• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the song you're looking for, but it's the battle version. I can't find the map version if that's what you were looking for. No one uploaded it as far as I know.
Yeah, the battle version was what I meant. Thanks, Yoshi <3 I actually fired up the demo again today and left the game running at a level-up screen so I could hear the music. A YT link won't be as depressing.

Nintendo is really fouling up with this release. GS not getting their shipments, even Amazon is saying there may be manufacture shipping delays. What's going on with this game?
Just like Namco did with Ni no Kuni, I think Nintendo underestimated how popular this game would be. I don't think they expected all this attention, and as such were treating the release like one of their "lesser' titles.

Mr. Fix

I'm now thinking that 15 hours is sorely underestimated for the main campaign. For reference, I'm at 20 hours and I've just hit the halfway point of the game. 5-6 of those hours were spent just building up S rank supports for the other marriages. I've also just unlocked an influx of side quests (about 10). Excluding those side missions, I'm expecting at least 8-10 more hours.

bumpkin

Hmm... I got an email this morning from bestbuy.com telling me that my preorder was in and ready for pickup at my local store (that I selected for in-store pickup). I then received a phone call from the store mere minutes later telling me that it was somehow a mistake, and that neither them nor any other store in the area has the game in stock yet. They said it'd be in for sure next week on February 6th.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just like Namco did with Ni no Kuni, I think Nintendo underestimated how popular this game would be. I don't think they expected all this attention, and as such were treating the release like one of their "lesser' titles.

My hope is that this means we'll be seeing a renewed investment in the FE name here in the states going forward.

My hope is that this means we'll be seeing a renewed investment in the FE name here in the states going forward.
Well all the large amount of pre-orders and positive press are certainly gonna help with that. It also benefited from the fact that the US is seeming to jump back on the JRPG bandwagon again. (Or at least we're moving in that direction.)

ohlawd

I'm now thinking that 15 hours is sorely underestimated for the main campaign. For reference, I'm at 20 hours and I've just hit the halfway point of the game. 5-6 of those hours were spent just building up S rank supports for the other marriages. I've also just unlocked an influx of side quests (about 10). Excluding those side missions, I'm expecting at least 8-10 more hours.

cool lol you're just like me

I spent a bunch of time doing support convos too. I didn't have to but hey I like reading them because they're all varied and not generic.

Drago

Actually advertising the game on tv, magazines, and websites, having a limited edition 3DS bundle for the game, putting out a demo before release, not to mention excellent reviews across the board... I don't think Nintendo is really considering it as a lesser title with all the publicity and exposure it's getting. I think it's more a messed up shipping schedule than anything.

I just want my copy asap :(

CSX

my gamestop just confirmed delay till 2/8

Time to cancel preorder and wait for digital to pop up.

Off topic but I can copy stuff in my old SD to a newer one without penalty right? Games, and all?

Sora_N

I keep messing up the second side quest...(Twins' Turf), I do fine but I keep accidentally getting one guy murdered. :( Restarted 5 times already lol.

Actually advertising the game on tv, magazines, and websites, having a limited edition 3DS bundle for the game, putting out a demo before release, not to mention excellent reviews across the board... I don't think Nintendo is really considering it as a lesser title with all the publicity and exposure it's getting. I think it's more a messed up shipping schedule than anything.

I just want my copy asap :(
I don't mean they are just realizing now, I meant they realized too late. They said literally nothing about the game for months and now they are scrambling to give the game a big push.

This is evident in how severely they underestimated the pre-order amount, so much so that they actually cancelled pre-orders at some stores, something that is very rarely done. And look at all the delays.

Bleep

If I buy digitally on my 3DS (and DLC stuff too), and later on decide to get an XL, would I be able to move the SD card to XL and resume playing?

Nope, that would lead to easy piracy.

Edit: Unless you do a system transfer of course.

RangerBAD

Thing is they wouldn't even let me pre-order the game last week which I still don't get.

Koodo

Banned
Do some classes have capped stats? I'm noticing a lot of Donnel's stat numbers are now green and won't increase.

Wilsongt

Do some classes have capped stats? I'm noticing a lot of Donnel's stat numbers are now green and won't increase.

A lot of classes have stat caps depending. Some classes will have much higher skill/speed caps than others, while having lower defense/mag caps.

If a stat is capped, that's good, unless it's a really low, crappy cap.

Koodo

Banned
All classes have stat caps.
A lot of classes have stat caps depending. Some classes will have much higher skill/speed caps than others, while having lower defense/mag caps.

If a stat is capped, that's good, unless it's a really low, crappy cap.
Oh, I see.

Well, I've made Donnel a hero now. He's easily among my strongest units now, if not the strongest. The only time he was clocked out of battle was when an enemy unit had a Counter skill (WTF, I want that skill).

Wilsongt

Oh, I see.

Well, I've made Donnel a hero now. He's easily among my strongest units now, if not the strongest. The only time he was clocked out of battle was when an enemy unit had a Counter skill (WTF, I want that skill).

With Donnel, was it Villager -> Class 1 -> Class 2?

Drago

Does the 3DS come with built in memory for digital downloads? Or do you have to buy an external SD card?

Regular 3DS' come with a 2GB SD card, and 3DS XL's (and the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, which includes a regular 3DS) come with a 4GB SD card.

Chrom

With Donnel, was it Villager -> Class 1 -> Class 2?

That's not how Villager works in this game. It's neither above or below classes in that sense, for it shares the same tier as Manakete or Dancer.

To make Donnel a class other than Villager, he needs a Second Seal to reclass.

Oh, I see.

Raise a Warrior to learn that skill.

Wilsongt

That's not how Villager works in this game. It's neither above or below classes in that sense, for it shares the same tier as Manakete or Dancer.

To make Donnel a class other than Villager, he needs a Second Seal to reclass.

Aaah. So it's not like trainees from Sacred Stones.

This game is so brutal for me, my dudes keep dying. :(

What difficulty are you playing?
Also using pair up at the right moments can really give a unit that little extra push to get a kill

Also which thieves den mission are you doing?

Another now rescue staff is your friend use it whenever you can

Edit: also how do you guys prefer playing fire emblem? Use all the units you can per map or use a small group of sting units to rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom