• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Has any Fire Emblem game been a trilogy?

Because if not, Path of Radiance could use a prequel, Ike's dad and the Serenes Massacre.

It would be something (I would say great, but you know prequels are iffy type games

Moonlight

Banned
Some good general skills to stick on an Avatar mothered Velouria? Got half way through this map before realizing that I'd forgotten to optimize.

Draxal

Has any Fire Emblem game been a trilogy?

Because if not, Path of Radiance could use a prequel, Ike's dad and the Serenes Massacre.

It would be something (I would say great, but you know prequels are iffy type games

Technically, FE 1/2/3/11/12 as there's characters that appear in all three of those games (and remakes).

Anustart

$10 more because its clearly the better version. :3

All joking aside Birthright seems to be more popular. When I went to pick up my copy there were no more copies of birthright while there was still 5 copies of conquest left.

There should be an escape option when you go onto the space with Corrin so not sure what the problem is.

Also, if you can, one of the enemies drops a hammer which is pretty useful for the upcoming chapters.

Gotcha.I flew over and dismounted so turn ended. Figured chapter would complete right away.

Hazmat

So I guess I don't understand the win condition for birthright 12. Have Corrin escape! There's a flashing red tile which I assume is the exit.

I fly Corrin over there and..... nothing. Enemy gets there turn even though I'm there. Do I have to do a king of the hill and defend the exit or what? My units do like no damage to any unit on this map so don't know what else I can do.

Make sure it's actually Corrin that's active. If you fly him over on a flying unit the flier can't escape, you have to switch to Corrin and have him do it.

NeonZ

Seems odd that it's Flora on the Conquest box art and not Jakob. He's just lurking over there in Birthright land.

Not counting Revelation, Flora is a Conquest-exclusive character. It is kind of odd that she was promoted alongside the main cast though.

Brakke

Banned
Well first time playing without a guide bit me in the ass. Finally finished most of the Paralogues and pushed through Chapter 15. Jakob just shows up unceremoniously. Cool? But all my ladies are already paired off and looking at his support list, looks like the only way to get all the Male Avatar Birthright kids is to pair Corrin off with one of those ladies that only likes Avatar (Reina or Scarlet or whatever)?

That's a little disappointing, especially since there was no way to anticipate this happening. At least I had already decided to not bother using the kiddos. Alas.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Well first time playing without a guide bit me in the ass. Finally finished most of the Paralogues and pushed through Chapter 15. Jakob just shows up unceremoniously. Cool? But all my ladies are already paired off and looking at his support list, looks like the only way to get all the Male Avatar Birthright kids is to pair Corrin off with one of those ladies that only likes Avatar (Reina or Scarlet or whatever)?

That's a little disappointing, especially since there was no way to anticipate this happening. At least I had already decided to not bother using the kiddos. Alas.
imo its less frustrating to save the "perfect" playthrough for Revelation or your second playthrough. Leave a reason to come back to it.

omlet

Wait what? Scarlet?
They said she died like in chapter 12 when you fight her and the other 3 Hoshido leaders and then after the mission Hans is like "I killed her hue hue hue!"
Was he trolling me or something?

Also same question for Flora I guess...
does she join at some later mission or something? After the ice tribe mission she's like "ok cool" and I haven't seen her since (and there was no TALK option during that battle to convert her).

Edit: Oh, you are on Birthright. (Jakob just showed up unceremoniously in chapter 15 of Conquest, too which threw me off lol)

Brakke

Banned
Edit: Oh, you are on Birthright. (Jakob just showed up unceremoniously in chapter 15 of Conquest, too which threw me off lol)

Yeah Male Avatar starts with Felicia and picks up Jakob after 15. Vice-versa for Female Avatar. Works the same way in Conquest and Birthright.

Dimmle

Felicia's delivery is some of the best in the game. There are actual poor reads to criticize (i.e. everything out of Hana).

Neoweee

Chapter 5 conquest on hard classic seems impossible to keep everyone alive, is there some secret strategy I'm missing?

That is pre-Conquest, really. The branch is the next chapter.

You can lose characters on it. Ryoma is supposed to eat it before the end of the battle. Deaths don't matter in that chapter, anyhow; they'll come back.

(All of them, right? Not just Ryoma and Azura?)

Neol

I personally hate Felicia's voice.

Then again I hate Felicia's character in general so I guess there's that.

PsionBolt

Conquest 23.

Cleared out the rest of the map with little difficulty... And at the end, I see that Takumi has a 10% crit chance. I take the attack anyway (I had no other choice, he was sitting on my throne!), thinking that I'll either kill him or die. Turns out neither! I miss once and he doesn't crit, so we're both alive. I move Nina in for a 70% chance to kill him. She misses -- he doesn't crit! -- he procs Vengeance instead, and she's dead. Ugh.

Takumi is the reason I don't feel bad for choosing Nohr. It's too bad about all those other Hoshidans, but this guy... Not a shred of regret in my heart for him.

I'm a dozen missions into Birthright. How are people using Jakob and Azura? I have both of them rapidly approaching level 20, but seeing as I can't promote either of those classes, do ya'll recommend reclassing them?

Is Jakob essentially a Frederick--an already-senior party member meant to help ease the player into combat? Is Azura okay as a perma-20 who just AOE heals and lets anybody galeforce once a turn?

I know there's like eighteen ways to reclass people in this game, just wondering what the general advice is. I've already turned
Mozu
into an archer.

TWILT

Banned
Conquest 20 is actually really cool. Still in the middle of it (and it looks like I might have to restart because I put Elise in a bad position >_>) and I really like the use of Dragon Vein in this map. One of my favs so far.

L95

I'm a dozen missions into Birthright. How are people using Jakob and Azura? I have both of them rapidly approaching level 20, but seeing as I can't promote either of those classes, do ya'll recommend reclassing them?

Both of those dudes cap at 40.

Is Jakob essentially a Frederick--an already-senior party member meant to help ease the player into combat? Is Azura okay as a perma-20 who just AOE heals and lets anybody galeforce once a turn?

I know there's like eighteen ways to reclass people in this game, just wondering what the general advice is. I've already turned
Mozu
into an archer.

Jakob and Felicia are kind of like seniors, yeah, but they're always useful to have as support/healing units.

Felicia is probably better as a Strategist for the horse and magic. Jakob, I left as a Butler and replaced him later, but I'm sure he has better options too (like Great Knight?).

Azura is usually best left as a Songstress for utility. Her low HP makes her a fragile attacking unit in any class.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
So when pick to
side with nohr am I picking the unambiguously evil path or are both sides good?
try not to spoil too much if you answer this.

Neol

So when pick to

I mean its a bit hard to not spoil it but in general
your character wishes to end things peacefully.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So when pick to
Birthright = good

Nohr = not evil, not good. You can't bring yourself to betray the family you grew up with an pay for it story wise, although your character recognizes this and remains a good person throughout.

omlet

Generally reclassing your refreshers (dancer/singer/whatever) is not a good idea because those units tend to be unique and the ability to let a good unit who can't galeforce move twice IME far outweighs having another good unit on the field who can't be in the same place at the same time as your other good unit.

In Awakening it was less of an issue, at least to me, to change Olivia because it was easy to change her back, because grinding. I doubt I will reclass my Azura in Conquest.

Balphon

Wait what? Scarlet?
They said she died like in chapter 12 when you fight her and the other 3 Hoshido leaders and then after the mission Hans is like "I killed her hue hue hue!"
Was he trolling me or something?

She is available to join in Birthright but not Conquest.

Aqua's surprisingly high strength/skill/speed growth makes her a fun attack stance buddy if you ever get her out of E lances.

If you want to talk trolling, sticking sky high offensive stats on a non-combat unit has got to be up there.

She is Soleil's mom on my file so at least I am benefiting from it a little bit.

PK Gaming

Some good general skills to stick on an Avatar mothered Velouria? Got half way through this map before realizing that I'd forgotten to optimize.

Can't go wrong with Nobility for that extra EXP. However, Dragon Fang skyrockets her damage, so if you want a bit more firepower you should go with that.

Squire

Banned
Aqua's surprisingly high strength/skill/speed growth makes her a fun attack stance buddy if you ever get her out of E lances.

She's cleaned up for me a good but, yeah.

If you want to talk trolling, sticking sky high offensive stats on a non-combat unit has got to be up there.

She is Soleil's mom on my file so at least I am benefiting from it a little bit.

I'm told she's a good choice for Great Lord, once you get that seal from the DLC. Considered doing it, but I'm gonna try to finish Birthright tonight.

Felicia grew on me. Married her to Takumi and that whole support chain was cute.

I had initially planned on hooking Corrin up with Felicia on Birthright but I picked Oboro in the last second. Shes the best.

Top Bottom