• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Thanks, decided to use Olivia after all.

Next question: Should I promote Tharja to Dark Knight or Sorcerer?

Mr. Fix

Thanks, decided to use Olivia after all.

Next question: Should I promote Tharja to Dark Knight or Sorcerer?

There's a dark tome that's pretty broken, but I don't think you'll be seeing that anytime soon. Dark Knight all the way! She's an amazing tank, who even uses magic.

At what chapter do marriages start to matter? I'm trying to figure out when I need to S rank supports by.

After chapter 13.
Though you're free to do them anytime, especially if you need time trying to pass down better skills for your kids.

Hero

There's a dark tome that's pretty broken, but I don't think you'll be seeing that anytime soon. Dark Knight all the way! She's an amazing tank, who even uses magic.

After chapter 13.
Though you're free to do them anytime, especially if you need time trying to pass down better skills for your kids.

Yeah I guess I'll promote her to Dark Knight to get all the skills, can switch to Sorcerer by the time I get the tome.

Seik

Banned
Ok guys, I'm currently finishing Final Fantasy IV and I'm going all in for FE after this.

Any useful pro-tips for beginners?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question - if I switch to Japanese voices, there aren't subtitles during the cutscenes?

I just watched the intro and I have no idea if that's supposed to be the case or not. If so, that seems like a pretty significant oversight.

Random question - if I switch to Japanese voices, there aren't subtitles during the cutscenes?

I just watched the intro and I have no idea if that's supposed to be the case or not. If so, that seems like a pretty significant oversight.

There are, they just need to be activated at the options menu ingame...which is still stupid tbh but at least not as stupid as forgetting to include them.

I might just so he can use bows.

My Tharja can't use Dark Magic anymore because she's a Dark Knight? What.

Only Dark Mages and Sorcerers can use dark magic. Don't ask why.

There is of course a skill that allows a character to use dark magic but only SpotPass and DLC characters have it.

Velcro Fly

I'm playing normal casual right now because i want to enjoy at least one playthrough without the stress of perma death. Still playing it like permadeath is on though. Keeping units together, not being careless, etc. I'll probably go through and play on Classic at least once.

And my FE experience is pretty minimal. I played Sacred Stones on the GBA but never finished it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What combination of difficulty are you all playing on? ( How much FE have you played in the past?) Just so some of us can judge.

Just started on Classic Hard!

And have already gotten two level ups with just +1 to one stat. This is Fire Emblem alright.

Chrom

What combination of difficulty are you all playing on? ( How much FE have you played in the past?) Just so some of us can judge.

I've have played and beaten the first eight Fire Emblem games ever released, up to The Sacred Stones. I haven't played Awakening yet, but Hard/Classic feels most comfortable to me based on my experience with the demo. I also beat the demo on Lunatic after a few tries, but if I wanted to play through the game at a normal pace, Hard fits like a glove for me.

zethren

Banned
New to the series and getting it tomorrow, quick question:

1) concerning the death of characters, does that mean story characters can die in combat and stay dead? Or just basic soldiers that you train?

Mr. Fix

Whoever Nysine is,

AvZFCXu.gif

New to the series and getting it tomorrow, quick question:

1) concerning the death of characters, does that mean story characters can die in combat and stay dead? Or just basic soldiers that you train?

Only Chrom and the Avatar's deaths result in a game over.

Setre

Normal/Classic, never played a FE game before, Awakening is my first.

_____

And now I've got yet another question. I picked up a Second Seal and changed my Avatar to a Mercenary just to play around with it. Really enjoyed that class and I plan to eventually make him a Hero. My dilemma is that currently he's only level 11/12 as a Strategist. Should I go all the way to 20 as a Strategist then switch to Mercenary or just go ahead and do it?

I've also seen people making Donnel into a Mercenary as well, if I take that class what should I make him? I was thinking of making him into a Wyvern Rider if for no other reason then it'd make him look bad ass.

L Thammy

Finally got my copy. Can't wait to really get started.

Is a character given a limited number of supports like Sacred Stones? (e.g. max of 3 characters)

More importantly, will there be any librarian waifus?

Is a character given a limited number of supports like Sacred Stones? (e.g. max of 3 characters)

Characters are limited to one S rank, but can have as many A rank supports as characters they are allowed to support with.

They're unlimited excluding S-ranks (aka marriage), and I think you could say that to the other question.

vall03

where can I buy Master Seals and Second Seals? several of my characters are already hitting Lvl20 and I dont want to waste exp.

Busaiku

Are the Paralogues a good place to level up if I just managed to get through the 5th chapter?
I've been having to rely on Frederick more and more, so I wanna level some of my other people.

johnsmith

remember me
What level would be recommended as a good level to promote a class? Is there any benefit to leveling past 10?

Never promote at level 10. Always level to the max before promoting. That's an extra 10 levels of stat gains, so yes, there's a very real benefit.

Gestahl

Nah
with Aptitude and Armsthrift is fucking hilarious, she's almost completely invincible excepting vulnerable weaponry.

Gestahl

I can't wait for this set up.

She's physically incapable of expending a use of her stone+ and can solo mid-late game skirmishes, after like 20 minutes of curb-stomping Matthew. I don't think I'll ever be able to play hard mode again after the one-two punch of her and Donnel.

john tv

Never promote at level 10. Always level to the max before promoting. That's an extra 10 levels of stat gains, so yes, there's a very real benefit.
That's not entirely true anymore, right? Now that you can reclass pretty much endlessly? I'm still a "wait till 20 to promote" kind of player, but I'm toying with the idea of promoting at the final skill from now on (10 or 15) since in theory this should work better...no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom