• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachaos

So I'm at Paralogue 2 and
I tried rushing the village with Sumia and Frederik but didn't get there in time for it to be saved as I had to switch to Frederik halfway through because of archers. Anna also got downed and said she would ''close shop for the day'' (I'm on Classic, that means it still will have some impact right ?). What was there in the village ? Edit : I haven't talked to Anna yet

Joule

I tried rushing the village with Sumia and Frederik but didn't get there in time for it to be saved as I had to switch to Frederik halfway through because of archers. Anna also got downed and said she would ''close shop for the day'' (I'm on Classic, that means it still will have some impact right ?). What was there in the village ? Edit : I haven't talked to Anna yet

A Physic staff. Healing staff that has range 1 - Magic stat/2

Emitan

I can't do it either.

Try to rush there with Sumia but she gets hit by an archer and I have to waste a turn killing it or healing and I don't make it in time.

KirbyKid

I got a few people contributing to the FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING SURVEY but I need more.

Here are a few things to keep in mind.

Submit as much information as you want.
Contribute as many times as you want. The more the better.
Don't worry about missing consecutive opportunities to submit.
Don't worry about keeping up with other players. Play on your time. Submit on your time.
Don't worry about writing what sounds good. Just be honest even if have complaints or a rant to give.
Again, honesty and details is what I need. Describing specific mission formations and scenarios is great.
Don't worry about how good or bad you are at the game.

Here's the blog post where I explain the project. You might want to bookmark this page so you always have the survey link handy.

Delio

I would have resorted to that too had I been unable to find a physical copy, but as convenient as digital distribution is, I still prefer having the thing in my hand in some cases.

I do want it in my hand but I don't want to wait a week to even get this and running to store to store wbhen I don't have a stable car is a no go.

Teknoman

I got a few people contributing to the FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING SURVEY but I need more.

Here are a few things to keep in mind.

Submit as much information as you want.
Contribute as many times as you want. The more the better.
Don't worry about missing consecutive opportunities to submit.
Don't worry about keeping up with other players. Play on your time. Submit on your time.
Don't worry about writing what sounds good. Just be honest even if have complaints or a rant to give.
Again, honesty and details is what I need. Describing specific mission formations and scenarios is great.
Don't worry about how good or bad you are at the game.

Here's the blog post where I explain the project. You might want to bookmark this page so you always have the survey link handy.

Done...now to hold out hope that my Gamestop doesnt accidentally sell my preorder...whenever that hits.

Hale-XF11

This is interesting. I was just reading through the manual and it says "the system clock can trigger changes in the game." I wonder what that's all about.

This is interesting. I was just reading through the manual and it says "the system clock can trigger changes in the game." I wonder what that's all about.

It is probably referring to the Barracks. Basically after some time past, you can check back in and one of your characters could have found an item, got a temp. stat boost, increase support points, or gain some exp. It's similar to FE12's How's Everyone feature in the preparations menu.

Hale-XF11

It is probably referring to the Barracks. Basically after some time past, you can check back in and one of your characters could have found an item, got a temp. stat boost, increase support points, or gain some exp. It's similar to FE12's How's Everyone feature in the preparations menu.

Neat. I guess I haven't unlocked that yet. This game has way more content than I was expecting, even though I didn't really know what to expect since this is my first FE and SRPG game. I look forward to trying that out.

Midou

Neat. I guess I haven't unlocked that yet. This game has way more content than I was expecting, even though I didn't really know what to expect since this is my first FE and SRPG game. I look forward to trying that out.

Well to be fair the Barracks conversations are terribly generic, but you can occasionally get some good loot out of it.

Midou

So should I pair Donnel with someone like Frederick or Lon to get him leveled?

Yeah, if you can get him to D rank in swords, he will have a much easier time finishing stuff off with steel weapons if you have any. I got him to level 15 so he gets all his villager skills, then used a second seal to turn him into a mercenary, then a couple levels after 10 turned him into a hero, and he is beast.

Playing on Classic/Hard my first playthrough.

It would seem I forgot what a single arrow can do to a pegasus rider, which is a ONE HIT KILL FROM FULL HP TO ZERO.

Whelp, goodbye Sumia. Your entrance was awesome and it's a shame it all ended so quickly for you.

Tyeforce

Any suggestions for what I should set my avatar's strength and weakness as? I'm new to Fire Emblem so I have no ideal what would be ideal, lol.

NeonZ

It's the barracks. Some of the dialogue changes according to the time of the day and I think more events are activated according to the clock (in addition to finishing skirmishes/chapters). There are also supposed to be birthday events.

Setre

Having a really stupid problem that's keeping me from playing the game: can't decide on my avatars appearance. What did everyone else go with? I hate being anal about this sort of shit but for some reason I am.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having a really stupid problem that's keeping me from playing the game: can't decide on my avatars appearance. What did everyone else go with? I hate being anal about this sort of shit but for some reason I am.

I did the short male type with the headband. So my relationship with Sully is extra weird.

My dude has a sick pompadour. Hopefully it'll woo Sully or Miriem (or both).

chrono01

Standard height with Black/Spiky hair. Voice #2, and named after myself.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I hear a backhand is quite convincing ;)

maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif

I recently sold my Ambassador 3DS on eBay for $170...I was having a hard time deciding if I should get the 3DS XL MK 7 Bundle for $200 or the Fire Emblem 3DS Bundle for $200. I called Gamestop earlier and they said today is the LAST day to reserve the bundle, if you don't reserve it you will not get it! I'm definitely going to get it now after hearing that also because that makes me 100% positive the resell value will be higher long term than a 3DS XL would. Did I make the right decision ;D

Ken

Is there any downside to letting Fredrick kill everything since he seems pretty good at one-shotting even the stuff that would almost kill my other troops. Only on chapter 4 though casual normal though.

Playing on Classic/Hard my first playthrough.

It would seem I forgot what a single arrow can do to a pegasus rider, which is a ONE HIT KILL FROM FULL HP TO ZERO.

Whelp, goodbye Sumia. Your entrance was awesome and it's a shame it all ended so quickly for you.

Yeah when this happened to me I decided I wasn't sticking to "100% no restarting missions, no matter what." I didn't realize she'd be one-shotted, and didn't think I should punish myself permanently for that mistake (the first time). I am now much more careful when I see archers!

Sumia is a big asset for my squad, glad I kept her!

Is there any downside to letting Fredrick kill everything since he seems pretty good at one-shotting even the stuff that would almost kill my other troops. Only on chapter 4 though casual normal though.

Check the last page - people mention you should bench him in the beginning to level up some of your other teammates, otherwise he hogs all the XP. Others brought up that XP is not finite, so maybe not a big deal to let him be a sponge. It might mean more grinding though.

There's always a downside to doing that with any character. Namely, that character will get all the XP, and your others will suffer from the lack of XP.

Yeah, a single kill gets Frederick a fraction of the EXP that a weaker unit would get. Those weaker units need that EXP to grow stronger and eventually surpass Frederick. If this was most other FE games you'd be screwed since there's a limited amount of EXP in the entire game, but here you should probably grind out some levels to make up for what you gave Frederick. He's really just there to be used as a crutch, and then once everyone else catches up to him, you can actually use him normally.

Your other units won't gain the exp and Fredrick will gain less exp per kill compared to what your other units will probably gain. Basically, weakening the entire team expect Fredrick.

Tyeforce

Any suggestions for what I should set my avatar's strength and weakness as? I'm new to Fire Emblem so I have no ideal what would be ideal, lol.
Anyone? I want to start the game but I don't want to screw myself over with my stats, lol. Does it matter much?

Anyone? I want to start the game but I don't want to screw myself over with my stats, lol. Does it matter much?

It won't matter that much. Just choose what kind of character you want your avatar to be. A mage, a sword user, a speedy guy, the tank and choose according to which stats boost what, like magic for a mage, strength for sword user, speed for speedy guy or defense for tank.

Alright so I really love Fire Emblem and I really want to play this game. I however do not own a 3ds. I am seriously considering picking one up, so my question is this. 3ds and 3ds xl or whatever what are the differences, if this (and maybe one other game) are the only ones I will ever play (unless the other fire emblems are backwards compatible?) What one should I go with and why? Basically i'm on the edge. I just need to be talked into getting one so please talk me into it! :D

Roto13

What stats to use as the strength and weakness is entirely dependant on what kind of character you want your avatar to be. He can do anything.

Mr. Fix

The 3D is glorious.

Alright so I really love Fire Emblem and I really want to play this game. I however do not own a 3ds. I am seriously considering picking one up, so my question is this. 3ds and 3ds xl or whatever what are the differences, if this (and maybe one other game) are the only ones I will ever play (unless the other fire emblems are backwards compatible?) What one should I go with and why? Basically i'm on the edge. I just need to be talked into getting one so please talk me into it! :D

Unfortunately the 3DS' can't play GBA games. For the most part, 3DS games look the same on an XL.

XL has a better battery life and bigger screen. It's also harder to lose focus on the 3D with a bigger screen, but there's more crosstalk. Only colors for XL are red and blue, if you care. It may be more comfortable for your hands. 3DS can play DS games. I'm sure you'll find some other games to make a purchase worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom