• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Why would anyone go Valkyrie as end-class? Quite probably the only promoted class with no worthwhile skills whatsoever. For looks?
I don't have the game yet, but a staff user with good mobility, but without the weakness to bows? That sounds pretty good to me. Still have to watch for anti-beast weapons, of course.

McNum

Isn't Valkyrie the non-flying one? Like Mist in Path of Radiance?

Ah, well I suppose with the bunnies around, you'd want more of those weapons for harder enemies...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I admit, one of the biggest knocks for me for not using Valkyrie is the fact that they use horses.

Seem like a silly reason I know, but I don't like having too many horses in my army. Look kind of silly :p

Isn't Valkyrie the non-flying one? Like Mist in Path of Radiance?

Ah, well I suppose with the bunnies around, you'd want more of those weapons for harder enemies...

Yes.

Beast Weapons are pretty uncommon, much less than arrows/wind magic/beast killing weapons (poor fliers).

And Valkyries are easier to have a decent character in (at the beginning) since unlike the other mounted magic class, they aren't forced to hope for decent growth in both strength and magic.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just can't wrap my head about people in horses gallivanting about inside palaces/mansions/castles whacking people in the head. They must have built very large buildings in Fire Emblem universe.

CSX

For the person in my university spotpassing with a team full of stat boosting items including an Arms Scroll, you have my gratitude :)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Sage is better than Valkyrie. -1 speed, -3 res, but otherwise it's caps are better.

Only reason I'd use a Valkyrie is if I specifically wanted a mounted non-flying stave user.

Gestahl

I just can't wrap my head about people in horses gallivanting about inside palaces/mansions/castles whacking people in the head. They must have built very large buildings in Fire Emblem universe.

Some of the older games tried to get around that disconnect by implementing dismounting.

Of course then you ended up with situations like FE5 where almost all your riders got fucked by endgame since most of them can't wield their main weapon indoors

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Some of the older games tried to get around that disconnect by implementing dismounting.

Of course then you ended up with situations like FE5 where almost all your riders got fucked by endgame since most of them can't wield their main weapon indoors

It's funny to think that people who are masters at wielding spears/swords immediately forgets how to wield them as soon as they dismount their horses, hahaha.

It's funny to think that people who are masters at wielding spears/swords immediately forgets how to wield them as soon as they dismount their horses, hahaha.

Actually the ones who could wield swords while mounted weren't as hit hard by dismounting since they could still wield swords. Just everyone else had to suddenly wield a sword when the game moves to an indoor chapter.

Oh and I guess Mage Knights were also spared since they can still use magic when dismounted. Bow Knights were also spared.

Gestahl

I'm pretty sure like Dashin or that motherfucker Xavier were the only ones capable of wielding lances indoors

Lance users got shit on so bad in 5

ohlawd

the shaft of a lance

3HaR6Xe.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
*Imagining random things*

People who can change into Dragons like Tiki, Nah, or Nowi..... their magic also applies to their clothes, huh, since their clothes show no signs of tear or contraction or damage even after they are reverting to their normal bodies after transforming into a giant monster of doom.

Like the Hulk and its magically contracting pants equipped with automatic resizing feature (tm)

ohlawd

*Imagining random things*

People who can change into Dragons like Tiki, Nah, or Nowi..... their magic also applies to their clothes, huh, since their clothes show no signs of tear or contraction or damage even after they are reverting to their normal bodies after transforming into a giant monster of doom.

Like the Hulk and its magically contracting pants equipped with automatic resizing feature (tm)

Maybe it's more like the Magical Girl variant.

You know how all these girls transform into their super sexy, super kawaii outfits coupled with wands/staves that can blast super sexy pink beams of death but when they're done, they revert back to their normal attire as if nothing happened?

So if we apply that to Tiki and the others:
normal outfit = their normal clothing
magical girl outfit = dragons

CorvoSol

The fact that Panne walks around without pants on at all just occurred to me. I know, I know, fur daisy dukes and all, but still. If this was all actually happening, she would be walking around without pants on, and NOBODY comments on it.

Then again, Chrom seems to be pretty freaking lax and chill about who he lets into his forces and what they do after that.

Who am I kidding? Guy married a woman he had JUST MET. He's probably as crazy as the rest of them. Exalt Emmeryn was clearly the moral backbone of the family, while party prince Chrom was out boozing it up with thieves and the what not.

I can see it now. "No, officer, I swear! This 13 year old girl is really a 1000 year old dragon!"

CorvoSol

Do you guys forget like, the game flashed out the image "2 YEARS LATER" or something?

Or were they married before the 2 YEARS LATER shenanigans? Hmmmm.

He had a baby in that time period. At the very most they were hitched within a year.

Just reclassed my whole party. Pretty sure I've screwed that up marvelously. Made Donny a Hero, Nowi a Sage, Panne an Assassin and Olivia a Swordmaster. I'm certain it's terrible, but I have like, fifty guys and I'm not gonna micromanage my team's stats like that.

Which reminds me: does it really matter, then, when I recruit the chilluns?

Well, technically the more you wait to recruit them, the better their stats will be. If, and only if you keep using the parents of said children that is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just reclassed my whole party. Pretty sure I've screwed that up marvelously. Made Donny a Hero, Nowi a Sage, Panne an Assassin and Olivia a Swordmaster. I'm certain it's terrible, but I have like, fifty guys and I'm not gonna micromanage my team's stats like that.

Which reminds me: does it really matter, then, when I recruit the chilluns?

Donny a hero and Olivia swordmaster is not bad.

As for the chilluns, well their base stat (not caps*) depend on the stat of their mum and dad, so considering the fact that the more you level up the less xp you get, by waiting until mum and dad are thoroughly trained you raise their chance to arrive at the stat caps very considerably.

*not caps meaning it doesn't matter when you marry a and b, c will always have the same stat caps. However, if you marry a and e, then c may have different stat caps.

CorvoSol

I don't expect to use Nowi or Panne very often, should I just collect Nah and Yarne, then? Characters won't seem very useful to me if I never, you know, see them.

Moonlight

Banned
Might as well. I liked collecting all the kids, and you'll want them around anyways for the support log. Besides, Yarne and Nah have really cool maps.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't expect to use Nowi or Panne very often, should I just collect Nah and Yarne, then? Characters won't seem very useful to me if I never, you know, see them.

Panne is actually one of the best characters in terms of growths and stat caps (especially strength although IIRC Cherche eclipses her on that)....but hmmm, if you don't like her you don't like her I suppose.

Nah and Yarne's recruitment maps are the most battle intense of all children characters. Even if you don't plan on using them, playing those maps can be really fun.

CorvoSol

Panne is actually one of the best characters in terms of growths and stat caps (especially strength although IIRC Cherche eclipses her on that)....but hmmm, if you don't like her you don't like her I suppose.

Nah and Yarne's recruitment maps are the most battle intense of all children characters. Even if you don't plan on using them, playing those maps can be really fun.

It's not that I don't like Panne, I just have like, 40 characters. She can't be used all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom