• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who trained Donny know if Donny can potentially get out of the hero class? And change into let's say a bow user or a tome user?

From what I understand, Donny can also change into a Fighter then promote to a Warrior (Axe & Bow) or can promote from a Mercenary to a Bow Knight (Sword & Bow).

NeonZ

Has anyone who trained Donny know if Donny can potentially get out of the hero class? And change into let's say a bow user or a tome user?

Donny's available classes, aside from villager, are:
Tier 1- Mercenary (Sword), Fighter (Axe)
Tier 2- Hero (Sword & Axe), Warrior (Axe & Bow), Bow Knight (Sword & Bow)

And, no, none of his classes can use magic. Well, none of his standard classes. The eventual DLC class for males can use magic and he can be class changed to that.

Tier 1- Mercenary (swords), Fighter (axes)
Tier 2- Hero (Sword & Axe), Warrior (axes and bows) and Berserker (axes only)

And, no, none of his classes can use magic.

Pretty silly that none of his other classes can use spears.

Mr. Fix

If I use a second seal on a lvl 10+ promoted unit, will the corresponding promoted class automatically learn its pre-promoted skills?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how much space the digital version is going to take up? I just got an XL and only have the pack-in 4GB card.

Doorman

If I use a second seal on a lvl 10+ promoted unit, will the corresponding promoted class automatically learn its pre-promoted skills?
Not 100% sure but I believe not. Otherwise there wouldn't be much point in giving you the option of changing back down to a tier 1 class.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know how much space the digital version is going to take up? I just got an XL and only have the pack-in 4GB card.

About 8,500-something blocks, or roughly 1.1GB.

Chrom

No. If you want the skills from the base classes, you need to reach those levels when you are using those classes.

They will not learn the pre premoted skills

Umm if I recall since the class change seal changes them back to level 1 they have to learn that "promoted" classes skill by

So lets say
Level 20 sword master changes to a hero he will not learn the Heros sol skills nor will he learn mercenary skills

Hope that helps and doesn't make it even more confusin

Edit: beaten lol

ohlawd

No. You'll have to level up your newly de/pro-moted unit to the appropriate levels to learn those skills.

Chrom

Thanks. I just wish the second seal also allowed us to switch back to a previously promoted class.

I believe it does allow for that, actually. Like, you could have Frederick reclass from Paladin to Great Knight if he's Level 10+ if you wanted.

Mr. Fix

I believe it does allow for that, actually. Like, you could have Frederick reclass from Paladin to Great Knight if he's Level 10+ if you wanted.

That's true. Though It'd mean I'd have to commit 30 levels to the new class I switch to. Tier 2 skills seem a lot more useful. In those cases, I'd be better off sticking to default classes and leveling them up all the way to max and promoted, before using a second seal.

JollyWolf

I have never play a fire emblem game before, but I am excited to play this. Does anyone know if I'll be alright playing this without playing the others?

I have never play a fire emblem game before, but I am excited to play this. Does anyone know if I'll be alright playing this without playing the others?

Completely fine. The only thing you'll miss out is who the Spotpass and DLC characters are as they are from old FE games but that isn't a big deal.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Definitely! It's meant to be both a love song to fans and the most accessible entry to newcomers.
Edit: lol

Tier 1- Mercenary (Sword), Fighter (Axe)
Tier 2- Hero (Sword & Axe), Warrior (Axe & Bow), Bow Knight (Sword & Bow)

And, no, none of his classes can use magic. Well, none of his standard classes. The eventual DLC class for males can use magic and he can be class changed to that.

When you class change someone like Donny, do their appearance change to suit the new class?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The chapter,
Mad King,
is driving me bananas. Restarted at least a dozen times.
Gotta hold down all the forts and clear out all the grunts before the king starts roaming. I HATE how reinforcements get to move right after they appear.
It's cheap and I don't remember that occurring before in previous FE's.

The chapter,
Mad King, is driving me bananas. Restarted at least a dozen times. Gotta hold down all the forts and trying to clear out all the grunts before the king starts roaming. I HATE how reinforcements get to move right after they appear.
It's kind of cheap.

This is life. This is death. This is Fire Emblem.

Seriously, I know how feel. Been there in past FEs. Keep going, you'll beat the scenario.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The chapter,
Mad King,
Gotta hold down all the forts and clear out all the grunts before the king starts roaming. I HATE how reinforcements get to move right after they appear.

Always the worse when you get to the end of a hard fought battle, you're just about to move in for the kill on the boss and then BAM, REINFORCEMENTS THAT MOVE THE SAME TURN THEY SPAWN. So much rage, but at least I'm ready next time. I sort of enjoy the brutal nature of it all, which is why Classic is so delicious.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Always the worse when you get to the end of a hard fought battle, you're just about to move in for the kill on the boss and then BAM, REINFORCEMENTS THAT MOVE THE SAME TURN THEY SPAWN. So much rage, but at least I'm ready next time. I sort of enjoy the brutal nature of it all, which is why Classic is so delicious.

Doesn't help that
the king has a giant roaming range and wields magic.
Just a fricking nightmare.

This is life. This is death. This is Fire Emblem.

Seriously, I know how feel. Been there in past FEs. Keep going, you'll beat the scenario.

I played Sacred Stones last week and it wasn't like this.
Reinforcements come. You see them and take them out. They don't get to attack in the same turn.

Do they run out? Can you control where they pop up and exhaust the supply? Or is it an infinite amount of soldiers?
That wouldn't make sense actually.. Just annoyed right now.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Can anyone explain spotpass to me? I am not sure I know what it is.
SpotPass in general is the 3DS function to download free DLC while in sleep mode.

Specific to FE, SpotPass lets you download cameos of characters from all the older FE games. You fight them in a random battle on the world map, and recruit them afterwards. There's 120 in total, I believe, on a staggered release schedule.

Chrom

When you class change someone like Donny, do their appearance change to suit the new class?

Not their portrait, no.

The chapter,
Mad King,

Oh, other games sure have done this before. It's definitely not new to the series.

Roto13

Oh no he didn't! Chrom did not even just propose to my girl Sully, who I've been grooming this whole game to marry my avatar!

Chrom, we at affinity level A, man! Bros before hos!

ohlawd

Oh no he didn't! Chrom did not even just propose to my girl Sully, who I've been grooming this whole game to marry my avatar!

lol should have had your Avatar step his game up before that chapter :p

Midou

Yeah, there is not a lot I would call cheap, but at least reinforcements are essentially announced in this game. Coming out and taking a turn does seem cheap, and the game loves to
do it with several wyvern riders, it was annoying the first time but come on..

Worst thing that ever happened to me in terms of enemies acting when showing up was in Path of Radiance
I had one party holding back in an early chapter, and the black knight pops out of a RANDOM house, then takes a turn murdering Soren, while Ike was standing 2 blocks away from the 'seize' point he would have taken next turn. Funny thing is, if no one is in his range, the black knight never takes a turn, so it's literally an 'haha you have shit luck for standing there'
I rarely get super frustrated at a game, but in that instance I was about ready to throw my controller.

BJK

She wasn't really that into you;
Fire Emblem friend zone, confirmed.

Chrom

Wait what? I thought it comes out on Monday? 2/4/13

Shouldn't it be Sunday midnight?

Sunday midnight would be the first hour of Sunday, would it not? That's how I was looking at it.

Sorry if the way I said it confused you. I thought saying Monday midnight would suffice in answering.

Javier

That Chapter 21. *shudders*
61huL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom