• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Fix

Is there some place where I can learn about what you guys are talking about? I feel so intimidated reading this thread. WTF is a rally bot?

Also, how should I reclass characters? All I've done so far is reclass my Avatar because it got to level 20 (upgraded it to grandmaster). When is it a good time to use second seals? Most of my characters are now approaching level ~17.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Characters can learn Rally skills from certain classes and boost the stats for your units within a 3-tile radius until the start of your next turn. Rally bots have several Rally skills equipped like Spectrum (+4 to all), Rally Heart (+2 to all, + 1 move) and others (luck, str, magic). Using Rally ends that character's actions for that turn, so they can't attack. As far as I know, you can't have the same Rally stack (so 2 characters with Rally Spectrum will only end up in 1 working), but they do stack with other Rally types.

If you're skill hunting, use Second Seals at level 10. Long story short, the exp decay will be less harsh on you later on. General rule is: Second Seals at level 10, Master Seals at level 20.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/index.html

^ Everything you need to know should be there.

ohlawd

If you're skill hunting, use Second Seals at level 10. Long story short, the exp decay will be less harsh on you later on. General rule is: Second Seals at level 10, Master Seals at level 20.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/index.html

^ Everything you need to know should be there.

At lvl 20 for Master Seals? Maybe when they're fresh and they haven't reached most of their stat caps for the base classes. Should be lvl 10 otherwise.

Mr. Fix

At lvl 20 for Master Seals? Maybe when they're fresh and they haven't reached most of their stat caps for the base classes. Should be lvl 10 otherwise.

But the game treats a level 1 promoted unit as if it were a level 21 unit in terms of exp gain. Once it hits a certain threshold, they'll only be receiving 8 exp. It makes those 10 pre-promoted gains harder to get later on because of the decay.

ohlawd

But the game treats a level 1 promoted unit as if it were a level 21 unit in terms of exp gain. Once it hits a certain threshold, they'll only be receiving 8 exp. It makes those 10 pre-promoted gains harder to get later on because of the decay.

wait no I goofed.

At lvl 10 when their stat caps are reached, you should use a Master Seal if you want to promote or Second Seal when you want to get more base skills.

Did I just make things more confusing for other people? lols

CorvoSol

Had a wedding bonanza over the weekend in which I married off several characters. Question, can Priam marry anyone other than Female Avatar? Got the Cordelia x Avatar wedding. Not sure how I feel about the whole Javelin aspect of their relationship, and her "The thing is" before saying yes to the proposal was odd, but she DID pledge undying loyalty, so there's that. Plus, DAT CG SCENE.

Ricken and Nowi was okay, if somewhat odd for two kids. Panne x Gregor is the best relationship in the entire game, though. Stahl and Tharja was also sorta odd, but would make for a great romantic comedy.

Finished Smash Brethern 1. Geez, is it just me or is Roy's Army full of losers? Ike's Army literally trounced them to pieces as my army, composed of lower level units, labored furiously to patch up some stuff.

Think I'm gonna go with Libra x Miriel because I like the Priest and Scientist aspect of their relationship. Also because I was considering pairing her up with Henry and have since decided I cannot stand him at all and have thus dumped him in the forever alone bucket with Kellam.

Elincia still looks sorta dorky in her art, but I'm sure I'll find some use for her.

McNum

How many letters do you get to use for the Avatar's name? Been wondering what to call mine, if I should use my real name or make up one or something.

How many letters do you get to use for the Avatar's name? Been wondering what to call mine, if I should use my real name or make up one or something.

The limit's variable and depends on the number of letters and the width of them.

For reference you can fit "Robin Hood".

McNum

The limit's variable and depends on the number of letters and the width of them.

For reference you can fit "Robin Hood".
Oh that's a neat way to do it. So you have a pixel limit rather than a letter limit? Guess I'll have to spend a use of the demo to find out what names are a go and a no-go for this one, then. Was thinking of going with "Enrique".

Chrom

Oh that's a neat way to do it. So you have a pixel limit rather than a letter limit? Guess I'll have to spend a use of the demo to find out what names are a go and a no-go for this one, then. Was thinking of going with "Enrique".

That would fit.

Each character has its own space value that takes up the name space when inserted. I think the limit is fairly generous and allows for pretty much any name that isn't particularly lengthy.

BlackJace

Very interesting that two Risen hordes can occupy the same area on the map. It was fun fighting two armies with two commanders at the same damn time :)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
On the notion of the whole 'characters losing their identity' issue I've seen associated with the game, due to indiscriminate re-classing, does anyone think that keeping more of a visual identity aside from just the face would help, i.e. keeping a continuous color scheme, or some other solution?

I don't know if I feel that the re-classing feature is inherently bad, it's just that with most of the non-terrain related 'passive' skills like swordmaster 15% crit bonus gone or transferred into the new 'learned' skills that are not class specific, there's little reason to not make everyone who can go Sorcerer and use Nosferatu and bench most everyone who can't from a tactics point of view, or at least just simply push for the class with the best caps. (Admittedly, on normal or hard, people can and probably will just use their favorite characters.)

Maybe somehow separating out some of the active skills and returning them to passive class skills, or at least make some active skills locked to a class?

It still has the same issue of multiple identities for a character, but at least then everyone has a clear set of pluses/minuses to take with class-restricted bonuses, which helps push away from homogeneity of class/skill selection at end-game.

What level should my dudes be if I want to do Infinite Regalia?

Pretty high, probably after 1-2 promoted tier second seals. There's 36 of them, 4-5 in a room, and they're not pushovers. (Though they're not on Rogues 3's level, dunno about 1 or 2 since I skipped 'em) In order to not get swarmed, you're gonna want some good end-game skills like Lifetaker and Galeforce.

So I just bought Awakening yesterday (playing on Hard), and the first paralogue opened up. I never finished Sacred Stones because of the ability to abuse the arena to overlevel and remove any challenge, so I'm wary of side content that will let me grind and make the main campaign a cakewalk. At the same time, I don't want to miss out on fun content or missions that will leave my characters too weak. Does anyone have any advice on how much side/bonus content I can play along the way without making things too easy?

If you don't want to grind just don't get into fights with risen/spotpass characters on the map or play the DLC, the paralogues are pretty much the equivalent of the other games' ____X side chapters and pretty much necessary to recruit many of the characters.

Anteo

So I just bought Awakening yesterday (playing on Hard), and the first paralogue opened up. I never finished Sacred Stones because of the ability to abuse the arena to overlevel and remove any challenge, so I'm wary of side content that will let me grind and make the main campaign a cakewalk. At the same time, I don't want to miss out on fun content or missions that will leave my characters too weak. Does anyone have any advice on how much side/bonus content I can play along the way without making things too easy?

What I did for my no grind run was: Play the paralogues as they apperar. Avoid Random battles on the map/DLC battles and you should be good. I made a extra rule, Kid Paralogues are allowed (you can trigger them to appear when you want) but grinding support for units (to unlock those paralogues) should not happen in random battles or dlc battles.

Metroidvania

Paralogues are good, they have some (usually limited, though a few are important) bearing on the story, and usually contain a new character. They also aren't repeatable.

If you don't want to overlevel, just don't abuse Risen challenges, or any DLC if you want to a certain DLC character/class.

edit: also, reposting for the new page.

On the notion of the whole 'characters losing their identity' issue I've seen associated with the game, due to indiscriminate re-classing, does anyone think that keeping more of a visual identity aside from just the face would help, i.e. keeping a continuous color scheme, or some other solution?

I don't know if I feel that the re-classing feature is inherently bad, it's just that with most of the non-terrain related 'passive' skills like swordmaster 15% crit bonus gone or transferred into the new 'learned' skills that are not class specific, there's little reason to not make everyone who can go Sorcerer and use Nosferatu and bench most everyone who can't from a tactics point of view, or at least just simply push for the class with the best caps. (Admittedly, on normal or hard, people can and probably will just use their favorite characters.)

Maybe somehow separating out some of the active skills and returning them to passive class skills, or at least make some active skills locked to a class?

It still has the same issue of multiple identities for a character, but at least then everyone has a clear set of pluses/minuses to take with class-restricted bonuses, which helps push away from homogeneity of class/skill selection at end-game.

Anteo

Paralogues are good, they have some (usually limited, though a few are important) bearing on the story, and usually contain a new character. They also aren't repeatable.

If you don't want to overlevel, just don't abuse Risen challenges, or any DLC if you want to a certain DLC character/class.

edit: also, reposting for the new page.

Yeah I was thinking about that the other day, I though maybe a Character should have a skill that is locked to the current class(Canto would be a good candidate), and 4 other skils that you can get from any class.

Gvaz

Banned
Lol there's no way I'm doing inf regalia right now, this shit is absurd. My dudes have stats in the 30s and they just get massacred.

Busaiku

Rogues & Redeemers 3 wasn't too bad.
Though that's more due to the fact that I used stuff other than Bronze weapons at last...

Still, doing that another 30 or so more times...

Lol there's no way I'm doing inf regalia right now, this shit is absurd. My dudes have stats in the 30s and they just get massacred.

Yeah, even in normal, if you're not careful, even characters that tore through the main game can get into quite some trouble.

Metroidvania

Well, you can always use the zombie map/risen spawns to get people closer in level, or wait out the Anna spawns in order to get perma-boost items using the money DLC.

If it makes a difference, you really don't need any of the Regalia unless you're doing later DLC content. Also, if you have enough skill/speed, Brave Weapons can be better in a lot of situations, as if you're at max stats, the difference the regalia give is roughly equal to or less than the added chances for Dual Strikes that the brave weps give.

Still, doing that another 30 or so more times...

Yeah, I think I'm gonna just end up pairing up Morgan and Noire w/ limit break and just 2 man the map with armsthrift+Nosferatu+Vantage and just auto-battle it out.

ohlawd

Infinite Regalia's objective is to kill the commander so really, you don't have to go ballistic and destroy everyone else. But the main point of the map is to farm the 3 chests.

But for now, you should just try to kill the boss to get the Silver Card (half off at shops, snap son I go shoppin')

backlot

Yeah, I think I'm gonna just end up pairing up Morgan and Noire w/ limit break and just 2 man the map with armsthrift+Nosferatu+Vantage.

I tried doing that with just Nowi and Nah but that level requires you bring Chrom. I had to bring a few more units in to protect him because there's no safe place to put Chrom once the enemies start moving in on all sides.

Metroidvania

I tried doing that with just Nowi and Nah but that level requires you bring Chrom. I had to bring a few more units in to protect him because there's no safe place to put Chrom once the enemies start moving in on all sides.

Crap.

I guess I can do the same setup with my Avatar and just have him do the same nosferatu tanking while Chrom is tucked away safely.

Chrom

What is limit break, and how does one get it?

Limit Break is a skill that, upon being equipped, boosts the caps of all of a unit's stats (except HP) by 10. You can get the Limit Break manual that teaches the skill by completing the DLC episode Rogues & Redeemers 3.

Gvaz

Banned
I'd like it if limit break was like +20 in that case then <_<

Most of my dudes are capped in base classes and I have to stay stuck in certain classes or use other dudes

ohlawd

I kinda like seeing the stats go up again lol.

Also, Saten-san <3

Me too. Then we have characters with shit growths like Panne's magic and I like seeing everyone all capped out so.....

yes my true waifu Ruiko <3
Unbeknownst to everyone else but me, she actually has a power: ultra mega sexiness. Yessir that's her power <3

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say folks, does Armsthrift works for staffs? Because if it does, then man... unlimited Psychic or Hammerne Staff (this one especially) will be... very wonderful.

Also, can a Manakete perform Astra attacks?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Me too. Then we have characters with shit growths like Panne's magic and I like seeing everyone all capped out so.....

yes my true waifu Ruiko <3
Unbeknownst to everyone else but me, she actually has a power: ultra mega sexiness. Yessir that's her power <3

Dat need to cap everyone. My Severa only needs to cap her resistance now and she just won't get it ;_;

That is the true ultimate power <3

Say folks, does Armsthrift works for staffs? Because if it does, then man... unlimited Psychic or Hammerne Staff (this one especially) will be... very wonderful.

Also, can a Manakete perform Astra attacks?

Armsthrift does not work on staffs. Nah should be able to get Astra depending on the father. Don't think Tiki and Nowi can get it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Armsthrift does not work on staffs. Nah should be able to get Astra depending on the father. Don't think Tiki and Nowi can get it.

Hmmmm I see, well figures as much about Armsthrift. That means Gregor will go for Sully then just so Kjelle can get Armsthrift.

I know Nah can get Astra, what I meant to ask with can it activates with her in her Manakate form?

ohlawd

Dat need to cap everyone. My Severa only needs to cap her resistance now and she just won't get it ;_;

That is the true ultimate power <3

I have Kjelle and Severa all capped out again with Limit Breaker and as a Bride. Feels good man. 28~ females more to go.

Hmmmm I see, well figures as much about Armsthrift. That means Gregor will go for Sully then just so Kjelle can get Armsthrift.

I know Nah can get Astra, what I meant to ask with can it activates with her in her Manakate form?
Poor Kjelle. No Galeforce if Gregor is the dad :(

It definitely works. I have a Spotpass Manakete Tiki with Astra, Galeforce and a bunch of other goodness.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Stats of some of the children that I have finished training, for all intents and purposes. I don't know if it's good enough to start trying getting Limit Breaker or farming Infinite Regalia, but hmm, here we go (bold indicates capped):

Lucina/Great Lord Lv 10
Str 42, Mag 14, Skill 45, Spd 47, Lck 47, Def 35, Res 25.

Cynthia/Falcon Knight Lv 11
Str 38, Mag 27, Skill 50, Spd 48, Lck 44, Def 33, Res 41.

Inigo/Assassin Lv 12
Str 42, Mag 15, Skill 51. Spd 49. Lck 47, Def 30, Res 26

Severa/Hero Lv 14
Str 46, Mag 13, Skill 51, Spd 43, Lck 45, Def 43. Res 31

Still working on Nah, Noire, and Yarne. Haven't trained Gerome and Owain yet, and still haven't gotten Laurent.

Poor Kjelle. No Galeforce if Gregor is the dad :(

Well, the reason being since I get Donny with Tharja and Gaius with Nowi so Noire and Nah can get Galeforce (plus Armsthrift for Sorcerer Noire)

ffdgh

I know Aversa is supposed to be very sexualised but I'm a bit surprised they went the extra mile and gave her dark flier character model breast physics lol.

Busaiku

Rogues & Redeemers 3 isn't that hard a map really.
It's just annoying cause you have to keep doing it over and over, and it's longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom