• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
My preferences are:

Morgan (F) > Lucina > Owain > Cynthia > Inigo > Severa > Noire > Brady > Gerome > Nah > Laurent > Kjelle >>> Morgan (M) >>>>>> Yarne

Busaiku

Owain > Inigo > Morgan (Female) > Cynthia > Noire > Brady > Gerome = Lucina > Yarne = Nah > Kjelle > Laurent = Severa

Nah and Kjelle are pretty forgettable, but at least I don't actively dislike them.
Still gotta get Morgan (Male), but that'll be a while.

I like Yarne a lot more in his earlier supports, but I don't like him as much when he's more developed.

Moonlight

Banned
It doesn't need to happen by Chapter 12, and there's no deadline for it (until the game literally ends). I just like having the marriages done as quickly as I can. It doesn't need to be something you stress over.

Busaiku

You actually don't even have to worry about Chrom being married, unless you want a specific partner for him.
The game will automatically marry him to whichever female he has the most support with.

Hahahaha.

Well, you know what I mean.

It's unfortunate that her existence is often cited by this game's detractors though; one of the prime reasons why some mock this game even without playing it (or after playing it in some cases)

I get you, but just think what Nowi would be like with big boobs.

Anteo

You actually don't even have to worry about Chrom being married, unless you want a specific partner for him.
The game will automatically marry him to whichever female he has the most support with.

You don't want him with Generic Village Girl. So at least try to get one rank with anyone.

PK Gaming

Permadeath is the best thing about the series.

image.php

:?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
All an Arms Scroll does is boost all of a unit's weapon ranks to the next one.

Very useful when you've got nothing but E's. My Dark Knight Tiki would greatly appreciate an Arms Scroll. She's also going to appreciate Lifetaker once she gets it.

Not as much as Cordelia though. I'm having a hard time seeing any first-gen character aside from the avatar being better than her. Sol+Lifetaker+Galeforce+Armsthrift. Then you have plenty of options for that last skill even outside DLC options. Axe/Tomebreaker. Lancefaire. Vengeance, though that doesn't really fit all that well, but it's a pretty decent skill nonetheless. Then throw in her good modifiers and growths.

I think I'm going to solo the last chapter with her because why not.

Draxal

Very useful when you've got nothing but E's. My Dark Knight Tiki would greatly appreciate an Arms Scroll. She's also going to appreciate Lifetaker once she gets it.

Not as much as Cordelia though. I'm having a hard time seeing any first-gen character aside from the avatar being better than her. Sol+Lifetaker+Galeforce+Armsthrift. Then you have plenty of options for that last skill even outside DLC options. Axe/Tomebreaker. Lancefaire. Vengeance, though that doesn't really fit all that well, but it's a pretty decent skill nonetheless. Then throw in her good modifiers and growths.

I think I'm going to solo the last chapter with her because why not.

I think sol/lifetaker a redundant but yeah, Cordelia has 3 of the best core classes.

I wouldn't mind if Future Fire Emblems came out with Skylander type character expansions in the future. Even though pokemon would be the perfect Nintendo IP for a skylanders type game.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I lol at the amount of people that miss Kellam, because you know that goes totally well with his character.

Aexact

You don't want him with Generic Village Girl. So at least try to get one rank with anyone.
Generic village girl may be harder to marry then Olivia, haha.

Her magic growth is pretty dire but once she's maxed, yeah, her potential is way better then other gen 1 guys and occasionally competitive with gen 2. Armsthrift is so convenient, I start to neglect people who don't have it (and the list of people who do have it is short).

Draxal

Her magic growth is pretty dire but once she's maxed, yeah, her potential is way better then other gen 1 guys and occasionally competitive with gen 2. Armsthrift is so convenient, I start to neglect people who don't have it (and the list of people who do have it is short).

Only thing that's annoying about her is low magic cap + lack of tomefaire, even the growth rate issue is fixed by the copious amounts of +stat items the game throws at you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, have to force feed her Spirit Dust, even as a Sorcerer she only has 35 magic growth.

But that doesn't bother me too much since outside the Sorcerer class you're not going to be using magic much anyway. She seems best as a hero to me, or Falcom Knight as the best alternative to that (more so for lances than staves).

Draxal

It's not really important given how generous the game is in regard of weapons.

Except for the very best ones (Celica's Gale X Aversa's Night) which are complete RNG grinds to get. Ragnell/Amatsus are also very very good and complete pain to get enough of.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Armsthrift is just nice so you can forge up extremely strong weapons and not worry about them breaking for a long time (or ever, depending on the character). You can easily hit up Golden Gaffe for cash, but when you're talking 15k+ a pop for forging that can still add up to be a lot of extra cash grinding.

Edit: Plus the grinding to get the weapons you want.

I got like 5 Celica's Gales on my first playthrough. Lots of Aversa's Nights too, at least 3. Second playthrough... one of each so far. No luck at all regarding good weapon in fact, only gotten a handful. Couple Hector's Axes, those are nice.

Aexact

It's not really important given how generous the game is in regard of weapons.
It doesn't directly affect your combat prowess like say a -faire or -breaker skill but it's really convenient and combined with Sol or Sorc, skipping enemy phase has never been more hands off.

Soulhouf

Except for the very best ones (Celica's Gale X Aversa's Night) which are complete RNG grinds to get. Ragnell/Amatsus are also very very good and complete pain to get enough of.

It doesn't directly affect your combat prowess like say a -faire or -breaker skill but it's really convenient and combined with Sol or Sorc, skipping enemy phase has never been more hands off.

That's right. But you don't really need such powerful weapons except for a couple DLC.
Sure, it's very convenient. With Armsthrift, you can use these weapons whenever you want without worrying to loose them, but you don't really loose much if you don't.

The game throws at you a shit load of weapons. I'm pretty sure 90% of players here have enough weapons for at least 100 more characters when they beat the game.

Draxal

That's right. But you don't really need such powerful weapons except for a couple DLC.
Sure, it's very convenient. With Armsthrift, you can use these weapons whenever you want without worrying to loose them, but you don't really loose much if you don't.

The game throws at you a shit load of weapons. I'm pretty sure 90% of players here have enough weapons for at least 100 more characters when they beat the game.

It's just a matter of convenience(and I kinda did forget Celica's gale can be bought from her spotpass). In the grand scheme of things there are very few good items/skills, and if you're doing a no dlc/avoid shinies/barracks conversations, armsthrift is a valuable skill over alot of the garbage skills in the game.

backlot

You can buy infinite Celica's Gales if you summon her SpotPass team.

CorvoSol

Got Cherche last night. Prolly gonna waifu her out to Lon'qu. Her and that hammer tore up Ch. 12. Also I hired Eliwood. That way Lyn won't be so lonely when I get her. Most of my party have maxed out their job classes and are about ready to reclass.

Is War Monk a 2nd level class, though? Because it would explain why Libra levels up so slowly.

Anteo

Two things.

$31 with the packs. You can cut it to about $20 if you just want the ones with good rewards.

1) Holy shit I have all the dlc, $31? I.. I.. god...

Holy shit. I think that just made my decision to purchase the game. I am a DLC completist and that is waaaay over my acceptable budget for handheld DLC.

2) If I read that correctly, you are skipping a great game because it has too much dlc? Even if the game is complete as is and the dlc is mostly Fan Service/Challenges? =(

Got Cherche last night. Prolly gonna waifu her out to Lon'qu. Her and that hammer tore up Ch. 12. Also I hired Eliwood. That way Lyn won't be so lonely when I get her. Most of my party have maxed out their job classes and are about ready to reclass.

Is War Monk a 2nd level class, though? Because it would explain why Libra levels up so slowly.

Yes, War Monk is the 2nd level of Priest.

Yup. It's the promoted version of priest/cleric(Lissa).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. I think that just made my decision to purchase the game. I am a DLC completist and that is waaaay over my acceptable budget for handheld DLC.

The base game has plenty of content even without the DLC. I wouldn't recommend passing on it because of that. 50 total chapters plus the tons of spotpass characters you can challenge. And the streetpass and double duel things, but I haven't messed with either of those.

1) Holy shit I have all the dlc, $31? I.. I.. god...

That's why they roll it out slowly, so you don't realize how much you spend!

Sleepy

Yeah, I know it's pretty dumb to skip it. What would you guys say are the absolute must have DLC packs? and what would they run?

Anteo

The base game has plenty of content even without the DLC. I wouldn't recommend passing on it because of that. 50 total chapters plus the tons of spotpass characters you can challenge. And the streetpass and double duel things, but I haven't messed with either of those.

That's why they roll it out slowly, so you don't realize how much you spend!

I knew I was going to pay 60-70 for the dlc (assuming they release the 2nd season) but I can't belive we are around 30 already. =(

Yeah, I know it's pretty dumb to skip it. What would you guys say are the absolute must have DLC packs? and what would they run?

Champions of yore
CoY1 = Recruit Marth.
CoY2 = Recruit Roy.
CoY3 = Recruit Macaiah. New Skill (All stats +2) MAYBE, is a good place to train low-mid level units

Cheat Trio (Maybe get the pack)
GG = Cheat Map for easy gold
EG = Cheat Map for easy exp (great for late and post gamelater dlc level units, okayish for others)
IR = Cheat Map for easy Legendary Weapons

Lost Bloodlines
LB1= Recruit Leif.
LB2 = Recruit Alm. New Class (Berseker, male units exclusive) GET
LB3 = Recruit Seliph. New Skill (Paragon x2 exp gain) MAYBE

Smash Brethrem
SB1 = Recruit Eliniciar. Skip
SB2 = Recruit Eirikar. New Class (Bride, female units exclusive) GET
SB3 = Recruit Lyn. Iote Shield Skill (Negates flyer units weakness) MAYBE

Roge & Redeemers (High Dificulty Maps)
RR1 = Recruit Ephraim.
RR2 = Recruit Celica.
RR3 = Recruit Ike. New Skill (Limit breaker, increases the caps of a character by 10) GET

The second season, contains maps with new conversations between the characters, new challenging maps and an alternate story dealing with an alternate future.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_na.html

The most relevant ones to normal play would be the Golden Pack, since you get maps that let you grind for exp, money, and legendary weapons. The Bride and Dread Fighter classes can also be useful.

Limit Break and Paragon are really useful if you're doing post-game challenges, otherwise not so much.

All Stats +2 can also be useful, especially at lower levels, but is probably the least important of the bunch. Well, other than Iote's Shield, which is full of meh. Might have been okay if it came earlier/in an easier pack. By the time you can get it you'll be so used to protecting your fliers you won't need it.

I knew I was going to pay 60-70 for the dlc (assuming they release the 2nd season) but I can't belive we are around 30 already. =(

Well, we already have all of season one now. Rogues and Redeemers 3 was the last one.

I'll probably get the Ultimate Training maps and Strongest One's Name from the season 2 maps. Not sure about Future of Despair, and I'm not interested in the Bonds ones.

EG = Cheat Map for easy exp (great for late and post gamelater dlc level units, okayish for others)

If you use Paragon that map never outlives it's use, except maybe on Lunatic mode. Problem is you need lots of level 30 enemies to spawn since the others aren't very useful. Maybe the level 20s too if you're freshly reclassed.

Bladenic

So I married Chrom and Sumia in Chapter 11. Anyone else I should marry before a certain point or anything like that (anything unlock or w/e)?

And on that point, is there anyone in particular I should marry to my male avatar? Leaning towards Tharja, Anna or perhaps Olivia when she joins.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I married Chrom and Sumia in Chapter 11. Anyone else I should marry before a certain point or anything like that (anything unlock or w/e)?

And on that point, is there anyone in particular I should marry to my male avatar? Leaning towards Tharja, Anna or perhaps Olivia when she joins.

Chrom's marriage is the only one that has a cut off since it ties into the story. The rest you can do at any point, even after you beat the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom