• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrom

Huh, I never bothered to check, but it's not a surprise to hear that the new stationery replaces the original Japanese one. Happens with some others like Art Academy's and Crashmo's stationery.

Chrom

Is it even possible to fix the English/Japanese voices bug? I'm not knowledgeable on patching the 3DS and stuff.

A number of 3DS games have been patched before via the eShop, including Nintendo's own Mario Kart 7 and Style Savvy, so yes, I imagine that it is.

Hmm, I haven't received the new stationary yet. I don't know how long I've been waiting for, maybe only a couple of minutes?

Does anyone have any tips? Or should I just keep waiting?

I checked that I'm online from the Friends List and I also checked the "Send and Receive" option in Letter Box and it says I'm ready to go.

Chrom

In related news, FE4 was confirmed for Wii U VC!

Hmm, I haven't received the new stationary yet. I don't know how long I've been waiting for, maybe only a couple of minutes?

I checked that I'm online from the Friends List and I also checked the "Send and Receive" option in Letter Box and it says I'm ready to go.

Have you tried a manual search from within the app? There should be a delivery check button that allows you to do a hard check for incoming notes. That's what I usually do if I haven't automatically received the notes yet.

In related news, FE4 was confirmed for Wii U VC!

Have you tried a manual search from within the app? There should be a delivery check button that allows you to do a hard check for incoming notes. That's what I usually do if I haven't automatically received the notes yet.

Nice. FE4 joins FE3, which was recently added (and removed) from the Wii U VC. Plus FE1-5, which are available on the Wii VC and FE1/FE2 on the 3DS VC.

Which of course will never be released in English : P

Yeah, I tried that I think. I'll try again though ^^

Soulhouf

They should do like GungHo and put them in the NA VC import section.
I don't want to import the console to play these games again... :'(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd just like the opportunity to get to play them in general. 4 is reasonably cheap and I've contemplated picking up a copy on a few occasions.

But 5 and 6. Ugh. At this point I've basically settled with myself and realize I will never play them.

pariah164

I am one of the Fire Emblem newbs/wusses that played FE:A on Casual. FFTA pretty much forever scared me from premadeath. I saw Sacred Stones at the used game shop for $25 though.

I am one of the Fire Emblem newbs/wusses that played FE:A on Casual. FFTA pretty much forever scared me from premadeath. I saw Sacred Stones at the used game shop for $25 though.

Wait, there's permadeath in FFTA? Seriously? I've been playing that game and I had no idea. It's been a while, though... maybe I just instinctively reset whenever someone died.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Is the Special Notes Received option turned on in your settings? I remember when I was trying to get the North American note, I wasn't getting it, and that turned out to be the issue.

After my bout of bad luck in chapter 3 earlier i've held off continuing until now, so Chapter 4 here we go...
And on the enemy phase of the second turn My Unit just got blasted with a one hit kill critical arrow, 3% chance they said! THREE PERCENT!

I might have to quickly start again on normal at this rate, this is already getting a bit much, i've gone through entire playthroughs of other games in the series with better luck than these opening chapters!
Okay, I know the game specifically states that normal mode is for the newcomers now and Hard should be for the veterans yet is normal really too easy? I don't want a cakewalk i'd just like to not keep getting critical hits in the face.

I just beat the game. Great game. The story is nothing amazing, but it's worth paying attention to, I suppose. How can I keep using my same characters and finish up some of the side missions? The only save I have resumes the last battle, then I have to sit through the credits again.

Is the Special Notes Received option turned on in your settings? I remember when I was trying to get the North American note, I wasn't getting it, and that turned out to be the issue.

Yep, it's on. I received the Luigi's Mansion stationary and the Valentine's Day one a-okay.

Maybe I''ll try turning it off and back on.

If it doesn't work, could some generous person send it to me? I understand if I sound a bit impatient, but I'd like the stationary today so I can screenshot it for a news post ^^

Yep, it's on. I received the Luigi's Mansion stationary and the Valentine's Day one a-okay.

Maybe I''ll try turning it off and back on.

If it doesn't work, could some generous person send it to me? I understand if I sound a bit impatient, but I'd like the stationary today so I can screenshot it for a news post ^^

Check your PM, I'll send it as soon as you add me to the list.

Chrom

How do you even check this stationary thing anyways?

Swapnote (or Nintendo Letter Box) should just automatically receive the note that gives you the stationery if the note was sent out.

By the way, I believe this particular note was only sent to America, so Euro people wouldn't actually receive this. Not for a while, anyway. Regardless, if a friend gives you a note with this stationery, you should be able to get the stationery anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat the game. Great game. The story is nothing amazing, but it's worth paying attention to, I suppose. How can I keep using my same characters and finish up some of the side missions? The only save I have resumes the last battle, then I have to sit through the credits again.

Battle saves and "main" saves are separate, somehow you should be able to reload your main save.

I haven't played casual mode so I'm not sure how to do it exactly though. Unless you mean you're at the start of the battle, in that case you can just select exit from the menu and return to the map.

Battle saves and "main" saves are separate, somehow you should be able to reload your main save.

I haven't played casual mode so I'm not sure how to do it exactly though. Unless you mean you're at the start of the battle, in that case you can just select exit from the menu and return to the map.
I had no clue that they were separate. L and R were the magic buttons to switch between the two types of saves. Thanks!

pariah164

Wait, there's permadeath in FFTA? Seriously? I've been playing that game and I had no idea. It's been a while, though... maybe I just instinctively reset whenever someone died.

I do remember something from the FFTA guide that said 'Once a unit dies, they're gone forever!' So yeah.

Check your PM, I'll send it as soon as you add me to the list.

Thanks! I've got it now.

Although, for some strange reason, I can't save the stationary. Usually the game saves it for me after viewing the message, but not this time o__o

So, at the moment, I still have the Japanese stationary.

Actually, did I just make a huge misassumption? Was this new stationary sent to North Americans?

If so, I have an European 3DS, which explains why I didn't get the special note (and presumably the Japanese stationary takes priority over the North American one).

Gvaz

Banned
Swapnote (or Nintendo Letter Box) should just automatically receive the note that gives you the stationery if the note was sent out.

By the way, I believe this particular note was only sent to America, so Euro people wouldn't actually receive this. Not for a while, anyway. Regardless, if a friend gives you a note with this stationery, you should be able to get the stationery anyway.

I have a few notes that use a stationary, but I have no freakin clue how to use them. I have a USA 3DS btw.

I have a few notes that use a stationary, but I have no freakin clue how to use them. I have a USA 3DS btw.

You can choose stationaries for your notes by clicking the bottom-right button when creating a note.

You must have created 10 or so notes (I forget the exact number) before the option's available though.

dc89

bOCVzy3.jpg

My first Fire Emblem game guys! Can't wait to get in bed later and fire it up ^.^
Anyone got any tips for me?

P.S - sorry for the rubbish iPhone picture.

My first Fire Emblem game guys! Can't wait to get in bed later and fire it up ^.^
Anyone got any tips for me?

P.S - sorry for the rubbish iPhone picture.
I'd recommend playing at your own pace; try not to get influenced by too many people or you might keep regretting some of your choices X D

You can touch stuff on the touch screen to get more info, eg. stats for weapons.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm finding Hard/Casual, as others have suggested, to be best. Hard, but not impossible, and you don't have to sweat it if your shitty archer dies.

Thanks! I've got it now.

Although, for some strange reason, I can't save the stationary. Usually the game saves it for me after viewing the message, but not this time o__o

So, at the moment, I still have the Japanese stationary.

Actually, did I just make a huge misassumption? Was this new stationary sent to North Americans?

If so, I have an European 3DS, which explains why I didn't get the special note (and presumably the Japanese stationary takes priority over the North American one).

As YoshiRider pointed out, it's North American special for now. Chances are it'll be unlocked in a few days for you guys.

Chrom

Hmm, yeah. Perhaps the Japanese stationery does take priority over the American one. Not entirely sure, though. I remember getting all of three Crashmo stationery as they were coming in, but how they were handled escapes my memory.

Chrom

Wait, which one is the first? This one?

Swapnote_Fire_Emblem_Awakening_Stationary_%28NA%29.png

That one in particular would be the second, I believe.

The first ever released was the one with the sprites running across the bottom, but that originated from Japan. The new one is the same thing but with the localized logo.

Chrom

Oh, I was kind of saying in general. We don't have any FE stationaries in Europe and the game's out this Friday.

Then again, I know Japan got theirs several months later and I can't remember when NA got theirs.

NA got it about two or three weeks after the game release, for what it's worth.

I imagine Europe will see its own stationery within a similar time frame, and most likely the sprite one first.

So in the DLC, how do I get the new music to play every time? Because on repeat playthroughs, it just plays the normal skirmish music and very rarely plays the new music.

Anteo

So in the DLC, how do I get the new music to play every time? Because on repeat playthroughs, it just plays the normal skirmish music and very rarely plays the new music.

Early in the thread someone said that happens because the game doesn't have time to load the music, so slow down a bit. It's mostly random for me though, sometimes it does play the right music many games in a row.

Chrom

Yeah, I also think it's some kind of fault (?) in the way the DLC music loads. If you try to enter the map too quickly, the game will think you're just playing on a normal skirmish and gives you the regular options instead of the specific DLC music.

Ok, so now that I'm back to my hard mode file, how does this skillset for Yarne sound for the maingame? Armsthrift/Lethality/Deliverer/Beastbane/Sol (in process of getting)?

His sister has better stats right now, but since I got her ealier her skills are worse (Str+2/Mov+1/Even Rhythm/Beastbane). I'm not too sure what I want to do with her since I'm not grinding in this run, so I changed her to Myrmidon so she could get Astra as Swordmaster at least :|

Also, spoilerish (main and technically post game) comic I found amusing :T
http://lady-tree.tumblr.com/image/48173265686

ffdgh

Hmm I suppose character spoilers are back into effect?

Walhart
looks so badass holding wolf berg as a dread fighter...and tall.

Anteo

Ok, so now that I'm back to my hard mode file, how does this skillset for Yarne sound for the maingame? Armsthrift/Lethality/Deliverer/Beastbane/Sol (in process of getting)?

His sister has better stats right now, but since I got her ealier her skills are worse (Str+2/Mov+1/Even Rhythm/Beastbane). I'm not too sure what I want to do with her since I'm not grinding in this run, so I changed her to Myrmidon so she could get Astra as Swordmaster at least :|

Also, spoilerish (main and technically post game) comic I found amusing :T
http://lady-tree.tumblr.com/image/48173265686

Armsthrift/Lethality/Deliverer/Beastbane/Sol

If you have Armshift you probably will be using weapons, so why Beastbane?

If you have Beastbane and plan to use the beast form, Beaststone+ are really easy to come by, so why Armshift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom