• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmon

I'm one of those people who hates using rare items and saves them because I'm so sure I'll need them later but I end up either forgetting about them or not using them at all. I don't think I've ever used Boots for that very reason. :p This even goes for things like Killer and Brave weapons. I'm trying to break out of the habit though!

I have the same problem. I'm a terrible hoarder.

Anna is pretty damn awesome.

I agree. Her and Cordelia have both been awesome.

Mr. Fix

Iron/Steel weapons all the way until near the end for me. That's when I start dishing out Silvers, Killers, and Brave weapons. I'm too cheap to cover my entire army.

Mr. Fix

The official website updated with the current DLC and Spotpass content but its not listing the upcoming stuff :(

Actual spoilers!!! (not so much in the titles) - Avert your eyes!

The Dead King's Lament
Irreconcilable Paths
A Hard Miracle
Ghost of a Blade
The Wellspring of Truth
The Radiant Hero

yo we can still see those links

Yeah, I figured it'd be safe to remove the links anyway. But they are there.

In the long run (once you're maxed out) you could always use a Second Seal to "rebirth" and go back to level for that same promoted class. Whether or not there's a limit to how many times you could do this is beyond me though. But it's looking like we don't have to worry about bad gains.

Do it as often as you are willing to grind~

Omg, did you guys no you can pause the battle animations, and move the camera avd zoom in and out?

Also, you can press Left shoulder button to optimize equipment load outs.

vall03

damn, I feel robbed, seems the consensus here is to drop Vaike? Oh well, Im sure theres someone in the future that will be better than him.

Busaiku

So how do I get the DLC?
Can't seem to access it from the game menu.
I turned SpotPass on, but didn't get any notifications or anything.

hitmon

So how do I get the DLC?
Can't seem to access it from the game menu.
I turned SpotPass on, but didn't get any notifications or anything.

An area will open up in the bottom left of the map after you complete some chapters. Forgot when it unlocks.

Setre

Made it to Chapter 3 and got my ass handed to me, this game is tough. It did make me rethink what I want my Avatar to eventually become though. As a Tactician, and eventually Grandmaster, I have the ability to use both swords and magic. In late game is that a viable option or will I be gimping myself in not having specialized in one area?

Hero

Question: Are support conversations per individual character limited like in previous games? Or can I just go crazy and not pay any mind to who I support?

Saprol

Question: Are support conversations per individual character limited like in previous games? Or can I just go crazy and not pay any mind to who I support?

You can only have one S-rank per character, but otherwise go ahead and reap the in-battle benefits/conversations.

ultron87

So I'm a miser with consumables in RPGs, thus I have two questions since I've never played a FE before:

- How much should I be worrying about conserving uses on my weapons/spells?
- If I forge a thing and it runs out of uses is it then gone?

Pau

So I'm a miser with consumables in RPGs, thus I have two questions since I've never played a FE before:

1) You shouldn't have to worry too much about the regular weapons. Shops open up pretty early and you have a decent amount of money. Not enough to go crazy with oversupplying yourself, but you won't be running out of weapons, I don't think. Stuff like the Rapier that Crom has should be used sparingly. The more powerful a weapon is, the less durable, so you shouldn't worry about Bronze and Iron weapons. But, at least in the beginning, take care of Steel and Silver stuff until you feel like you can restock easily.
2) Yup.

Not so much. At least with the basic level items. You can conserve your rarer stuff but they can usually be bought later on in the game.

Yep, just like any other item. No broken items in this game.

God Paralogue 2 is already getting on my nerves with trying to recruit Anna...

Don't just run off and keep attacking enemies! Heal yourself! Geez...

Can someone explain how to get the DLC? When I go to the eShop and try to get it, it tells me to launch the game. I don't see a DLC option in-game, though.

Been playing this since I got home from work today. Fire Emblem in my veeeeeiiiiiiiinnnnssssss yesssssssss!

Loving the game so far. Had a few laugh out loud moments already and I'm only up to chapter 4. Everything is so smooth and charming. The noise the cursor makes when scrolling across the grid....love that sound so much. Also, everyone walking around on nubs lol?

You don't get to recruit her at paralouge 2. I'd go for it though because you get a physic staff from it if you reach the village.

If she dies in Paralogue 2 do I lose the chance to recruit her in the future then? I figure that'd be the case, but I just want to make sure.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm spending ten or fifteen minutes every stage switching from character selection to supports agonizing over who to bring and who they should pair with. All those times when they force you to break an odd number of units makes this even longer.

What is this game doing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom