• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Has this been posted yet?

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War's fan retranslation has been released.

kOJ28DT.png
tumblr_o75wsy6FDL1tvos1zo6_r1_400.png
tumblr_o75wsy6FDL1tvos1zo2_400.png
tumblr_o75wsy6FDL1tvos1zo10_400.png

Does this mean I could actually see the ending this time?

Yep

bookofholsety from serenesforest said:
so, what's new with this translation, you ask?

• the entire game has been retranslated from the ground up, including everything missed by previous translations
  • the epilogue is fully translated and fully functional
  • a proportional font has been implemented for gameplay and menus
  • the chapter 4 sylvia glitch has been fixed
  • the seliph authority glitch has been fixed

Renewed

I was playing the prologue of FE4 with the new patch and enjoying it. Takes a bit of time to get through and I imagine it'll continue to expand. Music's great (that recruit theme) and animations look good.

Draxal

I was playing the prologue of FE4 with the new patch and enjoying it. Takes a bit of time to get through and I imagine it'll continue to expand. Music's great (that recruit theme) and animations look good.

Yeah, fe4 has the best recruit theme in the series.

Xbro

Fe6's version is pretty horrific.

Yes, I know what it is

Funny thing is I was playing FE6 just today and the recruitment theme sounds a bit off. But I'm taking a break from that for now to replay FE4 in light of this new patch.

Draxal

We should be Getting Fe6 love with in the next week.

Wouldn't suprise me if the set 5 previews start tomorrow(or today in JST).

CiPaEDHUgAAURz0.jpg

Is it me or is Hardin completely out of place in this picture?

Female equivalent.

CiPaEQ8U4AAJR4a.jpg

Azura the true queen of fire emblem.

No Caeda but Hardin is kinda funny.

Yeah, fe4 has the best recruit theme in the series.

I disagree, I find "With Us!" better.

Also sad to note that With Us! is the last good recruitment theme, Fates had two shots at that.
(I'm not counting the DS remakes)

Edit: FE 9/10 art style was great, hope they revisit one day

Xbro

Also sad to note that With Us! is the last good recruitment theme, Fates had two shots at that.

I'm going to say that With Us! is not the last good recruitment theme. Stalwarts Unite is better

NeonZ

I like "Guest of Shade", Nohr's recruitment theme. The mix of heroic and ominous beat works for Conquest, even if it doesn't have as much energy as past themes. And, in spite of that, it's still more upbeat than the Hoshido and Awakening ones.

They really should have had a true classic style recruitment theme for Revelations though rather than just reusing the two country based ones.

jnWake

I wish FE4 had an official way of playing it. I try to avoid emulation but I guess it can't be helped for games like this one.

I'm going to say that With Us! is not the last good recruitment theme. Stalwarts Unite is better
I don't really count updated version of songs, but if we are being technical you could say that.

Edit: wait there's a new translation? I'm half way In a run of FE4...decisions, decisions.

When school is over I'll just restart it

jnWake

If you like to watch people suffer, next GameXplain's stream should have Derrick battling the Phantom Ship chapter in Sacred Stones. I think he streams on Sundays.

Aters

If you consider yourself a FE fan or SRPG fan in general, please play FE4. It hasn't aged at all. In fact, I'd say FE franchise stopped growing from that point.

Katsuragi

I hope they continue to release the Fire Emblem Cipher art books at events like Comiket. I'm a pretty devoted FE collector, but I don't think I can justify getting into collecting the cards even though I like (some of) the illustrations quite a bit - I'd rather stick to the books.

I hope they continue to release the Fire Emblem Cipher art books at events like Comiket. I'm a pretty devoted FE collector, but I don't think I can justify getting into collecting the cards even though I like (some of) the illustrations quite a bit - I'd rather stick to the books.

i hope they release them as standard releases
i'm not always going to be lucky and have friends at every comiket

--------------------------

if you remembered you ordered the cordelia figure, congrats, she's finally coming out on June 1st

Lunar15

If you consider yourself a FE fan or SRPG fan in general, please play FE4. It hasn't aged at all. In fact, I'd say FE franchise stopped growing from that point.

Makes sense. With Kaga's vision lost, the team was likely afraid to move forward, or didn't know which direction to go.

Draxal

Makes sense. With Kaga's vision lost, the team was likely afraid to move forward, or didn't know which direction to go.

It really doesn't though since Kaga did 5 and a lot of people consider it his magnum opus.

I mean don't get me wrong I love 4, but if I weren't to look it at it holistically it does a lot of things wrong (maps are way too large and meandering), and 5 definitely adds some concepts to the series that some people love.

It really doesn't though since Kaga did 5 and a lot of people consider it his magnum opus.

I mean don't get me wrong I love 4, but if I weren't to look it at it holistically it does a lot of things wrong (maps are way too large and meandering).

boy i loved backtracking in horse emblem through endless forests though!

Draxal

It's definitely worth playing but it's not the Holy Grail of Fire Emblem some make it out to be. Even of the Kaga games Thracia is much better than it.

They go for very different takes. I really like 4's take aesthetically, I think 5 makes for a better game.

Midori's bday in Japan.

CilpgUUUkAAyb5p.jpg

Xbro

The only thing that really irks me about FE4 is the lack of any form of trading. Sure you can sell and rebuy items, but then in the second gen when you want to get a holy weapon from one character to another, you can't.

Relase a prettier version of the same game today and the new audience that Fates and awakening brought will leave most likely.

CazTGG

If you consider yourself a FE fan or SRPG fan in general, please play FE4. It hasn't aged at all.

Seisen No Keifu has aged, albeit mostly well, but it has aged. The weapons triangle was really unbalanced in that entry in terms of the bonus it gave and was improved upon in future entri-

In fact, I'd say FE franchise stopped growing from that point.

3j1NS1m.png

batfax

In FEF, do green units death count in the first few missions (before the game branches out)?

I don't think any unit loss before the branch matters, as they just retreat or something. Otherwise they wouldn't be recruitable/fightable depending on what branch you picked.

Lynx_7

Oh, I'm very excited to play Genealogy for the first time. Shame I already got spoiled about some major plot points, but oh well.
I'll wait for them to release a more stable version first as it looks like there are a few minor bugs here and there on the current patch. I've waited a long time already, a few more weeks shouldn't hurt. Besides, I'm a little burnt out after Birthright.
Looks like my current playthrough of Sacred Stones is gonna have to wait.

Now they need to do Thracia.

Golnei

It's a shame there's so little chance of it getting an official NoA translation to properly localise it without the ill-fitting memes.

CazTGG

It's a shame there's so little chance of it getting an official NoA translation to properly localise it without the ill-fitting memes.

Those "ill-fitting memes" represent 1% at most of the game's overall writing, of which there's a ton of in Fates
also the rawr dragon one's implementation was adorable in how it showed off Kana's character
. Frankly, it's amazing that Treehouse was able to improve upon the source material that Fates provided because, being frank, Fates' three stories are varying degrees of "not good" with Conquest as a potential low point for the series for its pretentious, repetitive dialogue and Birthright barely rising above being okay. It's like saying Ocean's Dragonball Z "ruined the original" because they went with saying "over 9,000" and forced it into the show instead of saying 8,000: One largely unimportant decision, however one may like or dislike it (for the record, I loathe memes in general), is not a fair representation of the game's overall writing. Focusing on the meme is a largely fruitless effort when there are legitimate grievances one can have with the translation i.e. spelling errors, the potentially culturally insensitive to Aboriginal ties one can find with Keaton and the wolfskin, etc.

Top Bottom