• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Jintor

Isn't there already a pack out with the DLC one included?

Staggered releases. The first maps of the first three packs are live, but the rest of the maps aren't up yet and the rest of the packs aren't either.

Wait, you can pass down skills to
Lucina in chapter 13?

Sure. I think she default inherits
Aether from Chrom, and she'll take the last active skill from her mother.

Solune

Wait, you can pass down skills to
Lucina in chapter 13?

Serene's Forest said:
Inheritance

Base stats and growth rates are inherited, but these aren't very important in the long run. Weapons and items are not inherited, since the parents are still around.

Children characters inherit the sum of their parent's maximum stat modifiers, +1. If your Avatar pairs with a children character, Morgan does not receive the +1 to his/her modifiers.
The children inherit the last active Skill from each of their parents. This can include Skills from gender-specific classes (except Special Dance), so you can have Demoiselle on male children. Chrom's children are exceptions--his daughter(s) will always learn Aether and his son will always inherit Rightful King (even if Chrom hasn't learnt either Skill). Skill inheritance occurs at the moment you enter the mission required to recruit the child, so you've got plenty of time to play around with the parents' Skills.

In general, children inherit all the regular class options from both their parents (so a lot of classes if one of their parents is your Avatar), except classes exclusive to the opposite gender. If a class option cannot be inherited due to gender issues, that option will be replaced with another option more appropriate for their gender (see table below). Despite being a Special class, Villager can be inherited by male children and both Taguel and Manakete can be inherited by Morgan.

Classes and Skills obtained from DLC (this includes Skills learned by DLC classes) can not be inherited.

Keikaku

So I just got this game.
Of course, before that I had to buy Shadow Dragon.
Oh and 2 days before that I bought Fire Emblem and FE: Sacred Stones for the GBA.
Naturally, I already had the GCN and Wii versions.

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A SHIT TON OF FE AHEAD OF ME :D

MicH

Sure. I think she default inherits
Aether from Chrom, and she'll take the last active skill from her mother.

I thought she was somehow exempt from this (from the mother, at least). Well, what's the best skill Olivia can pass down? I'm thinking Galeforce (but se can learn this naturally, if I'm not mistaken) or Luck+4 (Dancer exclusive skill).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I thought she was somehow exempt from this (from the mother, at least). Well, what's the best skill Olivia can pass down? I'm thinking Galeforce (but se can learn this naturally, if I'm not mistaken) or Luck+4 (Dancer exclusive skill).

In my opinion, any + skills are rendered moot due to Limit Breaker. Sure you can still pair it up with Limit Breaker for more bonus but then again you must sacrifice a spot you can use for awesome stuff like Galeforce, Rightful King, Pavise, Aegis, etc etc.

MicH

In my opinion, any + skills are rendered moot due to Limit Breaker. Sure you can still pair it up with Limit Breaker for more bonus but then again you must sacrifice a spot you can use for awesome stuff like Galeforce, Rightful King, Pavise, Aegis, etc etc.
Right. I'll probably pass down Galeforce as I won't have to make her go through the Pegasus classes then :D

Decided to pair the avatar with Tharja, but now I've got Noire and I have absolutely no idea what to do with her. Any suggestions for class/skill set that'd suit her stats?

Nohar

Decided to pair the avatar with Tharja, but now I've got Noire and I have absolutely no idea what to do with her. Any suggestions for class/skill set that'd suit her stats?

I re-classed my Noire into a Troubadour (not really my brightest idea) then into a Walkyrie, and she's quite good.
In any case, she will turn out fine thanks to her parents.

Any suggestions for reclassing lvl 20 Sorcerer Tharja?

Dark Knight, if you didn't learn Life Taker yet. You will lose access to black magic though.

Jintor

Uhh... Exponential growth IS out for Europe.. I've played it several times already.

We have Golden Gaffe, Exponential Growth, Champions of Yore 1/2 and Harvest Scramble downloadable right now.

wat

but Anna is all 'map not ready' when i try and play it. Do I need to download it again through the shop or something?

I mean, I clearly own it,I just assumed the map would d/l automatically when it became available like spotpass teams do...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So my copy arrived earlier in the week but I haven't had time to sit down and play it until earlier tonight after work. Two things: I had originally skipped the demo because a) I buy and play Fire Emblem regardless, and b) I didn't need a demo to whet my appetite or convince me otherwise. I had also avoided most, if not all, media before its PAL release. All I had known prior to this was how the game looked & the general artistic design of the characters, how battles might operate this time around, and the fact that DLC was being released for it.

My first impression is that it's good to be back home. After skipping the remakes of Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, it's been practically 5 years since a new Fire Emblem was released. The familiar Fire Emblem theme trouncing through for a personally traditional full-length playthrough - it sounds just a tad more powerful than what I recall and to me that is a good thing. No need for a greater reminder of how incredible this series can be.

My second impression is that the music is off the chart. No offense to Tsujiyoko as she has always been a solid stalwart for Fire Emblem, but holy hell. Every single scenario and moment has been met with a glorious tune within the first 2hrs of my playing time to the point where I will let a conversation sit so I can hear the song repeat itself. I had read earlier this year that someone called Rei Kondoh did some of the compositions, and checking his history at the time a lot of his work was tied to Capcom games that I either didn't bother playing or never played enough of (Okami). The other person in the composition chair was a rookie by the name of Hiroki Morishita who helped with Paper Mario: Sticker Star and is within the ranks of Int Sys themselves. Judging by the adoration the score has received elsewhere while snooping through earlier impressions tonight, it seems that Nintendo have snagged themselves another Mahito Yokota. And what a franchise to reveal his potential on.

My third impression is that this Fire Emblem seems to be slowly breaking away from the clear divide between handheld and console FE. It feels more "full" than past efforts of Fire Emblem on the portables, but so far it hasn't hit the same stride that was clearly felt in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn - however this could completely change since I'm not even beyond chapter 5 yet. Heck, my full judgement on this is entirely reserved for the time being. Just letting that inclination of a thought out there.

Overall I'm enjoying the game so far and I hope to feel completely fulfilled by the time the journey has ended.

P.S. classic mode forever, despite almost chewing my tongue off when Lissa was reduced to 1HP in chapter 4 because I became overzealous.

MicH

wat

but Anna is all 'map not ready' when i try and play it. Do I need to download it again through the shop or something?

I mean, I clearly own it,I just assumed the map would d/l automatically when it became available like spotpass teams do...
Yeah, you need to go to the shop and it will download it for you

Jintor

Huh. Okay.

Man, it's kinda like how the 'there's no new stuff' message for spotpass says 'failed to retrieve data'. Yeesh.

Oxx

Yeah, I was kinda confused why I couldn't just play the EXP map yesterday. I guess I was being incredibly optimistic to think it would have unlocked automatically.

Nohar

Spotpass failing to update is really something that gets on my nerves... I've tried to update it a whole week each day to no avail, and then decided to desactivate and reactivate it in-game, and *poof*! I went from having 3 characters from The Sacred Stones to having the full roster, Elincia from PoR, and unlocked the extra paralogue map.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If I'm pairing up PannexGregor, what skill should I make sure Panne passes on? I'm guessing either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker?

If I'm pairing up PannexGregor, what skill should I make sure Panne passes on? I'm guessing either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker?
Lancebreaker is the best for immediate use, but it doesn't really matter since she has no access to gender exclusive skills.

I know somebody asked for this image. I've PM'd the image to the person, but I figured I'd share it with other people who are interested...

bikini_anna.png

Credits to shadowofchaos.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Another silly question: out of Kjelle and Nah, who needs Galeforce the least? I'm planning to have them end up in General (perhaps Great Knight) and Manakete.

I would assume that every one of Henry's supports are hilarious.

Everything Henry does is hilarious.

Chrom

Anyone have an EU DLC release schedule on hand? Jonesing for the XP map

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/dlc_eu.html#list

If it's not on the list, it hasn't been announced yet.

As for Olivia, dance like crazy until level 15, then reclass her to something useful like peg knight for galeforce or myrmidion for Swordmaster's Astra and Swordfaire. Don't pass on her dancer mini-buff skill, as her kid(s) can't inherit the dancer class.

You can't actually pass down Special Dance, even if it's the only skill Olivia knows.

Labadal

I'm sorry if the anwser to this is obvious, but could anyone point me to a list with all the DLC? I'm having trouble connecting to the eShop at the moment.

Nvm, I'm an idiot.

Oxx

The exp map is so short there's no real loss if an enemy counters you to death.

Unless you've been grinding all day without saving.

Top Bottom