• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulhouf

The animations in this game are awful.
Yet I still keep them on.

Why? You didn't play PoR/RD did you?
Actually I have no complain what so ever about the battle animation. After more than 300 hours, I still keep them on all the time because they are so cool. Especially with pairing.
There are weird animations going on like Cordelia using her spear like a sword or Kellam plunging into enemies but other than that, it's very smooth and the comments are often funny/hilarious.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I thought the battle animations were cooler in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. I especially liked Lyn's animation, and I haven't seen anything else in this game like it.

I can't wait until the next Fire Emblem for 3DS (or Wii U) comes out that is even more improved. Hopefully they can even make the in battle graphics better.

StayDead

Happy Birthday to the best character in the game!

65lQVbvl.jpg

Sarya so good, she was going to be my main choice for my avatar to marry, but I married Liz instead <3

Gestahl

With My Unit the Lord can pretty much be as unconventional as possible. They could even be revealed to be a villain or be outright killed in the story. Chrom and Robin's Friendship is Forever bullshit was way too trite, especially when contrasted with Robin's strategies of drowning and burning alive scores of men

vvvvvHE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US/South Park

ffdgh

That burning thing was a legit self defense tactic
:p.

And for todays support fun, Robin think Cherche is coocoo :D.

Busaiku

Well, the animations weren't actually actually bad, yeah.
I just say that because it's the same few animations for every character, which I absolutely hate.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Spoiler your spoilers. This is the only thread I've seen on GAF where this is a problem. Just because a thread is in community doesn't mean spoilers can be posted with abandon.

Draxal

Problem right now is that the game's 2 months old in one region, and just about to come out in a new region.

That and a prominent main character's identity/gender is a spoiler and people post pics of that char all the time, as Nintendo itselfs spoils itself too.

Why? You didn't play PoR/RD did you?
Actually I have no complain what so ever about the battle animation. After more than 300 hours, I still keep them on all the time because they are so cool. Especially with pairing.
There are weird animations going on like Cordelia using her spear like a sword or Kellam plunging into enemies but other than that, it's very smooth and the comments are often funny/hilarious.

Yeah, and I mentioned this before, but I find it funny how people love the Gba animations when they were utterly reviled when the first gba game came out.

Gestahl

Even knowing about the existence of the children mechanic (which is noted in the OP) is a massive spoiler for the game.
Nevermind that its existence means either "everyone dies" or "time travel," if you knew about it and still couldn't piece together the massive conspiracy surrounding "Marth"'s true identity once they started going on about their "father" and how familiar they are with the Yllisean castle then i don't know what to say. And this plot point is genuinely one of the few interesting things the main plot has going for it.

Also Emmeryn's Valentine's card

btkadams

do you gain experience from dlc that can help level up your team to beat campaign levels? i'm stuck at chapter 21 or 22 (i forget) and i was having trouble last night.

NeonZ

Yeah, and I mentioned this before, but I find it funny how people love the Gba animations when they were utterly reviled when the first gba game came out.

Aren't those different groups though? The people who love the GBA animations seem to be the ones who got into the series with the GBA games.

The ones who hated the GBA animations seemed to be mostly the ones who started with FE4/5, due to the GBA games eliminating the attack flow that the SNES games had going and changing to a "attack -> return to initial position -> attack with identical animation" model. Really, even FE3 at least had different animations for double attacks.

do you gain experience from dlc that can help level up your team to beat campaign levels? i'm stuck at chapter 21 or 22 (i forget) and i was having trouble last night.

Yes. Everything obtained in the dlc can be carried to the story levels.

Draxal

Aren't those different groups though? The people who love the GBA animations seem to be the ones who got into the series with the GBA games.

Most of the fans who started with FE4 or 5 are the ones who hated the GBA animations when those games came out, due to them eliminating the attack flow that the SNES games had going and changing to a "attack -> return to initial position -> attack with identical animation" model. Really, even FE3 at least had different animations for double attacks.

They are, but I still find it incredibly amusing. I honestly don't mind the gba ones since they were fast, but I honestly do like this game's the best, especially when you get like 8 attacks in a pair up (<3 brave swords/astra).

They are, but I still find it incredibly amusing. I honestly don't mind the gba ones since they were fast, but I honestly do like this game's the best, especially when you get like 8 attacks in a pair up (<3 brave swords/astra).

Then you realize the foe has counter...

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Oh man, I heard the good reviews about this game, so I picked it up last night, and I'm having a lot of fun. Just made it to the outpost with the barbarians, I believe chapter three? Its great.

PK Gaming

Just wondering, which character in FE:A was your favorite to design? Also, what was your primary inspiration for the design of armored characters (e.g Social Knights and especially Armor Knights)?

Lucina. For the armored charcters, the art director designed the armor, and I designed the characters in the armor.

Tres bien &#9829;

Happy Birthday to the best character in the game!

Happy Birthday to the best wife!

Whether you be man or woman, she'll always love your avatar more than any other.

Also its kinda hard to find appropriate pics of Tharja when a lot of them are NSFW.

Just got Radiant Dawn from Gamefly. Any tips on playing through this?

Also it looks great on the Wii U.

Ignore all the laguz except maybe Volug, the Heron's(Specifically Reyson though the others are good too), and the obviously strongest ones.

Most of the early units you get are bad (Leonardo, Meg, Fiona, and sometimes Edward), and can easily be replace by others that do their job better like almost everyone in the Greil Mercenaries.

And odds are that this man

Along with Ike(Ragnell) will plow through practically every enemy unit you meet.

Ike's DLC art is a crime against nature, but at least he doesn't have thoughs eyes like Micaiah

Well apparently Yusuke Kozaki, the character designer for the game, answered some questions over at Reddit and one of them was quite interesting.

In addition to the character Katarina from the DLC, were there any other legacy Fire Emblem characters that you would have liked to illustrate for Fire Emblem Awakening?

Ike from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Here's the link where he answers some of the other questions

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1b2u

And I have no doubt that whatever he would draw would be miles better than what we have now.

FE: Awakening is my first game in the series. I purchased the EXPonential Growth DLC and now I have $7.50 left over. What's the best DLC to get? All my units are around 8-12.

FE: Awakening is my first game in the series. I purchased the EXPonential Growth DLC and now I have $7.50 left over. What's the best DLC to get? All my units are around 8-12.

Here's a list of all the DLC out.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_na.html#ir

Probably the best ones right now are Alm's and Eirika's since they give you new classes: The Dread Fighter and the Bride Class respectively.

The Golden Gaffe is your go to if your in need of some money, it's also easy but you have to be wary of the Entombed with Counter.

Infinite Regalia is nice if you want rare weapons but enemies are kinda tough so you should level up some if you want this DLC.

Ike's upcoming DLC will give you probably one of the best skills: the Limit Breaker which gives your units +10 to your max stats. Some of the others give you other useful skills as well like Micaiah with her All Stats +2, Seliph with his Paragon skill, and Lyn with her Iote's Shield. All the others just give you characters which are really not worth your money.

And if you want something challenging save your money, since the harder ones have yet to be released.

Draxal

They give an answer for no feet!

edit.

Confirmed no future dlc planned, but in their words never say never ... does seem like another game is planned or something.

Should probably add that EXPonential Growth isn't very useful after a point will some characters, and you'd be better off with Paragon and leveling on Chapter 25's map.

Javier

Also, if you're going to buy two maps from the same trio, you might as well buy the pack. You get the third map for only $0.50-$1.00 extra.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Spoiler your spoilers. This is the only thread I've seen on GAF where this is a problem. Just because a thread is in community doesn't mean spoilers can be posted with abandon.

I think a big part of it is that basically nobody plays FE for story, plus the story in this game goes from rushed and flimsy to just bad so people care even less.

Solune

8-4's interview with IntSys finally went live: http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/

Someone else can make the thread, I have to step out. :( Will read later.

8-4: You recall any particularly strong feedback you got along the way?

Yokota:

Oh yes. (laughs) There's this one guy in the sales team at IS who was probably our harshest critic. I remember he complained that you were only allowed to marry one person in the game -- that there was no way to divorce or anything. (laughs) Another guy wanted the ability to be married to multiple people at the same time. (everyone laughs)

Even the guys at IS know what the people want!!!!!!

Moonlight

Banned
Oh yes. (laughs) There's this one guy in the sales team at IS who was probably our harshest critic. I remember he complained that you were only allowed to marry one person in the game -- that there was no way to divorce or anything. (laughs) Another guy wanted the ability to be married to multiple people at the same time. (everyone laughs)
I didn't know Kincaido and ohlawd were on IntSys.

Xeno_V

So I just beat chapter 4 and some enemies popped up in previously visited locations (e.g. chapters 2 and 3). Apparently I can't shop there if I don't defeat the enemies? They seem pretty tough for now, my chars are between levels 3-5 and the enemies are around 7+. Should I leave this for later or should I try to win such battles before moving on with the main story?

Chrom

So I just beat chapter 4 and some enemies popped up in previously visited locations (e.g. chapters 2 and 3). Apparently I can't shop there if I don't defeat the enemies? They seem pretty tough for now, my chars are between levels 3-5 and the enemies are around 7+. Should I leave this for later or should I try to win such battles before moving on with the main story?

Enemy spawning is random, so you shouldn't mandate yourself into trying to beat them if you feel that your guys can't handle them. They'll leave the areas eventually, after a period of time.

I just began the game and I was thinking of getting all the DLC because I'm crazy, any way I can know when I should challenge the maps aside of the difficulty stars?

And can someone stop me from doing this? I'll need to buy a 50 dollar card just for this

Anteo

I just began the game and I was thinking of getting all the DLC because I'm crazy, any way I can know when I should challenge the maps aside of the difficulty stars?

And can someone stop me from doing this? I'll need to buy a 50 dollar card just for this

I have all the dlc released so far.
*stops everyone else from stopping you*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom