• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

NeonZ

Haitaka loses his cool custom colors after promoting... I threw a new helmet and a shoulder pad accessory on him to attempt to improve his promoted look though.

Haitaka_04_zps3du2oe7f.jpg

Also same question for Flora I guess...
does she join at some later mission or something? After the ice tribe mission she's like "ok cool" and I haven't seen her since (and there was no TALK option during that battle to convert her).

Flora joins later, yes.
Upgrade the fireball magic defense tower to level 3, and then afterwards go to any battle - story chapter, paralogue, DLC, castle battle... After you finish the battle, there'll be a quick scene where Flora appears in the castle and joins your party.

Renewed

Just finished Birthright

I wasn't expecting a point of no return without a save or exit. Was Garon's skill going to prevent me from one-shotting him in the first turn no matter what? I would have hoped that a Rend Heaven crit would end it, but it seemed like even then I couldn't do nearly enough damage to overcome that Dragonskin of his. In the end, Orochi died. RIP

Maybe I'll go back and do it again, but I'm really eager to start Conquest.

mjc

Couple of questions:

Should I wait until lvl 20 to use master seals? Or should I use them earlier?

There's nothing like the second seal in these games that lets you reclass and build on prior stats, right?

Andrew J.

I've never actually had Arthur die yet, despite using him extensively. He's gotten criticaled two or three times, but only by ninjas doing around 3 base damage.

Vamphuntr

Revelations Chapter 10

Did Izana really die talking to the ancient God or was this only a trick to get Takumi to trust you? His death scene was really stupid if this was the case.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Arthur SUCKS. He never hits anything. Charlotte and reclassed Beruka outclass him entirely.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
And Kaze can't equip them right? that makes him worthless in the long run

time to replace him with Arthur I guess.

Units can equip weapons from either side. If you're playing Birthright and you want to buy Conquest weapons you can just visit a player castle from the other side and buy it from their Dusk Armory.

So, got to the boss of conquest 24, but damn she is so hard. None of my units have good odds of even hitting her, and then one of the few units I had capable of taking her damage fairly well got hit by luna and died, so I had to restart D:

SapphireZora

Neo Member
I hope this is the right place to ask this, but say I want to buy the physical version of Conquest but want to play through the Birthright path first, is that possible?
So I buy the Conquest cartridge, download the Birthright DLC, then am I given a choice at Ch. 6 of which side to pick?

Squire

Banned
I hope this is the right place to ask this, but say I want to buy the physical version of Conquest but want to play through the Birthright path first, is that possible?
So I buy the Conquest cartridge, download the Birthright DLC, then am I given a choice at Ch. 6 of which side to pick?

Yes.

Guide to using Arthur:
1) Unequip Gamble
2) ???
3) Profit

You missed the hope his luck doesn't affect his level ups. My Arthur was true to his character, and got absolutely horrible level ups, getting no speed, but plenty of skill and res. Hell, he gained more luck than speed, that is how bad it was (3 luck I think). That early on, both are utterly useless, and try as I might he just wouldn't get speed. I ended up dropping him soon after. Maybe if I do Conquest again, I'll make a better effort for justice. At least I can get his supports.

Why does Gamble even exists anyways

High hit units will love it, and its downside is removed if you have at least 1 unit to tag up with. For example, Killer Weapon, Gamble, Death Blow and high skill basically means you always crit. Utterly useless on Fighters though, since Axes have low hit...

omlet

My Arthur's SPD growth has been poor but not atrocious. At level 17 (still not promoted) he's at 21 STR 13 SPD 15 DEF and 36 HP

Vamphuntr

If you plan on buying all path or have the SE. When you beat the game you save 5 characters of your choice as Summonable unit. You can also buy skill from them so you can have skills from different Corrin builds on the same Corrin across different playthrough.

omlet

Since it was free I grabbed the Before Awakening DLC and happened to bring Odin with me...

This both explains everything and yet makes everything make even less sense.

Is this addressed in the main plot later? Just looking for a yes or no here....

Vamphuntr

Since it was free I grabbed the Before Awakening DLC and happened to bring Odin with me...

This both explains everything and yet makes everything make even less sense.

Is this addressed in the main plot later? Just looking for a yes or no here....

Not in the plot but in Supports and an upcoming DLC.

My Arthur's SPD growth has been poor but not atrocious. At level 17 (still not promoted) he's at 21 STR 13 SPD 15 DEF and 36 HP

Oddly enough, my arthur at this point is on pace to match yours... kind of.

14 Str, 8 Spd, 15 Def, 31 hp, level 13. Sadly, I'm on Chapter 13 of Conquest, and I've mostly decided on my team (no fighters since Beruka and Camilla are more than enough).

ChrisD

What happened with map design in Birthright 24? It's just a horde of enemies. It's like Walhart's stage on Awakening.

Unfortunately for me, I hated that map.

Tips? Is it even possible to play defensively here?

Edit: Nvm on the tips part, finished it

vareon

Uuuhhhh, Birthright Chapter 21

What do I do if I chose the wrong Dragon Vein? My team is burning down there. Do I have to carry them one by one with winged units?

PsionBolt

Died to Vengeance. Again.

Dear IS: when you make a chapter with 60 enemies, several of whom are paired and two of whom are minibosses, please do not give the boss a 13% chance to OHKO all my units. Vengeance criticals laugh at Effie's 38 def.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
AARRRRGGGGHHHH paralogues on Conquest side are impossible if you leave them for the later chapters

Ponn

Banned
I visited another persons castle and saw the weirdest damn thing. I went to their arena and Keaton was going to fight, ok fine go ahead. They had changed him to, sorry can't remember exactly but it was either cavalier or paladin, not sure, he was on a horse with an iron lance. I was already at that point 'huh, ok, thats weird" but then all I could do was laugh as I watched the battle play out. He missed every damn attack he made, just whiff whiff whiff. And then he would just twirl around on his horse after backing up for what seemed like a minute after every attack and do nothing. It was the weirdest damn thing and I couldn't help but think whoever did this was trying to troll visitors.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I visited another persons castle and saw the weirdest damn thing. I went to their arena and Keaton was going to fight, ok fine go ahead. They had changed him to, sorry can't remember exactly but it was either cavalier or paladin, not sure, he was on a horse with an iron lance. I was already at that point 'huh, ok, thats weird" but then all I could do was laugh as I watched the battle play out. He missed every damn attack he made, just whiff whiff whiff. And then he would just twirl around on his horse after backing up for what seemed like a minute after every attack and do nothing. It was the weirdest damn thing and I couldn't help but think whoever did this was trying to troll visitors.
I once had a Ryouma vs swordmaster fight where them dodging each other eventually made them switch sides when the swordmaster dashed through Ryouma. I was pleasantly surprised that the game didn't break like it possibly could've.

Swamped

Banned
Aaaahhhhhh where do I get more freeze staffs from? Am I screwed for using them all too early in the game? I've been hopping into people's castles, those who are probably more advanced than me, but no luckkkkkk

Dresden

Had some time to play again today. Got to chapter 14 in birthright and chapter 10 in conquest.

Birthright:

Chapter 11 was pretty cool. Had to reset 13 because I left Hinoka in range of a certain asshole wielding a killer ax, and naturally, it crit on the first hit.

In love with spear fighters, they're so damn good at debuffing. And Oboro is chill so that's a plus.

---

Conquest:

After having to reset a few times last week, methodically going through chapter 9 was nice. Really like the last two phases of the map. Remembering how Silas got killed by the shining bow asshole because he stood next to the wall last time--as I pulled the same enemy with my high-res ninja Corrin to break up the dual attack death squad--felt good.

Played 10 and I wish I'd leveled up Mozu. That just seemed like a huge pain at the time, given that in her paralogue, I paired her up with Effie to boost her strength and her damage against the Faceless went from 0 to 1. I think I can wrap it up tomorrow evening though; I'll have to give up the ballista in the middle, and spread the army into two packs, with Elise covering one bulk of the units with her greater movement rage while Felicia tends Niles and Silas (paired up with Arthur I guess?) on the east ballista. Sending Felicia there lets the two take advantage of her -2 damage aura for male units, while Elise covers the other lot with her personal skill.

Effie's stat growth has been outstanding, +str and def on almost every level. If she was a spear fighter instead of a knight she'd be perfect.

Chase17

Just downloaded Conquest. After my hard/classic birthright play through I think I'm going to be playing Conquest on normal/classic. Hopefully I'll be able to make some decent progress this weekend.

Xenoflare

Wait, I can't pre-load revelations?

When I click the option in explore fates it tells me no dlc content found

So I have to wait until march 10th eh?

Can anyone help me with this specific situation? I bought Birthright and Gamestop and they gave us a download code for Conquest. I'm going to New York for Spring Break and want to play one, and my brother wants to play the other on his 3DS.

How does it work with cross over content for us? I guess since it saves on the cart, after I beat Birthright I can put it on my brother 3DS and get whatever bonuses then if he has conquest downloaded?

Finally completed Birthright Chapter 11 (Hard Classic). Extremely satisfying.
The Boss is strong in close quarter with a killer weapon on hand
. He forced me to use Setsuna + Takumi to kill him.

BTW, the cutscene
before Birthright Chapter 12 is very cool.
Then, when I see the map full of enemies...

c0d.gif

Griss

I'm a euro playing through Awakening again while waiting for Fates. From Chapter 16 onwards (on hard) it feels like the difficulty is entirely provided by reinforcements spawning all over the place every turn and going after your weakest unit. Feels like you have to 'learn the level' or 'learn what happens every turn' rather than planning by what you see, and that's BS.

Please tell me this focus on same-turn reinforcements is gone in Fates. I can't stand it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm a euro playing through Awakening again while waiting for Fates. From Chapter 16 onwards (on hard) it feels like the difficulty is entirely provided by reinforcements spawning all over the place every turn and going after your weakest unit. Feels like you have to 'learn the level' or 'learn what happens every turn' rather than planning by what you see, and that's BS.

Please tell me this focus on same-turn reinforcements is gone in Fates. I can't stand it.
Fates has reinforcements, but not same-turn reinforcements. That "mechanic" is bullshit and will always be bullshit.

I have no idea what to do with the surplus of ninja's you get in Birthright. Yeah debuffs are cool but after Felicia and Kaze I can't see a reason to bring any more debuff characters.

Top Bottom