• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Wow, I tried starting this on lunatic... wow. Aptly named. I was so happy to even make it past the prologue chapter, much less chapter 1. And even that victory was from abusing Frederick. If I disarm him like I normally would, I'm not even sure I could have won. Mode seems well done though. I'm glad it's there, though it's way beyond my league.

Hard seems comfortable for me though. Enough to be difficult, but not hopeless. Hopefully I can take the difficulty spikes that are no doubt to come. Chapter 5 was already really tough, but rewarding to finish.

So far I'm using Chrom and Sumia, Tactician and Miriel, Vaike, and... that's it I guess. Lissa for now, though she'll probably get replaced eventually. I usually only use about 8-10 units, but I'm not sure what to aim for now if children become involved.

Earlier I was thinking that GameFly had passed me up or ran out of copies, but it turns out they managed to send me a copy, so I should get it either Saturday or next week.

I got Dead Space to tide me over, in the meantime.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does anyone actually use Donnel? Since I got him, I've been getting him to last hit, but I'm still wondering if it's worth working on him.

Midou

Does anyone actually use Donnel? Since I got him, I've been getting him to last hit, but I'm still wondering if it's worth working on him.

It is so worth it. His 20% chance increase to get a stat-up, means most of his stats are 85-100%+ chance to increase on level up. Armsthrift which is luck*2 chance of not using up a weapon and his like close to 50 luck later on means free weapons. I got him to 15 villager, 10 mercenary, and now hes about 12 hero, and hes better than chrom, who went to 20 lord, then 20 great lord, now like 5 paladin.

ohlawd

"But officer, she told me she was 1000" wouldn't cut it in court.

lol :p

Donnel is a masterpiece. Right now I've got him as a Warrior and the dude can tank and beast one side of the map all by himself. By the time I heal him, he's probably killed like 20 units already.

chrono01

in sidequest (paralogue) 2, does it matter if
Anna dies?

Nope. There are multiple Anna's, so this one isn't even the one you recruit [hence why she appears on the map, sometimes at more than one time]. If you do rescue her, though, she's guaranteed to appear on your map immediately afterwards with a couple items on-sale.

Donnel is absurdly good.

mVWsfJK.png

Busaiku

Chrom is one of the better lords in the series IMO.
What don't you like about him? Is he getting RNG screwed?

There's nothing wrong with him, I just would've liked to level up other characters instead of him.
He'll be like 20 by the time everyone else is 10.

ravien56

Currently downloading this, what difficulty should I start on? I've played strategy games in the past, but I've never played any in the fire emblem series.

ohlawd

There's nothing wrong with him, I just would've liked to level up other characters instead of him.
He'll be like 20 by the time everyone else is 10.

oh yeah I see your point. I don't know why he's mandatory on that map :/
I let him visit the first village and leave him there afterwards.

Giolon

Currently downloading this, what difficulty should I start on? I've played strategy games in the past, but I've never played any in the fire emblem series.

I started on Normal and thought it was too easy, so I started on hard and my character got 1-shot on the 2nd battle w/ a crit from a throwing axe. XD

I'm enjoying going through on Normal at Chapter 4 now. It's hard enough that you do have to be careful, but not so bad that you can't afford to make a single mistake (an attack on your healer will take over half her health instead of completely one-shotting her).

One complaint I have about this game: the gap between Normal and Hard is too big. I started on Hard and wasn't prepared for something tougher than Radiant Dawn, so I restarted on Normal and wasn't prepared for something slightly tougher than Sacred Stones. There should've been a fourth difficulty level somewhere in between.

Midou

oh don't worry, ill mess with him later when I get to a chapter where I can get seals. :)

What chapter is that anyways? Got many guys approaching or over 15 :S

I'm hearing people get good stuff from sparkles and villages, but I always get shit :(

Chapter 12 map sells master seals.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kind of. Unpromoted classes gain skills at 1st and 10th level, promoted ones at 5th and 15th, and special ones (like Manakete) at 1st and 15th. So, you'll never miss the skills of unpromoted classes, but you can miss skills of promoted classes or special ones if you class change too early.

Ah so if I gained Lissa's lv10 skill it's all right to promote then?

Hale-XF11

Been kicking a lot of ass on hard classic, so I'm sticking with that mode. Made it to Chapter 9 pretty swiftly. Used a Master Seal to turn Cordelia into a Dark Flier. Very sexy.

chrono01

I think I'm just going to play with my 3DS plugged in from now on. The game is far too addictive and it's draining my battery like crazy.

Oh Nintendo/Intelligent Systems, what unstoppable force have you unleashed?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Has anyone else had another MU pop up on the map?
I thought those appear when you streetpass someone, or do prior streetpasses somehow come into the game for I haven't streetpassed anyone today...

yep.

hmmm my lissa is like lvl 16 already and still no master seals in sight :S

I do tend to use her to heal anyone like every turn though.

What are y'all doing with Lissa? I'm thinking war monk for the Ax :3

I went with Sage because I figured her high magic stat would make it more worthwhile. But you should go with how you'll end up playing and using her.

I played the demo and surprisingly loved the shit out of this game.

But I'm wondering. Can I grind anytime I want? Are there stages that I can just replay over and over again if I wanted to? I fucking love grinding in JRPGs, and one of the disappointing things for me about SRPGs is the lack areas to grind.

Also, any town screens to hang out at, or am I going to have to just relax it all cool on the World Map?

I haven't played a Fire Emblem in years, so don't kill me for not knowing shit about the series.

Moonlight

Banned
Post-Chapter 13 spoilers:

Lucina
is absurdly good. Like, unbelievably so. Maybe it's just the way the RNG went, but
she's only a level 2 Great Lord and well over thirty points in total stats ahead of Chrom right now (for reference, he's a level 8 Great Lord). All I need to do is class her into Dark Rider and get her Galeforce and she'll be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom