• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I've managed to keep a 4th game going, Hard/casual juggled between the two static bookmarks. Gotta be careful to check out enemy potency in the early going, as saving only after initiating battle might catch you out.

First (and will be the only) time I haven't used build 3, and also not self-named. Build 01 looks younger than I prefer but at least he isn't a shrimp. I actually had him get together with the similarly younger-looking Cynthia. Didn't pay much attention to her in other games, but she has been quite the champ in this playthrough, as has her mother.

LakeEarth

Okay, I'm now understanding why planning ahead and looking ahead is the way to go. That pegasus-rider character keeps getting 1-shotted by archers, I gotta make sure that I do not put her in range of them ever. I didn't notice that I put her into range, and paid for it.

Okay, I'm now understanding why planning ahead and looking ahead is the way to go. That pegasus-rider character keeps getting 1-shotted by archers, I gotta make sure that I do not put her in range of them ever. I didn't notice that I put her into range, and paid for it.

Always try to highlight ranges for things like bows, wind spells, and beastkiller lances which pop up with greater frequency later.

FSLink

Banned
Any tips for Apothesis? On Lunatic/Classic btw.

Main party is currently:
Chrom
Olivia
Robin
Olivia!Lucina
Lucina!Morgan
Ricken!Owain
Olivia!Inigo
Lon'qu!Severa
Frederick!Sumia
Henry!Brady
Vaike!Gerome
Gregor!Yarne
Donnel!Kjelle
Gaius!Noire
Stahl!Laurent
Kellam!Nah

I'm currently trying to beat that one DLC map over and over to get tons of Limit Breaker items for everyone. Also going to grab a few Spotpass characters to be Rally guys.

Kenka

I am playing in Classic/Hard and I find it impossible to keep alive/levelling up all characters up to chapter 4 and pass it. I always have someone dying during that chapter. Have I made a mistake to split the XP among my entire troop ?
Don't say yes.

FSLink

Banned
I am playing in Classic/Hard and I find it impossible to keep alive/levelling up all characters up to chapter 4 and pass it. I always have someone dying during that chapter. Have I made a mistake to split the XP among my entire troop ?
Don't say yes.

Just abuse the hell out of Pair Up, and try to focus more on just a few and use Risen and DLC maps to level up the others later.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bought the game as a present for finishing up all my assignments. On chapter 5, playing on hard classic. Game is pretty damn great, but punishing as hell on hard classic, every single mistake I make is always met with severe consequences, really encouraging me to take in full account the enemy types I'm facing, the strengths and weaknesses of the classes, the appropriate times to move in formation etc. Also critical attacks are a bitch.. already lost one of my characters (Stahl). Hope I'm not to screwed over by not having him.. because I really don't feel like restarting lol.

Few questions. 1. Does Donnel ever become good? I spent a lot of effort getting him in the first side chapter and he's still weak as hell. 2. Best husbando for my avatar is obviously chrom right? 3. What are some particular pairings I should be focusing on in the part of the game I'm at.

McNum

Donnel's thing is his Aptitude skill. He gains stats quite a bit faster than anyone else. But his Vilager class holds him back.

Get him to level 10 or 15 if you want the Underdog skill, and reclass him to Mercenary with a Second Seal. Then watch the transformation as he goes from okay to powerful.

He's basically a Magikarp. Get him to Gyarados and watch him go. But like Gyarados, there are better overall units than him, he's just merely good.

Wiseblade

Bought the game as a present for finishing up all my assignments. On chapter 5, playing on hard classic. Game is pretty damn great, but punishing as hell on hard classic, every single mistake I make is always met with severe consequences, really encouraging me to take in full account the enemy types I'm facing, the strengths and weaknesses of the classes, the appropriate times to move in formation etc. Also critical attacks are a bitch.. already lost one of my characters (Stahl). Hope I'm not to screwed over by not having him.. because I really don't feel like restarting lol.

Few questions. 1. Does Donnel ever become good? I spent a lot of effort getting him in the first side chapter and he's still weak as hell. 2. Best husbando for my avatar is obviously chrom right? 3. What are some particular pairings I should be focusing on in the part of the game I'm at.

1) Yes, with a little bit of loving Donnel can easily become one of, if not the strongest character in your army.
2) For FemAvatar? Probably. But that kind of seems ineffecient. Chrom's child doesn't really need avatar classes as muich as some other 2nd gen characters *coughKJELLEcough* and the Avatar's child is great regardless.
3) On your first playthough, feel free to pair people up on who you like as a couple. regardless of what some people will post here, 2nd gen characters are almost impossible to screw over.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I already missed out on donnel from not getting him to level up in that villager battle where you meet him. woops.

Draxal

1) Yes, with a little bit of loving Donnel can easily become one of, if not the strongest character in your army.
2) For FemAvatar? Probably. But that kind of seems ineffecient. Chrom's child doesn't really need avatar classes as muich as some other 2nd gen characters *coughKJELLEcough* and the Avatar's child is great regardless.
3) On your first playthough, feel free to pair people up on who you like as a couple. regardless of what some people will post here, 2nd gen characters are almost impossible to screw over.

2. Its not really inefficient at all; Femmu destroys Olivia as a mom, and Olivia's the best mom otherwise for Lucina. And well, Chrom is the only way for Femmu to have two children.

McNum

So, in an effort to pair the spares, I ended up pairing up Noire and Laurent. That's an... um... interesting S-rank support they have. Didn't see Laurent as being into that. Well, whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

LostAnkh

Quick question, if some of my characters aren't married, will more paralogues pop up when they do?
I'm only asking since I'm at Chapter 14.

Branduil

Wow, I guess I'm not beating paralogue 23 any time soon.

So, in an effort to pair the spares, I ended up pairing up
Noire and Laurent. That's an... um... interesting S-rank support they have. Didn't see Laurent as being into that. Well, whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

Between Noire and Nah Laurent is quite the confirmed weirdo.

ohlawd

2. Its not really inefficient at all; Femmu destroys Olivia as a mom, and Olivia's the best mom otherwise for Lucina. And well, Chrom is the only way for Femmu to have two children.

How is Sumia not a good mom for Lucina again?

Hmm where's that old post I made...

Bad class choices for Lucina?

I mean, it's only General and the Cleric line that Sumia gives that Olivia doesn't and they are not all that special. I mean I guess you could make Lucina a sage but Maribelle would be better for that.

ohlawd

Bad class choices for Lucina?

I mean, it's only General and the Cleric line that Sumia gives that Olivia doesn't and they are not all that special. I mean I guess you could make Lucina a sage but Maribelle would be better for that.

Sure but you're doing it wrong anyway if Lucina isn't a GL, Paladin or DF.

+2 Str is nothing. Sumia's a good mom for Lucina.

Bigger concern should be for Cynthia. She wants Chrom, MU or Henry.

Draxal

I have Sumia/Lucina and its fine. Olivia/Lucina is better but not super super better. Femmu/Lucina is super super better. The -str does kinda suck for a great lord lucina, as great lord doesn't have great str caps anyway/and no access to swordfaire doesn't make me happy. Henry/Cynthia is where is the best Cynthia imho as well.

Sure but you're doing it wrong anyway if Lucina isn't a GL, Paladin or DF.

+2 Str is nothing. Sumia's a good mom for Lucina.

Bigger concern should be for Cynthia. She wants Chrom, MU or Henry.

Unless you are playing Hard or higher on classic then moms for your kids will not really matter.

That or abilities for the kids.

Draxal

Unless you are playing Hard or higher on classic then moms for your kids will not really matter.

This discussion is with Apotheosis in mind, and well it's more the fathers than the moms as the moms are pretty much set except for Lucina and Male Morgan.

ohlawd

There is nothing wrong with min/maxing on Normal, either. Apotheosis always scales up.

Better to get dat Galeforce and other good skills around.

aravuus

It's very possible I'm just blind but how the hell do I load a mid-fight save? I want to recruit Gaius

e: well i guess resetting works

Jazzem

Absolutely gutted to find that I can't get every side mission, due to Maribelle dying :(

Still loving this game, took a break from the main story to get several units married (got my MU with Cordelia).

CorvoSol

I just realized Tharja's B support with Avatar about being normal and serving him pie is making fun of Sumia's pie supports with Chrom.

Oh, Tharja.

Espada

I finished the game last night.

Wow.

That was an awesome mission, and it makes me wish they use that stage in SSBU. Beating on
Grima and seeing that creepy half-human face? Freaky man. His Dragonskin ability was ridiculous, talk about damage reduction.

What happens if you pick Chrom instead of your MU?

aravuus

And I'm done! Took me around 25 hours and I think I was a bit overleveled by the end of the game.. Well, really overleveled. I love grinding too much. I love breaking RPG games. What a great game, thought 50 euros was a bit steep price for a 3DS game at first but I think it was well worth the money.

Now I'll take a few days break from it and then I think I'll grind a bit to get the rest of the support conversations. I don't think there was a single character or conversation I didn't like.

Really wish I had the money to get all the dlc.

GamerSoul

A little late butI finished the main quest last week on Hard and I must say it is one of my favorite FE games. I'd put it just right under FE7. I love the pacing of the story through the main chapters, there's never a dull moment imo and I loved the plot twists. It was a glorious ending, my Lucina hit Aether as a final blow. :]

It's a lot easier, yes.

By the way, can I ask where some people got their avatar images of the pixelly Awakening characters? I've seen Lissa, Tharja, Owain. I like them. :)

Yea it feels so easy compared to Hard. I'm glad I started on Hard. And I think his GAF name is Neoriceisgood.

Top Bottom