• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

pariah164

Oh, okay. When I saw the level of the character I had to kill to recruit, I thought I should let it go for a while. lol

The one thing that is throwing me off is the menu-hell. I get lost in all the stats, shops, items, etc. I always manage to buy something I already have and don't need and then I never have enough money to buy what I need.

There's a DLC map for that! Once you buy it and beat it once or twice, you will never need money ever again. (Also, if you ever win a Bullion, don't forget to sell it!) It can be a bit overwhelming for people not used to SRPGs (like me), but once you start doing and learning, you will get the hang of it.

I really need to start planning my kids for my second playthrough...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Haha, pretty cool the characters greet you "Happy Birthday" in the Barracks on your Birthday. :D

Aww, she remembered. :3

Daww, happy birthday man. Hopefully I'm still playing the game in November so I can see it myself =x

Two. Sometimes my paired up partner will attack with me, sometimes not, which completely changes how a fight can go. Can I control this in any way or is it random?

Just before attacking an enemy you can see the chance of a dual strike occurring. It's under the character's name, represented by a sword icon with a percentage next to it. It goes up the higher the support rank between the two characters is or if either of them has the Dual Strike+ skill (Chrom). There's also a shield icon next to it that shows the chance for the support character blocking the enemy's attack.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I somehow got a spotpass character and didn't go anywhere to get one. I had taken the system during a ride to my parents and back, and that was about it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's ok, it's not like she would want you to celebrate her birthday anyway, baka!

i-i-it's not l-like I was w-w-waiting for you to come greet me! I wasn't lonely or a-a-anything like that!

5wT9dxF.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Owain is nice personality wise, but the fact that he is Lissa's kid screw him over as Lissa is a potent Magic-based character while he is not.

He is the only kid with real disconnect like that, while others inherit stats that suit their typical uses.

Busaiku

I used to think guarding all 5 Astra hits was more amazing.
But then ascertained that if you guard the 1st Astra hit, you guard them all.

Owain is nice personality wise, but the fact that he is Lissa's kid screw him over as Lissa is a potent Magic-based character while he is not.

He is the only kid with real disconnect like that, while others inherit stats that suit their typical uses.

So Noire is suppose to be a dark magic using physical tank?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Owain can be an awesome War Monk as well, but he's being AWESOME as everything else.

Eeeh, I don't know. This may sound weird, but personality wise I think he is more fitting to physical based classes like Swordmasters and such. While it isn't that hard imagining Noire becoming Sorcerer like her mother, it is kind of hard to imagine Owain wielding staffs all over the place.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

Eeeh, I don't know. This may sound weird, but personality wise I think he is more fitting to physical based classes like Swordmasters and such. While it isn't that hard imagining Noire becoming Sorcerer like her mother, it is kind of hard to imagine Owain wielding staffs all over the place.

Eh, maybe it's just me.

War Monks smashes things with AXES.

Robin64

Woops, my Fire Emblem turned up! Only drawback is that I'm at work, but I finally get to dive into this tonight. I suppose all I can request on behalf on the EU lot is that people continue to mark stuff as spoilers, even things you might all consider to be common knowledge now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finally, later after ND I'll be able to pick up Fire Emblem.

Some small stores already have it here in Spain. I'm so thrilled.

Woops, my Fire Emblem turned up! Only drawback is that I'm at work, but I finally get to dive into this tonight. I suppose all I can request on behalf on the EU lot is that people continue to mark stuff as spoilers, even things you might all consider to be common knowledge now.

Enjoy EU folks!

I recommend you AVOID reading discussions in many previous pages like a plague!

A plague that I helped spread, I admit, I apologize; this is because I originally thought that when EU version is released there's gonna be a new OT (I swear I read this somewhere before in this thread...) But I'll be careful not to post potential spoilers from here on out.

If you have any questions, ask away! :)

I wish to express the joy of my PAL copy arriving, yet I cannot for i've already been buggered over by a 7% critical chance in chapter 3 and lost a unit, or is this deep down the feeling i've longed for? I'm hoping hard mode was the right choice to make even if I have played all the other FE games released over here since this isn't the most promising of starts for my units.

I didn't even have time to learn his name! Axe man/Teach/name beginning with V will live on in my heart, funny how the first two criticals i've seen in this game were delivered to me and not from me, what a twist, fortunately the second was a thrown hand axe on Frederick dealing a measly 6.

This is going to have a knock on effect, no longer will I fear just the killing Edge wielding swordmasters, everyone with an axe is now feared as a master of the critical arts.

m0t0k1

So salty went to town to look for this game but none are selling it yet even though they have them in store. Will call tomorrow again to see if they sell the game. This is my most anticipated game for the coming year so don't disappoint me Fire Emblem.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Everything about the western release(s) of this game is disappointing. Fortunately the game itself is not (except the story, but that's par for the course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom