• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

PK Gaming

tumblr_o3h96g7lIh1qhu0vyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3h8zwH3WF1qgsu5i_500.jpg

SOURCE

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Conquest 24

Hinoka isn't weak to bows!? WTF. How are you supposed to kill her?

Does this Bifrost Staff thing mean Conquest's endgame is going to require Shadow Dragon's hilarious endgame shenanigans?

Okay Tiki, here's the plan. Please suicide yourself so that we can resurrect you and then throw you at the boss again.

Stone walled at conquest 20. Might have to lower the difficulty. T_T I'm probably making it harder on myself by not using children and avoiding grinding.

Squire

Banned
I did Paralogue 8 and the Before Awakening DLC (which is hard as hell to "beat", btw. I didn't get the seals) and came back to Birthright Chapter 23. I beat it, but it was still pretty hard fought. 17 turns, if you're counting.

I feel like there's a half dozen characters carrying the team now. I kinda feel bad about that, but I guess that's usually the way it goes, right?

Also, Selena and Beruka are hilarious and I can't wait to see those supports.

I am now excited for their supports.

And these, I definitely need to grind these out.

Moonlight

Banned
Wow, was expecting something a lot worse than what I actually got in Conquest 19 going by all the talk. In the end, would definitely not put it in the same tier of hell as 17. Think I handled it well enough, just had to rush the northern point and draw the wave coming in to sandwich you into the forest for a taste of their own medicine. Then you generally just mind your positioning going on the offensive and take advantage of the two-way illusion. Fun map hook, at least.

I did have Velouria on hand, though, and she and her dad will run through that map with their scores of 100% hit rate ORKOs against beasts.

FSLink

Banned
Oh I know I've played all the other FE games (minus the nes ones) I'm just wondering why ninja's in birthright get such a upfront favoritism compared to the other classes. The game gives you them the way you get cavaliers in other FE games but ninja's are far less versatile.

Like you realize the ninjas are basically the Birthright equivalent for Cavaliers, right? I mean you even have Kaze = Green, Saizou = Red

Marz

I did Paralogue 8 and the Before Awakening DLC (which is hard as hell to "beat", btw. I didn't get the seals) and came back to Birthright Chapter 23. I beat it, but it was still pretty hard fought. 17 turns, if you're counting.

I feel like there's a half dozen characters carrying the team now. I kinda feel bad about that, but I guess that's usually the way it goes, right?

Also, Selena and Beruka are hilarious and I can't wait to see those supports.

And these, I definitely need to grind these out.

How did you beat Birthright 23? I could figure it out but im lazy right now.

megalowho

Making some headway into support relationships in Birthright and not feeling the cast overall. I don't remember companions being this shallow and dry in Awakening or previous FE's, some of the conversations are really inane. The main character is a stiff as well. Guess I'm just not finding the right combinations.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Making some headway into support relationships in Birthright and not feeling the cast overall. I don't remember companions being this shallow and dry in Awakening or previous FE's, some of the conversations are really inane. The main character is a stiff as well. Guess I'm just not finding the right combinations.
Just wait until primary character trait: pickles.

NeonZ

They really limited themselves with the Birthright conversations due to deciding to make Hoshido this almost perfect place. The best supports are generally the ones where they go into events of the characters' past and that seems to happen much more in Nohr's conversations than Hoshido's, since Nohr in general gives more material for it (past court intrigue for the royals, nobles exploiting people and general poor living conditions for the other cast members).

Well that's Lunatic Conquest down, and all 3 routes done! (not gonna lie I bought myself Hoshidan Unity+Quixotic at the end for more reliability lol, didn't want to reset that much for Dragon Fang procs)

though I still haven't done Conquest Invasion 3 (I hear this is harder than endgame) and 14 of the child paralogues

Hey, did you know the Stoneborn can't cross water nor mountains? And definitely can't cross indestructible buildings?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Igantius is by far my best unit, maybe topping even Xander now, as his tankiness makes him vulnerable to mages and mages alone. Nothing else can even touch him. Maybe it's that Camilla blood in him. On that note, Camilla is much less useful (at least on hard) during Conquest's endgame, as her weak defenses make her so vulnerable that it's hard to send her in to dangerous situations.

L95

no they definitely have move

What's their moving animation? Do they burrow or something? All the stoneborn I've seen have 0 mov so I've never seen it....

Welll, more specifically "-" mov

PzuK357.jpg
This is what I see, do they move on higher difficulties?

Draxal

What's their moving animation? Do they burrow or something? All the stoneborn I've seen have 0 mov so I've never seen it....

Welll, more specifically "-" mov

PzuK357.jpg
This is what I see, do they move on higher difficulties?

They move, it's kinda like how jello moves, kinda weird.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Conquest CH.10 question

How do you keep everyone alive after Turn 8
where the water dries up and the enemies start pouring in from all sides?
. I'm playing on Hard/Casual, and I can keep everyone alive until that point. But I can't keep everyone surviving for the final two or three turns. Are there choke points that I'm unaware of, or do you fall everyone back to the defense zone and turtle up?

Conquest is kicking my ass so far. I've definitely been losing a lot more units per battle than any mission in Birthright. Its a lot of fun though.

I have no idea how people are able to get through Chapter 10 without losing a single unit. Like how is that possible. I've also made a ton of mistakes but you live and learn. Playing on Casual and I still end up losing around turn 10. SO CLOSE.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Conquest is kicking my ass so far. I've definitely been losing a lot more units per battle than any mission in Birthright. Its a lot of fun though.

I have no idea how people are able to get through Chapter 10 without losing a single unit. Like how is that possible. I've also made a ton of mistakes but you live and learn. Playing on Casual and I still end up losing around turn 10. SO CLOSE.

I lost on the final turn about four or fives times before I did it. Even though, I couldn't even tell you what I did differently. I feel like I just got lucky and some enemies decided to attack my units standing near the goal, where the enemies could have just went TOWARDS to the goal instead to complete the objective.

So maybe. that's the trick? District the enemies into attacking you so they don't head towards the goal. That's kind of dumb, it's almost as if the enemies don't understand the mission objective.

is revelation a combo with everyone, or only select dudes from each side?

Trying to decide how much time I want to devote to grinding and levelling everyone in Birthright, if revelation just has everyone together I'll wait for that.

also is it world map like birthright or no? Does the DLC allow you to grind in Conquest or does it not factor into the game there?

or could I save the DLC for a revelation run as well

this split shit is irritating me :|

Anteo

Conquest CH.10 question

How do you keep everyone alive after Turn 8
where the water dries up and the enemies start pouring in from all sides?
. I'm playing on Hard/Casual, and I can keep everyone alive until that point. But I can't keep everyone surviving for the final two or three turns. Are there choke points that I'm unaware of, or do you fall everyone back to the defense zone and turtle up?

It depends on what is the problem for you, for me, I could handle the right side of the map fairly well, but the left side just got destroyed so fast because the units have a lot of str.

What worked for me was to use Camilla to defend the left side (she should go to the point where the warriors spawn and camp there with help of the magic orb) and use Beruka to kill any flyer that gets hit by the ballista. I also destroyed the wall myself on the first turn and got Corrin and Jakob outside to deal with the enemy there, it was much easier for me to deal with them that way.

For the last few turns, I moved Effie from her defense point on the wall to the choke point that is just south of the magic orb, and try to hold the warriors there with the help of Silas while Camilla moves to the right side to defend agaisnt the last push, in these tunrs you should kill whaever you can, but most importanly is that you slowly backup to the exit so they cant get there. Remeber that you can use pair up to defend against double attacks (they always block double attacks and after sometimes block all hits on one battle)

Abuse Ellise ability to reduce damage by 3 to adjecent units, units that can reach rarely have long range and if they do, they cant hit her twice. Sky Knights are rarely a threat to her as they cant kill her in one turn even if they can go through your wall.

Tingle

Trying to decide how much time I want to devote to grinding and levelling everyone in Birthright, if revelation just has everyone together I'll wait for that.

also is it world map like birthright or no? Does the DLC allow you to grind in Conquest or does it not factor into the game there?

or could I save the DLC for a revelation run as well

this split shit is irritating me :|

It has almost everyone from both sides, but a few people from each side won't make it in.

The only DLC you can grind for experience is "Boo Camp" in Conquest. Every other DLC is grind-able for money/items/etc still, but they won't yield experience. I have heard bad things about Boo Camp, however.

NeonZ

Revelation is pretty much a combo of everyone. Only three real characters (1 neutral, 2 from Birthright) and three recruitable bosses (one from Birthright, two from Conquest) don't join your party there. There's also one character that joins, but doesn't have supports at all in the Revelation route, even though that character has supports in Conquest.

Yes, world map and grinding like Birthright.

Astral Dog

After you finish the game, what are those cards/characters you have to select? i thought they would be E cards, but they are not on sale or my army, i just go back to my last save before the final chapter.

NeonZ

After you finish the game, what are those cards/characters you have to select? i thought they would be E cards, but they are not on sale or my army, i just go back to my last save before the final chapter.

You can buy them by talking with the castle helper and choosing the logbook option.

Tingle

They are listed on your unit roster, they are basically copies of the E Cards that you can redeem for gold on future play throughs. Talk to your servant by your throne to redeem them.

Finally beat chapter 10. There was one instance where a pega knight managed to make its way through the middle. Had like 1 HP but my attack freakin missed. That was scary but I had Azura available and was able to get an extra turn to take it out.

The biggest issue I kept having was the left side. Dudes keep pouring out of there. I had to start bringing everyone to the middle around the 9th turn.

Had to sacrifice Camilla, Miles and Beruka at the end there to distract the 100 dudes coming in from the right side, otherwise I wouldnt have made it. Took multiple tries but that was excellent!

I lost on the final turn about four or fives times before I did it. Even though, I couldn't even tell you what I did differently. I feel like I just got lucky and some enemies decided to attack my units standing near the goal, where the enemies could have just went TOWARDS to the goal instead to complete the objective.

So maybe. that's the trick? District the enemies into attacking you so they don't head towards the goal. That's kind of dumb, it's almost as if the enemies don't understand the mission objective.

Yeah I moved Corrin down the middle in the last turn and so many dudes just flocked to him. Dummies.

Top Bottom