• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Xenoflare

Is it my bad luck or Corrin has shit res? I remember in the end she had plenty of res in the end of conquest but now she's still stuck at 6 at level 14 while Yato pushes down to 5, I already used her a tailsman

Woof, chapter 12 of birthright is real tough.

Think I just gotta
grab the dracoshield and hammer asap and bail. No chance I can take on Xander and especially Garon. The exp definitely isn't worth it.

Question:

I finished Birthright and am moving on to Conquest. From chapter 6 impressions, I'm seeing a lot of prepromotes. Should I be normal levels of FE careful when it comes to exp, or should I focus on min-maxing more? On hard, btw.

GSR

Question:

I finished Birthright and am moving on to Conquest. From chapter 6 impressions, I'm seeing a lot of prepromotes. Should I be normal levels of FE careful when it comes to exp, or should I focus on min-maxing more? On hard, btw.

Fates in general (and especially Conquest) has very usable prepromotes, with one or two obvious exceptions. I didn't use Camilla, but I've heard she's excellent, and Xander was one of my MVPs.

God damn it, took a fucking one hit kill axe on the last turn. Damn this chapter is fucking hard.

Edit: Did it in like 5 turns lol. Thank god for rescue!

champloo

Is it my bad luck or Corrin has shit res? I remember in the end she had plenty of res in the end of conquest but now she's still stuck at 6 at level 14 while Yato pushes down to 5, I already used her a tailsman

Mine has 2 RES at level 20. I picked unlucky as bane.

Made it to Chapter 19 and enemies are getting alot tougher now. Most of my units are pretty much been upgraded and Selena is turning to be a real powerhouse. I love using her so much.

Fates in general (and especially Conquest) has very usable prepromotes, with one or two obvious exceptions. I didn't use Camilla, but I've heard she's excellent, and Xander was one of my MVPs.

Fire Emblem in general has very usable prepromotes

also Hinata is fine even with that lol 35% speed growth, his base speed is good enough in Birthright

NawtKool

Neo Member
Finished Birthright and moved onto Conquest.

Got to the ice level and
noticed I could grind on the boss since he was standing on a village square that healed him, and he also drained hp. After sometime of training, I forgot about his draining and left a bunch of near dead units in his range with no heal staves left. (cause dat grind, duh)

I was like "Kay, no worries. I still got Corrin. She got like 80 something % chance of hitting him anywa" -MISS-.

I was fucked. So fucked. Took me a handful of tries to visit 3 houses due to overextending and general careless positioning.

I pray he targets Corrin, and no luck, he targeted Mozu.

I was ready to just call it a night, when -MISS-.

Mozu MVP
MVP
MVP
ILY MOZU.
MOZU BEST GIRL.

Also a nice 10k for getting to 3 houses, netting me more healsticks.

BUT MVP MOZU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xenoflare

Mine has 2 RES at level 20. I picked unlucky as bane.

Me too, +Spd/Luk, I know that a luck bane will impede magic growth but I don't know about res.

Oh and I checked the master seal, Nohr Noble grants quite of a hefty res boost, probably why my end game Corrin has high res, plus Shadow Yato adds 4 points to Def and Res

Squire

Banned
Ummm...

Why can female Corrin reach S level support with Ryoma?!

That's not what I think it is, right?

What chapter is level 3 shop upgrades in Birthright?
Need more Master Seals...

Wasn't as big a deal in Conquest cause there were more prepromotes.

It's after either 20 or 21. Can't remember which, but I just got them tonight.

demidar

So playing on Hard Conquest, should I try and stick it out with getting prepromotes to lvl 20 before promoting? The last batch of levels have been getting harder and I feel like I might be falling behind, but it could just be Chapter 10-12 is a big difficulty spike.

Weebos

Banned
Ummm...

Welcome to Fire Emblem.

There is a reason, it should be explained in the supports themselves. I suspect Treehouse made it even clearer than in the Japanese version, because my Hinoka B support touches on it.

Anteo

Ummm...

It's after either 20 or 21. Can't remember which, but I just got them tonight.

This will spoil a lot:
You are right, they are not really brother an sister, in fact, Corrin has no sibilings. You know, besides those guys you actually grew with.

Luke_Wal

On Chapter 10 of Birthright. Just to be clear: there's no way to trigger a Dual Strike when the two units are paired up? They have to be physically next to each other on the map? That seems like a weird change from Awakening for me, but I guess it's an interesting dynamic.

Luigi87

Finally got one S Rank (Corrin and Subaki). ... So... that's the reason for kids... uh, sure...

Paralogue 2
What? Kana is evolving!

omlet

I'm on Conquest 15 now and this is going to be misery.

My Corrin is level 18 and has 15 STR.

Azura has more STR than Corrin. I'd make a kill me now comment but these enemies on this map can probably manage that without help.

Edit: Corrin hit lvl 20, still 15 STR. FML

Luigi87

So when people reclass Corrin, is it generally just to attain other skills, then reclass back into Corrin's base/promoted class? It seems like quite a negative losing the Dragonstone, and Yato in some class changes.

Draxal

So when people reclass Corrin, is it generally just to attain other skills, then reclass back into Corrin's base/promoted class? It seems like quite a negative losing the Dragonstone, and Yato in some class changes.

Nah, if you're not going to tank Dragonstone's kinda useless.

Hazmat

On Chapter 10 of Birthright. Just to be clear: there's no way to trigger a Dual Strike when the two units are paired up? They have to be physically next to each other on the map? That seems like a weird change from Awakening for me, but I guess it's an interesting dynamic.

Correct. They defend when paired up and attack when standing next to each other (and the attacker is not paired with anyone).

Hugstable

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Playing Conquest Hard Chapter 10, it's my second attempt, get down to the last turn and have everyone stacked up for defense to finish off, everything was going so well, then randomly some dude has to come in and hit nyx who's chilling behind Effie! WHYYYYY! I was so close! I mean, I could just continue on without Nyx, but man I really want everyone to survive.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
I used about 4 or 5 Master Seals on characters that were like level 11 or 12, not knowing I was supposed to wait on them. Am I screwed now?

Dragonstone sucks, you get Yato bonuses just for having it in your inventory not to mention many of the best classes (Paladin, Master Ninja, Dark Knight, Swordmaster) use swords anyway.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The more I play this game the more the dub sounds like a fandub :(

WTF @ Hinoka's voice. I mean yeah the JP voice is kind of husky but just no.

silva1991

Yato is doing like no damage on Conquest for me

2 chapters in a row and still no money and I need money to buy atleast healing staves.

frustrated I think I'll change to phoenix mode :/

The more I play this game the more the dub sounds like a fandub :(

WTF @ Hinoka's voice. I mean yeah the JP voice is kind of husky but just no.

pretty from the beginning imo

also that Felicia laugh when she levels up yuck.

PK Gaming

Dragonstone sucks, you get Yato bonuses just for having it in your inventory not to mention many of the best classes (Paladin, Master Ninja, Dark Knight, Swordmaster) use swords anyway.

The Dragonstone isn't that bad.

Yes you can't double, but if you want a tank that can lure out enemies and take a chunk out of their HP, then the Dragonstone is perfect for that.

The Yato bonuses you're referring to
only apply to the upgraded version that's available after chapter 14, and dragonstone especially shines before that point. Hell, the passive stat boosts from Conquest!Yato makes it even better. That + Felicia/Jakob support basically means you won't die. And with Aether, you reallywon't die.

I found the dragonstone useful for a couple chapters, especially 7, and then completely forgot it existed as soon as I reclassed to cavalier and never looked back.

Ohnonono

Finished Birthright and moved onto Conquest.

Got to the ice level and
noticed I could grind on the boss since he was standing on a village square that healed him, and he also drained hp. After sometime of training, I forgot about his draining and left a bunch of near dead units in his range with no heal staves left. (cause dat grind, duh)

I was like "Kay, no worries. I still got Corrin. She got like 80 something % chance of hitting him anywa" -MISS-.

I was fucked. So fucked. Took me a handful of tries to visit 3 houses due to overextending and general careless positioning.

I pray he targets Corrin, and no luck, he targeted Mozu.

I was ready to just call it a night, when -MISS-.

Mozu MVP
MVP
MVP
ILY MOZU.
MOZU BEST GIRL.

Also a nice 10k for getting to 3 houses, netting me more healsticks.

BUT MVP MOZU WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mozu is my characters adopted daughter. We shunned our own. What use is turning into a dragon if you MURDER EVERYTHING FROM RANGE.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
Mozu is my characters adopted daughter. We shunned our own. What use is turning into a dragon if you MURDER EVERYTHING FROM RANGE.

I'm on Ch 13 and I'm considering training up Mozu because I haven't touched her since Paralogue. How long does it take for her to start getting good? Can I use a Heart Seal to switch her out of Villager asap?

Squire

Banned
Alright, I figured there was something up with Corrin, specifically. I'll wait until it comes up in the cord story, but thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm on Ch 13 and I'm considering training up Mozu because I haven't touched her since Paralogue. How long does it take for her to start getting good? Can I use a Heart Seal to switch her out of Villager asap?

Yeah, use the seal now. If you take her on to a challenge map and soften up some enemies she can take out (while keeping her alive), you should be able to level her pretty quickly. She's great, too.

omlet

I didn't really use her until mission 10 when you start seeing more fliers show up on missions than a single archer (Niles) can handle. I felt like I already started too late with her on chapter 10, so 13 could be tough to get her caught up without excessive babysitting (or as long as you're not overleveling folks, no shame in using grind dlc if you have it to get her out of super spud territory, IMO). Or maybe some of the other easier paralog missions would work to get her caught up (I have not done any kid recruitment yet so idk).

Squire

Banned
Paralogues can be even tougher than core chapters, since they level with you. Definitely only want to bring prepared units into those fights, I think.

I'm on Conquest 15 now and this is going to be misery.

My Corrin is level 18 and has 15 STR.

Azura has more STR than Corrin. I'd make a kill me now comment but these enemies on this map can probably manage that without help.

Edit: Corrin hit lvl 20, still 15 STR. FML
What was your babe and boon when making him?

omlet

What was your babe and boon when making him?

I can't remember, I think I picked RES or LUK as my bane or something. I wasn't crazy enough to pick STR as bane... lol... Boon was Speed I think... at least I have 20 speed (+1 Grim Yato) so that's what I'm guessing.

I can't remember, I think I picked RES or LUK as my bane or something. I wasn't crazy enough to pick STR as bane... lol... Boon was Speed I think... at least I have 20 speed (+1 Grim Yato) so that's what I'm guessing.
Luck bane also lowers str and str growth rates

omlet

That could be at play, then.

Also, sad now that Leo joined my team there's no reason to use Nyx anymore... even if she gets 3 more perfect levels to hit 20 and master seals into the same class, Leo's stats are still ahead of hers, especially HP which he has 11 more of than she has now. :|

That could be at play, then.

Also, sad now that Leo joined my team there's no reason to use Nyx anymore... even if she gets 3 more perfect levels to hit 20 and master seals into the same class, Leo's stats are still ahead of hers, especially HP which he has 11 more of than she has now. :|

My Leo has had insane growths. Several levels of all increasing except one stat.

Top Bottom