• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok the money dlc is worth it. just played it to read all the characrer reactions and i'm already at 300k o_O.

It's 75k one time. Pretty much essential for a forging maniac like me.

This and EXPonential are my go-to-maps, the latter especially not only for exp but also for quick support collection purposes.

Welp, the Activity Log states that I have reached 204 hours playing this. This game consumes wayyyyy too much of my time, life, and soul.

Gvaz

Banned
To restock forged items, they have to be exactly the same from what I've noticed.

Rare limited use weapons mean you either have to have armsthrift (probably taking up a valuable skillslot) or use a lot of expensive also rare restock rods. Not worth it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Implying that money is an issue with DLC. Forged weapon with Armsthrift is totally worth it.

ronito

Made it to the final fight. Getting my butt kicked.
I'm trying to rush the boss but that just leaves the rest of my team exposed.
Any tips?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Any tips?

Actually... rushing the boss is the right thing to do--well, after eliminating some enemies here and there--since it is the only map in the whole game where enemy reinforcements are endless.

ffdgh

If you have a sage/falcon knight or two with high magic and galeforce, you could kill an enemy, move some more and rescuse another sage/falcon knight so they can rescuse a paired up chrom/lucina to ko the boss since their double Falchions will probably do him in on one turn lol.

If that isn't an option, I hope you got some good supports.

NeonZ

Any tips?

If your final chapter team is anything like my first team, which was in a similar situation when I tried rushing in, then attempt to initially take out the nearby troops and the reinforcements, and only advance when there aren't as many around (only one or two groups of reinforcements and the main guys next to Grima). Basically take out more troops than the number that spawns each turn. At that point, advance towards Grima, wait for reinforcements to pop up right next to Grimma and then finally advance the next turn, taking out those reinforcements and nearby troops while staying out of Grima's range The troops standing right next to Grima, inside his range, apparently don't move from there. The next few reinforcements shouldn't appear close enough to attack your party in one turn. After taking people out of Grimma's range, take out one of the enemies in his range and then rush towards him with your strongest units. Concentrate on Grimma and try to take him out quickly in that one turn.

Anteo

Any tips?

Take out the enemies around the starting area, after doing that, split in 3 groups and send your main units against the boss and the other to groups to the sides to deal with the healers. You should finish the boss really fast with Chrom + Lucina

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I hope not because my gaming/other funds are kinda low until summer is over =P

Release around the end of the year plz

CorvoSol

So uh, I actually have almost never used Frederick and now (Ch. 16) He kinda is getting eaten alive. Any tips? Just grind somewhere first?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So uh, I actually have almost never used Frederick and now (Ch. 16) He kinda is getting eaten alive. Any tips? Just grind somewhere first?

Why would you start using him now if you almost never used him in the first place?

Kind of disappointed that Limit Break doesn't immediately add +10 to all stat like the allstat+2 skill. But this means more grinding!

Also, Bride's skills seem kind of... useless, aren't they...? Do the Rally Love skill stacks with other Rally skills?

And while I am at it, how to build Morgan as Rally Bot? Effective setup for end-game DLCs?

Pretty much. He has good growths that are comparable with the rest of your team just terrible base stats. He just needs some level ups to make up for that.

CorvoSol

Why would you start using him now if you almost never used him in the first place?

Kind of disappointed that Limit Break doesn't immediately add +10 to all stat like the allstat+2 skill. But this means more grinding!

Also, Bride's skills seem kind of... useless, aren't they...? Do the Rally Love skill stacks with other Rally skills?

And while I am at it, how to build Morgan as Rally Bot? Effective setup for end-game DLCs?

He was already an L2 class, so I chose to ignore him until my party hit that same level of classes. Besides, I use everybody. Maybe not in story missions all the time, but yeah. Also he got married, so don't I need to build him up or something so his kid has worthwhile whatevermacallits?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He was already an L2 class, so I chose to ignore him until my party hit that same level of classes. Besides, I use everybody. Maybe not in story missions all the time, but yeah. Also he got married, so don't I need to build him up or something so his kid has worthwhile whatevermacallits?

Hmm, who did you married him to?

To clarify, whether you levels him or not does not impact stat caps of the kid, IIRC, but it does impact starting stat of the kid, which will make him/her reach stat caps easier/harder.

The parent's current stats passing down is only just to save you some time in grinding as the kid would probably earn them soon enough anyway. Same for the skills unless it's a gender locked skill.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Luna at level 5 is a good skill to pass down so his kid doesn't have to go through Great Knight. Depends on who he married though.

Yes, rally skills all stack as long as they are different skills, so strength + strength won't stack, but strength+spectrum+heart will mean you get a +10 strength boost.

CorvoSol

Hmm, who did you married him to?

To clarify, whether you levels him or not does not impact stat caps of the kid, IIRC, but it does impact starting stat of the kid, which will make him/her reach stat caps easier/harder.

I wed him to Sumia, because I think Fred's a cool guy and I needed Sumia out of the way for Chrom to wed Olivia.

So, just for the sake of clarification, the only benefit of grinding parents is saving time grinding kids?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wed him to Sumia, because I think Fred's a cool guy and I needed Sumia out of the way for Chrom to wed Olivia.

So, just for the sake of clarification, the only benefit of grinding parents is saving time grinding kids?

Unless there is a gender or special class exclusive skill you want to pass down, yes.

Rally bot morgan is best as a female Morgan with at least

Rally spectrum
Rally love

From here you can either throw on 2-3 more rallies of your choice or a few survival skills like the bride class healing skill or something like aegis.

ffdgh

Dread fighter....is so amazing. :O
Chrom with that res+10 and exalted falchion <3.
Ugh I'm being enraptured by all this DLC....I want more now...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I made Chrom a Dread Fighter this morning too, he's been through Lord, Great Lord, Paladin, and Great Knight. Don't care about the archer classes, so what the heck.

The tome aspect is kind of wasted on him though since his magic is abysmal. 10% magic growth in every other class, I wonder what his Dread Fighter growth for it is, since he's gotten three levels in magic since reclassing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
When do you guys decide to do the missions involving the children? The only child mission I have right now is ChromxSumia, but I'm resisting doing it because I heard their stats are determined by the parents stats, and they can inherit a skill from their parents. I'd almost feel like not getting the children until like the end of the game lol.

Edit: Oh you guys were just talking about it. Can all characters reach the caps of a stat, like is there a max?

ffdgh

If the dlc is already on the cart, there will be rage lol.

I start the grinding cycle for ALL the kids (chapter 12 for Lucina) at chapter 17 oh my normal and hard file.

Trojita

To be honest this DLC fucking sucks. It is lazy as shit. I got the pack that has Lief in it. The battles are uninspired, the "unique" character you get from the battle doesn't even look different, and he doesn't even fucking say anything even when he levels up except ".....!".

It's horse armor.

Soulhouf

To be honest this DLC fucking sucks. It is lazy as shit. I got the pack that has Lief in it. The battles are uninspired, the "unique" character you get from the battle doesn't even look different, and he doesn't even fucking say anything even when he levels up except ".....!".

It's horse armor.

I agree, it's very lazy and almost an empty shell. Nothing is done to glorify the important characters and mixing characters from different games is stupid.
But, BUT the nostalgia got me and only seeing these maps and hearing that music made me happy :'(

Trojita

I agree, it's very lazy and almost an empty shell. Nothing is done to glorify the important characters and mixing characters from different games is stupid.
But, BUT the nostalgia got me and only seeing these maps and hearing that music made me happy :'(

It's like I'm paying for the guest artist.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
When do you guys decide to do the missions involving the children? The only child mission I have right now is ChromxSumia, but I'm resisting doing it because I heard their stats are determined by the parents stats, and they can inherit a skill from their parents. I'd almost feel like not getting the children until like the end of the game lol.

Edit: Oh you guys were just talking about it. Can all characters reach the caps of a stat, like is there a max?

The only things you get by waiting are better base stats. And possibly a better skill passed down from each parent, but that's up to you.

Max stats and growth rates are determined as soon as two characters S-rank.

All the inheritance details can be found here.

It's horse armor.

That one is, unless you really want Leif. I don't think I've seen anyone recommend that map.

The good ones are the ones that actually add something to the game like new skills or classes. That and the more challenging post-game DLC.

Draxal

That one is, unless you really want Leif. I don't think I've seen anyone recommend that map.

The good ones are the ones that actually add something to the game like new skills or classes. That and the more challenging post-game DLC.

Well to be fair the dlc still sucks, it's just the rewards are worth it. And yeah, Seisen prologue and map 1 songs make me very happy.

Nothing of value was lost.
lol

hehe. The fight on The Searoad went so amazingly well otherwise, I decided to soldier forth.

Also, Lon'qu + Panne might be the most hilariously adorable pairing ever.
"If we were to spend more time together, I would make you a cup every morning..."
"Are you implying what I think you are, human?"

:lol

ffdgh

Neat dread fighter gets the tactician model when the sd card is removed and becomes the "outrealm class" class. I guess the dlc really is dlc and tactician chrom is amusing to see.

Chrom

Neat dread fighter gets the tactician model when the sd card is removed and becomes the "outrealm class" class. I guess the dlc really is dlc and tactician chrom is amusing to see.

That happens with the DLC skills too, yeah. They turn into something called Outrealm Skill.

Tried the ending with
Chrom attacking Grima
for the first time yesterday.

That ending conversation with my family was way more heartwarming than anything that happened in the other one.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

It's horse armor.

Yeah, agreed on the character front, though as has been said, some do include some pretty useful skills.

If they do DLC characters in a similar style next game, they should really figure out a better way to portray them. Fill the battle quotes with some text from their game, at least. Them being totally mute in the main game is really, really depressing.

Nostalgia factor can only hold up for so long, as eventually, it comes down to "why use Lyn when she has no impact at all on the story, and has no further way for you to empathize with her character", especially when the really only unique 'defining feature' of the game is limited to the head, of which DLC characters just use avatar amalgamations.

I think that a distinct visual color scheme could have definitely helped here.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the spotpass characters not being unique is understandable. But the DLC characters should have had custom models for some classes.

But I guess that was never going to be reasonable considering the actual Awakening characters don't even get unique models for most classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom