• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I don't think anyone cares but I updated my character caption sheet

ibfls5AC4pnWXJ.png

lol: Tiki's and Nowi's

Mmm, I'm wrestling with whether or not to rename my character's name. I usually prefer to keep the "canonical" names but I'm not crazy about "Robin".

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone here doing a no-restart run on their first playthrough? I'd like to think that's more fun in a way, but I bet that changes when you lose your first character.

What do you do if your avatar goes down? He's the only one I've had killed so far. Moved in front of Stahl to protect him and ended up taking a 36 point critical axe to the face.

Genealogy is too far down! Also, how come there's a map name displayed? I thought spotpass teams are placed on the world map at random?

It's the sidequests that are also sent out via SpotPass.

So I realized that I had forgotten that I had picked up the Fire Emblem game for GameCube. Is it worth a plauthrough?

It's not a bad game. I think it looks pretty bland especially in battle, but it was IS first go at it.

Okay chapter 5 has just pissed me off. Seems no matter what I do my units stats are just 1 too low to win against swarms of dragons. Down to Normal difficulty for me then...

Socreges

Banned
So I realized that I had forgotten that I had picked up the Fire Emblem game for GameCube. Is it worth a plauthrough?
Path of Radiance is normally very popular among fans of the series. The graphics are a bit dated, as mentioned above, but you get used to it -- amazing game in every other respect.

Is anyone here doing a no-restart run on their first playthrough? I'd like to think that's more fun in a way, but I bet that changes when you lose your first character.

Yes.

Hard/Classic/no restarts. So far, no lost characters except my Avatar on Chapter 4, which prompted a mandatory restart of course.

So I find Sully to be awesome and her
daughter looks awesome as well
. Any suggestions on making them awesome battle wise? Husband, classes, etc?

KarmaCow

Okay chapter 5 has just pissed me off. Seems no matter what I do my units stats are just 1 too low to win against swarms of dragons. Down to Normal difficulty for me then...

Yea that's where I was considering dropping to Normal. Wind and archery destroy dragons so you can try luring them out with sword users, then using other units to finish them off.

I'm currently banging my head against the wall Paralogue 2, trying to get to the village before Anna dies or an enemy unit gets there. It just seems like I'm always 1 turn too late.

Mr. Fix

It's the sidequests that are also sent out via SpotPass.

Oh right.

Genealogy Mystletainn The Radiant Hero

2 more months, dammit.

So I find Sully to be awesome and her
daughter looks awesome as well
. Any suggestions on making them awesome battle wise? Husband, classes, etc?

Sully's
daughter
is an absolute beast as a Great Knight.

Yea that's where I was considering dropping to Normal. Wind and archery destroy dragons so you can try luring them out with sword users, then using other units to finish them off.

I'm currently banging my head against the wall Paralogue 2, trying to get to the village before Anna dies or an enemy unit gets there. It just seems like I'm always 1 turn too late.

Don't worry about Anna dying in Paralogue 2. You recruit her in Paralogue 4.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh, 1st moving boss-range just ate the slowly becoming not-terrible Donnel alive.

Welp.

And my fave quote on a 1-stat level so far has to be Mirabelle's "this is completely unacceptable", lol.

Pairing seems to be really not as good for actually spreading xp unless the activation rank is high due to support levels. I've mainly been using it to make Donnel able to kill things, but i'm still weakening them so much that the dual strike doesn't even have a chance to activate, lol.

Edit: oh, and my first spot-pass is a level 20 or something Nergal with a band of presumably 2nd tier baddies. Thanks but no thanks >_>.

Thank goodness for Best Buy. It took 3 guys to look in the back for this game but they pulled through. :3

Yes! It's my favorite game in the series, barring maybe this one.

Trike

Well Gamestop didn't get their shipment in yet, and I got some weird response from the dude there. Guess I won't be playing this today.

If you guys are looking for it, check Target. Before the stores opened all of them said out of stock for me, but now that they are open, about the 10 closet stores say its in stock.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-04%20at%2011.53.06%20AM.png
If anyone was wondering, I went and picked up a copy. They had 4 of them counting the display one. That was at 2pm. So it was accurate for me, your mileage may vary.

If anyone was wondering, I went and picked up a copy. They had 4 of them counting the display one. That was at 2pm. So it was accurate for me, your mileage may vary.

I went early this afternoon after checking the Target website for in-stock locations, and they didn't even have them out. The guy went in back and found them.

Mmm, I'm wrestling with whether or not to rename my character's name. I usually prefer to keep the "canonical" names but I'm not crazy about "Robin".

Don't think of it as a 'canonical' name, because it's really not, in the usual sense. It's more like 'the name we give you if you can't think of anything better'. The official name for them is 'Avatar'.

bart64

Banned
Normal is already kicking my butt on chapter four. I take back anything I said about no restart, can't imagine going on with half my dudes. Game is so polished though that restarting is a welcome way to learning new things and getting to savor the uniqueness of each level. Haven't played a game this demanding for years and I'm loving it.

Busaiku

Alright, got it from Target.

Is the Gamestop game with the artbook in different packaging?
Or is the artbook separate like with Xenoblade Chronicles?

Dunno what I'm gonna do with my 2nd copy now...

Heard that is is separate. So some stores probably already have the artbook but not the game.

chrono01

The artbook comes stand-alone and not packaged with the game [ala Xenoblade Chronicles].

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably been asked but did they shift the difficulties one tier down for the US version of this? Like JP easy -> US normal, JP normal -> US hard etc. ? Or is it only the casual mode addition?

It's probably been asked but did they shift the difficulties one tier down for the US version of this? Like JP easy -> US normal, JP normal -> US hard etc. ? Or is it only the casual mode addition?

The difficulty levels are the same as in the Japanese version. Casual mode is also in the Japanese version.

Item Box

If you guys are looking for it, check Target. Before the stores opened all of them said out of stock for me, but now that they are open, about the 10 closet stores say its in stock.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-04%20at%2011.53.06%20AM.png

Well shit, after checking 4 gamestops and a best buy, the one place I didn't expect to have it has it in stock.

Is the artbook worth it? If not, I'll just cancel my GS pre-order and get a copy at target tomorrow.

Mr. Fix

Nah, the names for the difficulties were kept the same. They had casual too I think.

Just had my first casualty in Chapter 5...

Ricken noooooooooooo ;_; Oh well you did disobey orders so you kinda got what was coming. He got 2 hit by a Myrmidon though

As much as I want to start over, doing this Nuzlocke style so I have to resist.

Mr. Fix

Just had my first casualty in Chapter 5...

Ricken noooooooooooo ;_; Oh well you did disobey orders so you kinda got what was coming. He got 2 hit by a Myrmidon though

As much as I want to start over, doing this Nuzlocke style so I have to resist.

You could have Ricken and Maribelle pair up, and use a rescue staff to bring them closer to you if you have one.

I cancelled my pre-order and went digital.

I'm a weak person. Worst part is that I decided to buy a bigger SD card at the same time because "why the hell not" making it overall a more expensive decision...

Wilsongt

What the goddamn? I swear, some of the growths in this game are crazy. I've had several level ups where everyone got something in every stat except their least used stat.

Mr. Fix

Ricken's already gone though, that's the sad thing. If Chrom didn't miss hitting a bandit everything would've been perfectly fine.

The RNG is truly something else sometimes. There are times though when a similar situation happens where there may be a unit far from your team's protection. The rescue staff is the key for times like those.

What the goddamn? I swear, some of the growths in this game are crazy. I've had several level ups where everyone got something in every stat except their least used stat.

I'm pretty sure the growths in this game are better than the others. Though I never follow the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom