• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Shengar

Bows should have a default 2-3 range, and 2-4 for long bow and double bow.
3 could be the default range, but 4 is too massively OP.
We know it very much that Archers role for most the part is to chip away enemy's health, as such they should receive double exp from normal attack during player phase.

For all the weirdos.

wP5NHBV.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/76064...k-and-more-new-toys-from-wonder#disqus_thread

Cordelia figure?
Whaaaat?
It should come sooner than Tharja.

Darksol

I bought this six hours ago. I have been playing this for six hours straight. I'm only coming on GAF to say that I'm absolutely delighted to be playing a game that gives me such giddy Final Fantasy Tactics vibes.

McNum

So, I've been having sort of a slow replaying of the game with a female Avatar married to Chrom. Just passed Chapter 21.

Well, dang. That post chapter scene is much better like this. If you've only played the game as a male Avatar and are thinking about a replay, I recommend giving a female Avatar married to Chrom a try for that scene.

But i wonder... is there a third variant of the scene for
a male Avatar married to Lucina
?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So, I've been having sort of a slow replaying of the game with a female Avatar married to Chrom. Just passed Chapter 21.

Well, dang. That post chapter scene is much better like this. If you've only played the game as a male Avatar and are thinking about a replay, I recommend giving a female Avatar married to Chrom a try for that scene.

But i wonder... is there a third variant of the scene for
a male Avatar married to Lucina
?

Yeah, there is. First play through I was female and game automatically married me to Chrom first I was like wut and kinda disappointed but it made the development of the game make more sense the story closer knit than my future playthroughs

KiraFA37

Really? I love these small changes to the storyline to suit the correct pairings, makes each play through a bit special. I should really finish my Chrom x FE Avatar playthrough first though since I've reset the game a couple of time now and am planning to "grind" all the characters endings. Might have to drop pokemon for a while and focus on this.

McNum

So, riddle time. Some call it a curse, some a blessing... but tell me this: Who is Noire's father?

I think that's the first time in well over 100 hours of play I've seen this happen. And it happens while grinding supports with Noire. Well, do that again and she's on my starting team. Next up... Recruiting Kjelle. With Renewal. There's just something cheesy about a General with Renewal... Well, mildly cheesy, could be worse, but still. Best Defense class with regeneration.

McNum

Completed my second file today. Yay.

I didn't know it was possible to beat the Endgame chapter fighting ONLY the final boss. But I just wanted to see what happened if I rushed it. Had to have everyone mounted and use a couple of Rescue staff shenanigans, but the boss fell on turn 2. And I'm pretty sure that with a proper chain of Rescues, it'd be possible to do it in one if the Pair Up doing the attacking is A Support Chrom/Lucina both wielding their Falchions.

So... now what? The 3DS Activity Log says 159 hours played, but... I kind of want to have another go. Awesome game to have that effect. I'll be running out of save slots, but, really, only Slot 1 is sacred since that's where I did the DLC grinding.

But I beat the game twice on Normal. So the logical step would be to try out Hard, I suppose. Any tips on that to avoid culture shock? You know, things from Normal that doesn't work anymore. The game doesn't get crazy until Lunatic, right?

Also, I have to think up a new Avatar... First one was a self-insert-ish character. Second an old character that I keep reusing. Don't really have an idea for a third. Other than it should neither be +Speed/-Luck or +Mag/-HP since I've already done that. Thinking +Def/-??? (Not -Speed) for the next one. A more tankish Avatar this time. Anyone have any input for one of those?

EDIT: And I've started up on Hard. You know what I like about Fire Emblem difficulties? What you see is what you get. This IS hard. I'm finding myself resorting to a turtle strategy more than i did on Normal. And Virion is already at risk of getting doubled... in chapter 2. I so need to get Kellam so I can get some bait for the enemy. The AI is also different, I think. Enemies move together now. And, of course, more stats.

This won't be a picnic. I was thinking of going for Maribelel/Chrom, but so far, Chrom's been needing backup that can actually fight, meaning Sully. Haven't lost anyone, but Miriel, Stahl, and Virion have had some close calls. And Lissa's worn out almost half her Heal staff...

In other words, this? This is good old Fire Emblem. Welcome to die! This will be fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm so bad at this haha, lost that guy whos in armor and invisible in the first fight I get him, as well as the woman on pegasus, then lost another 2 following, lost the little farm boy too shame as I was training him up and in a battle lost the ally before frederick could get to her, so she aint joining my team :(

NeonZ

If you go with Tiki, Morgan/the avatar's daughter is a dragon too. Lucina will automatically give her the Aether skill, but no classes.

CorvoSol

If you go with Tiki, Morgan/the avatar's daughter is a dragon too. Lucina will automatically give her the Aether skill, but no classes.

If I pick Tiki that should technically allow one other first gen character to pair off, right? Whereas if I pick Lucina that should actually mean one more 2nd gen character cannot.

Lucina is canon.
:3

I mostly just want to pick Lucina to see Chrom's reaction. I always go with Olivia because it's wacky enough, but making Avatar marry Lucina on top of that would just make the whole shebang nuts.

NeonZ

Unrelated to the last few posts, but, thinking about it, the choice in the final chapter is rather counter intuitive...

(spoilers for the final chapter, of course)
The avatar's family only gets extra lines in the ending where Chrom finishes the battle, while the avatar ending is mostly focused on Chrom's reaction to the avatar's actions...

If I pick Tiki that should technically allow one other first gen character to pair off, right? Whereas if I pick Lucina that should actually mean one more 2nd gen character cannot.

If you pick Lucina, all second gen characters (and Morgan) can be paired up. There are 6 2nd gen males and 6 2nd gen females, plus Morgan, who's always the avatar's opposite gender. Due to Morgan, one 2nd gen character will always remain without a 2nd gen pairing. So, if you pair up with a 2nd gen character, all 2nd gen characters will be able to have pairs and no one will be left out.

Both Lucina and Tiki will result in one more first gen character being able to get ranking S. There are 11 1st gen females who can be paired up with non-Avatar characters and 12 1st gen males to be paired up with them - not counting the avatar and people like Basilio, who can't achieve S rankings with non-female avatar characters. Then, there are 6 1st gen females who can only be paired up with the avatar, and 5 1st gen male characters in the same situation.

So, as long as you don't go for one of those 11 1st gen girls who can have other pairings, you'll technically get one extra pair for the first gen. I guess that going for a 1st gen girl would mean one more 1st gen character getting paired up due to the chosen girl herself.

RedSwirl

Does anybody else mainly just put their units into a sort of phalanx in Fire Emblem? Awakening especially seems suited for it.

I'm talking about a formation where I basically put all my generals and cavalry on the outside with ranged units right behind them, other warriors covering their sides, and support units towards the back out of enemy range. Then I just keep slowly moving the whole unit to just within enemy range and let enemies smash up against the cavalry/generals while ranged units hit them from behind and support units keep them going. Some of the features in Awakening seem to make this strategy even more effective than before (the last FE I played was FE7). Bunching everyone together causes repeated gang-up and friendly defense. Any rally command also pretty much affects my whole force.

Also, the future characters I've found so far really ain't worth shit. Almost none of them can survive a single turn on their own. Same goes for basically all my aerial units, though probably because I never used them often.

2014-02-11-Fire-Emblem.png

"I played Fire Emblem Awakening and really wanted to make my son a prince BUT THEN CHROM PICKED THIS

COW

TO BE HIS WIFE

INSTEAD OF ME"

To be perfectly honest though I don't even try to think of my avatar as the player character or my perspective at all. He already has established dialogue and thus an existing personality. For some fucking reason I decided to marry him off to Lissa. Maybe so he and Chrom could be actual bros. Otherwise I haven't messed around with the marriage system much at all. Put Virion and Sully together but that's it.

GamerSoul

I love how Inigo is holding her back like "chill babe" lol. I could never get Chrom paired with Olivia though, I can never build that support up in time even when I try to keep him away from the others.

edit: oh and I hate lunatic +. I've been stuck on chapter 2 like for months. I've haven't played Awakening for awhile but still.

CorvoSol

I love how Inigo is holding her back like "chill babe" lol. I could never get Chrom paired with Olivia though, I can never build that support up in time even when I try to keep him away from the others.

edit: oh and I hate lunatic +. I've been stuck on chapter 2 like for months. I've haven't played Awakening for awhile but still.

First move in the fight is to pair him with Olivia. Second move is to not do jack with anybody other than them.

Alright, so after having finally caught up with the GBA Fire Emblems, i am slowly working my way up to the Cube /Wii ones, but i just realized by the time i will get to Awakening, will i still be able to BUY the game just like that or is this one likely to go rare like some of the other entries in the series?

TLDR: Buy now or wait (since i won't play it now)?

-Horizon-

Alright, so after having finally caught up with the GBA Fire Emblems, i am slowly working my way up to the Cube /Wii ones, but i just realized by the time i will get to Awakening, will i still be able to BUY the game just like that or is this one likely to go rare like some of the other entries in the series?

TLDR: Buy now or wait (since i won't play it now)?
Well, the game is on the eshop so unless you really want a physical copy you should be fine.

Oh that's right i totally forgot... well i'd rather have a physical copy but i suppose the eshop version would do in a pinch

Get it now, if you can get a decent deal on it. I don't think the game should be going into rarity anytime soon, but just to be safe... you know?

Not that digital is bad in any way, though... >_>

-Horizon-

Yeah just get the physical copy soon then. Don't take the chance.

So when are we getting Fire Emblem Arena: Dancing all Night Intelligent Systems!?

CorvoSol

Started a new file, saved over my hard mode save because hard mode is too hard for me I guess. Well, mostly I don't have the time to devote to hard mode to get to the part where I can break it, so normal mode it is.

Aexact

Lunatic + is a really stupid mode.

I reset because this enemy has Luna+, this enemy has Luna+ AND Vantage+, those enemies didn't have Luna+ but too many other enemies have Luna+. Layered on top of enemies randomly having uppped critical chance with Gamble or Focus and the previously acceptable FE RNG chance of missing an 80% hit and this is truly the malicious Antichrist to the RNG Goddess. I know everyone is like "you can play the game however you want" but I'm only playing the game in 1 out of 20 resets. Lunatic + is stupid.

Will keep ramming head against the problem. Getting past the Prologue took like 3 hours.

GamerSoul

Lunatic + is a really stupid mode.

I reset because this enemy has Luna+, this enemy has Luna+ AND Vantage+, those enemies didn't have Luna+ but too many other enemies have Luna+. Layered on top of enemies randomly having uppped critical chance with Gamble or Focus and the previously acceptable FE RNG chance of missing an 80% hit and this is truly the malicious Antichrist to the RNG Goddess. I know everyone is like "you can play the game however you want" but I'm only playing the game in 1 out of 20 resets. Lunatic + is stupid.

Will keep ramming head against the problem. Getting past the Prologue took like 3 hours.

I totally agree with you. Ive ben stuck on chapter 2 for months. I need to start another real playthrough eventually. I need to wwaifu one last person...

Top Bottom