• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm bad, I must have played on easy mode or something for the GBA ones. Super pumped that this game is actually making me think about my moves though.

Well the GBA ones were pretty easy since you could easily have a high amount of avoid and the enemy will have crap hit.

Busaiku

Still works. Let Freddy get into the edge of the enemy's range and let him sponge damage. Just make sure your other units are close by so they can attack the enemy next turn.

Does this work on Lunatic too?

Can't believe I never thought of that.
Played the heck out of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and I never knew you could disarm yourself.

ohlawd

Does this work on Lunatic too?

Can't believe I never thought of that.
Played the heck out of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and I never knew you could disarm yourself.

Should still work on Lunatic but at a lesser extent. He won't be sponging damage for long compared to the other difficulties.

Noooooooo, what's a Jagen trap?

No worries, I got my avatar leveled up and my other teammates are working hard too!

It's that one unit every FE game has that its really powerful at the beginning of the game, but in the end won't be as good as the other units. If you keep using him, that's less EXP for everyone else to level up, so if you use that character more than the others, you're going to be underleved.

It's that one unit every FE game has that its really powerful at the beginning of the game, but in the end won't be as good as the other units. If you keep using him, that's less EXP for everyone else to level up, so if you use that character more than the others, you're going to be underleved.
Though that's only really a risk in past Fire Emblem games that have a finite amount of encounters. You can fight as much as you want in this one.

And Frederick stat's are not that of a typical Jagen. He's a very capable unit.

Edit: Plus, with infinite re-classing, you have unprecedented control over your units' growth.

Hale-XF11

OK, thanks I suspected as much.

Just tried the hubba tester for the first time and Lissa thinks I'm "freaky." ^_______^

Just out of curiosity to anyone planning on doing Lunatic. Do you guys plan to play it "fair and square" or the moment you can "break" it you'll do so?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just out of curiosity to anyone planning on doing Lunatic. Do you guys plan to play it "fair and square" or the moment you can "break" it you'll do so?

I don't know about this game, but this is from playing past FE games so let me put it this way:

In Lunatic, there is no notion of "fair and square" from the computer when the players are forced to overcome many ridiculous odds. I mean, in FE12 you can't even pass the Lunatic's 1st tutorial level if you pick mage! Hahaha.

So! Forget fair and square!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I caved in and bought the digital version.

Sprite art :(

Game now :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't know about this game, but this is from playing past FE games so let me put it this way:

In Lunatic, there is no notion of "fair and square" from the computer when the players are forced to overcome many ridiculous odds. I mean, in FE12 you can't even pass the Lunatic's 1st tutorial level if you pick mage! Hahaha.

So! Forget fair and square!

Excellent

Have Luck as your flaw and any of the others as your asset. There.
But the asset/flaw you choose have other implications other than your own unit's growth so yeah.

hmmmm thinking speed atm. If my memory is correct, speed has always been a good stat, or at the very least stop dudes from wacking your guy twice.

GaimeGuy

Got a question:

How does the leveling/class progression work in this FE? Previous FE's have had either the 20/20 or the 20/20/10 route, but progression was always 1 way,

GaimeGuy

It resets the levels but keeps the stats the unit has gained.

Wait what? So you go from a level 20 mage to a level 1 Sage. You grow that Sage to level 20.

You can then reclass to a level 1 mage with the states of the level 20 sage?

ohlawd

Wait what? So you go from a level 20 mage to a level 1 Sage. You grow that Sage to level 20.

You can then reclass to a level 1 mage with the states of the level 20 sage?

No. Every class has a base set of stats and reclassing will adjust your stats accordingly.

It's like switching from a Mage to a Fighter. You'll lose some magic when you reclass but that's to be expected since Fighters have low magic. This doesn't mean you'll lose those magic points forever.

GaimeGuy

No. Every class has a base set of stats and reclassing will adjust your stats accordingly.

It's like switching from a Mage to a Fighter. You'll lose some magic when you reclass but that's to be expected since Fighters have low magic. This doesn't mean you'll lose those magic points forever.

So tell me, do you go back to level 1 every time you reclass (whether it be going from a base class to a promoted class, promoted to base, base to base, or promoted to another promoted)? Or do you maintain a level from 1-20 across all base classes, and a separate level of 1-20 across all promoted classes?

Yes, you go back to lv1 and some stats go up or down because of the class‘ base stats, but you‘ll still have all those points you got from leveling up, allowing you to have stats way higher than you would usually have at lv1.

The first turn in the first few chapters seems like they only gives you a very narrow set of options or risk a units death. I don't remember the games being this hard in the past. Not that I'm complaining its just brutal.

I know half gaf is already playing this, but here in PAL-Land we have to wait for another two months.

Any news on when are we getting the demo in Europe?

Chapter 3 was surprisingly a pain in the ass. Also, the randomness of adjacent friendly units attacking fucked me over and caused me to reset. I can see it happening in the future a lot, too. Fuck.

Yes, you go back to lv1 and some stats go up or down because of the class‘ base stats, but you‘ll still have all those points you got from leveling up, allowing you to have stats way higher than you would usually have at lv1.

Jeez. I'll do my best not to break that mechanic. That's the good thing about finite EXP. You don't have to set rules for yourself not to cheat the game.

Forkball

Is selling items the only way to get money? Also is there no way to up the uses of an item? I forged Chrom's rapier, and when the uses go away will it be unusable? What's the point of forging items then?

Koodo

Banned
Is selling items the only way to get money? Also is there no way to up the uses of an item? I forged Chrom's rapier, and when the uses go away will it be unusable? What's the point of forging items then?
Selling is the only way to get money. I was cash strapped for the first dozen of chapters or so, but afterwards the game just seems to start throwing more bullions and I never had money issues again.

I never found forging to be particularly useful since weapons can't be repaired, though some people use it to give underpowered units an extra fighting chance.

Prax

I only forge weapons for fun when I have extra cash laying around, but man them class changing seals cost a pretty penny. >_> So I will be saving up on my soup cubes (bullions lol I keep thinking of them as bouillons)

I am only on chapter 10 right now. xD

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
God it's still not available in my country (the retail, it's cheaper).

I swear if it's not yet out tomorrow...

Shiggie

Question: how do I get Donnel on my team? It says I have to level him up but I can't get him to attack for some reason. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom