• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Anteo

That was actually my strategy. Blow all the barrels, let them come to the two choke points on the left and right of the dragon vein, then push for Ryoma.

I think I spread the exp too thin to do that. Cant even engage with the archers without spaming healing items.

Still working my way through Birthright, currently on Chapter 19 with no grinding done and just a few child paralogues. I'm playing on Hard/Classic. Considering I haven't done any grinding, how much harder will Conquest be for me?

Still working my way through Birthright, currently on Chapter 19 with no grinding done and just a few child paralogues. I'm playing on Hard/Classic. Considering I haven't done any grinding, how much harder will Conquest be for me?

Hard Birthright is as difficult as Normal Conquest. Though it's probably even easier because of Ryoma and all the free handouts of items and gold each chapter gives.

Birthright 24

Killing Hans was so satisfying. Was there any way to save Lilith? Gotta admit, going back to her temple and not seeing her there anymore was kinda sad.

Swamped

Banned
Finally on the famous Chapter 10 of Conquest! Playing on hard, but it doesn't look that bad...surely I can survive 11 turns.

Weevilone

I haven't spent a lot of time with the series and I feel like I'm missing something on managing weapon choices. I've been using the optimize feature mostly because I don't understand the micromanagement part of the game. On Birthright Chapter 11 so far.

Anteo

Finally on the famous Chapter 10 of Conquest! Playing on hard, but it doesn't look that bad...surely I can survive 11 turns.

Yeah, that chapter is like "oh you think you can survive, yeah no"

I haven't spent a lot of time with the series and I feel like I'm missing something on managing weapon choices. I've been using the optimize feature mostly because I don't understand the micromanagement part of the game. On Birthright Chapter 11 so far.

You have to think about one thing, who needs healing items the most (those who push without help from your healers). Optimize doesnt account for your strategy.

NeonZ

This game actually increased the complexity of the weapons advantages and disadvantages by quite a bit compared to before, to make up for eliminating weapon durability.

I wouldn't recommend the optimization command though. You shouldn't have that many weapons, especially not in the early game.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm getting so humiliated by the "Invasion 2" mission in birthright... I'm afraid I'll have to turn in my SRPG players member card if I don't beat it soon D:

Insolitus

Banned
I'm getting so humiliated by the "Invasion 2" mission in birthright... I'm afraid I'll have to turn in my SRPG players member card if I don't beat it soon D:

That's the one with all the fliers right? What I did was I kept 2 people on the left and right sides of the field to handle reinforcements and focused everyone else on the middle portion. The last wave where all the Falcon knights bum rush you is the worst, but as long as you're ready it isn't bad.

Fireblend

Banned
That's the one with all the fliers right? What I did was I kept 2 people on the left and right sides of the field to handle reinforcements and focused everyone else on the middle portion. The last wave where all the Falcon knights bum rush you is the worst, but as long as you're ready it isn't bad.

FInally beat it. I was completely overrun the first time I tried it, the second I actually handled it well but didn't notice a unit approaching the throne (lol) and now I just focused on the sides and prepared for the wave advancing from the bottom. Pretty easy actually.

Boney

Banned
I think I spread the exp too thin to do that. Cant even engage with the archers without spaming healing items.
You should be using the medicine pots to boost your defense. And leave just two of your bulkiest units to cover the entrance. In my case it was Effie and Selena (wth I know). They have really low hp so after they come you should be able to one shot them.

Hugstable

Banned
Having alot of trouble in Conquest Hard chapter 7 now. Can last awhile, but eventually get overwhelmed by the amount of enemies, even when using Elise to freeze some here and there. Thinking I'm just gonna bump the difficulty down to Normal or something. Finished Birthright on normal and had fights where I died a few times like Chapter 10-14 and later 24-27, but nothing like this. I'm guessing Chapter 7 isn't even hard since I rarely see anyone mention it compared to alot of Conquest's later chapters, so I don't know if Hard is gonna be right for me on this one. Just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here. Gonna try one more attempt (gonna be lucky number 15!) before I call it quits and just bump down the difficulty.

Luigi87

WVW69i80FmQ-aPm6pL

Relatable!

Edit: Just fed Lilith who hit lv.16 and... zero growth. Whaaaat

Boney

Banned
Having alot of trouble in Conquest Hard chapter 7 now. Can last awhile, but eventually get overwhelmed by the amount of enemies, even when using Elise to freeze some here and there. Thinking I'm just gonna bump the difficulty down to Normal or something. Finished Birthright on normal and had fights where I died a few times like Chapter 10-14 and later 24-27, but nothing like this. I'm guessing Chapter 7 isn't even hard since I rarely see anyone mention it compared to alot of Conquest's later chapters, so I don't know if Hard is gonna be right for me on this one. Just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here. Gonna try one more attempt (gonna be lucky number 15!) before I call it quits and just bump down the difficulty.
But where's the fun in that! Which one is 7 again? The abandoned fortress? The first wave of enemies are the hardest in which I recommend to tank with Effie with someone supporting her and the rest outside the enemies range so you can go for the kill on the damaged units and the archers. Also use Azura to activate the switch at the top.

Be careful with the reinforcements that come out of the stairs, you can pretty much wait them out before engaging the boss since they don't act in the same turn for some extra exp.

You need to learn how to not push too hard with all units and to leave some units without pairing so you can use double attacks to sweep through enemies on your defense line.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Same, I think I've tried it 5 times now? My castle is laid out more for aesthetics than defense haha. I don't have any of those defense buildings either.

I'm getting close, but I don't yet know how many waves show up. I've gotten up to the 2nd wave of reinforcements so far.

Hugstable

Banned
But where's the fun in that! Which one is 7 again? The abandoned fortress? The first wave of enemies are the hardest in which I recommend to tank with Effie with someone supporting her and the rest outside the enemies range so you can go for the kill on the damaged units and the archers. Also use Azura to activate the switch at the top.

Be careful with the reinforcements that come out of the stairs, you can pretty much wait them out before engaging the boss since they don't act in the same turn for some extra exp.

You need to learn how to not push too hard with all units and to leave some units without pairing so you can use double attacks to sweep through enemies on your defense line.

7 is the swamp like area with all the faceless. Sucks cause they send alot of them at you at once, and it takes like 2 of my characters attacking to get a kill, and you really only got like 2-3 units that can actually do damage there.

NeonZ

After the two waves of player reinforcements arrive, head south in order to avoid getting trapped in the middle. The biggest issue down bellow is the boss, but you'd need to take him down anyway.

Anustart

I don't understand weapon forging. There a reason it doesn't tell you how many you need of each ore to forge? Great, it takes pearls! How many is anyone's guess.

I don't understand weapon forging. There a reason it doesn't tell you how many you need of each ore to forge? Great, it takes pearls! How many is anyone's guess.

It takes materials + another copy of the weapon. It actually does say how many materials it takes in the right most column if I remember correctly.

Boney

Banned
7 is the swamp like area with all the faceless. Sucks cause they send alot of them at you at once, and it takes like 2 of my characters attacking to get a kill, and you really only got like 2-3 units that can actually do damage there.
Ah the one with three branches?
Send Corrin paired up with Someone to take care of the first wave either to the left or up top. Toy around I having them in offensive or defensive stand works better. Then go to the other branch (I probably recommend first left and then up) while keeping yourself healed. Then when you get your reinforcements, send them south to intercept the faceless coming from there. After that you should either have a few stragglers in the center while having a few extra units coming from the center and perhaps north ircc in the next few turns, sweep the units in the vicinity and heal and prepare for the last few units they are missing. The key is to make use of offensive stances to get a lot of damage in while having your beefy units be able to withstand their attacks.

zelhawks37

On chapter 14 hoshido route and the game has a nice difficulty curve so far with chapter 5 as the only difficulty spike. Loving the game despite some of the dialogue being cliche, but i kind of like it for some reason haha.

Loving the music too. Speaking of that, does anyone know what the music is called for chapter 13/14 hoshido route? Its freaking amazing.

Baliis

It takes materials + another copy of the weapon. It actually does say how many materials it takes in the right most column if I remember correctly.

Yea there's a column just called Ore iirc that has the number in it that you need. You probably don't have a spare of the weapon, that's what tripped me up when I first looked at it.

Beat Conquest last night. Here are my thoughts:

CONQUEST SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING:

Good ass FE game in every aspect besides the story. Thought the overall story arc and ending in general was pretty mediocre. Xander becoming king and everything being fine and dandy and honorable and alright was incredibly underwhelming. Honestly though, Ryoma's sacrifice and the moment where the MC speaks with their mother and Takumi (in heaven?) was pretty touching. I really liked Garon's monster design. Liked a lot of the characters, too. Niles, Odin and Ophelia (who my MC married) in particular were pretty memorable. Particularly loved Benny and Ignatius's support conversations, the first one being hilarious. Gameplay was incredibly on point and fixed a lot of my issues with gameplay variety. Chapters 8, 10, 14, 16, 21 and 24 were the standouts for me, with 10 and 16 in particular being some of my favorite FE chapters ever.

Overall: I fucking loved it. So good. Glad I got the SE because I'm itching for more. Looking forward to Birthright next.

pariah164

Haha, been here for a while... Think I broke my GBA when FE7 came out.

RNG is making me its bitch.
That was Sacred Stones, right? Yeah, I was playing that before Fates arrived.

Also, I've had a revelation: Archers can attack close up if they have a Sidelong Yumi. Holy shit.

Draxal

Oh. Welp. My FE newbness is showing.

Rekka no Ken being called Fire Emblem in the states is the confusing part ... when every game in the series in Japan has subtitles, makes it hard to explain the series to newcomers when out of the 14(15) titles only 7 have come out in the states.

(15) is the BS games which Int Sys counts, but fans don't.

L95

Rekka no Ken being called Fire Emblem in the states is the confusing part ... when every game in the series in Japan has subtitles, makes it hard to explain the series to newcomers when out of the 14(15) titles only 7 have come out in the states.

(15) is the BS games which Int Sys counts, but fans don't.

I actually think IS stopped counting 15 right after they started counting it.

Conquest normal 24 was quite the unusually one-sided affair.
It is a bow user's paradise and Niles captured four units just for fun.
Doing Forrest's paralogue just before was initially more challenging, with the enhanced difficulty this late in the game.

Anteo

I just realized that I've had to use all my units all the time to survive until now (including Camilla). I need to cut some untis and get a smaller team, but I'm not sure who to use.

Baliis

A time honored tradition of Fire Emblem series is alive and well.

Screwed up and put someone too far forward like during the Birthright finale, dead. Had to just close my 3DS and go to bed, was so pissed at myself.

Shouldve just baited the caster in, but I was worried he'd one shot Azura cuz she has ass for HP so I wanted to kill him, but couldn't handle the two attacks next turn. Oh well, at least the last chapter itself was pretty easy, just kinda slow as you bait people in.

Maybe a dumb question but for the Birthright endgame,
am I going to need to do anything with all the sigils on the floor or can I just kill Garon? I didn't even try attacking him because I wanted to see what they did lol.

massoluk

Banned
The fuck is wrong with chapter 10 Conquest? do enemy units stop spawning at somepoint?

My basic strategy. It worked well until RNG god kept screwing me up in the late game.
The arrow guy never leave the middle ballista until like the last 2-3 turns, the dancer girl right next to him most of the time. Camilla head for the boss in the right corner and pick out stray pegasus. One mage stay on the left post, with that healer girl on a horse, waiting for swordgirl reinforcement to hold left flank. A knight and the axe guy are sent straight to block bowmen on the right side. Never engage the left corner boss, that bastard is a cheater, freeze his ass until the end of time. Slowly move most of the troop in the middle to reinforce the left flank

Would playing through Birthright on Hard offer a more similar challenge to Conquest on Normal? Liked the difficulty curve of Conquest on Normal and wanted something similar.

For chapter 10 Conquest I had silas and Nyx man the left, Camilla, Corrin, and Effie manned the center, Niles got center ballista, Selena, Beruka, and Archer mozu guarded the right. Felicia hung out back to heal silas and the 3 girls, Elise hung out in the lower middle to heal the tanks. Azura danced a lot.

Chapter 17 Birthright, promoted some people and learned that Setsuna's technically the better archer in my playthrough, I'm just going to power through now so I can get to Conquest sooner.

Having the villages actually spawn enemies is interesting

Few things about
Flora
-
I'm not surprised that she was the one that betrays you
-
Something tells me that she has feelings for Jakob, but no supports for the two
-
I laughed when I found out that she's Sigurd 2.0

Top Bottom