• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

Multiplayer in this game is really really bad. Spotpass in this game is really really good.

I feel like they missed a huge chance by making spotpass what the multiplayer should have been.

I played my first multiplayer game today and was severely dissapointed. You have to play on the same team, and you cant even move around a map? Really?

With spotpass, you play someone elses 10 person team. A team they chose that they feel could beat any other team. A team that they put time into building, leveling up, picking weapons, skills, etc. The only downside? You have to play a computer.

Basically, im really sad that you cannot actually play another human 1 on 1, whether it be online or local.

/rant

Multiplayer in this game is really really bad. Spotpass in this game is really really good.

I feel like they missed a huge chance by making spotpass what the multiplayer should have been.

I played my first multiplayer game today and was severely dissapointed. You have to play on the same team, and you cant even move around a map? Really?

With spotpass, you play someone elses 10 person team. A team they chose that they feel could beat any other team. A team that they put time into building, leveling up, picking weapons, skills, etc. The only downside? You have to play a computer.

Basically, im really sad that you cannot actually play another human 1 on 1, whether it be online or local.

/rant

Seriously, this. The most baffling thing is that past Fire Emblems had better multiplayer. Even Shadow Dragon has an active map multiplayer component. Its such a shame, because you can really customize your teams to such a degree that no two players with the same characters are the same.

OceanBlue

Just finished Rogues 1 and Chrom said that I let too many people die. Do I get anything interesting if I keep a lot of the ally units alive?

The removal of 1v1 multiplayer in Awakening is not a surprise. They also removed any sort of scoring system. There's almost no semblance of competition in Awakening, either in multi or single player. You'll have to look to another tactics game to satisfy your needs.

Not to say that Awakening is a bad game, it's lots of fun on Hard Classic mode imo.

Chrom

I like Double Duel for what it is, but I wish they didn't relegate the particularly challenging challengers to the last of the unlockable SpotPass ones.

Korosenai

The removal of 1v1 multiplayer in Awakening is not a surprise. They also removed any sort of scoring system. There's almost no semblance of competition in Awakening, either in multi or single player. You'll have to look to another tactics game to satisfy your needs.

Not to say that Awakening is a bad game, it's lots of fun on Hard Classic mode imo.
Awakening is my second favorite 3ds game behind Kid Icarus. The singleplayer and spotpass cpu teams alone have kept me playing for more than 35 hours. I just really feel like this game could have had a great multiplayer that rivaled Kid Icarus, and the spotpass feature is a perfect example of this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fire Emblem was never much of a series for multiplayer. Wait for Advance Wars, I guess.

I feel like they could very easily put in a multi-player mode, but spend that time doing something else. I think they just can't be bothered coming up with maps balanced for both sides (or all four sides if they wanted to get nuts).

I hope that if we end up with a second 3DS Fire Emblem (which is totally possible) it includes a serious multiplayer element. What would be supremely cool is if you could do campaign maps cooperatively.

Javier

Happy Birthday!

rLeLFuQ.jpg

BlackJace

Reinforcements always used to spawn AFTER the enemy's turn right?

It really sucks how they can start of their turns with rush reinforcements..

Reinforcements always used to spawn AFTER the enemy's turn right?

It really sucks how they can start of their turns with rush reinforcements..

Reinforcements appearing and moving at the start of their turn used to be the norm before FE7, where they appeared at the end of the enemy turn til now. It also doesn't happen in Normal mode for this game too. :p

CorvoSol

the guy belongs to the biggest tribe in sacae and his old man was dayan, that tribe's chief. he's hardly a chump.

'sides that Eliwood can do better than Lyn.

How do you do better than the best girl in the game? You don't.

And when errybody is somebody in the game, being son of a tribesman in Sacae ain't squat.

Sue's story in FE6 is totally a parallel of Lyn's story from FE7 (Sue is Rath's potential daughter with his only possible support, Lyn) The Kutolah tribe is destroyed almost like the Lorca were, and one of the few left is her GRANDFATHER. Sue also can optionally pair with the main lord, Roy or with another NOMAD named Shin, who has IDENTICAL growths to Rath...

I still believe in Lyn x Mark -- she probably left the continent with Florina, Sain and Kent just like Ike left with Soren and that other guy I can't remember

Fire Emblem 7 said:
Lyn to Mark: I've been alone so long... sniff...

CorvoSol

Sue's story in FE6 is totally a parallel of Lyn's story from FE7 (Sue is Rath's potential daughter with his only possible support, Lyn) The Kutolah tribe is destroyed almost like the Lorca were, and one of the few left is her GRANDFATHER. Sue also can optionally pair with the main lord, Roy or with another NOMAD named Shin, who has IDENTICAL growths to Rath...

I still believe in Lyn x Mark -- she probably left the continent with Florina, Sain and Kent just like Ike left with Soren and that other guy I can't remember

I'm forcing Kent to be with Fiora. Pair the spares!

I'm still pretty pissed that Yusuke Kozaki didn't get to do Ike's DLC artwork. It's killing me.

Also, this week's DLC notification needed to be proof read much more thoroughly.

I played Project M like crazy back when I was in school during the Fall Semester, and nearly every single time I played as Marth remodeled as Lucina or Lyn. Soooo good.

5v1gk.jpg

al_121217_1447binout_zpsf96b3440.jpg

They both fit really well thematically. LYN AND LUCINA FOR SMASH 4

Considering how Advance Wars already has issues with multiplayer thanks to FTA it'd be even worse in Fire Emblem. I always felt the best way to do a multiplayer Fire Emblem was is almost how they do the DLC chapters, I sent out 5-6 characters, you send out 5-6 characters, then we have to co-op against 20-30 powerful enemies.

Soulhouf

Awakening is my second favorite 3ds game behind Kid Icarus. The singleplayer and spotpass cpu teams alone have kept me playing for more than 35 hours. I just really feel like this game could have had a great multiplayer that rivaled Kid Icarus, and the spotpass feature is a perfect example of this.

35 hours is nothing.
I already exceeded 300 hours and I'm sure many players in this thread played more than that.

ffdgh

Hmm first play time is march 9th and I have.....194:28 already so....yeah I've gotten/getting my money's worth lol. Still isn't in my top 3 playtimes tho :p.

ohlawd

35 hours is nothing.
I already exceeded 300 hours and I'm sure many players in this thread played more than that.

heh I wouldn't be proud of having a lot of playtime. Just reminds me that I got nothing else to do.

I have over 300 hours too. Nearing 350 iirc.

Anyway happy birthday Nah. Your supports are the best.

Meier

Ricken is an unstoppable beast for me as a level 20 Dark Knight, but not leveling up is kinda boring. Can I use the Second Seal and make him a Level 1 Dark Knight again without losing abilities/stats of being Level 20?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ricken is an unstoppable beast for me as a level 20 Dark Knight, but not leveling up is kinda boring. Can I use the Second Seal and make him a Level 1 Dark Knight again without losing abilities/stats of being Level 20?

Yes, at level 20 you should be able to reclass back to the class you're in and continue to gain stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom