• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
Ike killed himself in the Marth DLC, and I didn't reset.
Is that a problem later on?

Beat the map, but didn't save yet, should I?

Go ahead and save. You can do the DLC again, and Ike will still be there.
I should reclass Donnel at 15, right? Just want to make sure since I just got Underdog and I would prefer not to leave him as a Villager too long if possible.

Yeah, I just reclassed him as a Mercenary at level 15, and he's a freaking beast right now lol.

Basically any class that can't be promoted with a Master Seal. Specifically its Donnel, Panne, Nowi, Yarne, Nah, Tiki, and DLC Marth.

I'm going to be honest I think its a little strange you can marry somebody to Nowi. Yes she is an adult, but her character acts and looks like a 10 year old. I don't understand how that gets by localization.

Ha - I just read this article:
http://kotaku.com/5981884/in-fire-emblem-marriage-can-be-a-fate-worse-than-death

If you're interested in the new 3DS strategy game Fire Emblem: Awakening, you've probably heard two things about it: first, that if a character dies in battle, they're gone for good. Second, that characters can fall in love and marry one another.

In other words, the two constants in Fire Emblem: Awakening are marriage and death. It's a lot like life in that way, actually.

The thing that's not like life? You can accidentally marry a little girl, like I did. Whoops.

Funny article.

Javier

Posted?

w2lsCsF.jpg

Yeah, I just reclassed him as a Mercenary at level 15, and he's a freaking beast right now lol.

Holy crap, no kidding, lol. He hit a 72 crit with a glass sword as a level 1 Merc and thanks to 25 luck and Armsthrift didn't even take up a usage of it! I'm going to love Donnel now.

speaking of sully, i dont know what happened, but she went from weak... to randomly super useful.

in the 3rd sidemission thing, what happens if you saved all the villagers? Is it even possible?

MechaX

Oh yeah, that RPGamer review was either playing on normal, or didn't know what he was talking about when he said that Pair Up was useless.

Sully went from "eh" to "really good for this chapter" by pairing her with Fredrick.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
speaking of sully, i dont know what happened, but she went from weak... to randomly super useful.

in the 3rd sidemission thing, what happens if you saved all the villagers? Is it even possible?

Yes, it's possible with either the Rescue staff, or just having an absurdly strong team that can blow through the enemies. I believe the only reward is
more items at the end of the mission. Someone else can confirm though. I saved all three and got three items.

For those who have beat the game already, I can't seem to find the music for the final battle in the Sound Test. Does it have a title? I thought it was really cool with the epic Latin choir Fire Emblem theme halfway through the song.

Yes, it's possible with either the Rescue staff, or just having an absurdly strong team that can blow through the enemies. I believe the only reward is
more items at the end of the mission. Someone else can confirm though. I saved all three and got three items.

I managed to save all three of them with some clever unit placement and some luck (one of the villagers dodged a 80%-hit attack that would have killed him!). One of them gave me an Angelic Robe. The other two gave me a Log and and Frying Pan and I should have let them die.

ohlawd

I managed to save all three of them with some clever unit placement and some luck (one of the villagers dodged a 80%-hit attack that would have killed him!). One of them gave me an Angelic Robe. The other two gave me a Log and and Frying Pan and I should have let them die.

I think rescuing just one already gets you an Angelic Robe so I wouldn't bother saving more than that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have an answer for this?

I'll test this later, since I have half a dozen bachelorettes ready to marry me. You could do it yourself too. Just go to a random battle, let your waifu die and finish it. Don't save after and see if you can S support with anyone else.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another silly question - is there a way to return to the main menu without turning off the game? I just want to load a save game and I can't find the option anywhere...

Chrom

Anyone have an answer for this?

They remain widowed for the rest of the game, I believe.

So should I wait until level 15 before reclassing?

In a base class? Not necessary, really. Advanced or special? Yes.

Is the S Rank just the marriage?
Or are there like additional character things beyond that?

Same thing as the previous ranks except the entailment of marriage and offspring.

Another silly question - is there a way to return to the main menu without turning off the game? I just want to load a save game and I can't find the option anywhere...

L+R+Start.

NeonZ

I'm disappointed Marth isn't voiced.
Was this due to the localization or did he not have one in Japanese either?

The main issue was the implementation of the legacy characters. They used several "hooks" they had originally created for guest avatars in order to implement the legacy and DLC characters, and that limited them in some ways. Technically, all legacy characters have the Japanese avatar "mute" voice option. Also, if you check the three quotes said by characters from the bonus groups (greeting, fighting, joining the player), they're the same three quotes that the player can set up for their streetpass teams.

According to the Iwata Asks about Awakening, the guest character and DLC ideas only appeared near the ending of the development, which is why they ended up being handled like this. It's also why I hope they keep this feature in the next game, just to implement it in a non rushed way. Still, I enjoy it even with its implementation here. It's just such a big extra and one more way to enjoy the game, much better than if the only skirmishes were monster battles.

What happens if your married partner dies in battle? Can you remarry? Does your character make any mention of "aw shucks my wife/husband just died"?

Anyone married can't die. They just retreat and become unusable afterwards. The main issue is that if the characters died they'd have to heavily rewrite lots of support conversations involving the
2nd gen characters

Is the S Rank just the marriage?
Or are there like additional character things beyond that?

It also changes the dialogue the couple has if you get them to a shinning tile, or they appear together in an event in the barracks. And, of course, there's the children too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom