• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Moonlight

Banned
I was worried about Peri joining late.

... I ended up feeding her so many kills in her first two maps she went from 10 to 17, lol
She compensates for the early difference with Bloodthirst as long as you feed her a kill to get her going, anyways. I generally prefer her overall growth rate (skewed way more toward str/spd) over Silas and her personal is absolutely worth it, especially compared to how ridiculously situational Silas' can be. She's got above-average resistance, too, which isn't the most useful thing ever, but it rounds her out slightly better in a promotion.

Are the kids purposely designed to be horrible? So far Corrin's Jakob's and Sylas's kids are just terribad.
What?! Kana was one of my best unit he's an incredible swordmaster. Although Jakob and Sylas kids are not very good...they are better then their fathers!

Dimmle

So...Azura, what happens if you promote her? she is one of the weaker units but i keep her for her double turn song, its just that leveling up. is a chore. she is at lv. 15

If she's anything like Olivia in Awakening, she'll be a ridiculous swordmaster.

Anteo

So...Azura, what happens if you promote her? she is one of the weaker units but i keep her for her double turn song, its just that leveling up. is a chore. she is at lv. 15

She doenst have a promotion unless she changes classes first. My Azura was consistenly better than my Mozu at all stats but def, lol, why does aptitude even exist?. I just make sure to use dance every turn, also at certain points her dance is super usefull with the extra stas

Boney

Banned
Azura is one of the best units in the game because Dance is incredibly useful and versatile. Allows you to adapt on the fly to different scenarios where you can get exactly the unit you need to act again, be it for attack, defense, healing or extra movement.

Plus her stat growth so far in pretty much unmatched. Good speed and luck makes her hard to hit if the worst comes.

Depends on the parents and when you get them. My Ophelia (Odin's kid) is fucking amazing. Such a high magic stat
I mean design and personality wise.

Only got to the intro for Sylas paralogue so maybe she's not that bad but still. They feel like more joke characters than in Awakening (despite awakening having turds like Owain. I could manage Cynthia but anything past that is too much.)

Balphon

Are the kids purposely designed to be horrible? So far Corrin's Jakob's and Sylas's kids are just terribad.

Their stats and stay growths are derived from those of their parents, so it depends.

I'm doing well with Ophelia and Soleil, but I got them quickly and I'm still fairly early.

Baliis

Sorry if this has been asked a ton of times, but what happens if you reach S rank with one of your biological siblings? I was surprised that they didn't just make them A+. Same with the Nohr siblings, is it addressed in the dialogue? Like Camilla says something like "You're not really my brother anymore"?

Also, what's the point of all the castle stuff? I've been upgrading turrets and automatons and healing pads and a bunch of other stuff and I just barely unlocked the second castle defense mission. Am I missing something here? Seems bizarre to include all these things you can place and upgrade for the sake of a handful of fights.

It was on the Hoshido side with Hinoka anyways, they have a big conversation about it.

Anteo

I mean design and personality wise.

Only got to the intro for Sylas paralogue so maybe she's not that bad but still. They feel like more joke characters than in Awakening (despite awakening having turds like Owain. I could manage Cynthia but anything past that is too much.)

I find funny that you have to deal with Owain once again in this game. I like him and while not a good mage he was much more usefull than Nyx for me.

Sorry if this has been asked a ton of times, but what happens if you reach S rank with one of your biological siblings? I was surprised that they didn't just make them A+. Same with the Nohr siblings, is it addressed in the dialogue? Like Camilla says something like "You're not really my brother anymore"?

Also, what's the point of all the castle stuff? I've been upgrading turrets and automatons and healing pads and a bunch of other stuff and I just barely unlocked the second castle defense mission. Am I missing something here? Seems bizarre to include all these things you can place and upgrade for the sake of a handful of fights.

You can visit other player castles and do battles for exp (or just supports if you are playing conquest).

PK Gaming

It depends on when you get them. They're largely forgettable in a game where 1st gen units are so good, but the offspring seal lets them catch up instantly.

EDIT: Ohhh. Well, the the kids are worse, but they're not too bad. Kana and Sophie are great!

Balphon

I find funny that you have to deal with Owain once again in this game. I like him and while not a good mage he was much more usefull than Nyx for me.

Somehow his shtick is more endearing when Ophelia and Elise are mimicking it.

I didn't even recruit kids after Sophie and Kana in Birthright to avoid messing up the experience curve of the game but I've picked up a few in Conquest. I know Percy is supposed to be really strong but I ignored him. Ophelia has proven strongish but mostly is just a pair up bot for Elise and only leads whenever she needs to use Lightning because Elise doesn't have the tome rank for it. Nina similarly is just a better version of her dad so she replaced him and just acts as a high bow rank user that Camilla can switch to if she needs to.

It was on the Hoshido side with Hinoka anyways, they have a big conversation about it.

So you can actually have an incestuous relationship with your biological siblings? I don't have a high enough rank with any of them to try but I figured you'd "form a special bond" or something like that instead of actually marrying them.

She doenst have a promotion unless she changes classes first. My Azura was consistenly better than my Mozu at all stats but def, lol, why does aptitude even exist?. I just make sure to use dance every turn, also at certain points her dance is super usefull with the extra stas

Is it recommended to change her class? I've been using her but only because I want her and Corrin to reach S rank. She's garbage as a unit, having another unit that can actually hold it's own seems far better to me than giving a unit another turn and it's annoying having to baby her. She's the only character in my game that can take a dangerous amount of damage from a single hit.

I haven't mess around with partner/ heart/ other seals that aren't Master though, is it possible to make her useful?

GSR

New DLC announced in the JP Nintendo direct. Two maps based on character interactions, one larger set(?) of maps focusing on the second-gen characters.

I finished Hard/Classic Conquest!

The Endgame chapter was not very tough. I took care of the normal enemies quickly, but I got a little reckless at the end.

I concentrated a few attackers on the final boss. Xander and Leo weakened the boss significantly, but Xander died because his HP was halved and Leo wasn't tanky enough to survive the boss's counterattack. I easily finished off with Corrin. It only took 5 turns to win.

I sacrificed two characters, but deaths don't matter on the final chapter. I loved watching the endings for my surviving couples, and it sucked that I couldn't see the ending for Xander and Selena.

I can easily go back and beat Endgame without any deaths when I want to watch the credits again, though.

I also found out at the very last minute that
Flora
and
Izana
were recruitable characters. I played the whole game without having them, because their requirements are so obscure. I didn't read many guides for this playthrough. I added them now, and they actually have good stats. Corrin definitely would have married
Flora
had I known about her, but I still did fine anyway.

Overall, it was a great game! It was a long and tough ride, but I made it through and crushed the last few chapters due to great tactics, resource, and unit management.

Even the story picked up a lot at the last few chapters. The plot really got intense! I wish it could have been this good throughout the whole game, because a few of the early and middle parts seemed boring.

The last few posts have mentioned Chapter 12 being difficult. The first few turns are very straightforward, and should be attacking the ninjas through the walls. After breaking the pots, have individual units huddled up and unleash Attack Stance to destroy the enemies. I got both treasures and escaped in 13 turns. It's not hard when you know the strategy, but it took a lot of dying for me to figure it out!

Vamphuntr

How do you get S rank for weapons? I'm at the end of Conquest and have a bunch of S rank weapons I can't use. I have the wrong classes or am I missing something?

Pau

Do offspring seals give you the average stat growths for the first 10 levels? I'm guessing it's preferable than rolling for each of those levels.

Busaiku

To be specific:

Swordmaster
Spearmaster
Sniper
Berzerker (I think)
Sorcerer
Master Ninja
Maid/Butler
Why is Maod/Butler a better healer than Priestess/Strategist.
Totally caught me off guard when I gave Elise my Arms Scrolls to get her to S to bring back Azura in the last chapter.

So you can actually have an incestuous relationship with your biological siblings? I don't have a high enough rank with any of them to try but I figured you'd "form a special bond" or something like that instead of actually marrying them.

Can't answer this without Spoilers. So:

Corrin and Azura aren't actually related to the Royals on either side. Azura and Corrin are related but are 1st cousins.

Mikoto is Corrin's biological mother but the Step-mother of the Hoshido sibs.
The previous kind of Hoshido is the Hoshido sibs father , whereas the cast off human heart of the Invisible Dragon is Corrin's father.

Azura is the daughter of Miloto's sister and the previous king of the Invisible Kingdom (who the Invisible Dragon murdered). Azura's mother became one of Garon's wives after that.

Garon is the father of all the Nohr sibs (though each has a different mother but for our purposes this is irrelevant).

(Yes, this is all completely ridiculous. I know).

Ponn

Banned
Holy shit Conquest Chapter 26 is no joke. I'd be grinding like a mofo at this point if I could.

That damn gang of armor units guarding Iago is no joke and tanks just everything. For some reason only my MC can dodge anything only his partner will do jack and shit to protect him. Even he can't stand up to them for very long though. I only have a few units that could do major damage to them but I can't get them to survive long enough to get to them because the golems and beasts in this level seem to be targeting them specifically.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sophie is quite good in my experience, and Kana makes an amazing Dread Fighter.

Corrin and Azura aren't actually related to the Royals on either side. Azura and Corrin are related but are 1st cousins.

The previous kind of Hoshido is the Hoshido sibs father , whereas the cast off human heart of the Invisible Dragon is Corrin's father.

Azura is the daughter of Miloto's sister and the previous king of the Invisible Kingdom (who the Invisible Dragon murdered). Azura's mother became one of Garon's wives after that.

Garon is the father of all the Nohr sibs (though each has a different mother but for our purposes this is irrelevant).

This kills the pathos for Hoshido side by a lot...

Conquest chapter 20 and 21 down, didn't do any flight skips (turtled the shit out of 20 though)

I see the enemies in chapter 22 have caught up to my level as well

Vamphuntr

Finally beat Conquest. The last battle was annoying.
I think there is infinite reinforcement so eventually I simply rushed Takumi. Even if he is paired with himself once you kill one you win.

Now let's try Revelations. Hopefully the plot won't be as dumb.

Vamphuntr

Revelations Chapter 7

Good grief it's like they explain everything as soon as you pick the choice. This really seems like the true path. The plot for these games is a mess haha. At least the rest is superb.
Azura is from the Kingdom of Valla that if you mention to others you become cursed and invisible. Her mother was the queen and told someone about the issue with Anankos the evil king and became invisbile. Anakos is responsible for the war between Hoshido and Nohr

But presumably if you hook up with say Sakura she's completely unaware of any of that, right?

New DLC announced in the JP Nintendo direct. Two maps based on character interactions, one larger set(?) of maps focusing on the second-gen characters.
Looks like I'm skipping the Second Gen characters DLC, there pointless to the story. In awakening I wanted to find out about their future.

Here I don't even care enough to get them, he'll I've only gotten Kana.

L95

But presumably if you hook up with say Sakura she's completely unaware of any of that, right?

It's.... kinda.... <.> She's basically aware of it right before she asks. So I guess she does love you without knowing.

Read the S suppport.
http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fates_Supports/Avatar(M)_Sakura#S_Support

Hinoka seems to know from the get-go, though about
Mikoto not being the Hoshido sibs mom, though not really about Corrin not being Sumeragi's kid I think
. Ryoma too. Looks like the younger half of the Hoshido sibs don't though.

But this:
SPOILERS FOR RYOMA'S S RANK WITH FEM AVATAR AND SOME OTHER STORY STUFF
Ryoma: I owe you an apology. I have not been honest with you. Nor with the others. The truth is...I am not your brother.

Ryoma: Exactly what I said. You and I are not related by blood.

Makes Ryoma look like a huge hypocrite lmao

If you hook up with a Hoshido sib (apart from Ryoma who already knew but was sworn to secracy) Mikoto had a feeling that would happen and left a letter for them explaining the situation

Top Bottom