• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Thank you veru much for your answer. Interesting. To be honest, I would have prefered supports to be more limited, but well, if we still have S supports to unlock on each playthrough, I guess I'm fine with it (and, well, this FE has supports conversations, unlike a certain Radiant Dawn).

Can we access a menu where we can read all supports conversations again (like in FE7/FE8) ?

Chrom

Thank you veru much for your answer. Interesting. To be honest, I would have prefered supports to be more limited, but well, if we still have S supports to unlock on each playthrough, I guess I'm fine with it (and, well, this FE has supports conversations, unlike a certain Radiant Dawn).

Can we access a menu where we can read all supports conversations again (like in FE7/FE8) ?

Yep, you can reread all of the conversations if you want. I'm not sure if it's something you unlock or if it's something always available, but I can tell you that it's definitely there.

I think what I'm going to end up doing is just buying this on the e-shop tomorrow if it doesn't show up at gamestop. Then whenever gamestop does get the game, I'll just go there and see if I can pick up the art book and then return the game the next day or whatever

I've had the physical preordered for a while (dat art book) and wanted to instead get the digital, but as it turns out my GF who also has an ambassador 3DS is getting into Sacred Stones, so it looks like I'll just give her the physical copy and then keep the art book for myself. Everyone wins!

Kazerei

Banned
Ugh, chapter
was brutal. I rushed the boss so that reinforcements would stop spawning. And two of my units were killed immediately after I killed the boss. Thank god for Casual mode D:

Guys, just found that I had a second seal in my inventory. Who should I use it on? And into what class?

Master Seal (is that the name?) is for class upgrades, like Tactician -> Grandmaster. There are usually some choices but you can only move along the class tree for your character.

Second Seal lets you class jump to other classes (ie: sideways, not along the class tree) but apart from the main character there are limits on what classes you can choose. This is primarily useful for characters like "villager" class types which don't have a class tree, so at some point you need to assign them to a class that does. (But you could also just make one of your favorites into something you find more useful...)

Ugh, just looked at the DLC prices, looks like they're going 100¥ = $1. Which means about $60 to get all the DLC.

Oh well, worth it.

Chrom

Master Seal (is that the name?) is for class upgrades, like Tactician -> Grandmaster. There are usually some choices but you can only move along the class tree for your character.

Second Seal lets you class jump to other classes (ie: sideways, not along the class tree) but apart from the main character there are limits on what classes you can choose. This is primarily useful for characters like "villager" class types which don't have a class tree, so at some point you need to assign them to a class that does. (But you could also just make one of your favorites into something you find more useful...)

It's Master Seal, yeah.

The Avatar technically still has limitations on reclassing, in the sense that an Avatar can't have access to both gender-specific classes or special classes, but otherwise they can be anything.

I was doing well with being patient, but now that it's a little less than twelve hours away time is moving so slowly. The absolute second this is on the eshop, they will have my money. My 3DS is ready. So hyped.

Chrom

Has there been any talk regarding other bits of free DLC or is the first pack just free for a bit as a promotion?

They haven't said anything, but I think it'll most likely take after how the DLC was handled in Japan. Only the very first DLC was free for a limited time, and Harvest of Bonds (a much later DLC episode) had a reduced price for a while.

Chapter 8 and Paralogue 3 spoilers:
is there anyway to save the three villagers in Ch 8?

This was a huge pain in the ass for me in Hard mode, especially since
they have absolutely no self-preservation instinct. If you had the staff that lets you teleport allies and NPCs next to the caster, that will help A LOT.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Chapter 8 and Paralogue 3 spoilers:
is there anyway to save the three villagers in Ch 8?

I managed to save all three. Strategy spoilers:
Hammer user to the right to take out the two Knights. One will hit a villager, but not kill them. Peg. Knights to clear out top right and Cavs head over the bridge south. Peg. Knights should start heading south west as soon as they're finished, so they can get ahead of the villager's path. I had Lissa constantly casting Rescue on the villagers, to pull them out of battle, but they're incredibly stupid and will head right back in there. Ignore the boss on the right until you're in a safe spot. Bring two healing units if necessary.
If you find you're not strong enough to leap in the fray to protect the villagers, just level up some more, since you can always come back to the Paralogue chapters later.

Ah, could have sworn that Marth was 250. If it's a little lower than I'm all for that! There's no way I'm NOT buying any of the DLC, way too much goodness to be had.
Especially with the old themes for the maps and such. Absolutely wonderful.

That said, I hope to gain more moneys to afford these. :x

Chrom

Geez. I didn't think there was that much. It must not all based around other FE games then right? I know there's a beach DLC or something like that.
dat Tharja

Yeah, there are two DLC series. The first is mostly centered around all these throwbacks, but the second, while not as long, focuses more on unique challenges.

ohlawd

Thanks! I just hope my R button functions correctly when I want to. It's been wonky for the past month. :(

I soft reset so much it's not even funny -_-
I'd go crazy if I had to reset by going to the home menu heh.

Me too. I'm still running with my original 2 gb SD. Maybe it's time for an upgrade...

Does the DLC take that much space? If each piece of DLC is big and there's 25 of them... oh man I should upgrade my SD card too.

zychi

Banned
this is kind of a weird question, but i figured since this is sort of related to me getting fire emblem i'd ask here.

did the December update kill the use of the ds action replays? i am getting mixed answers online, and was hoping someone in this thread who has their 3ds updated could tell me. my nephew enjoys playing games with cheats on, unlimited health etc, when i'm watching him, and i dont want to lose this ability.

the reason i'm asking is, i haven't updated my 3ds since last september, but if FE is hard to get around here, i may go digital. if i lose my action replay ability for ds, i may purchase a ds lite to allow me back to it, but i'd prefer to not have to spend money.

ptown

I haven't been looking much into this game, but for some reason, I now have a 3DS XL, an Fire Emblem awakening art book on the way, and the game pre-ordered...

This game must be... magical.

Still wondering if I should get this retail or digital.

On one hand, I prefer having hard copies of things, but on the other hand, I have no idea when I'll be able to go and get a hard copy of the game (probably not until Wednesday or next Thursday because I have exams the next two weeks).

:(

Chrom

Does the DLC take that much space? If each piece of DLC is big and there's 25 of them... oh man I should upgrade my SD card too.

I know that CoY1 takes up 30 blocks, so I'm not sure if a 2GB card could hold all of the DLC alone.

NeonZ

I don't think I've had any spotpass chapters. I've encountered random skirmishes, other players spotpass teams ( who you can recruit, fight or buy stuff from), there's legacy characters I've gotten from the bonus box, and the eshop dlc chapter...so far.

If it's anything like the Japanese release, it'll take a few weeks before Nintendo starts uploading the spotpass bonus chapters.

Socreges

Banned
Is it just me or is Miriel a terrible unit? Really crappy growths and her starting stats weren't great. Should I bother using her early on? I benched someone else in favour of her and am not sure why now.

ohlawd

Is it just me or is Miriel a terrible unit? Really crappy growths and her starting stats weren't great. Should I bother using her early on? I benched someone else in favour of her and am not sure why now.

You must be getting screwed over by the RNG Goddess.

Miriel was one of my strongest in my 1st run and she's performing like a beast on my 2nd run. Her magic and speed should go up almost all the time per level up. I think both have growth rates of 60%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom