• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

Uh... Guys?

I've run into a trouble here. You see, I live in Mexico, but since I don't want to spend so much on the Mexican eShop (it's almos $64 USD in here!), I changed my settings so that I can buy it from Alberta. However, the damn thing is throwing me: "Please add the postal code of the credit card", which in here is only 5 digits, but the eShop is asking for six.

What do I do?
The US eShop doesn't take US credit cards directly.

Two options:

- Buy directly from the Canadian store.
- Buy codes at Maximuscards.com and cash them on the US eShop. (MaxCards sends the code to your e-mail in a few minutes)

EDIT: Looks like you have a better solution.

Lucentto

Banned
Looks like I might be going eShop then. I usually like to get retail due to the option to resale. This looks like a game I may never sale though, my first Fire Emblem, I am too hype to wait.

zroid

Banned
lol @ "adding two zeros" to get a Canadian postal code. That is most definitely not how it works, haha. Well if they accepted it, it shouldn't matter.

Marche90

lol @ "adding two zeros" to get a Canadian postal code. That is most definitely not how it works, haha. Well if they accepted it, it shouldn't matter.

It just asks for the Postal Code of the credit card, which means that if the card isn't from Canada, it won't follow the same system as those. (Ie. My postal code is XXX37, those X representing numbers) I just added a zero and problem solved.

SlickVic

Heh, didn't realize they charge sales tax on the eShop. Think I might just save that $2.50 and order off Amazon since I don't have to have this Day 1.

Tunavi

Banned
DO any of you have jobs?

MtZ9N.gif

zroid

Banned
It just asks for the Postal Code of the credit card, which means that if the card isn't from Canada, it won't follow the same system as those. (Ie. My postal code is XXX37, those X representing numbers) I just added a zero and problem solved.

Yeah, what I meant was, the syntax of Canadian postal codes is alternating letters and numerals, so adding two zeros doesn't make sense :p

But evidently they don't actually check your entry down to that level, lol. It probably doesn't even matter what you put there.

Effect

Game downloaded faster then I expected. Anyone using their or just a real name for your character? Curious.

Always liked for characters to have a real name but this name will be sent via street pass. Not like I'll be doing that anyway so guess it really doesn't matter if use my name for my character in the end.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
DO any of you have jobs?

Tonight and tomorrow are my days off. So it works out for me. Though tomorrow I'll spend all day trying to find a copy since I'm now paranoid about losing a full retail game if my 3ds breaks.

Morris

Disco Devil
Uh... Guys?

I've run into a trouble here. You see, I live in Mexico, but since I don't want to spend so much on the Mexican eShop (it's almos $64 USD in here!), I changed my settings so that I can buy it from Alberta. However, the damn thing is throwing me: "Please add the postal code of the credit card", which in here is only 5 digits, but the eShop is asking for six.

What do I do?

Did you use a mexican credit card? I'm highly tempted to just buy it digital, as you said, it's way more expensive here...

Marche90

By full time student you mean unemployed and in debt correct? ;)

Not really, thank God. The education in here isn't as expensive as it is in the US so my parents cover that. Next year, though... I'm starting to get scared about that lol

EDIT:
Did you use a mexican credit card? I'm highly tempted to just buy it digital, as you said, it's way more expensive here...

Debit card, actually. And yes, it worked like a charm. That saved me almost $270 pesos (That's $22 USD, for everyone else)

Magpul

Banned
I have to be honest here, I currently don't. But Im still waiting for calls, emails, exam and interview results which will take some time anyway. Besides, its 2pm in my country so Im not staying up late.

I know how hard it is. It took me 6 months to get a job here in the US after being unemployed for a year, its hard, but if you don't give up it works out in the end.

JohnTonne

So how big is a save file? I had to delete some data to just get under the default 2GB card's limit, I'll have 30 blocks left over.

Roto13

So how big is a save file? I had to delete some data to just get under the default 2GB card's limit, I'll have 30 blocks left over.

Save file is included in the game data itself. (Which is lame because that means you can't delete/redownload the game without deleting your save data.)

Thoraxes

Game is downloading. Any starter tips while I wait?

Be sure to unveil/burn all the plagued grains (har har)

Just go in ready for fun, and if you want to have an easier time, play on casual to save yourself from retstarting levels a lot (because perma-death on your dudes) if you're OK with that.

NeededSleep

So is this like the early fire emblem where is very linear and on tracks where you cant grind out levels before progressing? Or is it more free roaming and you can do story line whenever like FFT/OT.

So is this like the early fire emblem where is very linear and on tracks where you cant grind out levels before progressing? Or is it more free roaming and you can do story line whenever like FFT/OT.

More like FFT/OT, as you are able to fight skirmishes on the world map.

timnich

I just levelled up Donnel to level 10 expecting him to promote...only to find out he doesn't promote to anything. What's so special about him then? I'm hoping I didn't go through all that trouble for nothing...

Moonlight

Banned
Play the game, and when you get a little past the tutorial, an island will open up called 'Outrealm Gate', it's the storefront.

ryushe

Really don't wanna go digital for this game, but I know Best Buy and GameStop are a no-go and somehow I doubt Nintendo World is going to have copies in the morning. Decisions, decisions...

Digital copy saves are stuck on the file, right? So even if I were to get a physical copy later on, I wouldn't be able to continue my save from my downloaded copy, correct?

Jarsonot

Downloading, looking forward to it!

First fire emblem, though I played the shit out of final fantasy tactics and some disgaea.

I'm kinda worried about the whole promotion thing. From what I understand it's basically changing job classes, but I don't yet have a grasp on the benefits or risks of promoting a character. I hate being 20 hours into something to find out I can no longer do "X" because I messed something up 4 hours ago =)

That said, I figure I'll end up playing this at least a few times if it hooks me like FFT did, so whatever - first playthrough's a practice playthrough anyway, right?

TWILT

Banned
Have fun everyone! ;)
I just levelled up Donnel to level 10 expecting him to promote...only to find out he doesn't promote to anything. What's so special about him then? I'm hoping I didn't go through all that trouble for nothing...

You can change classes with an item called, "Second Seal." I never used Donnel myself, but he has some really good growth rates, and can become really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom