• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Squire

Banned
After deliberating, I decided to promote Mozu to Master of Arms, then bump Takumi to Sniper later, if I feel like it. Hopefully, I'll make up the Master Seals I've used when the shop upgrades again...

You'll get more from fights, too. I have a 2-3 now that I don't even need.

GamerSoul

On chapter 21 Birthright ...
I DID NOT see the Boss causing an area effect after attacking him. It almost costed me the chapter!!!!!! That was a pretty annoying chapter. I mean shit..
I probably would've rage reset that one.

I think I might take it easy today and make some babies. Saizo. it's time to become a family man.

Birthright 23

Restarted the fight. Two simple changes utterly made this much easier. switched out Sophie for Jakob since he is effectively a mage killer and had everyone paired up. It was a breeze this time.

And yes I'm playing on hard.

Squire

Banned
Birthright 19 is a great map/gimmick. I think I would've preferred boss as objective rather than routing, but I guess that would've broken the actual gimmick.

Damn, the bath house DLC was not easy.

I bought Boo Camp last night. Have yet to play it. Wanna get to know the Nohr siblings a bit, so I'll probably play Beach Brawl when I go through Conquest.

That's reassuring, thanks.

No problem.

Gundy2010

Is it just my bad luck or Rinka's stats growth is god awful? There is a shortage of club/axe users in Birthright, and everytime I gave her a chance she becomes a burden to the team.

Had to promote Hana and Sylas into Master of Arms and Great Knight instead, even though Swordmaster and Paladin seems like better choices...

Swamped

Banned
Crap. Chapter 10 Conquest Hard...I was doing so well! I made to one turn after
water evaporates
. Wasn't paying attention and a pegasus got through. The frustrating thing was that it was completely avoidable on my part! Good thing is I think I have a system down. I don't seem to be doing much with Effie and Odin however, so I feel like I could definitely improve the efficiency of my system.

Wish I had access to buying more freeze staves, those things are really useful. Unfortunately I used all of my up on the previous chapter lol.

Squire

Banned
Is it just my bad luck or Rinka's stats growth is god awful? There is a shortage of club/axe users in Birthright, and everytime I gave her a chance she becomes a burden to the team.

Had to promote Hana and Sylas into Master of Arms and Great Knight instead, even though Swordmaster and Paladin seems like better choices...

Rinkah's a trash unit, sadly. You'll get a club user later.

Luigi87

Crap. Chapter 10 Conquest Hard...I was doing so well! I made to one turn after
water evaporates
. Wasn't paying attention and a pegasus got through. The frustrating thing was that it was completely avoidable on my part! Good thing is I think I have a system down. I don't seem to be doing much with Effie and Odin however, so I feel like I could definitely improve the efficiency of my system.

Wish I had access to buying more freeze staves, those things are really useful. Unfortunately I used all of my up on the previous chapter lol.

Best of luck on your next run. I wouldn't have gotten through it without a Freeze staff admittedly, lol.

Admittedly Odin has fallen too far behind for me in my Conquest run (though I did have him manning the Orb on Ch.10). Effie though, she's a friggin' tank. I love her.

Kama_1082

Banned
I don't think I have the will power to power through all 3 paths. I'm about to finish birthright and go straight to revelation tomorrow

Zebetite

Banned

as far as birthright is concerned she is tied for third place in having the Worst Strength Growths In The Game.

her personal strength growth, without class bonus, is 25.

she has solid skill, speed and def growths, but none of them mean anything if she can't kill anything ever!

as far as birthright is concerned she is tied for third place in having the Worst Strength Growths In The Game.

she has solid skill, speed and def growths, but none of them mean anything if she can't kill anything ever!

If she has crap strength growth it would have been cool if her personal skill scaled somehow.

Insolitus

Banned
I don't think I have the will power to power through all 3 paths. I'm about to finish birthright and go straight to revelation tomorrow

I'm thinking of doing the same thing since I'm really only interested in seeing how much harder Conquest is, but Revelation doesn't release until March 10 so I'll probably do all 3 anyway.

Moonlight

Banned

I'd say she has decent skl/spd/def, nothing outstanding even among her best stats. I think the most hilarious thing to me is that not only does spindly old Sakura not only have a slightly better strength growth rate than Rinkah, she also doesn't see any minuses on her strength cap unlike Rinkah. Fully buffed up, she is slightly stronger than muscly Rinkah.

Squire

Banned
I'd say she has decent skl/spd/def, nothing outstanding even among her best stats. I think the most hilarious thing to me is that not only does spindly old Sakura not only have a slightly better strength growth rate than Rinkah, she also doesn't see any minuses on her strength cap unlike Rinkah. Fully buffed up, she is slightly stronger than muscly Rinkah.

Sakura's a real Trojan horse.

I benched Odin back when because he couldn't take a hit (and magic was my boon anyway so between me and Felicia I could take out low-mid Res foes pretty fast). Now I'm grinding him up (mostly to marry him off to Felicia) and... he's getting really good level ups. I MIGHT use him in the next chapter depending on how well he does after I promote him.

Azuran

Banned
Is there any reason to grind a promoted class to level 20 or can I change at 15 without penalties when I get the final skill?

pariah164

After Birthright Chapter 19,
(dat Noble Yato doe)
, Orochi is ready for promotion. Basara or Onmyoji? I was thinking about bumping Sakura to Onmyoji eventually, so should I try Basara?

Insolitus

Banned
After Birthright Chapter 19,
(dat Noble Yato doe)
, Orochi is ready for promotion. Basara or Onmyoji? I was thinking about bumping Sakura to Onmyoji eventually, so should I try Basara?

I went with Basara until I got Rend Heaven then I changed her to Onmyoji for the higher magic stats.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Conquest children >>>>>>>>> Birthright Children

I finally got Ignatius, turned him into a Great Knight, and sent him off next to my other new recruit, Soleil. The two of them tear up the battlefield. Camilla really is an awesome choice for Ignatius's mother, as he gets her skill that damages all surrounding enemies after a turn.

Now it's time to do the Siegbert and Forrest paralogues, both of which seem literally impossible.

Tingle

Conquest children >>>>>>>>> Birthright Children

I finally got Ignatius, turned him into a Great Knight, and sent him off next to my other new recruit, Soleil. The two of them tear up the battlefield. Camilla really is an awesome choice for Ignatius's mother, as he gets her skill that damages all surrounding enemies after a turn.

Now it's time to do the Siegbert and Forrest paralogues, both of which seem literally impossible.

I personally find the entire cast of Conquest to be more interesting so far, in both character design and personality. The whole Hoshdio side feels a lot less varied in their designs, and their personalities are typically more generic to me.

Holy shit difficulty spike on Chapter 25. Hell even the god Ryoma has met his match.

Gonna have to grind it out a bit cause even these fucking Paladins are able to stand up to my damage output.

GamerSoul

So these paralogues...are even worse! lol I feel like almost half of my offensive units are glass cannons. Time to grind I guess.

Gaz_RB

Man I keep finding myself impressed by these Conquest cahpters. Some really great switch ups of the formula, and I find myself having to put a ton of effort into strategizing pretty much every turn.

Luigi87

Damn, starting Conquest 13, suddenly much more limitation on number of units I can use.

Also neat that it's the same map from Birthright 13
since it's in Cheve
but from the opposite side.

pariah164

The promotions keep coming. Oboro just hit max, so I'm going to kick her up into Spear Master; I already have Orochi as a Basara, so it makes sense.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why did I make the mistake of trying to use Mozu. I've got her to level 7 only to learn she is a freaking bow wielder.

I have the "free" scrolls for two dread fighters and a great lord. Thinking she might be a good candidate for one of them unless I write off my efforts leveling her as wasted.

Those aren't one-time class changes right? After I use it once I can go back to it with a heart seal?

PK Gaming

tumblr_o3e5ykiJA21rylck0o1_500.gif

tumblr_o3e5ykiJA21rylck0o2_500.gif

Betrayer

Renewed

Paralogues usually keep up with you. Although I do these paralogues late so I can get the Offspring Seal and Hinoka along with other units are taking 0-3 damage. It lets me level up units I put off for a while.

The last paralogue I did was for Hisame and even though the enemies had skills (a couple with counters), none of them had near 30 attack.

Who are generally considered the best units in Conquest? I'm at chapter 14 and want to make sure I'm not leveling or ignoring the wrong units.

Top Bottom