• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Just put some money into my eShop account in anticipation for this. It'll be my first FE game and my first digital retail game. Feeling brave.

So this is guaranteed gonna be in the eShop? I'd rather get it at retail, but if I can't find a copy, I want to be able to fall back on the eShop release.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's right there in the FAQ. Awesome. Want to make sure I have this for my commute next week.

Just put some money into my eShop account in anticipation for this. It'll be my first FE game and my first digital retail game. Feeling brave.

Despite Nintendo's wonky digital account system, it's been really nice to have full retail games in the digital form. I can load up Mario Kart 7 anytime for a quick race and then switch over to Paper Mario to continue the adventure. With all apparent shipping delays, I'm really tempted to go digital for FE:A. But I also love having a shelf full of 3DS cases.

I also carry my 3DS XL around the office during the work day to rack up play coins on the pedometer. Sometimes when I pull it out of my pocket I accidentally put too much pressure on the cartridge cause it too eject. I've lost progress in Prof. Layton several times because of this.

Roto13

Fire Emblem has enough StreetPass and SpotPass functionality that it's probably especially convenient to have as a download, unlike some other games. I bought Paper Mario has a download because I wanted the free Donkey Kong game, but it's not something that really needs to be in my 3DS at all times since I haven't been actively playing it since I finished it.

Hale-XF11

Despite Nintendo's wonky digital account system, it's been really nice to have full retail games in the digital form. I can load up Mario Kart 7 anytime for a quick race and then switch over to Paper Mario to continue the adventure. With all apparent shipping delays, I'm really tempted to go digital for FE:A. But I also love having a shelf full of 3DS cases.

I would totally get the digital version of MK7 had I not already owned the retail version. Had it been available in the eShop from day one, that would have been my first digital retail game for sure.

Yup... that damned Donkey Kong promo suckered me as well.

I would totally get the digital version of MK7 had I not already owned the retail version. Had it been available in the eShop from day one, that would have been my first digital retail game for sure.

Well MK7 was free with the XL bundle I picked up. Doubt I would have bought it otherwise.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fire Emblem has enough StreetPass and SpotPass functionality that it's probably especially convenient to have as a download, unlike some other games. I bought Paper Mario has a download because I wanted the free Donkey Kong game, but it's not something that really needs to be in my 3DS at all times since I haven't been actively playing it since I finished it.

Maybe if it were a 3D Classics Donkey Kong, I would have caved and bought digital Art Academy, but just fucking Donkey Kong? No thank you. Especially when the two games I really wanted, I'd also have to share with my wife who has her own 3DS.

Went to Gamestop today to try and pre-order (though I know it was useless), but learned that a company-wide e-mail has been sent out saying there's no street date any more and that the game can be sold as soon as it comes in.

Then the GS employee told me they won't have their shipment until the 8th. WTH?

Went to Gamestop today to try and pre-order (though I know it was useless), but learned that a company-wide e-mail has been sent out saying there's no street date any more and that the game can be sold as soon as it comes in.

Yup, I got the same story just now. My GameStop dude even told me that he asked their Nintendo rep about the situation and she told him "it's one of those times when the product ships after the advertised release date."

WTF?

cjkeats

Do you see them on the world map? If so, you just go up to them and choose the fight command when you're in the tent.

I haven't seen anyone other than random battles. I'll check again later, I got some more today.

This is getting more confusing than the Windows 8 launch.

Chrom

S supports with Spotpass characters like
Aversa or Paris
don't yield children right?

Correct for Aversa, and males don't yield children themselves anyway so you'd still get Morgan with Parion if you're female, I believe.

Yeah, I haven't really followed the thread, but read a few reviews and went in to preorder it and they told me it wasn't happening. Hopefully Target or Best Buy will have their copies in.

chrono01

Well I went +MAG/-LCK for my Male MU and it was going well [cleared Chapter 4 before I quit for the night], but then realized that I missed out on recruiting Kellam [I didn't know you had to talk to him with Chrom, I was wondering why he was just standing there...]. I guess I'll be re-starting my file today.

Thankfully, I wasn't too far into it. Highly addictive, though.

Chrom

Well I went +MAG/-LCK for my Male MU and it was going well [cleared Chapter 4 before I quit for the night], but then realized that I missed out on recruiting Kellam [I didn't know you had to talk to him with Chrom, I was wondering why he was just standing there...]. I guess I'll be re-starting my file today.

Thankfully, I wasn't too far into it. Highly addictive, though.

Of all of the characters you could've overlooked... Hahaha.

Roman

Correct for Aversa, and males don't yield children themselves anyway so you'd still get Morgan with Parion if you're female, I believe.

Thanks. Yeah I was only thinking of the former and just added another as example. I know it depends on the females. No children from them isn't ideal. I have to ponder this...

chrono01

Of all of the characters you could've overlooked... Hahaha.

I know, haha.

I saw him there, tried to select him, couldn't, and didn't know why. This is my first Fire Emblem, so I wasn't sure of the Recruitment options, so I'm kind of learning things slowly. At least now I know so I won't [hopefully] miss any more warriors.

It's better to learn this early on, I guess. :)

Roman

However Morgan isn't dependent on the other parent, right? For example
I can romance Aversa and pass Dark Blessing

Is that correct?

Here's a complete? list of the voice actors in the game. Stolen from Gamefaqs who I believe listed based off what the credits credited.

Chrom - Matthew Mercer
Avatars - Dave Vincent / Brandon Karrer / Chris Smith / Michelle Ruff / Wendee Lee
Lissa - Kate Higgins
Emmeryn - Erin Fitzgerald
Frederick & Validar - Kyle Hebert
Flavia & Miriel - Tara Platt
Basilio - Patrick Seitz
Say'ri & Cynthia - Stacy Okada
Sully & Cherche - Amanda C. Miller
Stahl & Donnel - Sam Regal
Vaike - Michael Sorich
Kellam & Gerome - Orion Acaba
Ricken - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaius - Gideon Emery
Panne - Jessica Gee
Cordelia & Severa - Julie Ann Taylor
Nowi - Hunter Mackenzie Austin
Gregor & Laurent - George C. Cole
Libra - Cindy Robinson
Tharja & Kjelle - Stephenie Sheh
Olivia & Anna - Karen Strassman
Henry - Bryce Papenbrook
Owain - Kaiji Tang
Inigo - Liam O'Brien
Morgan(M) Todd Stone
Morgan(F) Nicole Karrer
Yarne - Chris Smith
Noire - Michelle Ruff
Gangrel - Anthony Jenkins
Aversa - Cindy Robinson
Walhart - Richard Epcar
Yen'fay - Kirk Thornton
Excellus - Spike Spencer

Artemisia

Banned
Here's a complete? list of the voice actors in the game. Stolen from Gamefaqs who I believe listed based off what the credits credited.

Chrom - Matthew Mercer
Avatars - Dave Vincent / Brandon Karrer / Chris Smith / Michelle Ruff / Wendee Lee
Lissa - Kate Higgins
Basilio - Patrick Seitz
Vaike - Michael Sorich
Ricken - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaius - Gideon Emery
Panne - Jessica Gee
Libra - Cindy Robinson
Henry - Bryce Papenbrook
Owain - Kaiji Tang
Inigo - Liam O'Brien
Morgan(M) Todd Stone
Morgan(F) Nicole Karrer
Yarne - Chris Smith
Noire - Michelle Ruff
Aversa - Cindy Robinson
Walhart - Richard Epcar
Yen'fay - Kirk Thornton
Excellus - Spike Spencer

Lucina?

Chrom

Chrom - Matthew Mercer
Lissa - Kate Higgins
Basilio - Patrick Seitz
Vaike - Michael Sorich
Ricken - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaius - Gideon Emery
Panne - Jessica Gee
Libra - Cindy Robinson
Henry - Bryce Papenbrook
Owain - Kaiji Tang
Inigo - Liam O'Brien
Morgan(M) Todd Stone
Morgan(F) Nicole Karrer
Yarne - Chris Smith
Noire - Michelle Ruff
Aversa - Cindy Robinson
Walhart - Richard Epcar
Yen'fay - Kirk Thornton
Excellus - Spike Spencer

Who is Excellus?

Edit:
And Yarne? Who's that?

cjkeats

Chrom - Matthew Mercer
Lissa - Kate Higgins
Basilio - Patrick Seitz
Vaike - Michael Sorich
Ricken - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaius - Gideon Emery
Panne - Jessica Gee
Libra - Cindy Robinson
Henry - Bryce Papenbrook
Owain - Kaiji Tang
Inigo - Liam O'Brien
Morgan(M) Todd Stone
Morgan(F) Nicole Karrer
Yarne - Chris Smith
Noire - Michelle Ruff
Aversa - Cindy Robinson
Walhart - Richard Epcar
Yen'fay - Kirk Thornton
Excellus - Spike Spencer

Fire Emblem Wiki says
Lucina is Laura Bailey
, which would explain why I found her so familiar.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It has the same impact as a great Zelda track:
Midna's Desperate Hour
But better. It's incredible.

Gestahl

It's hilarious how much of a stink was raised about Marth's identity when the game was announced and released in Japan given how little of a shit the game seems to give about it.

Company-wide, hm? I called a few stores yesterday and they all treated me like I was trying to bribe them into selling me the game early or something when I mentioned that I'd heard the release date lifted. It was kind of annoying.

Chrom

Anyone else wondering when(/if?) Nintendo will localize the Iwata Asks interview that they had for the game last year? I just noticed that they already put up the one for Brain Age: Concentration Training and I was surprised to see Fire Emblem's wasn't yet. What's the deal?

cjkeats

Anyone else encounter a team on the Northroad that is
a complete copy of your team? Like Chrom and all them are there.
It's strange, because you can't interact with them or anything. Unless something happens later on?

Hale-XF11

Neat, I didn't realize there were so many voice actors for this game. I keep learning new things about this game every day.

Chrom

Anyone else encounter a team on the Northroad that is
a complete copy of your team? Like Chrom and all them are there.
It's strange, because you can't interact with them or anything. Unless something happens later on?

I think you somehow StreetPassed with yourself. That's definitely not story related.

Do you have more than one file?

cjkeats

I think you somehow StreetPassed with yourself. That's definitely not story related.

Do you have more than one file?

You are right, othe the street passes I picked up Yesterday. Props to whoever I passed for naming their Avatar a name that don't stick out in the FE universe. The other guy who i didnt notice in the map before had a typical screen name.

So yeah, I guess that clears up my confusion earlier, the allies on the map that arent merchants are the people I've tagged.

Anyone else wondering when(/if?) Nintendo will localize the Iwata Asks interview that they had for the game last year? I just noticed that they already put up the one for Brain Age: Concentration Training and I was surprised to see Fire Emblem's wasn't yet. What's the deal?
I'm guessing they'll post it soon after the game's release; I can't see any reason for them to skip it.

Chrom

You are right, othe the street passes I picked up Yesterday. Props to whoever I passed for naming their Avatar a name that don't stick out in the FE universe. The other guy who i didnt notice in the map before had a typical screen name.

So yeah, I guess that clears up my confusion earlier, the allies on the map that arent merchants are the people I've tagged.

Oh, I see. I still find that weird, though. I thought you were supposed to be able to interact with them, and you're saying you can't.

Tunavi

Banned
Amazon Customer Support said:
"Hello,

We can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by Monday, February 11, 2013 - Wednesday, February 13, 2013.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped with your tracking number."

I'M NOT WAITING A GOD DAMN WEEK

Chrom

this game could have taken place on Mars? jesus...

Yeah, some of their old ideas were crazy.

I didn't read it yet, but if memory serves from the Japanese one, it said they were considering modernizing this game with guns or something to that effect.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This thread having lots more pages and attention than Dead Space 3's one is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom