• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulhouf

I just began the game and I was thinking of getting all the DLC because I'm crazy, any way I can know when I should challenge the maps aside of the difficulty stars?

And can someone stop me from doing this? I'll need to buy a 50 dollar card just for this

So far the DLC has been like 70% fan service for old FE fans, 15% cheat engine and 15% new cool stuff such as the Dread Fighter and Bride classes.

So far the DLC has been like 70% fan service for old FE fans, 15% cheat engine and 15% new cool stuff such as the Dread Fighter and Bride classes.
I've played all the localized ones and I know some backstory because of the internet, but I'm not sure if I want the old characters considering I'm mostly into the character interaction.

I do like the idea of the extra classes and difficult missions that might give me some cool weapons for the game, is there any way of me to know which ones are the ones I want?

I did like the Marth one I got for free but it was kinda short and I don't know if I get any items out of it.

Chrom

If you want detailed information about the available/upcoming DLC, Nintendo released a trailer dedicated to the DLC which you might find handy.

CorvoSol

She looks more happy than how she did in FE10. But at least it isn't as happy as her FE9 artwork.

I don't get it.

Can someone tell me how strong I need to be before I can attempt the Smash Brethern levels? Because I know that where I am now (ch4-5, just barely unlocked the Outrealm Gate) is obviously not it, but I'd like to get my Waifu Class and Lyn as soon as I can.

Anteo

what's the reason you got the DLC? do you believe it enriched your experience with the game?

and don't stop them omg

Because

1) I like CoY1, so I figured I should buy the others. (plus discount on the pack at the time)
2) The cheat map trio will make training faster for later dlcs
3) I wanted to try the next trio of map so I bought it anyways. I was going to buy II and III (for Paragon skill and Dread Fighter class) and I figured I should just buy the whole pack.
4) Again, for the Smash Brethen trio, I wanted the class (Bride) and skill (Iote Shield, though I wasn't sure about this one), and Elinicia in map one made me go "why not?" again.
5)Since the last trio was getting hard, I though Rogues and Redeemers should be even harder so I just bought it. Also I was going to buy III for limit break.

Because

1) I like CoY1, so I figured I should buy the others. (plus discount on the pack at the time)
2) The cheat map trio will make training faster for later dlcs
3) I wanted to try the next trio of map so I bought it anyways. I was going to buy II and III (for Paragon skill and Dread Fighter class) and I figured I should just buy the whole pack.
4) Again, for the Smash Brethen trio, I wanted the class (Bride) and skill (Iote Shield, though I wasn't sure about this one), and Elinicia in map one made me go "why not?" again.
5)Since the last trio was getting hard, I though Rogues and Redeemers should be even harder so I just bought it. Also I was going to buy III for limit break.

Thanks, now I'm super tempted to buy the cheat map at least.... MY BODY IS READY

I don't get it.

Can someone tell me how strong I need to be before I can attempt the Smash Brethern levels? Because I know that where I am now (ch4-5, just barely unlocked the Outrealm Gate) is obviously not it, but I'd like to get my Waifu Class and Lyn as soon as I can.

The Smash Brethren maps are probably for when your team's about lvl. 6-12 promoted. Anything less and you'll run a real risk of losing units.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
what's the reason you got the DLC? do you believe it enriched your experience with the game?

and don't stop them omg

I bought them all.

Because I am powerless against the might of more Fire Emblem :(

The whole set of DLCs cost more than the game itself, hahaha.... :(

FE: Awakening is my first game in the series. I purchased the EXPonential Growth DLC and now I have $7.50 left over. What's the best DLC to get? All my units are around 8-12.

Why don't you just by the package instead individual stuff? Much cheaper that way.

Turok_TTZ

Dunno about ye folks but I pray the devs never fix the audio glitch in FE Awakening. As everyone knows, game don't save preferred language setting and resets to english each reset/shutdown. Golden Gaffe is funnier thanks to it if you reset with the audio set to japanese. Victor and Vincent get better english soundbytes vs its english set version. reset english soundbytes > normal english soundbytes. "Darling" is so damn funny, why did Treehouse not go with that one?

As to art only Marth, Eirika, Ephraim, and Ike's art to some extent does not bother me. I really question the thought process of IS when it came to the art for celica, lyn (even though i dont like her), and the rest. celica's art in particular looks something out of some hentai game cg or visual novel. Ike's art doesn't bother me. I think it's well done. but imo he is a bit too scrawny though. should be bigger.

XeroSauce

I bought them all.

Because I am powerless against the might of more Fire Emblem :(

The whole set of DLCs cost more than the game itself, hahaha.... :(

Why don't you just by the package instead individual stuff? Much cheaper that way.

Different strokes.

I just want them to add more classes or weapons or anything for the hell of it. Overstuff my game, I don't care. I'll buy it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If only they can add stuff like, more supports for Say'ri, for example. God I really love her designs, but she only support 2 characters? :\\\\\\\\\

I always carry her through battle just because I really like her design, and her character is not shabby too.

Also, what's the earliest chapter you can recruit extra spotpass character?

I was just thinking, if the next FE had a bonus box, it'd probably be something like this for Fire Emblem Awakening:
Lissa - Cleric
Frederick - Great Knight
Sumia - Pegasus Knight
Cordelia - Pegasus Knight
Tharja - Dark Mage
Anna - Trickster
Frederick - Great Knight
Validar - Sorceror
Chrom - Hero
"Marth" - Swordmaster

Honorable Mention:
Grima - Grandmaster

Chrom

I was just thinking, if the next FE had a bonus box, it'd probably be something like this for Fire Emblem Awakening:
Lissa - Cleric
Frederick - Great Knight
Sumia - Pegasus Knight
Tharja - Dark Mage
Anna - Trickster
Frederick - Great Knight
Validar - Sorceror
Chrom - Hero
"Marth" - Swordmaster

Honorable Mention:
Grima - Grandmaster

Frederick gets in twice?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You mean the story characters? Their Paralogues are accessible as soon as you finish Chapter 25.

If you mean the legacy characters from the Bonus Box, I believe it's Chapter 3.

Yeah, I meant the extra story characters, not the Bonus Box. On my 1st walkthrough I skipped them all just to make that playthrough more "genuine."

Lissa - Cleric
Frederick - Great Knight
Sumia - Pegasus Knight
Tharja - Dark Mage
Anna - Trickster
Frederick - Great Knight
Validar - Sorceror
Chrom - Hero
"Marth" - Swordmaster

Honorable Mention:
Grima - Grandmaster

Where's Lucina? :\\\\\

Sub Frederick out and get her in. Or Sumia, she's expendable too.
Or Anna
:p :p

I am currently having fun leveling up and gathering skills for my folks. Posting updates as soon as I am able to see my 3DS during lunch break here (not that anyone is interested but whatever)

Chrom

Dunno about ye folks but I pray the devs never fix the audio glitch in FE Awakening. As everyone knows, game don't save preferred language setting and resets to english each reset/shutdown. Golden Gaffe is funnier thanks to it if you reset with the audio set to japanese. Victor and Vincent get better english soundbytes vs its english set version. reset english soundbytes > normal english soundbytes. "Darling" is so damn funny, why did Treehouse not go with that one?

Just tried this out. Heh, that's weird how it switches. I agree that their other voices where "darling" is used would've been preferable, if only because I think it's really funny how they speak.

Yeah, I meant the extra story characters, not the Bonus Box. On my 1st walkthrough I skipped them all just to make that playthrough more "genuine."

Where's Lucina? :\\\\\

Sub Frederick out and get her in. Or Sumia, she's expendable too.
Or Anna
:p :p

I am currently having fun leveling up and gathering skills for my folks. Posting updates as soon as I am able to see my 3DS during lunch break here (not that anyone is interested but whatever)

I thought the Marth in quotations was kinda obvious.
Yes, that's Lucina obviously

Now that I think about it, what if it was a two generation thing for FE:A, like how it is for Genealogy of the Holy War.

Then we could have Cynthia mmm

lol didn't even realize I put Freddy in twice -- that's kinda ironic considering he's my least used unit (after his usefulness runs out in Lunatic mode)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I thought the Marth in quotations was kinda obvious.
Yes, that's Lucina obviously

Now that I think about it, what if it was a two generation thing for FE:A, like how it is for Genealogy of the Holy War.

Then we could have Cynthia mmm

lol didn't even realize I put Freddy in twice -- that's kinda ironic considering he's my least used unit (after his usefulness runs out in Lunatic mode)

Hoh, somehow I missed it o_O

My brain immediately went No No after a quick scan and there's no Lucina in it, hahaha.

ohlawd

I didn't know Kincaido and ohlawd were on IntSys.

oh lolol.

Would have been nice to have both, definitely. Divorce could lead to some awesome convos and the harem route is self explanatory.

Divorcing your waifu could have implications on the child too. Don't like your kid? Well I got just the thing for that...

Frolow

Banned
Just beat chapter
looks like I'm in the endgame now. That scene where
Lucina tries to kill Robin was great, one of my favorite segments so far. By the way, does anything change if you refuse to let her kill you? Going to assume it's just different dialog. Also, can a female avater marry Chrom? If you can, that would make things even more interesting.

Turok_TTZ

Just tried this out. Heh, that's weird how it switches. I agree that their other voices where "darling" is used would've been preferable, if only because I think it's really funny how they speak.
imo the reset version makes the dialogue more enjoyable and makes it feel more alive. especially after you beat the golden gaffe map, . compare how the soundbytes are used. vincent actually gives off a gasp/moan at the last dialogue. having listened to the japanese version, I reckon treehouse tried to dub it close to the japanese version as the japanese dub didnt miss a soundbyte as the set english version did. why they didnt go with superior reset version is beyond me. I say it fits with victor/vincent character and the soundbytes fit the dialogue.

Just beat chapter
Lucina tries to kill Robin was great, one of my favorite segments so far. By the way, does anything change if you refuse to let her kill you? Going to assume it's just different dialog. Also, can a female avater marry Chrom? If you can, that would make things even more interesting.

Saying no just gives different dialogue. And yes a female avatar can marry Chrom. If Robin is Lucina's husband or mother the scene is quite different and a *lot* better.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Currently focusing on working for the following characters:

Chrom, Level 8 Paladin
Str 35, Mag 4, Skill 39, Spd 34, Lck 31, Def 28, Res 22
Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King, Defender.
Married to Olivia.

Str 31, Mag 33, Skill 39, Spd 43, Lck 25, Def 24, Res 24
Solidarity, Ignis, Swordbreaker, Veteran, Sol
Possible S-Ranks: Sully, Maribelle, Panne, Cherche, Lucina, Anna, Say’ri

Lucina, Level 1 Great Lord
Str 42, Mag 13, Skill 45, Spd 46, Lck 47, Def 29, Res 24
Dual Strike+, Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce, Pavise
Possible S-Ranks: Avatar

Lissa, Level 1 Sage
Str 20, Mag 42, Skill 29, Spd 35, Lck 41, Def 19, Res 30
Miracle, Healtouch, Galeforce, Rally Luck, Renewal
Possible S-Ranks: Frederick, Virion, Vaike, Stahl, Ricken, Libra, Donnel, Gregor

Panne, Level 5 Griffon Rider
Str 42 (+2), Mag 7, Skill 38, Spd 40, Lck 24, Def 33, Res 16
Even Rhythm, Strength +2, Swordbreaker, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Possible S-Ranks: Avatar, Stahl, Kellam, Gaius.

Cherche, Level 1 Wyvern Lord
Str 47 (+2), Mag 16, Skill 35, Spd 35, Lck 30, Def 42, Res 19
Strength +2, Tantivy, Renewal, Lancebreaker, Rally Luck
Possible S-Ranks: Avatar, Kellam, Lon’qu

Kellam, Level 1 Great Knight
Str 39, Mag 3, Skill 35, Spd 32, Lck 21, Def 43 (+2), Res 14
Defense +2, Locktouch, Pass, Lethality, Movement +1
Possible S-Ranks: Sully, Panne, Tharja, Cherche

Cordelia, Level 3 Falcom Knight
Str 39, Mag 13, Skill 42, Spd 39 (+2), Lck 28, Def 27, Res 24
Speed +2, Relief, Axebreaker, Galeforce, Sol
Possible S-Ranks: Frederick, Stahl, Lon’qu, Gaius, Donnel

Sumia, Level 1 Falcon Knight
Str 28, Mag 13, Skill 46, Spd 42 (+2), Lck 39, Def 31, Res 21
Speed +2, Relief, Galeforce, Aegis, Rally Defense
Possible S-Ranks: Henry

Want to build teams for tackling the latest DLCs, hmmmm. Once they are done I'll start working on other characters too. Still having a hard time deciding who is going to marry who though... Suggestions for skills and pairings and such?

Frolow

Banned
Saying no just gives different dialogue. And yes a female avatar can marry Chrom. If Robin is Lucina's husband or mother the scene is quite different and a *lot* better.
Is the scene the same between the mother and husband scenarios, or are they different? I'll definitely be doing one of these things on my next playthrough, but I'd rather have a male avatar since I have other plans.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is the scene the same between the mother and husband scenarios, or are they different? I'll definitely be doing one of these things on my next playthrough, but I'd rather have a male avatar since I have other plans.

The scene is about the same
although the stuff she says is different.

Personally, I prefer the husband scenario. The avatar's response to her and her response to him was very touching.

Not so sure about requiring spoiler tag for this response, but eh.

Chrom's voice is Sugita, none of the Avatar voices are Sugita.

I wonder who are the other voices since I think there are two or three different voices per gender and there are only three voice actors credited in the Japanese credits. Or only three I seen on websites.

Solune

I wonder who are the other voices since I think there are two or three different voices per gender and there are only three voice actors credited in the Japanese credits. Or only three I seen on websites.

English Credits list the Japanese voice cast for Avatars as.

Female Avatars: Miyuki Sawashiro

Male Avatars:Tōru Ōkawa - (Roy Mustang!!)
Yoshimasa Hosoya

I don't think they listed the others since some voices were cut out for the eng version right?

PK Gaming

Chrom's english voice actor is Matthew Mercer aka the creator of "There will be brawl", the voice of fei long in street fighter IV, and kanji tatsumi from persona 4(anime only, latter half)

i wanted to point this out because I KNEW I heard chrom's voice before, but I couldn't put my finger on it. That guy is actually a bro irl.

Chrom's english voice actor is Matthew Mercer aka the creator of "There will be brawl", the voice of fei long in street fighter IV, and kanji tatsumi from persona 4(anime only, latter half)

i wanted to point this out because I KNEW I heard chrom's voice before, but I couldn't put my finger on it. That guy is actually a bro irl.

He was Ganondorf in There Will Be Brawl -- also in the Nin10doh Flash series. hahah http://youtu.be/yWlIBeiOrVg?t=18m12s

Anteo

Just beat chapter

You aren't in the endgame until you reach a chapter called
endgame!                 

The scene is about the same
although the stuff she says is different.

Personally, I prefer the husband scenario. The avatar's response to her and her response to him was very touching.

Not so sure about requiring spoiler tag for this response, but eh.

Robin being her mother and saying "Yes" is the best scene imo.

ffdgh

He's also Leon's VA in Resident Evil 6.

Here's a list of all the DLC out.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_na.html#ir

Probably the best ones right now are Alm's and Eirika's since they give you new classes: The Dread Fighter and the Bride Class respectively.

The Golden Gaffe is your go to if your in need of some money, it's also easy but you have to be wary of the Entombed with Counter.

Infinite Regalia is nice if you want rare weapons but enemies are kinda tough so you should level up some if you want this DLC.

Ike's upcoming DLC will give you probably one of the best skills: the Limit Breaker which gives your units +10 to your max stats. Some of the others give you other useful skills as well like Micaiah with her All Stats +2, Seliph with his Paragon skill, and Lyn with her Iote's Shield. All the others just give you characters which are really not worth your money.

And if you want something challenging save your money, since the harder ones have yet to be released.
Thanks! I think I'll get The Golden Gaffe and wait for the Ike one.

CorvoSol

Okay, so I've got Chrom x Sumia in the works, and I'm juggling Cordelia and Tharja for Avatar, and Donny x Maribelle is going to happen because that sounds hilarious, but who do I keep as a back up husband for Tharja? And who do I put with Tiki?

Okay, so I've got Chrom x Sumia in the works, and I'm juggling Cordelia and Tharja for Avatar, and Donny x Maribelle is going to happen because that sounds hilarious, but who do I keep as a back up husband for Tharja? And who do I put with Tiki?
Tiki can only be paired with the Avatar.

I got 35 bucks for the DLC, is there any order to what I should buy first? I'm still in chapter 4-5 so I might wait to be a bit more leveled

(and can I spam the money one? haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom