• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. In FE6 enemy reinforcements appear at the end of the Player Phase, meaning they attack right away. It's one of the things that made FE6 so damn hard.

61huL.png

Wow, I don't remember them doing that at all. I even remember that chapter. I had fun killing them!

Veitsev

I have a question for those that have already played through the game. Maybe you imported it. Who knows. This is a MAJOR SPOILER

I played the demo and went online to read more about the series (never played it) and I had that the fact that Masked Marth is Lucina and is Chrom's daughter back from an alternate future in which he dies spoiled. :( Did I just spoil the biggest thing in the game or do I have more to look forward to? Keep in mind I haven't played the game yet. Kinda bumming me out as I am new to the series and really liked the demo.

Anteo

I have a question for those that have already played through the game. Maybe you imported it. Who knows. This is a MAJOR SPOILER

I played the demo and went online to read more about the series (never played it) and I had that the fact that Masked Marth is Lucina and is Chrom's daughter back from an alternate future in which he dies spoiled. :( Did I just spoil the biggest thing in the game or do I have more to look forward to? Keep in mind I haven't played the game yet. Kinda bumming me out as I am new to the series and really liked the demo.

Comparing this to Dragon Ball Z
That's like spoiliing Trunks is the son of Vegeta, yeah that's cool, but what about Cell?

(I also know a lot about the game but haven't played it yet.

ohlawd

That spoiler is absolutely correct but it's only one side of a coin.
I assure you that that the other side of the coin is worth it and that you have much more to look forward to.

Bullza2o

I just canceled my Amazon preorder. I'll just use my $35 Best Buy gift cards to get eShop money to DD this game. I figure I'm buying lots of DLC anyways, so I'd lose even more money trading it in.

Gestahl

I have to say, the character viability here is a stark contrast to FE12 which gave you 90% of the worthwhile characters by CH4 and then dumped 60 units of worthless chaff on your lap afterwards. I'm at Chapter 9 and so far only Ricken really falls into the "why would I ever use you" category (in fairness, I am using a magic Avatar). Stahl seems like he has trouble on the higher difficulties too since he has to more urgently compete with Frederick for deployment time.

I have to say, the character viability here is a stark contrast to FE12 which gave you 90% of the worthwhile characters by CH4 and then dumped 60 units of worthless chaff on your lap afterwards. I'm at Chapter 9 and so far only Ricken really falls into the "why would I ever use you" category (in fairness, I am using a magic Avatar). Stahl seems like he has trouble on the higher difficulties too since he has to more urgently compete with Frederick for deployment time.

It probably helps that you are also getting a range of classes in this game instead of You like Cavaliers? Here's 3! Go nuts!.

Class change seems more worthwhile here too.

zroid

Banned
I was bored so I threw this together. I love those captions. :p

ibfzBOmf7wJHJe.png

Oh shit. Cordelia and I have the same birthday, apparently.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wanted my Cordelia to turn out well, but she's complete shit up to level 15 of her base class so far. I am not lord of the RNG.

Chrom

So I went into Best Buy today on the off chance that they were selling the game. Guy looked it up on the computer and said it was supposed to be out today but they didn't have any copies in. I'm hoping they come in tomorrow, he's supposed to call me if they do.

Koodo

Banned
I just tried Chapter 19 and got my ass handed to me quickly, so I decided to select my eight most powerful units and pair them up appropriately, and

O M G

They wiped out the entire map so effortlessly. Two of the pairs in particular barely got hit at all, and the pair with Tharja got hit a few times but would always regain the health back with Nosferatu.

What a bunch of gloriously broken pairings.

Gestahl

Uh emulators????

I'm guessing you could also rig it to work on a DS and PSP for the handheld experience.

I actually have a Japanese copy of FE6, but for shit that's never released overseas and is out of print no really cares how you come about playing it. Though a complete copy of FE5 WILL one day be mine...

Socreges

Banned
Uh emulators????

I'm guessing you could also rig it to work on a DS and PSP for the handheld experience.
Yep. Was just wondering how open people would be about piracy

Also wondering if there was some way to actually patch a game and play it on a GBA.

iavi

Are stores selling the game now or do we have to wait until the 4th?

It's not street dated, so stores are selling them as soon as they get them. Many aren't getting it until the 4th-5th, but I've called a few GSs that expected sooner.

chrono01

Ugh. I spawned a Spotpass character [Lyn] on Chapter 4, and now it won't let me purchase any Reeking Box items so I can grind my levels/support. She's Level 18, too, with many comrades. -_-

Is there another Chapter that sells the Reeking Box? If so, which one? I'm currently on Chapter 6 with Paralogue 1/2 completed [as well as Marth DLC].

Edit - I had no idea that you could simply "Dismiss" and then re-summon Spotpass events. Well that makes things a lot easier!

Now to grind experience/support!

Mr. Fix

What's a decent build to start an Avatar off?

I went with magic. He and Tharja, who I made a Dark Knight are actually capable of fulfilling the tank roles in my party.

Ugh. I spawned a Spotpass character [Lyn] on Chapter 4, and now it won't let me purchase any Reeking Box items so I can grind my levels/support. She's Level 18, too, with many comrades. -_-

Is there another Chapter that sells the Reeking Box? If so, which one? I'm currently on Chapter 6 with Paralogue 1/2 completed [as well as Marth DLC].

Lyn's spotpass is out? You could still parley with them, and just dismiss them from the menu that pops up. You don't have to fight them.

StayDead

That's a spoiler sure, but it hardly explains the entire game. There's much, much more for you to learn and see so it's not that a big deal.

You now know a rather major plot point, but as none of it has been properly explained and how it all ties into the story you know pretty much nothing at this point :p

Edit - I had no idea that you could simply "Dismiss" and then re-summon Spotpass events. Well that makes things a lot easier!

Now to grind experience/support!

I tried fighting lyn with my best units unfortunately my best units were only chrom and my avatar it was complete and utter bloodshed on there part
Hard mode spot pass characters having near maxed stats is not what I call fun :(

A couple questions:

1. The character you create, any suggestions on how to create them? Are they better off as a mage or can you make them a good melee type character?

2. What is the whole having children thing about? More in terms of what characters you get out of it and how you get them. I don't want to miss out on certain characters or make characters with terrible stats because I didn't make the right people get together or something...

oh also, for that villager kid
can you promote him and actually make him cool looking, or does he always look like a little village kid with a pot on his head?

Rarutos

A couple questions:

1. The character you create, any suggestions on how to create them? Are they better off as a mage or can you make them a good melee type character?

2. What is the whole having children thing about? More in terms of what characters you get out of it and how you get them. I don't want to miss out on certain characters or make characters with terrible stats because I didn't make the right people get together or something...

oh also, for that villager kid
can you promote him and actually make him cool looking, or does he always look like a little village kid with a pot on his head?
For your first two questions, I'd say just do what you prefer. Though apparently Luck is probably the best stat to be flawed at. I'm personally going to do something like +Speed -Luck so my Avatar can use both magic and weapons decently.

And for the children characters, I'd say it doesn't really matter who marries with who, you'd get through the game fine regardless. Unless you are OCD and just want the perfect stat growths/specific classes on them or something. O:

For Donnel, he doesn't promote per se, but he can change class. The Villager class level goes up to 30 I believe? But it might be better to just switch him once you learn his skills.

For your first two questions, I'd say just do what you prefer. Though apparently Luck is probably the best stat to be flawed at. I'm personally going to do something like +Speed -Luck so my Avatar can use both magic and weapons decently.

And for the children characters, I'd say it doesn't really matter who marries with who, you'd get through the game fine regardless. Unless you are OCD and just want the perfect stat growths/specific classes on them or something. O:

For Donnel, he doesn't promote per se, but he can change class. The Villager class level goes up to 30 I believe? But it might be better to just switch him once you learn his skills.

Thanks!

So for the children characters, what I'm more interested in is like, do you definitely get them all? Or do you have to do specific stuff to get certain ones?

And if Donnel changes class, does his look actually change, like can he gain armor and lose the pot helmet?

Street passed eight people in downtown Seattle yesterday. One was playing the FE demo. Two were playing the actual game.

(hey Nintendo, if you want to put it up on eShop, say, RIGHT NOW, I won't complain. I don't think anyone will!)

Lusankya

You can reclass your avatar into nearly any class you like. So it depends on the class you want him to be in the end. He/she will be good in all classes.

You can't do anything wrong here, really. For the first playthrough just pair the characters you like to pair, the children will always be good units.

To make them god like units you may want to read up on the complete mechanics on serenesforest.net.

oh also, for that villager kid can you promote him and actually make him cool looking, or does he always look like a little village kid with a pot on his head?
You can't change his character portrait, but you can change his class and then he will look different on the battlefield.

I just tried Chapter 19 and got my ass handed to me quickly, so I decided to select my eight most powerful units and pair them up appropriately, and

O M G

They wiped out the entire map so effortlessly. Two of the pairs in particular barely got hit at all, and the pair with Tharja got hit a few times but would always regain the health back with Nosferatu.

What a bunch of gloriously broken pairings.

So Dark Mage's with Nosferatu is still OP?

That's great to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom