• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

hwrFCCGl.jpg

Your mother would have gotten RESISTANCE. The bench with you.

J/K You're awesome.

I always suck with soft reset cause of the Start/Select placement on 3DS.
I've always been exiting and going back in through the 3DS home.
That's why my average play time is like 5 minutes.

i don't get it, all you need to do is press start OR select and the 2 triggers.

speaking of which, is it just me or the mercenary attack animations terrible? It's like western rpg bad.

I do love the evasion animation though, so goofy :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I have a bunch of stat boosting items and I have no idea who to use them on. This happens every game. I've got a dracoshield, goddess icon, secret book, talisman, two speed wings, two energy drops and four seraph robes. I'm too unsure to use any of them even the seraph robes at this point, post chapter 10.

Anteo

I have a bunch of stat boosting items and I have no idea who to use them on. This happens every game. I've got a dracoshield, goddess icon, secret book, talisman, two speed wings, two energy drops and four seraph robes. I'm too unsure to use any of them even the seraph robes at this point, post chapter 10.

In past games, I used to wait till the last few levels to check if a char needs a little boost on stats, but since you can level up as much as you want in this game, I just use all on a weak character.

Edit:
I can return to Paralogues later on, right? Don't need to beat them the moment they're available?

Yes.

Wait what?

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

I don't see anything like that there. Best we have are the -faire skills which boosts +5 to Str or Mag depending on the weapon and the -breaker skills which grant +50 to both Hit and Avoid and is dependent on the enemy's weapon.

Yeah those are what I was thinking of. Though I guess they don't work exactly the same.

I chose +Speed, -HP.
Glass cannons for life.

Two of my Avatars are +Speed. One is -HP and other is -Strength or Defense, but they aren't turning into the dodge tanks I was hoping for :(

My other Avatar is +Strength -Speed and is everything I ever wanted.

Slightly off topic, but what are your opinions on the DS Fire Emblem?

Second one is great. First one is not great, but will scratch an FE itch if you have one.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
In past games, I used to wait till the last few levels to check if a char needs a little boost on stats, but since you can level up as much as you want in this game, I just use all on a weak character.

Good point. Guess it doesn't really matter since I can just grind everyone to max if I really truly wanted to.

Javier

I'll give Buckley credit since it's kind of a clever joke, but dammit, I was hoping that I would never have to see Fire Emblem characters drawn with those CAD faces.

Mr. Fix

Gonna use Donnel this time around, and a female Avatar. Unfortunately my kid won't have purple hair, which is exclusive to the Avatar. Though Donnel can pass on his Aptitude skill, which would pretty much make his kid a beast as well!

Currently have Olivia at level 10 and I'm considering reclassing her.

Any opinions? Should I go for her next skill? Or should I just reclass her? I'm considering going for Myrmidon since I already have a good number of flying units. Would that be a good choice? Can I eventually make her into an assassin from swordmaster?

Any advice on this would be mad helpful, thanks! :)

Necrovex

I was about to finish Paralogue 2. I thought it was a kill the boss fight. So I have Sumi go in to kill the boss, then the match didn't end, and she was damage from the fight. Every god damn unit of mine blocked the way to her Sumi. Then a fucking archer came and killed her. I became so pissed off afterwards. I had to stop playing FE for the night.

This is either the best or worst game to manage my stress during test week.

Edit: Got ready for bed, I am still induced with rage. Never change, Fire Emblem.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Any tips on ch8? Having a hard time saving all 3 villages and dragon girl and mercenary

For me having both Sumia and Cordelia at pretty high levels and good supports to pair with them I just sent then on ahead real fast and then had Nowi pair with gregor and book it north to my other forces.

ultron87

Will I miss anything major if I don't save the villagers in Paralogue 3? They really aren't doing their best in convincing me they want to live by constantly running directly into enemy range.

I guess I can try getting to them super quick with my pegasus ladies.

Jachaos

The hell is up with this Paralogue 6 ?
The one where you try to recruit Chrom's son It's really tough. I'm on Hard and going through the game without too much trouble (a few missions have had me restarting 3-4 times though).

I've got Frederik (which is only used for pairing-up) married to a Lv.16 Sumia with 40ish speed and, when supporting with Frederik, also 40ish strength (due to that skill where it's +5 strength if you hold a lance), I've got Lissa supporting Donnell which is around 70 HP now and in the 30s for pretty much everything. I've got Sully and Stahl married and they're both destroying anything in other missions (around Lv.5 Paladin+Great Knight). My avatar is Lv.19 and supported by 10/20/5 Troubadour/Mage/Sage Maribel which cleans up what is left after one hit from my avatar, she's really strong and has Superior Bolt (or something like that) and Rexbolt. Chrom is with either Lucina or Kellam (only used for pairing) up and the son paired up with the one left. That's the part that's causing me some problems, thieves sneaking in, mages hitting poor RES (Chrom) units through walls (if RD on hard had this it would have been impossible) and more. I've got Sumia taking care of the whole northern fliers by herself but the rest of the gang has a tough time in the middle. Really sensing I'm about to step ahead in time as well and want to do this paralogue first even though I know it's probably gonna stay playable afterwards.

Jachaos

Will I miss anything major if I don't save the villagers in Paralogue 3? They really aren't doing their best in convincing me they want to live by constantly running directly into enemy range.

I guess I can try getting to them super quick with my pegasus ladies.

Just some items

For me having both Sumia and Cordelia at pretty high levels and good supports to pair with them I just sent then on ahead real fast and then had Nowi pair with gregor and book it north to my other forces.
ah, nvm, seems like they don't give a crap about villages. mmmm seals.

Crap! I think I saw a couple of major spoilers by accident while checking for info online. I hate it when I do that! From now on, I don't care how stuck I am. I'm not going to look at GameFAQs, Wikis, or anything!

It's still not completely clear on what I saw. I just accidentally glimpsed over it. Trying to forget about it or not think about it. Still, what a major bummer. :(

Anyway, the game is awesome. I love it. Probably one of my best/favorite purchases all gen. It's a fantastic game. Still daunted by the DLCs, but other than that, I think I'm finally getting out of my video game slump and getting into this. Been down and out for awhile, being bored of everything. Maybe I played too much of the same thing, over and over again. Playing FE:A is bringing me back to my JRPG/SRPG roots.

Definitely one of my favorite games. :)

EDIT: Playing this is making me think how awesome Valkyria Chronicles 3 would be. VC2 was cool but I'm tired of the high school drama thing. VC3 looks like the portable VC I wanted. I really hope Sega, or XSeed, brings it over. :(

Bullza2o

This game is driving me insane! I retried chapter 6 around 15 times now with no success (hard -classic). I guess it's because I'm a noob at this *tries again*

Neiteio

Ha, cute comic. :)

And appropriate timing, since several of my characters just tied the knot:

- Chrom X Sumia
- Lissa X Vaike
- Sully X Stahl

Now I'm matching up:

- Kellam X Maribelle
- Cordelia X Virion
- Gregor X Nowi

When I get Anna, I'll match her with my avatar, Robin (just stuck with default everything for him).

The dialogue in Support conversations is incredible! Seeing different character combinations would merit going through the game a second or third time in its own right, aside from trying higher difficulties, different class combinations, etc.

I'm about to begin Ch. 9. I've done all the paralogues up to this point. I recently discovered you can tap L when managing a character's inventory to optimize their loadout, which is a GREAT FEATURE. Cuts out a ton of busy work!

This game is seriously amazing. First Fire Emblem, and I'm blown away at the production values, the airtight design, the fluid pacing, and the thorough-but-bite-sized ways they dole out key information, unintrusive on the bottom screen, and how you can tap any element on the touchscreen (stats, items, etc) for a one- or two-line breakdown. It's so... digestible. I'm not into SRPGS at all, but this is VERY approachable, and fast, and FUN. Each battle has a cool twist, gameplay-wise and plot-wise.

And the story driving it all is fantastic, with some of the best writing I've seen in a Nintendo game. The new localization team at 8-4 really nailed it out of the park with this one. Such a huuuuuuge cast, but each character is so distinct and memorable.

Just blown away here. The fact I haven't even hit the midway point yet in terms of chapters is like loving a great book and seeing you still have thousands of pages yet. Although I do hope I manage to complete the campaign before Metal Gear Rising and Rayman!

Question about Dual Tag and Pair Up:

Does Dual Tag add the supporting character's stats to the main character (as what happens with Pair Up)? Or is that only for when Pairing Up?

In both Dual Tag and Pair Up, they gain the dodge, critical, etc. bonuses though, correct?

backlot

I've got a question about Second Seals. If I change Olivia's class then use another Second Seal later to make her a Dancer again will she start over at level 1 or will it be whatever level she was at last time she was a Dancer?

I've got a question about Second Seals. If I change Olivia's class then use another Second Seal later to make her a Dancer again will she start over at level 1 or will it be whatever level she was at last time she was a Dancer?

She starts over at level 1, but a level 1 with awesome stats.

backlot

Alright, I guess I'll wait until she gets her second Dancer skill before I use the first Second Seal then. I guess it won't really matter that she's level one again at that point. Thanks!

Chrom

Wait... if my chrom and that pegesus knight are at A rank and can 'support talk', can I still marry other folks or are the 'paths' already locked?

It's the actual S ranking that locks it. However, regardless if they do S rank or not, who Chrom has the best relationship with by Chapter 11's end will determine who he ultimately marries.

now that i think about it... i dont really like chrom or sumia as characters.

Makes the perfect pair then!

And holy balls, Lissa as war monk is a motherfucker TANK. Shame she has to swing around a bronze axe for now :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom