• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
I mean, what level is it that you fight the final boss and don't return from when you start? I know it kicks you back to before the boss but idgaf about that.

Moonlight

Banned
It'll do everything short of lighting it up in neon. It's technically chapter 26, and you'll be able to tell it's the point of no return because it's literally titled Endgame.

Happy birthday Maribelle, your supports with Olivia are hilariously amazing.

It'll do everything short of lighting it up in neon. It's technically chapter 26, and you'll be able to tell it's the point of no return because it's literally titled Endgame.
It actually does light up in neon too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I mean, what level is it that you fight the final boss and don't return from when you start? I know it kicks you back to before the boss but idgaf about that.

If you've downloaded the extra spotpass levels, they're turn on and become available just before you hit that level.

Soulhouf

I don't have other choice I guess.
Will that not tarnish my stats at the ending?
I guess I have to be more careful next time when I accept new units... Since now the game's structure is more like Tactics Ogre, they could at least allow you to dismiss units from the menu. I don't want them dead, I only want to free space in my party. That's stupid.

I don't have other choice I guess.
Will that not tarnish my stats at the ending?
I guess I have to be more careful next time when I accept new units... Since now the game's structure is more like Tactics Ogre, they could at least allow you to dismiss units from the menu. I don't want them dead, I only want to free space in my party. That's stupid.

I don't quite understand. Why would you want to free up space?

Are you talking about the legeacy characters you get from SpotPass?

Either way, there's no benefit I can see in making your party smaller on purpose. If you don't want to use a character, just ignore them and don't field them in battle. You never know, there might be a time when you'd like to use a certain character (or must use them, even).

Chrom

Oh, keep in mind that you're only allowed to have 20 of those characters at once per file. Getting any more forces you to dismiss one member of your choice to make room for the new one. If there's a character that you don't particularly want to have in your party anymore for whatever reason, you could also just hire more people so that you can kick them out.

This would be the only way to completely remove characters from your party on Casual/Newcomer.

Edit: Also, deaths don't really matter for the end of the game aside from the story characters.

Soulhouf

I don't quite understand. Why would you want to free up space?

Are you talking about the legeacy characters you get from SpotPass?

Either way, there's no benefit I can see in making your party smaller on purpose. If you don't want to use a character, just ignore them and don't field them in battle. You never know, there might be a time when you'd like to use a certain character (or must use them, even).
I don't like to have useless characters or more characters than I need. I just sent them to die on a risen battle but I got a gameover because I forgot that at least one has to survive.
FUCK

This is another huge argument why Seisen no Keifu is so superior.

I don't like to have useless characters or more characters than I need. I just sent them to die on a risen battle but I got a gameover because I forgot that at least one has to survive.
FUCK

This is another huge argument why Seisen no Keifu is so superior.

You are making it sound like EVERYBODY is useful in FE4.

ffdgh

So I'm getting the golden pack for engame purposes. It gives alot of money and exp as it says right?

Infinite regalia is gonna be fun. :D

So I'm getting the golden pack for engame purposes. It gives alot of money and exp as it says right?

The unlimited legendary weapons is great once you are strong enough for it.

The exp one isn't so great as you can gain more by reeking box spamming or SpotPass killing stuff for one character, but it is decent for bringing characters you haven't used up to speed. Not so useful when you have reclassed multiple times and hitting that internal level cap.

The gold one is pretty good.

ffdgh

Reeking boxes aren't an option like on my easy file (lol 4800 gold) so this should help alot....especially if i'm crazy enough to attempt lunatic XD.

Oh and skill grinding.

Reeking boxes aren't an option like on my easy file (lol 4800 gold) so this should help alot....especially if i'm crazy enough to attempt lunatic XD.

Oh and skill grinding.

SpotPass battles still work on Hard Mode.

On Lunatic, DLC would be your best choice for grinding though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

You'll still want Paragon even with exponential growth. With that (and especially on your avatar and his/her kids stacking Veteran) it's a useful map for a while as long as you used ranged weapons and focus on the level 30 enemies.

And with Golden Gaffe money becomes a total non-issue since you can get 50000+ in one run through that map, and depending on how the enemies spawn you could get nearly 100000. Doubly so once you get the silver card.

Also, any magic class with staves = rescue grinding. Add paragon (and veteran if applicable) and you'll fly through levels even after multiple reclasses.

Gvaz

Banned
What is the limit to spotpass/streetpass characters you can have?

Do I fuck something up by recruiting too many of these Old Fire Emblem characters?

Gvaz

Banned
Apparently you can only have a max of 20 dlc characters at any one time, and when you reach the cap the game is like Yo, replace one of them?

Busaiku

Yeah, whichever characters you want to reclass do get the penalty for changing, but in the mean time you can start hitting a lot of the caps, since they level faster.
Obviously it's not ideal if you only need like 2 or 3 points.

Gvaz

Banned
So Maribelle just got galeforce and lancefaire, and I have no idea what to spec her in. Grind the bride map a bit and change her to bride? Can they even use lances?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Brides can use lances, bows, and staves.

She makes a good sage/valkyrie (sage is better unless you want higher movement), but that's about it since her strength is really bad. Maybe dark flier, but don't expect a whole lot out of lances.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you can buy those somewhere, so that should work pretty well. I think I only ever got one of those on my first playthrough and one recently on my second.

I'd still go with Tomefaire over Lancefaire with her though, unless you have space for both. I'd go with Lifetaker over Renewal on a strong mage like her with Galeforce since you can probably get 2 kills per turn fairly often. Might be able to fit both -faire skills until you slap Limit Break on her, since she doesn't have much else except Dual Support+.

And one thing about Maribelle is that she has the second best resistance growth in the game (after Tiki), but that comes at the cost of having the worst defense growth. So that's something to factor in too, she's going to struggle to cap defense unless you grind a ton with that 15-20% growth rate.

Gvaz

Banned
Well right now Maribelle has galeforce, lancefaire, dual support+, rally movement, rally speed. (not equipped: res +2, demoiselle, rally resist)

When I get around to having better characters who aren't Chrom + Avatar (who paired together, with panne and miriel paired together back to back pretty much solo'd all of Prologue 19 like a BOSS when everyone else was getting massacred.) I'll do that level for limit break, get tomefaire, then respec her to bride or something

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the eshop used exact money >_>. Got 5 bucks left so paragon is as good as gotten....anything else?

Depends on what you want right now.

Champions of Yore 3 is a decent low-mid level grinding map and gives All Stats +2, which is a decent filler skill, especially at lower levels.
Lost Bloodlines 2 gives you Dread Scrolls for Dread Fighter.
Smash Brethren 2 gives you Bouquets for the Bride class.
Rogues and Redeemers 3 gives you Limit Break to raise your stat caps by 10.

And that's also in order of difficulty.

I always thought I'd be too dumb to figure out strategy RPGs, or that they may be boring. But after having a blast with the demo, I'm definitely picking this up after my exams at the end of the month. I have some questions though:

How accessible is this game for someone like me who hasn't played a FE game before...let alone a strategy RPG?

How long does the game take to beat?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How accessible is this game for someone like me who hasn't played a FE game before...let alone a strategy RPG?

How long does the game take to beat?

Accessibility shouldn't be a problem. Once you get the hang of it you might find normal mode too easy. And there aren't any meaningful connections with the stories in other games (not that you should play this for the story anyway).

And how long it takes just depends on the amount of side content you do. You could just play the main chapters and get to the end in 20-25 hours maybe? Doing all the base-game side content (paralogues, all the risen skirmishes on the map, spotpass battles) could see that double though, then DLC on top of that could more than quadruple it easily.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am disappointed by the fact that the legendary weapons cannot be forged. This alone means for me that stuff like forged Katarina's Bolt >>> Mjolnir (dat critical attack value, my Sorcerer Noire pulled it off almost every encounter with probability hovers around 40 to 60% all the time) or forged Innes' Bow/Brave Bow >>> Nidhogg or Astra.

Which makes, in my opinion, Infinite Regalia rather useless except just for getting Silver Card.

Gvaz

Banned
Forging is shitty anyways, you can only reforge two reforged items, and they have to be exactly the same kind of forging.

Forging would be more useful if it doubled item usage and any normal non-forged variants let you restock them.

Also unique weapons like SOL that have usages instead of being like falchion with infinite means I'll never ever use them and instead stick to silver weapons which I can just buy a shitton of.

Draxal

I am disappointed by the fact that the legendary weapons cannot be forged. This alone means for me that stuff like forged Katarina's Bolt >>> Mjolnir (dat critical attack value, my Sorcerer Noire pulled it off almost every encounter with probability hovers around 40 to 60% all the time) or forged Innes' Bow/Brave Bow >>> Nidhogg or Astra.

Which makes, in my opinion, Infinite Regalia rather useless except just for getting Silver Card.

Ragnell/Amatsus are pretty good.

backlot

Forging is shitty anyways, you can only reforge two reforged items, and they have to be exactly the same kind of forging.

Forging would be more useful if it doubled item usage and any normal non-forged variants let you restock them.

Also unique weapons like SOL that have usages instead of being like falchion with infinite means I'll never ever use them and instead stick to silver weapons which I can just buy a shitton of.

What? I don't get what you're saying. Forging can be pretty great though. Get a few guys with Armsthrift and you won't have to worry about running out of uses.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Nope, sorry. Katarina's Bolt, for example, has a base crit of 30, if my memory serves me. Forge that, and throw it into someone with an Armsthrift (in my case, Sorcerer's Noire), and it is a lot more powerful than Mjolnir (well, lower Mt but you can't beat consistent 40-60% criticals on EVERY enemy in Rogue and Redeemer 3 map). 160 to 180 damage all the time baby (even folks activating Aegis still gets one-shotted most of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom