• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Luigi87

it's especially amazing when you've got a partner in attack stance who also misses

That would hurt so much, lol
Fortunately I should still finish this map (Conquest 13) unless RNG really hates me... Just have to finish off the reinforcements.

Also I realize I had Peri go from 13 to 17 on this map (which means she's gone up seven levels in two chapters, lol)

rhandino

Banned
Seeing my Dragon Fang attack being evaded by a Ninja in the Arena last night was a sight to behold... more when he managed to land a mortal blow and I lost my milk =/

Luigi87

At least this isn't X-Com.

Too true.

Anywho, finished Conquest 13 (H/Cla). In spite of Niles missing those shots, Camilla was able to come in and clean up. If she didn't kill that enemy, it would have killed Azura on its turn.

From then on there were just some mounted units who Peri and Effie stomped through.

Closest moment was
Scarlet
nearly killing Niles when everyone seemed to miss their attacks against her...

Birthright 14 (H/Cla) is next.

I will say I... probably like my Conquest unit lineup more.

JulianImp

I got all three versions with the JP 50% off sale, and have been playing Birthright for the most part. I also tried Conquest for a bit (normal-classic on both, and it's certainly harder due to the enemy numbers and strength, so I've gone back to Birthright and plan on finishing it before moving onto Conquest.

I haven't had much trouble following the plot with my still limited Japanese vocabulary (seeing Galon send Corrin to his death twice in the span of two chapters was hilarious), but the one thing I'm having trouble with is understanding allied and enemy abilities, like those Nosferatu in Conquest Ch7 that dealt damage to nearby units at times, or how some of my units would sometimes recover HP at the start of my turn.

Accesories look really out of place for most units though, and they appear to be expensive as hell given the limited means I have of generating gems and food so far. The prospect of accessories boosting stats is really weird though, since most of them look goody and/or out of place and actually give pretty relevant stat bonuses for equipping them; imagining a soldier of mine running around wrapped in a bath towel or a bikini/speedo and that actually raising their damage output is hilarious, but in a bad way IMO.

Tingle

I got all three versions with the JP 50% off sale, and have been playing Birthright for the most part. I also tried Conquest for a bit (normal-classic on both, and it's certainly harder due to the enemy numbers and strength, so I've gone back to Birthright and plan on finishing it before moving onto Conquest.

I haven't had much trouble following the plot with my still limited Japanese vocabulary (seeing Galon send Corrin to his death twice in the span of two chapters was hilarious), but the one thing I'm having trouble with is understanding allied and enemy abilities, like those Nosferatu in Conquest Ch7 that dealt damage to nearby units at times, or how some of my units would sometimes recover HP at the start of my turn.

Accesories look really out of place for most units though, and they appear to be expensive as hell given the limited means I have of generating gems and food so far. The prospect of accessories boosting stats is really weird though, since most of them look goody and/or out of place and actually give pretty relevant stat bonuses for equipping them; imagining a soldier of mine running around wrapped in a bath towel or a bikini/speedo and that actually raising their damage output is hilarious, but in a bad way IMO.

The towels only show up if your unit gets stripped anyway, which essentially never happens in the story battles.

whew, cleared conquest 17
the guest died cause i didn't notice there was a path to the right side of the map from the bottom but whatever, it's just a speedwing

that map also made me curse at everyone who ever suggested fire emblem should get ninjas

NeonZ

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they've managed to make ninja feel so unique, rather than just a variation of a previous class.

Astral Dog

Birthright difficulty spike! So i used all status upgrade items on Ryoma (he is a beast) and bought some expensive from the shop.

Also, The Einjenhar can be very useful, i got one of Corrin and easily became one of my best units, i doubt i will get another though.

Balphon

Happens to me all the time. I swear this game changed the % formula

It may have. I've seen some people theorizing that Fates at least partially abandoned the weighted RNG of the last several games, but I can't be sure if that's the case.

demidar

Chapters 10 and 11 Conquest have been long and trying affairs, but damn does it feel good to get through it with no casualties.

Moonlight

Banned
It may have. I've seen some people theorizing that Fates at least partially abandoned the weighted RNG of the last several games, but I can't be sure if that's the case.
I haven't seen anything to say 2RN was removed but I can't help but think something changed in the formula behind the scenes. I've missed more on one map than all of Awakening.

Luigi87

Using dragon vein to break all the pots was not a good idea.

and paired Saizo and Kagero killed 2 or 3 of my units -__-

You kind of need to do it, but... Don't do it until after Saizo and Kagero are taken out, lol
Saizo's Flame Shuriken and Kagero's Sting Shruiken are dangerous.

I finished chapter 12 conquest and got both chests. Getting the chest was the tricky part, I had to get Effie teleported to the right room first to clear enemies, then hope for Corrin to get teleported too, I could not just open the door because of the archer with the swap skill. After that was the final push using the dragon vein (activated by Azura), going from the side makes it easier, but my middle was super weak with only 4 untis to defend against the enemy push. Left side almost falls too, I was forced to use Laslow and Peri to clear enemies because I was getting overun, I didnt want to give them exp.. oh well.
what are in the chests anyway? The chapter was annoying me so much that I just chose to escape instead of getting the chest or fighting Ryouma

Coppanuva

Jesus 19 of Conquest is tough... I don't have enough tanky units who don't get doubled by them (Effie's taking 22 a fight due to doubles, whereas a lower defense unit takes 19 in a single hit instead). Ugh.

PK Gaming

tumblr_o3darwBbcz1tkr3y5o1_540.jpg

c-calm down sakura!

pariah164

tumblr_o3darwBbcz1tkr3y5o1_540.jpg

c-calm down sakura!
No, she's got it right. Azama is an asshole and I'll be glad to be rid of him once I get to Conquest.

How do you build that support anyway? Advance one till they can attack? Because otherwise, they're both healers that can't do anything other than that.

Hazmat

No, she's got it right. Azama is an asshole and I'll be glad to be rid of him once I get to Conquest.

How do you build that support anyway? Advance one till they can attack? Because otherwise, they're both healers that can't do anything other than that.

Ugh, I've disliked all of Azama's support conversations to the point that I straight up skipped one last night. He's my healer, but I hope they let me kill him in Conquest.

pariah164

Ugh, I've disliked all of Azama's support conversations to the point that I straight up skipped one last night. He's my healer, but I hope they let me kill him in Conquest.
Same. And 'm not wasting a Master Seal on his ass, so I'll promote Sakura before I attempt that Support.

Luigi87

Wut? there are turns limit in chapter 12? BS.

It poorly words it.
It makes you think that if you don't complete it in under 16 turns than you are forced to defeat the boss.
... Nope, it's either defeat the boss or escape in under 16 turns.

I beat it on Hard/Classic with no casualties + both chests (the left side chest being extremely valuable for chapter 13). I skipped the boss because I was like "4% chance to crit me? I don't wanna risk it..."

Also Peri's design is great D=
Yay! Violence!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 9 pulled a Fire Emblem on me last night, was basically done, but no, here's a 1% crit to destroy that unit and your motivation on the last turn.

Beat that though, onward to the infamous chapter 10. At a glance, it might be a good thing I haven't done anything with Mozu yet, heart seal for a bow before jumping to dread fighter might be a good idea to use that other ballista.

Vamphuntr

You don't kill people in Conquest because Corrin doesn't allow it. You simply knock them out or they retreat.

Top Bottom