• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 35 bucks for the DLC, is there any order to what I should buy first? I'm still in chapter 4-5 so I might wait to be a bit more leveled

(and can I spam the money one? haha)

You can spam all of them to get whatever you want. Money, EXP, legendary weapons, skills, classes, whatever.

You'll probably want the Golden Pack for Money, EXP, and weapons, and Alm's and Eirika's DLC for their classes, and then the DLC that comes with skills, and then whichever characters you like.

Xeno_V

Any advice on using master or second seals on the MU and Chrom? I am still kinda struggling to understand how such mechanisms work. From what I saw it is generally better to first go for a second seal between levels 10-15 and then to use a master seal at lv 20. The MU and maybe Chrom should be used in the same way or not? Some people suggest that e.g. the MU should go from the tactician class to the grandmaster class. Does this mean that I am better off waiting untul he gets to lv 20 and then use a master seal?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Any advice on using master or second seals on the MU and Chrom? I am still kinda struggling to understand how such mechanisms work. From what I saw it is generally better to first go for a second seal between levels 10-15 and then to use a master seal at lv 20. The MU and maybe Chrom should be used in the same way or not? Some people suggest that e.g. the MU should go from the tactician class to the grandmaster class. Does this mean that I am better off waiting untul he gets to lv 20 and then use a master seal?

Yea. Just get Chrom to Great Lord and MU to Grandmaster once they hit 20. After Chrom gets Rightful King at 15 you can second seal him to get other stuff, MU can be second sealed at 10 since Rally All isn't super awesome.

PBalfredo

A streetpass team which appeared on my world map has the sickest Morgan I've ever seen. She's a Sorceress with Galeforce, Ignis, Armsthrift and equipped with Mire. I don't even know where you would pick up Mire but the thought of Morgan firing indefinite dark magic artillery sounds pretty damn sweet.

ffdgh

A streetpass team which appeared on my world map has the sickest Morgan I've ever seen. She's a Sorceress with Galeforce, Armsthrift and equipped with Mire. I don't even know where you would pick up Mire but the thought of Morgan firing indefinite dark magic artillery sounds pretty damn sweet.

Spotpass Gharnef sells them in the shadow dragon bonus teams.

English Credits list the Japanese voice cast for Avatars as.

Female Avatars: Miyuki Sawashiro

Male Avatars:Tōru Ōkawa - (Roy Mustang!!)
Yoshimasa Hosoya

I don't think they listed the others since some voices were cut out for the eng version right?

I believe those are the same that were listed in the Japanese credits and I think there are two or three voice per gender for your avatar. Unless they were using different pitches.

Xeno_V

Yea. Just get Chrom to Great Lord and MU to Grandmaster once they hit 20. After Chrom gets Rightful King at 15 you can second seal him to get other stuff, MU can be second sealed at 10 since Rally All isn't super awesome.

Ok thanks, I guess that I will have to wait a bit more until I use those seals. Later on are they easier to find?
How about earning gold by the way? I am playing on hard mode and after 6 chapters and 2 paralogues I have found only 1 bullion and very few items worth selling, so at the moment spending money for expensive stuff is not an option.

Hmm... My Morgan is a Manakete, but is currently a Grandmaster. I'm not going to bother with getting Swordbreaker for her. Should I leave her as a Grandmaster or go back to Manakete eventually? She's got Galeforce.

EDIT Actually wait she is a Wyvern Lord right now. So she'll have Swordbreaker in two levels. Then on to Grandmaster, and then either stay there or go back to Manakete. Hmmmm.

I got 35 bucks for the DLC, is there any order to what I should buy first? I'm still in chapter 4-5 so I might wait to be a bit more leveled

(and can I spam the money one? haha)

I'm pretty sure $35 should cover all of the season 1 DLC (which means, all of the packs available at the moment) so if you're willing to get everything, then just get everything. It's cheaper that way, if you're happy with the legacy characters. (I am)

The order they were released in is about proportional to how difficult they are -- the most recently released one, (as well as the one coming tomorrow) Rogues & Redeemers is way outside of your team's range, so you should tackle those last. The easiest one you can do right now is probably the one with Marth, (Champions of Yore 1) or some of the enemies in the Golden Gaffe (Golden Pack 1)

Turok_TTZ

Spotpass Gharnef sells them in the shadow dragon bonus teams.

also mire drops randomly in event tiles/villages. i got a mire through an event tile. was totally bummed out lol i wanted a seliph/alm blade.

no news on other dlc after ike. should we be worried?

Rarutos

Well considering we still have at least three weeks until it's possible release I don't think we should start worrying just yet.

I don't think there's much reason to worry in general, either. They'd be dumb not to put it up because it's basically free money.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well considering we still have at least three weeks until it's possible release I don't think we should start worrying just yet.

I don't think there's much reason to worry in general, either. They'd be dumb not to put it up because it's basically free money.

The entire DLC sets cost a lot more than the vanilla game but I am so powerless to resist them since it's more Fire Emblem, hahaha....haha....haha... :(

Bring it on Nintendo!

Hmm... My Morgan is a Manakete, but is currently a Grandmaster. I'm not going to bother with getting Swordbreaker for her. Should I leave her as a Grandmaster or go back to Manakete eventually? She's got Galeforce.

EDIT Actually wait she is a Wyvern Lord right now. So she'll have Swordbreaker in two levels. Then on to Grandmaster, and then either stay there or go back to Manakete. Hmmmm.
Manakete Morgan is best Morgan. Sweet growths, and Dragonstones are god-tier.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why don't Chrom and Cordelia have support events?

Also is there any reason for me to sit on the S support events? Like not use them right away and save them?

Why don't Chrom and Cordelia have support events?

Also is there any reason for me to sit on the S support events? Like not use them right away and save them?
There's no point of waiting unless you are not sure who you want to pair up. Everyone can only have one S support, so once you initiate one with a pair of characters, they won't be able to get S supports with anyone else.

If they are pairings that produce offspring, make sure you are content with the result before going forward. There is no going back.

As for Chrom and Cordelia, it's a reference to a past Fire Emblem game.

If they are pairings that produce offspring, make sure you are content with the result before going forward. There is no going back.
However, stats and skills for the offspring aren't determined until you actually bring them aboard. So you can enter the corresponding mission, check out how the kid turned out, then back out and come back later if you want to change their skills or raise their parents' stats higher. You just can't change who the parents are.

That's not too spoilery, is it?

Just finished the first part of Rogues and Redeemers.

Really good Endgame enemies stat-wise. Some parts got brutal with enemies using Astra with Brave Weapons and having low to mid crit rates. Would recommend buying this DLC. I would advise having your units reclassed at least 3 times before taking on this DLC, though.

Come on Part Two!

Turok_TTZ

but its nintendo we are talking about.
I really hope we get all the dlc. I bought it all. coy pack,gold pack, smash brethren pack, lb pack, even went and bought the rogues and redeemers pack. I would buy the rest in a heartbeat moment they are available to purchase. dont like the silence. bothers me alot. some reassurances from treehouse/noa wud be real nice.

Soulhouf

A streetpass team which appeared on my world map has the sickest Morgan I've ever seen. She's a Sorceress with Galeforce, Ignis, Armsthrift and equipped with Mire. I don't even know where you would pick up Mire but the thought of Morgan firing indefinite dark magic artillery sounds pretty damn sweet.

Why Galeforce? That doesn't make sens to me...
When you make a streepass team, you have to think it from the enemy prospective right? Which means, you concentrate on dealing the highest damage possible to be able to kill, that's your goal.

A nightmare streetpass Morgan would have something like:
Tomefaire
Ignis
Armsthrift/Sol
Counter
Aggressor

Soulhouf

Aether is better, agressor is okay but it's not a gamebreaking skill, but limitbreaker is obviously much better, armsthrift makes much less sense to have in a streetpass than galeforce.

We can debate this for a long time, but a sorcerer doesn't need Aether. Besides, having Aether and Ignis will divide the chance for Aether to trigger by 2.
You can have: Limit Breaker + Aggressor + Ignis + Tomefair + Counter + forged Nosferatu/Aversa Night and your Morgan is a nightmare in your streetpass team.

Draxal

We can debate this for a long time, but a sorcerer doesn't need Aether. Besides, having Aether and Ignis will divide the chance for Aether to trigger by 2.
You can have: Limit Breaker + Aggressor + Ignis + Tomefair + Counter + forged Nosferatu/Aversa Night and your Morgan is a nightmare in your streetpass team.

We can but I think you're overestimating the usage of aggressor in a street pass team, I think the breaker skills are much better in that regard. Aether is better than Ignis, because it does trigger two attacks, and the opposing team will have the stat advantage due to pair up.

The opponent team has the movement advantage and will most likely be attacking the Morgan unit first (they have pair up/ they will mostly have gale force/ they have usage of rescue staff/ and sometimes they might have tomebreaker just because of the prevalence of how good dark magic is).

but its nintendo we are talking about.
I really hope we get all the dlc. I bought it all. coy pack,gold pack, smash brethren pack, lb pack, even went and bought the rogues and redeemers pack. I would buy the rest in a heartbeat moment they are available to purchase. dont like the silence. bothers me alot. some reassurances from treehouse/noa wud be real nice.

Don't worry, Nintendo of Europe said we're getting all of Japan's DLC in the February Nintendo Direct.

Tom_Cody

I just saw this image on tumblr:

ycm1zAw.png

What part of the game does this come from? Is there a love test feature that I haven't come across yet (I haven't finished the main game yet).

I just saw this image on tumblr:

ycm1zAw.png

What part of the game does this come from? Is there a love test feature that I haven't come across yet (I haven't finished the main game yet).

It's from the Hubba Tester, which you can access before loading a game file.

BTW, the results are totally random and have no bearing on the actual game. It's good for laughs though.

Tom_Cody

It's from the Hubba Tester, which you can access before loading a game file.

BTW, the results are totally random and have no bearing on the actual game. It's good for laughs though.
Ok, thanks. I guess its good to know that its random. I think I am sort of suspecting that there are correct matched baked into the game somehow.

I really hope they make a direct sequel to this. I would love to see more from these characters in the future.

Chrom

Has anyone uploaded the stuff from the OST other than the music and the HD opening?

Edit: Also, the new DLC is up.

Javier

Holy shit, DLC Celica is flippin' broken. I mean Aegis/Tomefaire/Miracle/
Dual Support+
/
Rightful King
?

Ok, thanks. I guess its good to know that its random. I think I am sort of suspecting that there are correct matched baked into the game somehow.

I really hope they make a direct sequel to this. I would love to see more from these characters in the future.

I can't imagine they wouldn't make one. Isn't this game like one of the best selling Fire Emblems in a long time?

Celica's map was sorta hard, even for my fully-maxed out team. This is making me excited for Ike's map next week.

Celica has awesome skills, I'm going to make her into a Grandmaster though, to better fit her original class, a sword and magic user.

Draxal

QC wasn't exactly strong here, I'm pretty sure that they got the Falcon Knight/Dark Pegasus class descriptions wrong in game.

Most definitely.

I think its going to be the most popular one overall after all is said and done. I think Fe7 will be more popular in America in the long run, but the Japanese sales of this one were incredibly strong (not as strong as FE3, but since FE3 was japan only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom