• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is Kjelle any good, I've been too lazy to pair Sully with anyone.

And I mean as a waifu.

To get the absolute best Morgan the Avatar is pretty much required to marry 2nd gen characters.

Well, that said, her overall potential is kind of depending on with whom you are pairing Sully with, and her base stat depends on how well you train Sully and her husband.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I pronounce it "THAR-ya"; that seems to make the most sense based on how it's written in Japanese. Dunno why they gave it a soft j, but I won't question the decision. :p

CorvoSol

Sarya. That's how she's meant to be pronounced.

Without understanding anything about the differences between Japanese and English, that seems like some heck of a difference.

Yeah I pronounce it "THAR-ya"; that seems to make the most sense based on how it's written in Japanese. Dunno why they gave it a soft j, but I won't question the decision. :p

Ah, I've been going with Tarzha, or however you want to write that j sound that's like in measure.

CSX

Without understanding anything about the differences between Japanese and English, that seems like some heck of a difference.

Some names are changed since they just sound a little weird for an English name. For example Gaius is Gaia.

If i remember right, Japanese don't have "Th" and they sometimes replace it with "S"

Example = Jonathan = Jo-na-san.

So basically they reverse this for her english name and changed y to a j for dat fanciness

Sarya = Tharja

CorvoSol

Some names are changed since they just sound a little weird for an English name. For example Gaius is Gaia.

If i remember right, Japanese don't have "Th" and they sometimes replace it with "S"

Example = Jonathan = Jo-na-san.

So basically they reverse this for her english name and changed y to a j for dat fanciness

Sarya = Tharja

Ah. Makes sense. They don't have TH in Portuguese and it usually winds up either T or S. Like Jo-na-tan

Draxal

Ah. Makes sense. They don't have TH in Portuguese and it usually winds up either T or S. Like Jo-na-tan

Well, assuming that Portuguese and Spanish are familiar in regard (I know they can be very simliar yet different at the same exact time). Cordelia's name was Tiamo, had to change it due to Spanish meaning, like La Puta.

CSX

Well, assuming that Portuguese and Spanish are familiar in regard (I know they can be very simliar yet different at the same exact time). Cordelia's name was Tiamo, had to change it due to Spanish meaning, like La Puta.

We had this discussion back during release week. Tiamo is a way of saying "I love you" so they changed it to an English equilavent of that. Cordelia means heart

Draxal

We had this discussion back during release week. Tiamo is a way of saying "I love you" so they changed it to an English equilavent of that. Cordelia means heart

Ayup, but the conclusion was more that it was based off Cordelia from King Lear, who refused to profess to her love.

CorvoSol

Wait, wha? I thought Tiamo was like "Te Amo" which is "I love You". If La Puta is anything like it is in Portuguese, that's not exactly a similar meaning. Kind of a leap from "I love you" to "The Prostitute." Then again, there's like a revolving door on tents in this game. Cordelia slips into Chrom's and Tharja into Avatar's. Presumably Olivia just sits somewhere and cries.

Because I got Lucina last night and she sat there and bawled over how she thought Chrom and Lucina were in love. It was also odd that Lucina was initially hesitant to call her "Mother." Nice that they hugged it out.

So I know I can get kids as soon as Chapter 13 is over, but when should I start getting them?

Draxal

Wait, wha? I thought Tiamo was like "Te Amo" which is "I love You". If La Puta is anything like it is in Portuguese, that's not exactly a similar meaning. Kind of a leap from "I love you" to "The Prostitute." Then again, there's like a revolving door on tents in this game. Cordelia slips into Chrom's and Tharja into Avatar's. Presumably Olivia just sits somewhere and cries.

Because I got Lucina last night and she sat there and bawled over how she thought Chrom and Lucina were in love. It was also odd that Lucina was initially hesitant to call her "Mother." Nice that they hugged it out.

So I know I can get kids as soon as Chapter 13 is over, but when should I start getting them?

My bad, I really kinda fudged explsining that. Laputa was a Japanese movie that they had to change the name over in America. Tiamo was a smiliar situation, not the same exact thing and no where the same extreme.

Aggrotek

Ok so I am confused, I went to StreetPass Team and some how ended up with Marth on my team now.... How did I get him without paying?

o.o

Edit: Actually it was the Bonus Box... I am really confused.

Sleepy

Alright, damn the DLC, I ordered it. No I just have to wait 3 weeks for Amazon to ship the damn thing. Back to Luigi's Mansion.

backlot

Ok so I am confused, I went to StreetPass Team and some how ended up with Marth on my team now.... How did I get him without paying?

o.o

Edit: Actually it was the Bonus Box... I am really confused.

You can recruit anybody from the bonus box. There are a lot of different Marths.

Javier

My bad, I really kinda fudged explsining that. Laputa was a Japanese movie that they had to change the name over in America. Tiamo was a smiliar situation, not the same exact thing and no where the same extreme.
A "closer to home" example would be Marisa from Sacred Stones. Her Japanese name was Marika, but they had to change that for localization because it's a very offensive insult in Spanish.

What is the difference between them?

Prince Marth from SpotPass is Level 25 and has Charm, Luck +4, Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, Dual Support+.

Prince Marth from DLC is Level 8 and has Aptitude, Charm.

King Marth from SpotPass is Level 30 and has Sol, Luna, Astra, Aegis, Rightful King, plus better max stats than the above.

TWILT

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow for not only that Limit Break, but the best lord is out too.

Too bad his artwork is awful. :|

Aexact

Man, I haven't even decided on pairings yet. If I'm going to grind out a full set of Limit Breaks, I only want to do it once!

Soulhouf

Can't wait for tomorrow for not only that Limit Break, but the best lord is out too.

Too bad his artwork is awful. :|

He is not a true Lord.
But who cares? No other hero can compare to him.

As for his art, you will only see his face, so, whatever.

Chrom

As for his art, you will only see his face, so, whatever.

Eh, not entirely true, as you do see the full art when you do the question portion of the DLC after the map is over, and whenever you tap the mug and see the little chart thing, but both of those are avoidable.

What's going on tomorrow? Are there timed events?

No timed events, just new DLC that will be available to purchase and play.

Link Man

Banned
So I got to level 20 in advanced classes for the avatar and Lissa (they were Grandmaster and Sage, respectively), and am starting to have some fun with reclassing. Lissa I changed to a Dark Flier (for Galeforce), but she'll end up as a Valkyrie, I think. As for the avatar, he's a swordmaster right now, and afterwards will be a sage (for swordfaire and tomefaire), then it's back to Grandmaster.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I got to level 20 in advanced classes for the avatar and Lissa (they were Grandmaster and Sage, respectively), and am starting to have some fun with reclassing. Lissa I changed to a Dark Flier (for Galeforce), but she'll end up as a Valkyrie, I think. As for the avatar, he's a swordmaster right now, and afterwards will be a sage (for swordfaire and tomefaire), then it's back to Grandmaster.

Why would anyone go Valkyrie as end-class? Quite probably the only promoted class with no worthwhile skills whatsoever. For looks?

Why would anyone go Valkyrie as end-class? Quite probably the only promoted class with no worthwhile skills whatsoever. For looks?

Dual Support+ gives you an auto support bonus that's equivalent to an A rank support. Unless you are always having nobody next to anybody, that's a pretty good skill.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
For staves, tomes and mobility. I'll already have the skills I want.

Hmmmm.

Well, even if we take mobility into account Sage is much more preferable to me than Valkyrie. Don't like too many horses in my army myself :)

Say folks, what other games are you using your 3DS for right now aside from this? Or is it still reserved exclusively for Awakening?

Me myself, I can't wait to play Soul Hacker.

While I am at it, what are you playing right now aside from this game? I am playing Bioshock Infinite, and it's quite a blast!

Dual Support+ ain't worth it?

Crazy.

Dual Support+ gives you an auto support bonus that's equivalent to an A rank support. Unless you are always having nobody next to anybody, that's a pretty good skill.

It would have been nice if it gives Dual Attack+. Admittedly, I have never really tried it myself though, actually, since the skills description do not interest me--are the bonus stats significant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom