• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
People discovered her personality. And then her terrible child.
I probably would've been a little more inclined towards her kid if they just used her original character art. The Knight armour will never stop looking ridiculous to me.

...of course, still wouldn't have fixed her GRRRRRRRRRR YOU AREN'T STRONG stuff.

Well they are by far the best first gen wives.
I'm just gonna point to my avatar.

Gestahl

Unless you're on lunatic/+ the only way hard is ever going to be difficult near the end is if you never grind or do DLC (aka play a straight FE game).

Not really, I had a "traditional" hard mode run halfway finished and I had to reset maybe once or twice, and only because I was blazing through it and getting lazy as hell about my positioning, like triggering the CH11 boss without the right setup. You can point Donnel at just about everything in the midgame (raising him surprisingly wasn't difficult) and watch it disappear and Nosfertanking with MU obviously doesn't break the game only on Lunatic. I wasn't even really playing favorites with exp so a more directed and thought-out playthrough would be even easier. The whole game feels sloppy when it comes to balance.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It seems SereneForest agrees that Sumia and Chrom's pies is caused by 8-4 playing too much with the original text, however.

I'd be interested in seeing their original support before translation.

I'm just gonna point to my avatar.

Out of all the people in the cast Anna is the one with least connection with the plot, I think. I mean, I don't think she has a personal stake whatsoever at the plot while other people are like, members of the Shepard, part of the rebellion, etc etc etc.

Busaiku

Most characters besides the initial Shepherds, Lucina, Say'ri, Basilio, and Flavia have little bearing on anything.

eyPOt0s.png

Also, I keep getting this ad.

Moonlight

Banned
Out of all the people in the cast Anna is the one with least connection with the plot, I think. I mean, I don't think she has a personal stake whatsoever at the plot while other people are like, members of the Shepard, part of the rebellion, etc etc etc.
Of course she has some stake in the plot.

Can't sell weapons to dead soldiers!

Also, I was insanely surprised to discover, as I did, that Anna's support is completely different for FeMU.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Most characters besides the initial Shepherds, Lucina, Say'ri, Basilio, and Flavia have little bearing on anything.

But at the very least they have a connection/stake to the overall plight of the plot, while Anna has none.

Which is why it feels weird for me if she, say, participate in the final battle.

Not to mention she only support two people (mannnn, she and Say'ri--especially Say'ri--really need to get their support upped!), limiting her gameplay application.

Yeah, the original support is much better. Really don't know why they went with pies. >_>

They mess around with Henry's too, IIRC, if the people in SereneForest is to be believed. There are depth of character in his original supports whereas the new one is just about HAHAHAHAHAHA and puns.

Gestahl

Imagine how much better the plot and characterization would be if that little Shepard Base scene at the beginning of the game wasn't some freak anomaly.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How do Tharja or Libra have a connection to anything.
Same with like Gaius, and a bunch of others.

Libra --> Emmeryn. The first level when he is recruited clearly stated him saying "LADY EMMERYN!!!"

Tharja, hmmm --> obsessing over the Avatar and thus has a personal stake at his/her fate?

Gaius --> hmmm, I need to think about this one. Maybe his quip about "How they dare trying to kill a nice lady like Emmeryn?" Hahaha.

Draxal

Imagine how much better the plot and characterization would be if that little Shepard Base scene at the beginning of the game wasn't some freak anomaly.

I thought that part was banal too, I just really think the last half of the game was rushed. Say'ri not having any supports at all and the map design really took a dive in the end of the game.

But at the very least they have a connection/stake to the overall plight of the plot, while Anna has none.

Which is why it feels weird for me if she, say, participate in the final battle.

Not to mention she only support two people (mannnn, she and Say'ri--especially Say'ri--really need to get their support upped!), limiting her gameplay application.

They mess around with Henry's too, IIRC, if the people in SereneForest is to be believed. There are depth of character in his original supports whereas the new one is just about HAHAHAHAHAHA and puns.

A decent amount of the supports are listed in that thread I posted, you just have to go to the first page.

CorvoSol

This is like the opposite of Sumia's kid.

I haven't gotten that far yet.

Hating on Frederick and Sumia?!
This is terrible.

In Frederick's defense he at least can be cool sometimes. But Sumia is like white bread with hole-less swiss washed down with a cup of skim milk. She's BLAND as hell.

I had her up to A rank with Chrom and took pity on the guy because their relationship that far had been about PIE.

Moonlight

Banned
It's a tragedy because the two (three, technically) supports she does have are some of the best and funniest in the game. I would literally pay for DLC that added supports for characters like Anna, Tiki, Say'ri, Basilio, and Flavia (the latter two were cheated out of an S-Rank with each other). Great characters with interesting perspectives that are barely explored. Augh.

Busaiku

Libra --> Emmeryn. The first level when he is recruited clearly stated him saying "LADY EMMERYN!!!"

Tharja, hmmm --> obsessing over the Avatar and thus has a personal stake at his/her fate?

Gaius --> hmmm, I need to think about this one. Maybe his quip about "How they dare trying to kill a nice lady like Emmeryn?" Hahaha.

Anna -> If Grima wins how is she supposed to make money.

Draxal

It's a tragedy because the two (three, technically) supports she does have are some of the best and funniest in the game. I would literally pay for DLC that added supports for characters like Anna, Tiki, Say'ri, Basilio, and Flavia (the latter two were cheated out of an S-Rank with each other). Great characters with interesting perspectives that are barely explored. Augh.

The bonds series are basically just that, you just don't get any stat bonuses though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Yup, I will easily fork money for more character supports. YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO?

Anna -> If Grima wins how is she supposed to make money.

Hahaha.

Well, the girl always do seem so cheery and jokes about anything--bless her--so it's so hard to picture her getting all involved in the "I am gonna save this world!" mood like the rest of the heroes, all serious-like.

The bonds series are basically just that, you just don't get any stat bonuses though.

For some reason I fear that we won't get those DLCs. Just a horrible hunch. Hopefully this feeling is wrong, because I will be very upset if it's true :\

Draxal

For some reason I fear that we won't get those DLCs. Just a horrible hunch. Hopefully this feeling is wrong, because I will be very upset if it's true :\

My memory might be faulty here, but a mod basically said he worked on the translations including every piece of the dlc here.

Moonlight

Banned
Well, the girl always do seem so cheery and jokes about anything--bless her--so it's so hard to picture her getting all involved in the "I am gonna save this world!" mood like the rest of the heroes, all serious-like.
And that's why she's so great.

I'm sure we'll see it eventually. Just need to wait what news comes after we're done with this current "arc" of DLC.

Bladenic

Yeah I regret marrying Chrom to that pie baking nutjob. Sumia is basically Colette from Tales of Symphonia except lacking any of Colette's charming aspects and being a crazy pie baking stalker.

Yup, I will easily fork money for more character supports. YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO?
Take all my money for more supports. At least in the second set of DLC they later game characters get some more character development.

I want a real North American popularity poll with some DLC tailored to it too. (Walhart in a swimsuit? Yes please.)

Busaiku

You know, I kind of wouldn't mind if in future Fire Emblem games, they had minor characters simply leave after a certain point, but having a greater stake in the story.
Like Libra could've been more important regarding Emmeryn, and then just have him go.

Yeah, the characters do develop more, especially in this, but I'd really rather some of these minor characters have some sort of purpose.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
My memory might be faulty here, but a mod basically said he worked on the translations including every piece of the dlc here.

Man, I hope john tv can confirm that for us, it would be so great not to worry over it.

And that's why she's so great.

I'm sure we'll see it eventually. Just need to wait what news comes after we're done with this current "arc" of DLC.

I actually really like Anna and her cheerfulness. It's just I can't bring her to "serious" battles like the final battle because her cheerfulness its so infectious that it may impact the atmosphere of sourness/desperation that I feel important to make the whole thing more "epic" :)

As for the DLC, hmmm, I really really hope so.

Yeah I regret marrying Chrom to that pie baking nutjob. Sumia is basically Colette from Tales of Symphonia except lacking any of Colette's charming aspects and being a crazy pie baking stalker.

Man, see what you have done to Sumia, 8-4? Hahaha.

You know, I kind of wouldn't mind if in future Fire Emblem games, they had minor characters simply leave after a certain point, but having a greater stake in the story.
Like Libra could've been more important regarding Emmeryn, and then just have him go.

Yeah, the characters do develop more, especially in this, but I'd really rather some of these minor characters have some sort of purpose.

But it's FE traditional for someone to randomly force themselves into your party for no good reason.

Moonlight

Banned
I actually really like Anna and her cheerfulness. It's just I can't bring her to "serious" battles like the final battle because her cheerfulness its so infectious that it may impact the atmosphere of sourness/desperation that I feel important to make the whole thing more "epic" :)
I kinda get what you mean - I bring on all the kids I can for the final battle because I think it serves the plot and tone the best.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
But it's FE traditional for someone to randomly force themselves into your party for no good reason.

Like I once said, if I am a part of the bad guy group all I need to do is to invent some whacky random scenario while putting an innocent face and says, "Dude, I want to join you!"

-Presto!-

Instant access to the good guys' movements/plans and all of its important VIPs.

I kinda get what you mean - I bring on all the kids I can for the final battle because I think it serves the plot and tone the best.

Yeah. I always do that sort of things in games with selectable companions.

Like I once said, if I am a part of the bad guy group all I need to do is to invent some whacky random scenario while putting an innocent face and says, "Dude, I want to join you!"

-Presto!-

Instant access to the good guys' movements/plans and all of its important VIPs.

That totally could have been Henry's whole character.

Chrom

Regarding SpotPass and DLC characters:

From the Bonus Box, there are to be a total of 120 different characters that you can recruit via SpotPass. Across all of the DLC that was released in Japan, an additional 17 characters are also available, not 23.

The Avatar Logbook only holds up to 99 SpotPass/DLC/Avatar characters at a time.

Fe12 spoilers ahoy.

Wasn't that basically Katarina's role?

Well she never stated she was in the assassins before trying to kill Marth and then she goes through that whole unsure what to do before trying to atone for her actions. Not really the same.

Regarding SpotPass and DLC characters:

From the Bonus Box, there are to be a total of 120 different characters that you can recruit via SpotPass. Across all of the DLC that was released in Japan, an additional 17 characters are also available, not 23.

The Avatar Logbook only holds up to 99 SpotPass/DLC/Avatar characters at a time.

Oh right, the SpotPass Paralogue characters can't go into your Avatar Logbook.

CorvoSol

Join team Purple Sparkles. Olivia is best waifu for Chrom.

I keep hearing this Priam chum is a DLC only character. Which DLC does Priam come in?

Bladenic

Join team Purple Sparkles. Olivia is best waifu for Chrom.

I keep hearing this Priam chum is a DLC only character. Which DLC does Priam come in?

Too late now I guess. Maybe I'll marry Olivia to Avatar. Although I really can't pick his marriage candidate. Can you marry the 2nd gen characters? I may wait until I get more of them. Is Lucina able to be married to Avatar? That would be really weird considering
she calls him Uncle lmao

CorvoSol

Too late now I guess. Maybe I'll marry Olivia to Avatar. Although I really can't pick his marriage candidate. Can you marry the 2nd gen characters? I may wait until I get more of them. Is Lucina able to be married to Avatar? That would be really weird considering
she calls him Uncle lmao

I'm having a hard time picking for Avatar, too. Cordelia's sitting pretty in first, but Tharja is hot on her heels, and Anna and Tiki are wrestling for third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom