• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Aexact

I totally agree with you. Ive ben stuck on chapter 2 for months. I need to start another real playthrough eventually. I need to wwaifu one last person...
Oh god Chapter 1 was deceptively easy, fort was in easy reach.
Chapter 2 is like some sort of nightmare. If 6 of my characters can work together and nobody lets me down by missing a 70% chance to hit or something (Chrom, Sully, Stahl, Vaike, Miriel, Virion, Lissa), they can take down one guy IF they don't have Luna+/Vantage+.

There's like 15 of these monsters on this map.
Baaah.

CorvoSol

So messed up lol

Lancelot slept with Arthur's wife, started a war so violent against his rightful king and alleged friend, against the man who lead him and his brothers on a quest for holiness, that the Pope himself had to intervene to stop it.

And to this day people will tell you Mordred, Morgan, and Nimue are the villains, not Lancelot.

NTR only hurts the one not committing it.

-Horizon-

Lancelot slept with Arthur's wife, started a war so violent against his rightful king and alleged friend, against the man who lead him and his brothers on a quest for holiness, that the Pope himself had to intervene to stop it.

And to this day people will tell you Mordred, Morgan, and Nimue are the villains, not Lancelot.

NTR only hurts the one not committing it.

Why can't we all just get happy vanilla endings? ;-;

-Horizon- says as he distracts CorvoSol to hide Lucina

GamerSoul

I see Sully is still safe from all you :p

Oh god Chapter 1 was deceptively easy, fort was in easy reach.
Chapter 2 is like some sort of nightmare. If 6 of my characters can work together and nobody lets me down by missing a 70% chance to hit or something (Chrom, Sully, Stahl, Vaike, Miriel, Virion, Lissa), they can take down one guy IF they don't have Luna+/Vantage+.

There's like 15 of these monsters on this map.
Baaah.

lol exactly. There is going to have to be a lot of luck involved for this chapter. I have tried positioning my units near the mountains on the left but if some enemies never miss it won't work as well.

Aexact

lol exactly. There is going to have to be a lot of luck involved for this chapter. I have tried positioning my units near the mountains on the left but if some enemies never miss it won't work as well.
Yeah, I just assume everyone's going to hit me. Hawkeye is a really popular skill in Lunatic, thanks a lot weapon triangle. C-rank in Swords was only netting me ~60% chance to dodge axes anyway.

Running left was my plan too but my only combat worthy unit is Avatar paried with Fred. If two units instead of one chase after my 2nd group, they can't deal with it and since Pass is a super common enemy skill, making traditional FE walls is a bust too.

Chrom's going to end up marrying Sully at this rate, if I don't start dragging him to the frontlines.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know if I suck or whatever but chapter 5 map on hard (classic mode) is kicking my ass.

92% chance of my attack landing and I miss, the AI with 34% hits with a critical. Fuck.

Any tips for this map?

I don't know if I suck or whatever but chapter 5 map on hard (classic mode) is kicking my ass.

92% chance of my attack landing and I miss, the AI with 34% hits with a critical. Fuck.

Any tips for this map?

Chapter 5 is maybe the toughest chapter in the game if you're playing on Hard. Certainly up there. The key is knowing the pair-up system and using it effectively to prevent your weaker units from getting smashed. It can also be pretty essential for saving Mirabelle and Ricken, though there are other ways of doing that too if you're creative.

Ever since this game came out I've been hawking for some kind of $30 deal. I think Im going to finally cave and just purchase it on the eshop. Can't...wait...anymore!

ohlawd

It is worth the full price if you can't find it on sale.
This person is a liar.

The game is worth it even if you had to pay double the launch price. TBH it's not a very good strategy game, hell I'm confident in saying there aren't many good things about it. But iunno I pumped in so many hours into this game in the shortest time period possible and I don't regret a second of it.

I'm tsundere for FEA. What should I do?

This person is a liar.

The game is worth it even if you had to pay double the launch price. TBH it's not a very good strategy game, hell I'm confident in saying there aren't many good things about it. But iunno I pumped in so many hours into this game in the shortest time period possible and I don't regret a second of it.

what are you doing....?

Astarte

This person is a liar.

It's better than being yandere for it and killing everyone else who has a copy of the game, right?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm not enjoying this game that much on hard and classic mode. Maps rarely feel 'fair' you are constantly outnumbered by a considerable margin and the pair-up mechanic severly gimps the number of available units you have, it also doesn't seem to give a strategic benefit aside from stats upgrade. Like If I have two units paired up, and one of them is one blow away from dying why doesn't the other guy (who has full hp) protects the damaged unit from whats it's sure to be a killing blow? Units that are paired up very rarely help each during battle sequences. I know that is tied to the relationship level, but that shit is so hard to level up during battles.

Also I know Donnel will probably turn out to be a beast... if you can put up with the annoyance of leveling him up. Since there's no exp pool to level up (afaik) weak units in between battles, leveling these weak units during battles is fucking hard and irritating when a weak unit like Donnel can die from a single enemy attack.

I tried Normal and it was WAY too easy, I feel like something between hard and normal would've been fine.

Path of Radiance as it stands it's still the best Fire Emblem game I've played, hard mode in that game was fair and it was fun.

Or maybe I just don't have the patience anymore.

I'm not enjoying this game that much on hard and classic mode. Maps rarely feel 'fair' you are constantly outnumbered by a considerable margin and the pair-up mechanic severly gimps the number of available units you have, it also doesn't seem to give a strategic benefit aside from stats upgrade. Like If I have two units paired up, and one of them is one blow away from dying why doesn't the other guy (who has full hp) protects the damaged unit from whats it's sure to be a killing blow? Units that are paired up very rarely help each during battle sequences. I know that is tied to the relationship level, but that shit is so hard to level up during battles.

Also I know Donnel will probably turn out to be a beast... if you can put up with the annoyance of leveling him up. Since there's no exp pool to level up (afaik) weak units in between battles, leveling these weak units during battles is fucking hard and irrating when a weak unit like Donnel can die from a single enemy attack.

I tried Normal and it was WAY too easy, I feel like something between hard and normal would've been fine.

Path of Radiance as it stands it's still the best Fire Emblem game I've played, hard mode in that game was fair and it was fun.

Or maybe I just don't ahve the patience anymore.

You can't possibly be complaining both that the game's not "fair" and that it's too easy, if you're not playing on Lunatic this is one of the easier Fire Emblems out there.

NeonZ

To level up Donnel, you could just trap some archers right in the chapter where you get him and some chapters afterwards. It's not really hard. Although if you've already finished 3 or 4 chapters afterwards and he has gotten nothing it can be harder. There are still the map skirmishes though, or even the bonus team battles if you're really desperate for a way to level him up, although those can lead to grinding and completely breaking hard mode outside of DLC maps.

-Horizon-

This person is a liar.

:/

ok I'm just kidding. Bestest game ever :3
Game of the forever, 10 time Oscar winner for best supporting character (Severa), best picture... etc.

pls don't hate me ;_;

Even when you call me a liar, I won't hate you.

TheBear

This game has crashed on me like 5 times now, and every time it happens just before the end of a really long mission and its pissing me off. Is there any fix for this? Pal 3DSxl with cartridge version

Soulhouf

Are the stat increases when you level up completely random? Sometimes I'll get 1 stat increase (with a hilarious comment), and other times I'll get 6+.

It's a dice roll for each stat but there are some that are more likely to increase depending on the class/character.
There are a skill (the one Donnel has, I don't remember what it's called) that increases the chance for each stat to increase when the character levels up.
But it's not an issue in this FE, really since you can reclass your character as many times as you want.

Anteo

These are Chrom grow Rates when in the Lord/Great Lord class:

HP__Str__Mag_Skl__Spd_ Luk__Def__Res
85% 60% 10% 60% 60% 70% 45% 25%

It means Chrom has a 85% chance of getting +1 on HP on every level up.

The grow rates change depending on both the class and character. Two characters on the same class will have different grow rates, also the same character in other class will have different grow rates too.

-Horizon-

Horizon, I'll always love you.

Even if you decide to chop me up into five pieces and bury me at five exotic beaches.

<3

i716antyvRr45.gif

This game has crashed on me like 5 times now, and every time it happens just before the end of a really long mission and its pissing me off. Is there any fix for this? Pal 3DSxl with cartridge version

That's really strange, might be something wrong with the 3DS. Has it ever crashed with any other game?

It's a dice roll for each stat but there are some that are more likely to increase depending on the class/character.
There are a skill (the one Donnel has, I don't remember what it's called) that increases the chance for each stat to increase when the character levels up.
But it's not an issue in this FE, really since you can reclass your character as many times as you want.

These are Chrom grow Rates when in the Lord/Great Lord class:

HP__Str__Mag_Skl__Spd_ Luk__Def__Res
85% 60% 10% 60% 60% 70% 45% 25%

It means Chrom has a 85% chance of getting +1 on HP on every level up.

The grow rates change depending on both the class and character. Two characters on the same class will have different grow rates, also the same character in other class will have different grow rates too.
Good to know, thanks guys.

GamerSoul

It's fucking happening, boy and girls.

March 17.

Im guessing the statue?

Man I wish I knew beforehand that in Lunatic/Lunatic+ you get a decreased amount of exp from an enemy until you're only left with the kill exp. :/ I thought I had it all planned out lol. Finally finishing up chapter 2 though. All I had to do is pair Fred and Chrom again >.> did not want to do that but it works.

Aexact

Im guessing the statue?

Man I wish I knew beforehand that in Lunatic/Lunatic+ you get a decreased amount of exp from an enemy until you're only left with the kill exp. :/ I thought I had it all planned out lol. Finally finishing up chapter 2 though. All I had to do is pair Fred and Chrom again >.> did not want to do that but it works.
Haha, you tried to boss abuse Chapter 1 by standing on the fort until the guy ran out of Short Axes too? (oh wait, you're said you were stuck on Chap 2, guess that works with the forts too) Yeah, exp scaling or something. Eventually stop earning Weapon Exp and support points too.

Don't know if it's the same for Normal/Hard, never tried to game the system that way because fighting random Risen spawns or Spotpass teams was an option.

But now that you're on Chapter 3, time to introduce always active Aegis+/Pavise+! (better those then Luna+/Hawkeye imo).

Cost:
2625 Gold to forge a Bronze Lance with 8 MT
1 Tiki's Tear from Renown Awards
Finding an Archer without Pass/Counter
Managing to recruit Donnel in Lunatic+
Priceless

GamerSoul

Haha, you tried to boss abuse Chapter 1 by standing on the fort until the guy ran out of Short Axes too? (oh wait, you're said you were stuck on Chap 2, guess that works with the forts too) Yeah, exp scaling or something. Eventually stop earning Weapon Exp and support points too.

Don't know if it's the same for Normal/Hard, never tried to game the system that way because fighting random Risen spawns or Spotpass teams was an option.

But now that you're on Chapter 3, time to introduce always active Aegis+/Pavise+! (better those then Luna+/Hawkeye imo).

Cost:
2625 Gold to forge a Bronze Lance with 8 MT
1 Tiki's Tear from Renown Awards
Finding an Archer without Pass/Counter
Managing to recruit Donnel in Lunatic+
Priceless

Yea I tried it for Chp 2 and waited until he ran out of short axes. I was planning to at least buff up my Chrom and Avatar like 5 levels. And like you said, those bastards even stop you from leveling your weapon rank! >:eek: djkjfdkgjd

Archers with pass/counter and always active Aegis+/Pavise+!? lol You cannot make this stuff up. And yea I agree it's not as bad as Luna+. I'll probably not even attempt Donnel's chapter at this rate.

McNum

So Sully and Fredrick are max level Great Knights at chapter 21. Do you just class-change them?
Pretty much. Level 20 promoted means you need a Second Seal to improve.

Paladin is never a bad choice, you get Aegis from that. I'd make Sully a Paladin here. Fredrick can also go General to pick up Pavise and Rally Defense. Or go pick up the Wyvern/Griffon skills.

TheBear

I think my copy of FE is borked. I left Luigi's Mansion running for hours last night and had no issues. Meanwhile, I can't get pass the tree level because it keeps crashing right before the end which is incredibly annoying. I spent a good half hour on a level and it crashes and then I cry.
What are my options as far as save game transfers go?

Anteo

I think my copy of FE is borked. I left Luigi's Mansion running for hours last night and had no issues. Meanwhile, I can't get pass the tree level because it keeps crashing right before the end which is incredibly annoying. I spent a good half hour on a level and it crashes and then I cry.
What are my options as far as save game transfers go?

You could buy a digital copy and transfer the save
so no options really.

RedSwirl

Jesus. I've gotten Donnel up to a point where he can win battles almost by himself. If the objective is "Defeat the Commander," I basically just have him run up there as quick as possible. Motherfucker took down Walhart in one turn.

NeonZ

What's the difficulty level? If it's normal, he can pretty much solo the game. If it's hard, he might have trouble in the final chapter, but that's it. Lunatic, he's good for the main campaign, if you somehow manage to train him, but not great, and he's outright bad for the post-game DLC.

Zing

Banned
Ever since this game came out I've been hawking for some kind of $30 deal. I think Im going to finally cave and just purchase it on the eshop. Can't...wait...anymore!
I finally found a used copy at EB. I bought it with a coupon, so it was $31.50 plus tax. Yoshi's New Island was set for release a few days later, so I delayed actually playing Fire Emblem until last night. What a great game. I have never played this series before. I am not very far into the game and still getting a handle on what all the stats mean.

I guess I should read the digital manual. There are a few things yet to be explained by the in-game tips. For example, I assume the number next to a weapon indicates how many times the weapon can be used, but does it "regenerate" after a battle?

I finally found a used copy at EB. I bought it with a coupon, so it was $31.50 plus tax. Yoshi's New Island was set for release a few days later, so I delayed actually playing Fire Emblem until last night. What a great game. I have never played this series before. I am not very far into the game and still getting a handle on what all the stats mean.

I guess I should read the digital manual. There are a few things yet to be explained by the in-game tips. For example, I assume the number next to a weapon indicates how many times the weapon can be used, but does it "regenerate" after a battle?

Yes and no; weapon uses only degrade, unless you use a rare Hammerne staff.

For cheap weapons, buy more; for rare ones, you need to conserve them.

RiggyRob

Nope - the only way to 'regenerate' the number of times a weapon can be used is to use the Hammerne staff on it, which itself usually only has 3 uses. The Falchion is one of the better weapons in the game simply because it doesn't have a number of uses and so never breaks.

ohlawd

That's right. It will continue to tick down every use until it hits 0 when it breaks. Armsthrift (Luck*2 %) has a chance to prevent weapon use. 50 Luck (100%) means its usage will never go down.

Top Bottom