• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

The stat weaknesses and strengths aren't big enough to really matter. YOu'd probably never notice one was stronger and one was weaker if you didn't set them yourself.

Post-Chapter 13 spoilers:

Lucina
is absurdly good. Like, unbelievably so. Maybe it's just the way the RNG went, but
she's only a level 2 Great Lord and well over thirty points in total stats ahead of Chrom right now (for reference, he's a level 8 Great Lord). All I need to do is class her into Dark Rider and get her Galeforce and she'll be unstoppable.

Level is not a good measure of strength in this game. :p But yeah, she's one of the three "Best" characters. Everyone should be using her, Chrom, and the avatar.

I played the demo and surprisingly loved the shit out of this game.

But I'm wondering. Can I grind anytime I want? Are there stages that I can just replay over and over again if I wanted to? I fucking love grinding in JRPGs, and one of the disappointing things for me about SRPGs is the lack areas to grind.

Also, any town screens to hang out at, or am I going to have to just relax it all cool on the World Map?

I haven't played a Fire Emblem in years, so don't kill me for not knowing shit about the series.

You can grind by buying a consumable that summons enemies on the world map or via DLC/spotpass encounters. The consumable cost a lot of money on hard difficulty and isn't really practical for that purpose. There are no hubs, any unit management is done at a standard menu.

The stat weaknesses and strengths aren't big enough to really matter. YOu'd probably never notice one was stronger and one was weaker if you didn't set them yourself.

Level is not a good measure of strength in this game. :p But yeah, she's one of the three "Best" characters. Everyone should be using her, Chrom, and the avatar.

And Morgan

Moonlight

Banned
Agh can't figure out who I should pair Lissa with (for marriage).
I paired her with Gaius, it's very cute.

Hey, I have a question and I don't want to try it myself. What if you unlock/recruit a
child of a pair
(is that still a spoiler?), and then get one or both of the pair killed. Does the
child
disappear or something?

GSR

Up to chapter 4, Hard/Classic. Is it just me, or did they up the random encounter difficulty from Sacred Stones quite a bit? I spent longer on a random Risen battle than I did with a few of the actual chapters combined.

Wish there was a way to see who's supporting with who all at once, but I guess that'd get pretty messy given the ridiculous amount of supports in this game.

Also, Avatar/Miriel supports = magical death.

Currently on chapter 4 for both Normal and Hard mode. Really want to play more but college hours haven't really been doing me any favors.

Also just like his predecessors, Frederick is a magnificent meat shield.

Doorman

Got the game yesterday finally and only made it through the Prologue (it was late and I spent at least 15 minutes just mulling over Avatar designs). Finally have made a bit more progress tonight, through chapter 3 so far as well as the first Paralogue.

Stahl is best. He is becoming buddies with everyone already. I still have very little in mind in terms of pairings, but I suppose I have more than enough time yet to figure that sort of stuff out before it becomes too big of an issue. Really enjoying the game so far though, and I look forward to turning Donnel into a complete monster.

Midou

Post-Chapter 13 spoilers:

Lucina
is absurdly good. Like, unbelievably so. Maybe it's just the way the RNG went, but
she's only a level 2 Great Lord and well over thirty points in total stats ahead of Chrom right now (for reference, he's a level 8 Great Lord). All I need to do is class her into Dark Rider and get her Galeforce and she'll be unstoppable.

The rest of the
2nd gens are somewhat similar, not quite Lucinia-tier, but quite a bit better than their parents as their base stats are much higher. I just finished getting the last of them now, and I've gotten a few of them to level 10 promoted so far, and they are pretty damn good.

man... grandmaster looks terrible. Who thought the whole 'plate of armor with bathrobe' was a cool look?

what are the best looking class 'bodies' in this game?

oh man, that feeling when you finish a battle that has a good 20 enemies in it and every single level up you got had about 4-5 stat upgrades...

Edit: Also, Donnel needs a second seal or a master seal to get out of Villager?

NeonZ

FE07_Nino_01_zps92a83df8.jpg

Nino with pants!

Her (recycled) portrait kind of fits her Awakening model, especially because it cuts off before her skirt becomes visible. Much better than Serra at least...

FE07_Serra_01_zps08191ef0.jpg

Although I think Serra's look might work better if I promote her to Sage. Florina looks decent, in comparison, although still off.

FE07_Florina_01_zps2ed96d45.jpg

Midou

oh man, that feeling when you finish a battle that has a good 20 enemies in it and every single level up you got had about 4-5 stat upgrades...

Second Seal him to a first class, then you can master seal like normal.

Necrovex

I keep thinking I have my waifus picked out, then I see a new adorable character in one of the side missions. I want to have an uber dark mage baby, but my love for red head is sooo strong. And she is so kawaii! ARGGGGGHHH!

ohlawd

Second Seal.

Master Seal promotes units and Villager has no promotes.

Wilsongt

I've only gotten one spot pass character so far, Florina, and have seen Hector, who is too fucking powerful to fight right now.

How do you get more to pop up? =/

Midou

I keep thinking I have my waifus picked out, then I see a new adorable character in one of the side missions. I want to have an uber dark mage baby, but my love for red head is sooo strong. And she is so kawaii! ARGGGGGHHH!

If you mean Anna, she can't have a child. :p

Loving the game so far, and I've been getting lucky with the sparkly spots on the field. Idk if it's common, but I got a Shockstick on the first one I landed on. Pretty cool weapon, especially since I didn't know they made magic based weapons.

Marche90

Loving the game so far. I've been playing it at almost every chance I have. Start of chapter 13 now.

Also: Man, I CAN'T listen to Miriel without thinking "Mitsuru!?"

Oh well, I like her voice, at least.

ohlawd

Loving the game so far. I've been playing it at almost every chance I have. Start of chapter 13 now.

Also: Man, I CAN'T listen to Miriel without thinking "Mitsuru!?"

Oh well, I like her voice, at least.

Mitsuru and Miriel have the same voice actor: Tara Platt.

xabi

Quick few of questions for you guys. Sorry, new to the game, but so far LOVING it.

- From a relationship perspective, is there any benefit from having two people paired up vs just having them support each other in battle all the time (i.e. attack/defend next to each other)?
- Is there a difference from a stats perspective? Seems like having someone next to you also boosts your stats...
- If I have two people paired up, do I still want to have them be supported by a third party (i.e. keep them next to someone else), or does the boost stop at just the person that a character is paired up with?
- If i am trying to grind, is it not better to have two parties be separated? Seems like that way each person gets to have a turn to attack...

Thanks in advance for any help.

FE07_Nino_01_zps92a83df8.jpg

Nino with pants!

Her (recycled) portrait kind of fits her Awakening model, especially because it cuts off before her skirt becomes visible. Much better than Serra at least...

FE07_Serra_01_zps08191ef0.jpg

Although I think Serra's look might work better if I promote her to Sage. Florina looks decent, in comparison, although still off.

FE07_Florina_01_zps2ed96d45.jpg

Where ate you getting these from?

Also, there's perma death in the DLC legacy maps?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Quick few of questions for you guys. Sorry, new to the game, but so far LOVING it.

- From a relationship perspective, is there any benefit from having two people paired up vs just having them support each other in battle all the time (i.e. attack/defend next to each other)?
- Is there a difference from a stats perspective? Seems like having someone next to you also boosts your stats...
- If I have two people paired up, do I still want to have them be supported by a third party (i.e. keep them next to someone else), or does the boost stop at just the person that a character is paired up with?
- If i am trying to grind, is it not better to have two parties be separated? Seems like that way each person gets to have a turn to attack...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pairs rule. I may be mistaken but I don't think you get stat boosts from just proximity, that only provides a boost to things like hit, avoid, etc. Which is still granted if you are paired and next to a third unit so it's definitely smart to still keep paired units next to other units. I only role with pairs now in chapter ten. They just decimate everything once you get B support.

Grinding isn't easier unpaired to me. Once you get use to it you can become quite good at strategically switching from one to another or separating. Also pairing is great for giving low level characters a good stat boost to help them level up faster.

Mr. Fix

Anyone else expecting 2 DLC maps tomorrow? 'Cuz I'm itching for it right now.

Where ate you getting these from?

Also, there's perma death in the DLC legacy maps?

Spotpass let's you battle/recruit characters from the old games. I believe we're at 5 teams posted from FE7 now.

And if you choose Classic, it's permadeath everywhere!

I pair up everyone all the time. Haha

Robin with Cordelia
Chrom with Sumia
Sully with Virion
Donnel with Frederic

And they all fucking destroy shit, they pretty much always get 3 attacks and always block or dodge they basically just crush everything. I'm just playing on normal, so I'm sure it's different on harder levels, but the separately they wouldn't be as strong as they are grouped.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Spotpass let's you battle/recruit characters from the old games. I believe we're at 5 teams posted from FE7 now.

On that note, my Spotpass team was Nergal, lol. Level 20 sorcerer with a bunch of promoted 15 units. My main cast is like level 3-6 promoted, lol.

Sora_N

Nope. There are multiple Anna's, so this one isn't even the one you recruit [hence why she appears on the map, sometimes at more than one time]. If you do rescue her, though, she's guaranteed to appear on your map immediately afterwards with a couple items on-sale.

Wow, I didn't know that. I could have beat that map so many times then. :(

Anna is like the 'nurse joy' of this game. Many twins or something lol.

I figured out a good way to lvl up the Donnel.

Pretty much just get your mc to grandmaster and pair up. GM gives insane stat boosts from what I can tell.

BD1

Banned
So one thing I wish existed is the ability to "quick restart" a battle. Sometimes I fuck up my strategy and want to refresh the board. Maybe I'm missing something...

So one thing I wish existed is the ability to "quick restart" a battle. Sometimes I fuck up my strategy and want to refresh the board. Maybe I'm missing something...

well... you can soft restart with L+R+start or select. Or you can go to options -> bookmarks.

Don't know any faster ways.

Busaiku

I always suck with soft reset cause of the Start/Select placement on 3DS.
I've always been exiting and going back in through the 3DS home.
That's why my average play time is like 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom