• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Do items that raise stats increase the characters caps too? I've just hoarding all of them to blow on the last couple of maps lol

Javier

This explains a lot.

qvwiLJv.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
I need some help on a few questions regarding this game and unfortunately don't have the luxury of time to test it myself. I plan to buy a 3ds + this game for my 9 year old nephew, it will be his first proper game to speak.

- How long does it take to beat the game, how much longer does post game material take?
- Is there any raunchy content?

Thanks.

Busaiku

So you guys think that there's any chance the next game, or whenever they do another game that has more relationship systems, will allow for homosexual relationships.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I need some help on a few questions regarding this game and unfortunately don't have the luxury of time to test it myself. I plan to buy a 3ds + this game for my 9 year old nephew, it will be his first proper game to speak.

- How long does it take to beat the game, how much longer does post game material take?

Thanks.

How long? Hmm, well it depends on the difficulty levels, if you want to grind or not, etc etc, but give or take around 20 to 3o hours sounds good. If you plow through this game then it should be much faster (hell, someone actually beat this game in one of the most difficult settings in only 1 hour 40 minutes <disabling battle animations, skipping enemies movements, that kind of stuff>)

Raunchy...? Well, some of the (optional) conversations (called Support) can be but they are a very tame kind of "raunchy"; generally speaking there is no reason whatsoever that you should be worried of "raunchiness" when playing this game.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm on casual and I've slinked almost everyone, and i pretty much beat everything in like 7 turns lol.

Not even chapter 11 finished yet.

Thanks.

My eight year old little sister loves this game. I think that tells you everything.

Gvaz

Banned
I mean the only reason I'm playing on casual is because I hate permadeath. Otherwise I'd be all for stronger enemies or whatever.

For over a week, I keep forgetting we still haven't gotten
Aversa
yet and she's the one due out this Thursday, not
Priam

And everytime I remember, I keep making myself even more disappointed.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aversa
Priam

She's the last marriageable candidate for Male Avatar correct?

Good, then I can complete the support collection for him.

Frolow

Banned
Aversa
Priam

Aversa
is going to completely break Morgen. lol.

And quick question: How many Spotpass and DLC characters are there? I'm curious to see if all of them would fit in the logbook.

BJWanlund

Oh wow. Oh wow. Fantastic game. This is actually my first Fire Emblem game. It actually is not the first strategy RPG I've played (that honor belongs to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance), but this IS the first strategy RPG that captured my imagination and hooked me in via its story all the way until the bitter end. 30 hours later, I've completed the main story and am sorely tempted to start again and play with a female avatar this time (especially since
Marth's/Lucina's
stats are dependent upon the stats of her mother and father and her stats when I paired Chrom with Sumia are not the greatest.)

Frolow

Banned
Oh wow. Oh wow. Fantastic game. This is actually my first Fire Emblem game. It actually is not the first strategy RPG I've played (that honor belongs to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance), but this IS the first strategy RPG that captured my imagination and hooked me in via its story all the way until the bitter end. 30 hours later, I've completed the main story and am sorely tempted to start again and play with a female avatar this time (especially since
Marth's/Lucina's
stats are dependent upon the stats of her mother and father and her stats when I paired Chrom with Sumia are not the greatest.)
Olivia is the best mother for
Lucina
from what I've heard. Might want to look into that before doing another playthrough.

CorvoSol

I mean the only reason I'm playing on casual is because I hate permadeath. Otherwise I'd be all for stronger enemies or whatever.

I thought the only difference between Casual and Classic was the ability to save whenever and the no permadeaths?

CorvoSol

I ain't never going with Sumia. She's like, the most banal love interest in the entire game, and probably one of the blandest characters. I wed her to Frederick so they could be boring together, and have boring, dull children and live boring, dull lives in the shadows of more interesting people.

Because Sumia is a lame-ass, pie-baking try-hard.

Moonlight

Banned
I ain't never going with Sumia. She's like, the most banal love interest in the entire game, and probably one of the blandest characters. I wed her to Frederick so they could be boring together, and have boring, dull children and live boring, dull lives in the shadows of more interesting people.

Because Sumia is a lame-ass, pie-baking try-hard.
This is like the opposite of Sumia's kid.

Busaiku

I remember Sully was like the most hyped girl prior to the US release, and around then as well, I think.
What happened to that.

Moonlight

Banned
To be entirely fair some of her S-Rank events are kinda underwhelming. For the only canon romance in the game, I feel like they could've done a better job than pie.

That said, Sumia and especially Cynthia are cool characters.

I remember Sully was like the most hyped girl prior to the US release, and around then as well, I think.
What happened to that.
If there was hype I was seeing none of it. I was all about Tharja and Cordelia pre-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom