• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Is the audio bug fixed in EU version at least? I would totally trade pixel art for that to be fixed =P

neoemonk

My no reset hard/classic run is hilarious. I love reading this thread because people are talking about their favorite characters and I'm just like, they're dead.

When I finish hard I'm going to do a lunatic run that I will reset on when people die. I started already just for fun. It took me about five or six tries to make it past the prologue. At that point it almost seems like a puzzle game to me.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My no reset hard/classic run is hilarious. I love reading this thread because people are talking about their favorite characters and I'm just like, they're dead.

When I finish hard I'm going to do a lunatic run that I will reset on when people die. I started already just for fun. It took me about five or six tries to make it past the prologue. At that point it almost seems like a puzzle game to me.

I want to do a hard classic no save, no grind run.

It's funny because I would have lost on the prologue if I did that on my current playthrough. Damn critical from the boss.

pariah164

Apparently, (haven't tested this myself), if you switch to Japanese voices, then close the 3DS for Sleep Mode, the voices will go back to English when you open it again.

AMURRICA, F*CK YEAH.

In all seriousness, I actually liked the English voices, so I never changed it to Japanese. Strange bug though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I like the English voices too, but Severa is sooooo much better in Japanese imo. She's the main reason I want it fixed.

Slermy

Apparently, (haven't tested this myself), if you switch to Japanese voices, then close the 3DS for Sleep Mode, the voices will go back to English when you open it again.

It's not just going into sleep mode. My voices reset whenever the software is reset (turning the 3DS on and booting the game or doing a soft reset with L+R+Start). It's annoying as hell.

ffdgh

Hmm I've yet to try the jp voices since the english voices are so good.

Since I have the golden pack, Would that make lunatic..and possibly + more manageable because I wasn't going to attempt them otherwise.
KuGsj.gif

I'm doing this too, and it's pretty fun/nerve-wracking. So far only Virion and Maribelle have bit the dust, but I'm expecting the corpses to start piling up soon.

Gvaz

Banned

I'm bummed that the voices aren't in japanese during conversations, but are japanese in cutscenes.

McNum

EU stream mention nothing about free first pack DLC shame but they know we'll buy it =/
Yes it did. Champions of Yore 1 is free for a limited time, and we get map packs like in the US.

For comparison, the price, before the CoY1 discount for the first pack is €4.99. What does it cost in the US? Just to compare prices.

Yes it did. Champions of Yore 1 is free for a limited time, and we get map packs like in the US.

For comparison, the price, before the CoY1 discount for the first pack is €4.99. What does it cost in the US? Just to compare prices.

You sure? All I saw was that the DLC packs on there saying £1.49 per map all 3 = £4.49 and no mention of the first pack.

Lusankya

EU stream mention nothing about free first pack DLC shame but they know we'll buy it =/

Of course they mentioned it.

It was 1.99€ (=2.61$) per map and 4.99€ (=6.55$) for the pack. 3.49€ (=4.58$) during the first month, when the first map is free.

Good prices, usually they just swap the $ symbol with the € symbol.

Edit: US prices vary, but it was 2.50$ per CoY map and 6$ for the pack. 4$ for the pack during the time CoY1 was free.

Robin64

I set the language to Japanese and closed the 3DS in various places including during a cutscene and during battle and the language stayed as Japanese the whole time. EU copy fixed, it seems.

Stayed Japanese after a reset, too.

NeonZ

I set the language to Japanese and closed the 3DS in various places including during a cutscene and during battle and the language stayed as Japanese the whole time. EU copy fixed, it seems.

Stayed Japanese after a reset, too.

Hm... I wonder if they fixed the streetpass glitch too? In the American version, if you set any legacy characters as part of your streetpass team it doesn't seem to register for other players.

I'm bummed that the voices aren't in japanese during conversations, but are japanese in cutscenes.

That is the glitch.

Go to the options screen, change them to English, and afterwards set them back to Japanese, you'll get Japanese voices (eh, grunts...) in the conversations. However, if you use sleepmode or reset the game, you'll go back to Japanese voices only in cutscenes.

Hm... I wonder if they fixed the streetpass glitch too? In the American version, if you set any legacy characters as part of your streetpass team it doesn't seem to register for other players.

I can probably test that glitch on Friday.

Although, it's entirely possible somebody will beat me to it : P

neoemonk

I'm doing this too, and it's pretty fun/nerve-wracking. So far only Virion and Maribelle have bit the dust, but I'm expecting the corpses to start piling up soon.

I'm considering posting a list of all my deaths/locations when I finish the game but I'm afraid people will laugh at how terrible I am.

I might do it anyway though.

I've supplemented with bonus characters and grinding so I don't really lose people any longer unless they are new, but my death toll is high. I'm routinely below the max allowed character limit.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Emblem up to 240k American so far.

Here's to hoping they can justify localizing FE4-6 for the WiiU VC. They did that for some Wii VC games, but not text-heavy ones (I only recall SMB2 and Sin and Punishment). Of course it will never happen, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

Chrom

Here's to hoping they can justify localizing FE4-6 for the WiiU VC. They did that for some Wii VC games, but not text-heavy ones (I only recall SMB2 and Sin and Punishment). Of course it will never happen, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

There was also Monster World IV from Sega, which came out of nowhere.

I'm considering posting a list of all my deaths/locations when I finish the game but I'm afraid people will laugh at how terrible I am.

I might do it anyway though.

I've supplemented with bonus characters and grinding so I don't really lose people any longer unless they are new, but my death toll is high. I'm routinely below the max allowed character limit.
That's a good idea. I should start keeping track of who/where/why.

I'm gonna try to avoid grinding/bonus characters if I can help it, but this is my second playthrough so I've already got an advantage.

Javier

Looks like getting the English Fire Emblem stationary replaces the Japanese one in the Swapnote library. I certainly don't have access to the old one anymore.

Soulhouf

I like the English voices too, but Severa is sooooo much better in Japanese imo. She's the main reason I want it fixed.

I'm actually very surprised that YOU like the English voices XD What a disappointment...

I tried English at the beginning, switched to Japanese and never came back. Now every time the game boots with English voices, it sounds completely wrong.

zroid

Banned
Looks like getting the English Fire Emblem stationary replaces the Japanese one in the Swapnote library. I certainly don't have access to the old one anymore.

yeah the same thing happened the other times we got stationery with regional variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom