• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Do you need to play the first two Rogues and Redeemers maps to play the third one or can I just get that for the Limit Break skill? I thought I saw that some had to be played in order but I don't remember which.

Man, these Einherjar maps are such a nostalgia trip.
Just got Lyn, aww yiss. She's my favorite Fire Emblem character, and her conversation when you recruit her really takes you back. Its like, the most personal relationship out of all the characters, I think, because she's actually addressing YOU and not your avatar, and so if you've played her game before what she says has a lot of meaning.

Meier

Send a paired Chrom with someone who can take a decent form of punishment (unequip too!) and switch on next round. Cynthia get!

I just went up and attacked the other side first and got Chrom right at the edge of her territory. She eventually came in a few rounds and I was able to get him to recruit her.

I didn't realize where she was the first time -- I just saw her "dad" and figured she'd be up there.

Chrom

Do you need to play the first two Rogues and Redeemers maps to play the third one or can I just get that for the Limit Break skill? I thought I saw that some had to be played in order but I don't remember which.

That was just for the Spirit Talisman (Champions of Yore) series in Japan. You don't need either of the first two Rogues and Redeemers maps to play the third, but if you want to skip those two, you're going to have to wait until RaR3 releases.

Korosenai

The top three females in this game:

1. Tharja
2. Sumia
3. Anna

Also, i'm kind of curious of this, but what is everyone's renown so far? I'm at about 2500 I think. I love summoning in and fighting King Marth.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was just for the Spirit Talisman (Champions of Yore) series in Japan. You don't need either of the first two Rogues and Redeemers maps to play the third, but if you want to skip those two, you're going to have to wait until RaR3 releases.

Sounds good, I'm really only interested in the rewards and then the more challenging DLC to make use of it. I've heard Smash Brethren 3 is the best map for post-game grinding, so I'm not sure it's "worth" getting Rogues and Redeemers 1 and 2, since they don't really have any rewards.

They are "post game" difficulty though. So maybe that makes it worthwhile. I dunno.

Rogues and Redeemers 1 is finally putting up a fight! None of the other maps have actually caused any serious harm to my units, even Smash Brethren 3 was easy sailing. Actually had some of my Max stats characters die on me! Looks like no more autobattle for me, finally.

Edit: I totally just noticed that the SpotPass map from today has a Sol Katti drop. On the same day Lyn was released. It's probably just a coincidence, but that is kinda cool and funny.

ffdgh

Ahh paralogue 21 was rather fun......with max stats on easy.
KuGsj.gif

NeonZ

Like most of the characters in the game Cordelia and her defining trait basically exist in an isolated vacuum in relation to the world around her. She's Catria 2.0, but where Catria was a soldier in an opposing army and would have gotten her knees smashed in by Caeda if she went anywhere near Marth, Cordelia is playing "Please Fuck Me Chrom" songs with her violin or whatever at his birthday parties and Chrom has a huge bachelor sign hanging around his neck, yet the two never so much as utter a word to each other.

It's really really dumb

Cordelia actually has some special barracks quotes with Chrom, although the small chance of getting the two together there makes the feature completely pointless (I don't think they can be seen in event tiles, because they aren't actual support partners).

Slermy

Rogues and Redeemers 1 is finally putting up a fight! None of the other maps have actually caused any serious harm to my units, even Smash Brethren 3 was easy sailing. Actually had some of my Max stats characters die on me! Looks like no more autobattle for me, finally.

Edit: I totally just noticed that the SpotPass map from today has a Sol Katti drop. On the same day Lyn was released. It's probably just a coincidence, but that is kinda cool and funny.

No way that's a coincidence. Is it a guaranteed drop?

Lyn has to be my favorite Fire Emblem character throughout the series, I'm excited.

Semajer

The PAL demo is out today, it only has 10 tries though, I'm not sure if that's more or less than the American demo. I played through all three difficulties, and I am VERY ready for the full game.

Lunatic was pretty tough, I've read that you get access to DLC after chapter 4, does this mean that Frederick's silver lance will run out before I reach the DLC if I clear chapters 1, 2, and 3 primarily using Frederick and the silver lance?

7Th

Female Avatar > Male Avatar; except for the lack of waifu marriage, the character feels a lot more natural as a female.

Chrom

Lunatic was pretty tough, I've read that you get access to DLC after chapter 4, does this mean that Frederick's silver lance will run out before I reach the DLC if I clear chapters 1, 2, and 3 primarily using Frederick and the silver lance?

I'd think so, yeah. Silver Lance only has 30 uses and trying to go through those chapters mainly using Frederick's will likely exhaust it by then, I imagine. On my Lunatic run, I was lucky enough to get Sigurd's Lance on the Prologue, which was nice.

Draxal

Being a Female Avatar also adds one more Galeforce user to your team.

Sometimes, sometimes not, has the male avatar can pass pegasus knight tree to a kid who otherwise wouldn't have it. And I don't know this game does pretty much shove the bromance down your throat, while forcing Sumia on Chrom.

I think Lucina's support with a Female Avatar who's not her mom is hilarious. Like, she wants some action happening with you and Chrom but at the same time is super protective of him

Guys remember that facebook poll? It came to an end and the Top 10 who will be featured on the facebook cover are:

1. Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

Everyone's else outside the 10, can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS/app_162848913870953

And while I'd rather not question how Walhart got up there, I'm at least satisfied that all the best waifu's (excluding Tiki/Olivia) made the top 10 and the fact that Tharja got more votes than Chrom.

Male Robin has the better Morgan. :p

That is a fact

Guys remember that facebook poll? It came to an end and the Top 10 who will be featured on the facebook cover are:

1. Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

And while I'd rather not question how Walhart got up there, I'm at least satisfied that all the best waifu's (excluding Tiki/Olivia) made the top 10 and the fact that Tharja got more votes than Chrom.

That is a fact

Who the heck voted for Stahl?

1. Marth (1820 votes)
2. Walhart (1508 votes)
3. Henry (1482 votes)
4. Tharja (908 votes)
5. Chrom (665 votes)
6. Anna (653 votes)
7. Lon'qu (599 votes)
8. Gaius (595 votes)
9. Cordelia (574 votes)
10. Stahl (558 votes)

Lol Walmart.

Moonlight

Banned
Who the heck voted for Stahl?
I cannot fathom how Walhart got so high. Like, at all.

But at least Anna made it to top ten.

I think Lucina's support with a Female Avatar who's not her mom is hilarious. Like, she wants some action happening with you and Chrom but at the same time is super protective of him
huge-mistake.gif

Quick, where's Naga? My FeMC needs to go back in time and marry Lon'qu or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom