• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Um... If someone dies in DLC, they dead for good?

If you're playing Classic? Yes, it's a standard chapter. The only difference is that you can replay it to get the DLC character again if the DLC character dies, but his level will be reset.

Why is the Japanese and English audio so inconsistent in when it decides to play...

It's a bug with the Japanese audio setting. If you set the audio to Japanese and then reset or leave the game, when you restart the only thing in Japanese will be the CGs. To fix that, you need to choose English, save, and only afterwards go back to Japanese - every time you restart the game.

So I was also curious, what 'happens' when a character dies. Like does the game have any sort of mention or dialog "Oh yeah, so and so is dead. Bummer". But I was really surprised/disappointed that the game made no mention.

In fact it would be my only criticism of the game so far, 4.5 hours in. I thought the game should have some kind of "grave yard" or something where you can see your fallen soliders. Or maybe the other characters mention that so and so died, or have a "funeral" or SOMETHING. It's like: "Oh yeah someone died, make no mention."

It seems really out of place for a game with perma-death. I know I know I'm nitpicking a series staple, but I love the game. So I'm reaching for something to criticize I guess!

I thought that too. Even a post mission memorial. But the grave yard idea is awesome.

Also, WTF @ end of Chapter 9 (spoilers, don't click):
Phila murdered, the Pegasus knights slaughtered, and now I have to choose whether to sacrifice Emmeryn?

I dunno what choice to make.

Busaiku

All these stat gains have been great thus far.
But it's only the prologue...

It also seems harder than the demo for some reason.
I dunno, maybe I relied on Frederick more during the demo.

Also, the enemies will simply not go for Frederick in Lunatic.
Even with no items or equips, they always tried to get me that Game Over.
Well, there's no way I can handle Lunatic given that, so I'm just stuck on Hard...

hitmon

I thought that too. Even a post mission memorial. But the grave yard idea is awesome.

Also, WTF @ end of Chapter 9 (spoilers, don't click):
Phila murdered, the Pegasus knights slaughtered, and now I have to choose whether to sacrifice Emmeryn?

I dunno what choice to make.

Don't think it matters.

Socreges

Banned
So the random (?) Challenge battles on the map... should I be able to beat them when they first appear? My units are mostly levels 3-7,yet the first challenge has enemies leveled 8-10. Am I able to return to them later, or do they disappear?

hitmon

So the random (?) Challenge battles on the map... should I be able to beat them when they first appear? My units are mostly levels 3-7,yet the first challenge has enemies leveled 8-10. Am I able to return to them later, or do they disappear?

They disappear eventually. You don't have to fight them right away though.

Roto13

My Frederick has been blessed for me. He's a power house tank. Fitting for his character.

That's not "blessed," that's pre-promoted to be stronger than everyone early in the game but also suck up all the EXP and leave everyone too weak to do anything when you need them. :p

Pau

Am I correct in thinking that I should take the time and effort to raise Donnel because he'll become an unstoppable monster later on?

That's not "blessed," that's pre-promoted to be stronger than everyone early in the game but also suck up all the EXP and leave everyone too weak to do anything when you need them. :p
I use Frederick a lot, and the rest of my main characters are doing just fine. If Fire Emblem continues this way, the days of having any real Jegans is over IMO.

Oh...

Am I correct in thinking that I should take the time and effort to raise Donnel because he'll become an unstoppable monster later on?

Oh gawd, please no. I haven't used him since the initial recruitment.

Tan

I spent so much time leveling Donnel I've since stopped using him to let my other characters gain some levels.
Not before shacking him up with Sully though.

I use Frederick a lot, and the rest of my main characters are doing just fine. If Fire Emblem continues this way, the days of having any real Jegans is over IMO.

They been gone for some time barring the remakes. The last real one was in FE6 with Old Marcus. Well I guess FE7's Marcus could count too, but he's passable.

Pau

That has been the consensus. Really struggling to level him up though.
Thanks! :) Fire Emblem loves its underdog characters, which is fine with me since they end up being my favorites and best units, but I just wanted to make sure before spending the EXP and effort. Looking at his stats though it feels a bit daunting!

I dropped him. The only axe user I've ever liked is Titania. And OBVIOUSLY Hector.
Yeah, I tend to stay away from axe users too. Although I would add Ross to the list. <3 Ross. And Amelia, although she gets axes once she promotes.

Busaiku

Does Frederick get decent growth later on?
I'm probably gonna stick with him, like I did with Titania, and she fared off alright.

Does Frederick get decent growth later on?
I'm probably gonna stick with him, like I did with Titania, and she fared off alright.

His growths is decent from the moment you get him.

Just that he's quite overpowered at that time and can easily suck away exp from other units if overused.

Roto13

My Frederick has been useless for a while now.

Just got some boots. They permanently increase movement by 2. I'll probably drive myself nuts deciding who to use them on. :p

He's a good unit from the very start. Just try not to kill everything with him.

He even gets a solid 10-15 XP per kill, which may not be great in the scheme of things, but it's not negligible either. I've busted him out for emergency situations where an enemy unit had to die before I ended my turn. Most of the time he's just on pair-up duty with whichever character needs a STR and DEF boost to get some kills in.

Ainaurdur

I called Gamestop this afternoon to check on my pre-order. They said they would not get their shipment in until Friday at the earliest.

So I broke down and nabbed it off the eShop.

Starting up in Hard Classic.
naurifea.JPG
The eye patch. The braids. I had to.

Mr. Fix

In the long run (once you're maxed out) you could always use a Second Seal to "rebirth" and go back to level for that same promoted class. Whether or not there's a limit to how many times you could do this is beyond me though. But it's looking like we don't have to worry about bad gains.

Also Lon'qu is Cordelia's best man, since they give birth to a black-haired
Severa

The eye patch. The braids. I had to.

Eye patch? Dammit. Aina.

Pau

My Frederick has been useless for a while now.

Just got some boots. They permanently increase movement by 2. I'll probably drive myself nuts deciding who to use them on. :p
I'm one of those people who hates using rare items and saves them because I'm so sure I'll need them later but I end up either forgetting about them or not using them at all. I don't think I've ever used Boots for that very reason. :p This even goes for things like Killer and Brave weapons. I'm trying to break out of the habit though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom