• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Well the first group in Japan, was FE4 characters, one of the more popular games there. So they are probably choosing what would likely be more popular here.

Okay, knowing this helps to shed more light on things. I didn't want to feel like we were getting shafted out of a bunch of the series history.

Slightly unrelatedly, I saw the listing of characters from each game, and for Sacred Stones....
Moulder
? Really? I think that almost literally any other character from that game would have been more useful and more memorable. Seems like such a baffling selection, just on that one count.

Mr. Fix

The end of chapters
9 and 17
so far:

tC1F5gl.gif

cjkeats

Man, everyone is getting Lynn and here I got Karel. I wanted Lynn because I recognized her from the 20 minutes I played of the game she's from. lol

Also I guess worth noting that the team we got was just labeled "Fire Emblem" with no subtitle or anything, so you guys could be right about the ordering of the spotpass characters.

Mr. Fix

Also I guess worth noting that the team we got was just labeled "Fire Emblem" with no subtitle or anything, so you guys could be right about the ordering of the spotpass characters.

Sets are actually released by the titles. So we can't receive units from the other games until we're done with this set. At least, that's how it was in Japan. The order of sets is different for us though, as Japan didn't get the FE GBA set first. I suspect we'll get another stateside FE set before I get my Sigurd. :I

Slightly unrelatedly, I saw the listing of characters from each game, and for Sacred Stones....
Moulder
? Really? I think that almost literally any other character from that game would have been more useful and more memorable. Seems like such a baffling selection, just on that one count.

There's definitely like one character in almost every streetpass team that makes you wonder why did they include him?
Brom, Moulder, Dagda, Arden

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Moulder
The bigger crime here is no
Joshua

Rarutos

I'm personally sad there's no Rebecca in the FE7 group. :(

...And also that pretty much all the Myrmidons/Swordmasters other than Stefan from the Tellius games are here, but not Jill. :(

Ponn

Banned
Alright, bundle preordered from Newegg. Ready to jump back in 3DS. KH3D conveniently went on sale at amazon for 19.99 so picked that up to.

I heard there was now a casual mode in FE that eliminates perma death. Do you lose anything by playing that way, except for the classic FE experience?

I'm personally sad there's no Rebecca in the FE7 group. :(

...And also that pretty much all the Myrmidons/Swordmasters other than Stefan from the Tellius games are here, but not Jill. :(

Jill or Haar, really wanted at least one of the Wyvern riders to have been included in the Tellius teams.

Though I'm more upset that they didn't even put Joshua in the FE8 group.

Mr. Fix

RNG Gods have smiled upon me today.

Often am I reckless, but at the very end of chapter 18 I forgot to scope out the boss' skills. Turns out, he had the one that allows him to strike first when he's below 50% health, and the one that allows him to strike back 5 times consecutively. Luckily Chrom as support came in and blocked all those blows, allowing
Say'ri
to deliver the final blow. It was a thing of beauty.

Does anyone have the red xl? I just noticed best buy has them on sale and I really want to play this game but not really feeling the xl colors, I hate two tone but I want this game sooo bad. How does the red look?

Does anyone have the red xl? I just noticed best buy has them on sale and I really want to play this game but not really feeling the xl colors, I hate two tone but I want this game sooo bad. How does the red look?

I like it. The red doesn't look that bad, it's not the shade of red I would want but it could be worse. I would probably want it darker but that's just me.

AGITΩ

I'm so sad. No Best Buy got in their shipments for Fire Emblem yet. So at the earliest, some stores wouldn't get the game until Monday afternoon. :/

So, I'm a European planning to import a North American 3DS XL a few weeks from now. I heard this game is going to be rare and I don't want to buy it on the eShop, so I figured I should buy a physical copy right now.

However, I haven't done any research on importing games yet, so I was hoping someone could point out a site that ships to Europe (specifically, the Netherlands), were I can buy Fire Emblem, preferably as cheap as possible.

zroid

Banned
These twin avatars.

Quick! Post back-to-back!

So, I'm a European planning to import a North American 3DS XL a few weeks from now. I heard this game is going to be rare and I don't want to buy it on the eShop, so I figured I should buy a physical copy right now.

However, I haven't done any research on importing games yet, so I was hoping someone could point out a site that ships to Europe (specifically, the Netherlands), were I can buy Fire Emblem, preferably as cheap as possible.

I've heard that http://videogamesplus.ca is a good place to import games from North America

I like it. The red doesn't look that bad, it's not the shade of red I would want but it could be worse. I would probably want it darker but that's just me.
I'd like a darker color too, I'd love to get the bundle since that blue is dark but I'd like a xl since I'm coming from a dsi xl.

Vamphuntr

Was Fire Emblem ever a featured item to earn bonus coins on "purchasing upcoming releases" on Club Nintendo?

Yeah it was there last month as I did the survey thing.

Quick! Post back-to-back!

I've heard that http://videogamesplus.ca is a good place to import games from North America

Their security is fairly bad though. They were hacked like 2 years ago and all of their customers info got leaked on the net including full address, telephone, login and password and they never cared enough to do something about it. People were asking what is going on or if they should get some ID theft protection and they would ignore all of those.

EDIT : Oh yeah I remember how we had to check the pastebin by ourselves in the the thread about it since the store wouldn't tell you if your information was out there.

So... what classes/ traits are y'all doing for your main character?

Thinking of maybe sage or sorcerer or swordmaster or wyren lord

hmmmmm

Is it true swordmasters aren't that hot in this? There skills seem decent.

And do note, I'm not really feeling like I'm gonna reclass shit for skills for my first playthrough on normal.

BTW, it would be great if we could finally get a list of all the official translations of the old never released Fire Emblem character's names. I'd love to see wtf they were translated into.

So if I play the Spotpass chapters, is my team going to be overpowered? Are the Spotpass chapters separate from the additional skirmishes that you can grind on the main map? Or are they the same thing?

I was thinking of doing a Hard game run ignoring all of the non-main story missions and then after that, doing a Lunatic run where I let myself play the Spotpass or DLC maps.

hitmon

So if I play the Spotpass chapters, is my team going to be overpowered? Are the Spotpass chapters separate from the additional skirmishes that you can grind on the main map? Or are they the same thing?

I was thinking of doing a Hard game run ignoring all of the non-main story missions and then after that, doing a Lunatic run where I let myself play the Spotpass or DLC maps.

When I got them, they were higher level than my team. They show up (green) like skirmishes on the main map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom