• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The testudo strategy works incredibly well for these high level maps, if you put a Rally person in the middle. In my case I used Katarina with Rally Spectrum/Heart/Defense/Resistance/Luck, granting insane bonuses and pretty much keeping everyone safe.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I played Project M like crazy back when I w
as in school during the Fall Semester, and nearly every single time I played as Marth remodeled as Lucina or Lyn. Soooo good.

5v1gk.jpg

al_121217_1447binout_zpsf96b3440.jpg

They both fit really well thematically. LYN AND LUCINA FOR SMASH 4

I think that if any FE character appears in Smash 4 it'll be Chrom.

donny2112

Support between Gerome and Morgan (F):
Morgan: What's with the mask?
Gerome: It's complicated.
Morgan: No, calculus is complicated. That's a mask.

Excited-kid-birthday.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Avatar would be a great pick gameplay-wise. The problem is just the logistics of naming and appearance.

Soulhouf

I think that if any FE character appears in Smash 4 it'll be Chrom.

I'm OK with that.
Chrom is one of the best lords in the series, if not the best for me. Sigurd and Marth are the only one who may compete with him.

After seeing Lucina's design on the OST cover and the artbook, now I hate hate hate her model in the game. Too bad, she was the only child I was able to like.
Why is she so different? There is no consistency there...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How do I level up base class level 1's in missions that have level 10+ enemies?

Hmm I don't know if I should get the DLC or not. I don't like Nintendos account systems. I have two 3D's now with no way to share between the two. Is there any precedence for the packs going on sale?

The fuck is up with the long wait before you see the DLC?

I noticed that Chrom's appearance is very similar to Sigurd:
P006.jpg

Krom_Portrait.png

Tiki mentions that Chrom is more like an older ancestor than Marth.
Considering Genealogy happens before Shadow Dragon, I think its entirely possible they're related in some way... although Sigurd has the blood of Baldr and not Naga/Heim that Chrom has.

Trojita

I'm OK with that.
Chrom is one of the best lords in the series, if not the best for me. Sigurd and Marth are the only one who may compete with him.

After seeing Lucina's design on the OST cover and the artbook, now I hate hate hate her model in the game. Too bad, she was the only
child
I was able to like.
Why is she so different? There is no consistency there...

Man now I've been spoiled. I just watched the cutscene where Marsh
got her mask knocked off

Because of the Smash talk I now know who you are talking about lol.

Draxal

It should be Anna/Tiki, but most likely be Chrom as he is pretty much interchangable with Marth, having Lucina would be a bad thing for some people, as it would spoil this game to neophytes.

Actually, what Smash 4 could use for FE is an antagonist, like Bowser and Ganondorf.

ENDGAME SPOILERS
They could do Grima, that way we get the avatar with a hood to hide gender - it also accounts for the name by just naming him Grima. Has a magic moveset, final smash is his dragon form.

Grima
for Smash 4.

Also Trojita, don't worry about the mask reveal, its not that much of a spoiler, it happens at what I consider an early part of the game, also I was spoiled before the game was released but it didn't really hurt my experience.

Trojita

I'm not worried about the mask, I was spoiled about
her being a child which in this game means she is from the future I'm guessing if she ends up being a child unit later. While this was kind of obvious from her saying she could see the future, I still would have liked to have found out myself that she was someone's child. Also I could tell she was a girl because I've watched too many anime.

I'm not worried about the mask, I was spoiled about
her being a child which in this game means she is from the future I'm guessing if she ends up being a child unit later. While this was kind of obvious from her saying she could see the future, I still would have liked to have found out myself that she was someone's child. Also I could tell she was a girl because I've watched too many anime.

I guess with the game coming out in Europe soon, our unmarked spoilerfest is gonna have to end. On the flipside we'll have tons of new people playing the game :D

Had to restart on classic mode. You guys were right - once you get a decent core team most maps become absolutely trivial. Early game is still a bitch, but once I hit that sweet spot I think it'll be a much more balanced experience. This is the second time I've restarted...I haven't even beaten the game yet, but whatever.

ultron87

It should be Anna/Tiki, but most likely be Chrom as he is pretty much interchangable with Marth, having Lucina would be a bad thing for some people, as it would spoil this game to neophytes.

Chrom seems like he would play like Smash Bros Ike way more than Marth.

donny2112

Support between Gerome and Morgan (F):
Morgan: What's with the mask?
Gerome: It's complicated.
Morgan: No, calculus is complicated. That's a mask.

Excited-kid-birthday.gif

Then she followed it up with

Morgan: You're just shy.
Gerome: No, I'm not.
Morgan: I bet the shy people hold their convention in your tent.

She's on a roll!

NeonZ

There are female Lords and Heroes, yet why are there no male Pegasus Knights yet.

The original Mystery of the Emblem had generic male Pegasus Knights as enemies (no named ones/bosses though). However, they were removed in the remake. I think this shows pretty clearly that IS has no intention to ever revisit the concept.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sorry guys, what's the latest spotpass content? Any new maps beyond The Dead King's Lament, Irreconcilable Paths, and A Hard Miracle?

Because the game told me that it is unable to receive new data...?

I should have received the Ghost of a Blade right...? So why it isn't showing up...?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, the latest DLC map is actually pretty challenging. Feels good to not just steamroll through them.

Yeah, the latest DLC map is actually pretty challenging. Feels good to not just steamroll through them.

True, but I don't have any energy to want to grind anymore in my current file.

Sigh, two more weeks left till all the paralouges are released so I can support grind.

Rarutos

Sorry guys, what's the latest spotpass content? Any new maps beyond The Dead King's Lament, Irreconcilable Paths, and A Hard Miracle?

I should have received the Ghost of a Blade right...? So why it isn't showing up...?

Yeah, Ghost of a Blade, two of those Duel Tag team thingies, and Gen 2 of Genealogy of the Holy War.

Just keep pressing the Check for Updates button. Sometimes it doesn't detect there's new content for some reason... I had to do it three times.

And I cannot wait for Ike's DLC to finally come out, something with a 5-rating with difficult opponents.. I want all my super units to actually have a challenge, dang it!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just keep pressing the Check for Updates button. Sometimes it doesn't detect there's new content for some reason... I had to do it three times.

And I cannot wait for Ike's DLC to finally come out, something with a 5-rating with difficult opponents.. I want all my super units to actually have a challenge, dang it!

I've tried it right now for about like, 10 times already :\

Ah well, gonna try it on another day I guess. Maybe there is something wrong on their server or something.... although I just managed to perform system update to 5.0.0-11U, bought Pushmo + Cave Story + Zen Pinball 3D from E-shop, and purchased the Rogue Pack just fine... so I dunno :\

Also, usually Anna appears on the Spotpass Notification for new bonus box content but this time she doesn't so... gahh, I dunno.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Try turning SpotPass off, then back on again. I've never had the problem myself, but I've heard that works for some people.

Woah, just tried this and suddenly it worked! O____O And Anna just suddenly appears....

Thank you so much dude. Wonder what's up with this? I never had any problem before, strange o___O

Thanks you for this!

What would you guys say to Kozaki doing the art for the next game?

I'm still fond of Senri Kita's work on PoR/RD but I'm also liking Kozaki's work as well despite my initial butthurt.

What would you guys say to Kozaki doing the art for the next game?

I'm still fond of Senri Kita's work on PoR/RD but I'm also liking Kozaki's work as well despite my initial butthurt.

I wouldn't mind if Kozaki does the art again, but I do wish IS wouldn't confine the characters into looking like their default classes. While it looked cool when they were revealed, when everyone wears the same outfit as a Myrmidon or as a Mage, it isn't as interesting.

Even if that is too much work, at least give the characters in their default class a special outfit so they don't lose their uniqueness and look like your avatar with a special head and haircut.

I wouldn't mind if Kozaki does the art again, but I do wish IS wouldn't confine the characters into looking like their default classes. While it looked cool when they were revealed, when everyone wears the same outfit as a Myrmidon or as a Mage, it isn't as interesting.

Even if that is too much work, at least give the characters in their default class a special outfit so they don't lose their uniqueness and look like your avatar with a special head and haircut.

Yeah, the lack of uniqueness with character models is disappointing, ESPECIALLY with SpotPass characters.

Nohar

I played the european demo... Gosh, I really want this game right now. Seriously, only 2 chapters available ! This is driving me insane.
When creating a new game in the demo, I had the options between Normal, Hard and Expert (French's equivalent for Lunatic I guess ?). Do you confirm that we are able to unlock a Lunatic+ mode in the US version of the full game (and thus the European one should too) ?

... I want my Virioooooooon.

(Now that I think about it, there is a small ressemblance between Virion and my avatar (Oboro from Suikoden V)... Oh well, it's just the hairstyle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom