• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoof

Downloading this right now! Pretty excited since I've only played Shadow Dragon and a little bit of the Ambassador one :)

Chrom

Digital copy saves are stuck on the file, right? So even if I were to get a physical copy later on, I wouldn't be able to continue my save from my downloaded copy, correct?

All copies of the game that you play are treated separately.

So how do I make the most of him? Change classes now at level 10 or keep levelling him?

The latter. You want his other skill.

Kazerei

Banned
I just levelled up Donnel to level 10 expecting him to promote...only to find out he doesn't promote to anything. What's so special about him then? I'm hoping I didn't go through all that trouble for nothing...

High growth rate. He's basically the guy who is weaker than average for most of the game, but becomes ridiculously strong later on.

You should level him to 15 before reclassing, because Villagers learn a skill at that level.

DonMigs85

Really don't wanna go digital for this game, but I know Best Buy and GameStop are a no-go and somehow I doubt Nintendo World is going to have copies in the morning. Decisions, decisions...

Digital copy saves are stuck on the file, right? So even if I were to get a physical copy later on, I wouldn't be able to continue my save from my downloaded copy, correct?

Nintendo actually has a tool coming out that lets you transfer cart saves to the digital version, not sure if the other way around is possible though.

timnich

High growth rate. He's basically the guy who is weaker than average for most of the game, but becomes ridiculously strong later on.

You should level him to 15 before reclassing, because Villagers learn a skill at that level.
Cool, thanks! I'm just glad I didn't waste my time (abd prcious exp!) bringing him into battle.

(Hopefully) I'm getting the game tomorrow (I pre-ordered so they better damn have it >__>), so might as well ask right now. If I want a MU balanced in both strength and magic what should I choose?

your router or ISP sucks

Well, he seems to be in Mexico. We don't exactly have what is called a decent internet.

Mr. Fix

(Hopefully) I'm getting the game tomorrow (I pre-ordered so they better damn have it >__>), so might as well ask right now. If I want a MU balanced in both strength and magic what should I choose?

Either one. I favored magic, but strength is only 4 points behind (late 20s). Unlike most classes which have better chances at increasing one or the other the Avatar's gains are pretty well-rounded, regardless of which you choose.

ISP. Sucks WAY too much. Slow as hell, also (only 3.5 mb)

Could be worse, but, eh.

EDIT:
Sad, but true. You couldn't have worded it better, my friend.

What's your internet company anyways?

Personally, I always find it hilarious that in commercials they always try to pass the connections as fast. "Wow look at those 5mbs! You'll be surfing the internet at lightspeed!"

Either one. I favored magic, but strength is only 4 points behind (late 20s). Unlike most classes which have better chances at increasing one or the other the Avatar's gains are pretty well-rounded, regardless of which you choose.

Well, I meant what should I choose as his asset and flaw that wouldn't hinder neither his STR and MAG growths?

Mr. Fix

Well, I meant what should I choose as his asset and flaw that would result in an MU with the most balanced STR and MAG possible?

+Mag and -Luck worked for me. I'm sure +STR and -Luck would also work, but it really depends on whether you plan on using weapons or tomes more.

Hale-XF11

lol, the support conversations between Chrom and Frederick are hilarious. I can already tell I'm going to love this game.

Marche90

What's your internet company anyways?

Personally, I always find it hilarious that in commercials they always try to pass the connections as fast. "Wow look at those 5mbs! You'll be surfing the internet at lightspeed!"

Telmex. Would love to change companies, but since I rent where I live, I can't do anything about it since the service comes with the apartment. Axtel would be a choice, for example. A friend of mine was with them until a few days ago (changed where he lived), and 20 mbps aren't too shabby, especially here.

And yes, those commercials are a joke.

EDIT: IT'S HERE!!! TIME TO PLAY!

EDIT2: Also, it's weird. How long until the coins appear in my Club Nintendo account?

Uh... so if I lower the voice volume to nothing, am I going to miss something in some video cutscenes? Because everybody is very chatty in this game.

DonMigs85

I'm planning to start with Normal + Classic. Or should I go Hard + Casual?
I did manage to beat Path of Radiance on Hard, but not Radiant Dawn.

chrono01

Quick question is Normal really Easy? I've only played the original GBA FE.

I've never played a Fire Emblem game before this one, so I went with Normal. From what I've read, it gets a bit more difficult when Promoted classes are introduced, but nothing terribly challenging. I'm on Chapter 6 [just leveling up some of my Warriors in Skirmish's] and am having a great time. It's not "hard", but I still need to be careful not to rush the enemy. Hard Mode, on the other hand, is quite a step up. The ideal difficulty for Normal would be somewhere between Normal/Hard.

I've decided to complete my play-through on Normal, and then use the remaining two save files for my Hard/Lunatic play-throughs. Of course I'll be going Classic all of the way, none of that Casual nonsense. :)

I'm planning to start with Normal + Classic. Or should I go Hard + Casual?

Out of those two, definitely Normal + Classic. The whole premise of Fire Emblem is to avoid death and the permanent loss of your character. If you do lose one, you have to make the difficult decision of whether to reset your file [and possibly lose an hour of progress] or continue on with the loss. It makes the battles a lot more exciting, and honestly, I can't see it being played any other way.

But that's just my opinion.

Normal is what it says on the tin: for newcomers. I personally find it very easy.

What if I'm not exactly a newcomer, but the only FE I've ever managed to beat is Sacred Stones? In every other one I played I always seem to reach a point that just makes me ragequit :| (7 twice, the mission when you recruit Jaffar and Nino, and again near the end. PoR in the ship because fucking criticals and then the 4 part chapter because of the same. SD...well I kinda got bored there).

Telmex. Would love to change companies, but since I rent where I live, I can't do anything about it since the service comes with the apartment. Axtel would be a choice, for example. A friend of mine was with them until a few days ago (changed where he lived), and 20 mbps aren't too shabby, especially here.

And yes, those commercials are a joke.

EDIT: IT'S HERE!!! TIME TO PLAY!

Axtel would certainly be the best choice if it wasn't as expensive as it is compared to everything else =.=

So on hard enemies really seem to find the most optimum route to destroying low HP characters huh. I was not ready for them to just blow past dudes to just to get a hit on a character all the way in the back.

Not a bad thing, just something I'll have to get use to. I'm probably a SRPG scrub since I've only played Tactics Advance and what FE was on the GBA.

So on hard enemies really seem to find the most optimum route to destroying low HP characters huh. I was not ready for them to just blow past dudes to just to get a hit on a character all the way in the back.

Not a bad thing, just something I'll have to get use to. I'm probably a SRPG scrub since I've only played Tactics Advance and what FE was on the GBA.

That's pretty normal for FE. They'll usually target the ones that can't fight back or the ones that they'll deal the most damage too.

Saprol

Displaying the enemy attack range with X or by highlighting with A is really helpful for seeing if you've got your squishies covered, or you're trying to avoid certain weaknesses.

ohlawd

Yeah. I don't want to miss important stuff in the fancy cutscenes, but I want everyone to shut up during combat.

well if you didn't know, you can change your settings by pressing A on an empty square.
You can adjust sound and opacity of the backgrounds, turn on subtitles, etc.

I also suggest switching from Digital to Analog.

well if you didn't know, you can change your settings by pressing A on an empty square.
You can adjust sound and opacity of the backgrounds, turn on subtitles, etc.

I also suggest switching from Digital to Analog.

Yeah. I saw that. But you can only turn off "story voices" not "combat voices". It's not really a big deal though.

jackal27

Banned
Just finished doing a run to the different Wal-Marts around town and it looks like nobody has it. Really disappointed. It seems that there may be some hope with Toys R Us in the morning, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Freaking stupid.

ohlawd

Does disarming Frederick and using him as a meatshield/bait still work here or would they ignore him for statistically weaker units?

Still works. Let Freddy get into the edge of the enemy's range and let him sponge damage. Just make sure your other units are close by so they can attack the enemy next turn.

Yeah. I saw that. But you can only turn off "story voices" not "combat voices". It's not really a big deal though.
Guess so :/

"HYAAAAAAAAH"
"OOOOOOOOH"
"THANKS"
"EEEEEEEEEEEK"

That's pretty normal for FE. They'll usually target the ones that can't fight back or the ones that they'll deal the most damage too.

Yeah I'm bad, I must have played on easy mode or something for the GBA ones. Super pumped that this game is actually making me think about my moves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom