characters, it's not only an issue with Cordelia. Inigo trying to go out with Mia even after being married is about expected from him... but Owain goes out of his way to try to show off to Mist and asks her if she has fallen for him afterwards, which seems pretty out of character for a married Owain.

Assuming SMT x Fire Emblem has a support system, maybe legacy characters will have lots of dialogue together?

Also lol at the Owain/Mist convo. SKYWARD... SHIELD

CorvoSol

Well this is awkward.

Somedays, You just have to embrace the awkward waifu magic. Especially when the game encourages it.

She's perfect. A lot of people just can't deal with the fact that a 16-20 year old female had a crush on someone other than the Avatar. They are all fine with the stalker Tharja that keeps talking about the Avatar though!

I'm not saying that Tharja is bad of course. I like her a lot. Also, I bet this post will be ignored.

Tharja is runner up, but she kinda reminds me of Alice from VLR, and I'm not sure how I feel on that just yet.

This is the absolute highest I've been able to achieve so far with one unit . . . Although I'm absolutely sure any max-stats 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen Morgan could push the limit even farther.

Behold, Micaiah the Priestess of Dawn, bringer of ultimate divine justice.

WBJZE2u.jpeg
uIvFVip.jpeg

Defender, All Stats +2, Magic +2, Tomefaire, Valflame (grants +5 Magic), paired with another max-stats Sage, with Rally Spectrum, Heart, Magic, Skill and Luck, and then all stat-boosting items enabled. She has a rating of 413 with all of that.

Using the Book of Naga has 126 attack with a 50% chance of critical on that Wyvern Rider.

208 Hours logged, played every single day since midnight release on February 4th. Thoroughly defeated Pokemon in terms of playtime... (Pokemon White has 109 Hours)

I feel like I've gotten way more than my money's worth.

I just wish there was a real multiplayer component. I'd love to actually FIGHT someone in 1 vs. 1, and not just in StreetPass.

Miriel and Kellam's supports are pretty sweet. I haven't seen their S support yet, but the end of their A support when Miriel simply states she wants to keep holding his arm was really cute.

Their S rank was pretty cute, as she states she'll never stop noticing him.

TWILT

Banned
I approve of this pairing.

Yeah, this artwork was part of the reason I went with this pairing during one of my playthroughs. Helps that their respective personalities were just made for each other.

Yeah, definitely agreed (<3 Mia). Would love to see SMT x Fire Emblem have a support system between fan favorite characters or something.

Man, that really sucks that he didn't get to do his artwork.

He wanted to do Radiant Dawn Ike too... (aka Best Ike.) ;_;

Personally, I think his lord appearance is probably the best design out of all of them.

fc443cfb_265424.jpg

Same.

I actually remember the first time I visited Serenesforest and found out that Radiant Dawn had some type of A support conversations cut from the game. Went down the list and saw that Ike x Mia was one of them, which immediately led to me being upset the rest of the day since I'm rather fond of that particular pairing.

I approve of this pairing.
Lon'qu looks like he's mid jizz.

The problem is that her entire character is centered around that crush. Even her child from another man talks about it!

And Tharja's interest is clearly and wholly academic in nature. Nothing weird going on there at all.

I'm one of those unimaginative types who pairs off people simply because they've had significant interactions in the storyline, i.e. Maribelle x Ricken, Sully x Virion.

CorvoSol

I'm one of those unimaginative types who pairs off people simply because they've had significant interactions in the storyline, i.e. Maribelle x Ricken, Sully x Virion.

If I did things that way, Eliwood would've ended up with Ninian, because the game seems hellbent on shipping 'em, in spite of his B ranking with Lyn.

If I did things that way, Eliwood would've ended up with Ninian, because the game seems hellbent on shipping 'em, in spite of his B ranking with Lyn.

Also Chrom x Sumia, forgot to mention that one. No one else really seems to fit with him besides Cordelia, and the devs were cruel and prevented that.

Meier

....Why must you punish Panne and by extension Yarne?

Haha, it just kinda happened.. my first marriage other than the one you can't avoid. I don't think any other pairing is higher than B yet! I need to get my character hitched.. going to try and get him to hook up with Lissa since my fiancee's name is Alissa. :)

Verelios

Haha, it just kinda happened.. my first marriage other than the one you can't avoid. I don't think any other pairing is higher than B yet! I need to get my character hitched.. going to try and get him to hook up with Lissa since my fiancee's name is Alissa. :)

I can save you the headache. You will abhor your son and the S interaction made me facepalm.

SumiaXChrom S was better. Literally, I am not joking around. It was seriously better.

But yeah, other than that I can see why people would want their pairing. Just wish the devs. didn't just dick around with the convo's.

Edit: By the way, I paired up Libra and Tharja. How screwed is my kid (stat wise).

Meier

I maxed Chrom out as a Lord. Would it make sense to max him out as a Cavalier then turn him back into a Lord once that's capped so that he can become a Great Lord? I don't quite get the maximization of that process yet. What is the downside to using a Second Seal? It looks like if I change him to a Cavalier he'll only lose 1 Speed and Avoidance..

Verelios

I can save you the headache. You will abhor your son and the S interaction made me facepalm.

SumiaXChrom S was better. Literally, I am not joking around. It was seriously better.

But yeah, other than that I can see why people would want their pairing. Just wish the devs. didn't just dick around with the convo's.

Edit: By the way, I paired up Libra and Tharja. How screwed is my kid (stat wise).

Edit 2: Okay, this is awkward. All this time I've thought when people mentioned Kellam they were talking about some secret recruit character. I'm at post game so I assumed I missed him. Little did I know, I actually did. He was the Knight back then in chapter 2 or three wasn't he? Fuck me.

tmdorsey

Reading about these parings. Since this is my first experience with the series and game I went Chrom&Sumia and I'm working on my avatar Tharja (who by the way right now is a
Sorcerer and a straight monster out on the battlefield) and I'm also working on Fredrick and Panne, and Kellem and Cherache(sp?) the Wyvern Rider.

Also on this playthrough my Maribelle, Ricken and Mirel are all dead. :-/

ffdgh

It sounds like other folks were suggesting I'm not really maximizing potential unless I use second seals as well.

Unless you want the skills from cavalier, you can always reset great lord and any other class back to level 0 with a second seal after level 10+ to eventually max the stats for that class.

He just gets on my last nerves. Nothing personal, but he's a twat. But then again, I think I may be biased since I'm missing out on Anna's kid.
The only logical explanation for disliking Owain is that there's a cold dead husk where your soul should be.
Would Inigo or Mia be fan favorites though?
Mia better be. She's the best Fire Emblem waifu of all time.

Also, I totally forgot about why I popped back in here in the first place. Is there a general opinion on the Lost Bloodlines DLC pack? I remember hearing promising things about it before it came out.

Cfh123

I am in the last Chapter on my first play through on normal/classic. I've been thinking about what I could have done differently so as to pick up more skills.

I didn't promote my units until they reached level 20. They are now mostly around level 20 on their promoted class.

In hindsight, maybe I should have promoted everyone when they reached level 10. Is there any long term disadvantage in promoting units at level 10 rather than level 20?

Verelios

I am in the last Chapter on my first play through on normal/classic. I've been thinking about what I could have done differently so as to pick up more skills.

I didn't promote my units until they reached level 20. They are now mostly around level 20 on their promoted class.

In hindsight, maybe I should have promoted everyone when they reached level 10. Is there any long term disadvantage in promoting units at level 10 rather than level 20?

Uh, other than losing out on some stats from going to 20, yes, some classes get skills at about 15.

After 15 there's really no point in keeping the class, unless you really want those stats.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So, FE-GAF, I just acquired a copy of Tear Ring Saga. Are there any recommended play guides online? Even a translation? I'll probably end up playing it blind at some point even if not.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My first couple of levels my Avatar got some bad rolls. I was wondering if it was normal to get only 3 stats leveled up. I then see other people get 6 or 7 stat increases at a time. I feel like my avatar is underpowered now :(

My first couple of levels my Avatar got some bad rolls. I was wondering if it was normal to get only 3 stats leveled up. I then see other people get 6 or 7 stat increases at a time. I feel like my avatar is underpowered now :(

The RNG, she's a cruel mistress.

It's completely random, but with all the possible grinding, reclassing and such, it's pretty hard to be RNG screwed unless you don't want to do with any of the optional stuff.

Verelios

Wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes I get one or two!

When your reclassing, promoting, you'll get a lot more stats, so don't mind it. Now.

Draxal

The RNG, she's a cruel mistress.

It's completely random, but with all the possible grinding, reclassing and such, it's pretty hard to be RNG screwed unless you don't want to do with any of the optional stuff.

That and the game throws stat up items around like it's candy.

Kincaido

Are you positive?

I just based the list off the official site, but I noticed Amazon Japan has 18 and 19 swapped.

So I don't know who to believe o__o

I'm positive that one on Amazon Japan is right. Something sounded off to me when I was renaming my files and I checked my game to listen to "You may call me Marth." Exactly the same as track 18.

The problem is that her entire character is centered around that crush. Even her child from another man talks about it!

And Tharja's interest is clearly and wholly academic in nature. Nothing weird going on there at all.

Really? Her calling him "my love" in their c support, doing whatever she wants with his body when he's sleeping, and getting excited whenever she sees him is just for her research?

bluemax

Banned
Somedays, You just have to embrace the awkward waifu magic. Especially when the game encourages it.

Tharja is runner up, but she kinda reminds me of Alice from VLR, and I'm not sure how I feel on that just yet.

That's not why I was saying it was awkward.

Although I only picked Cordelia to up my number of Galeforce babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom