• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Linkark07

Banned
Ok, on Birthright, mission 23 was starting to increase the difficulty, but mission 24... damn. I'm getting slaughtered.

Guess I'll change my strat. Rush to the boss and hope he can be killed (unless everyone gets killed on the way)

Nope, as long as the user is holding the item they can be used.
It's nice since the Promotion animation happens on the battlefield (as opposed to its default background).

Nope. For all the Paralogues you might as well just use the Offspring Seal in battle.

Aw man wish I knew that earlier. Had Corrin gobble up so much EXP that could have gone to others since he maxed out in the middle of a chapter.

That stuff is crucial in Conquest where only 4-5 of my units can be considered competent.

NeOak

Guys, would I miss anything storywise if I play all 3 versions with the male Corrin?

I saw something about having something extra as a female in one of the first two versions.

Linkark07

Banned
Guys, would I miss anything storywise if I play all 3 versions with the male Corrin?

I saw something about having something extra as a female in one of the first two versions.
As far as I'm aware, if you pick male Corrin then Felicia joins you earlier, else, it is Jakob if you pick female Corrin.

The other one will join you later

Busaiku

You get a hair accessory from 're get go.
Plus you can marry any guy and get all the kids.
Most importantly, she says "Takumi" better.

Female Corrin is canon.

Neol

Doesn't really change anything that I know of and if it does its probably some small dialogue changes.

Really only significance is Felicia or Jakob and the S support conversations since you can't get the male ones as a male and vice versa with female.

So I'm a male hero in Birthright, who can I safely marry to not miss out on anyone? Also, who should I marry to make a good child character?

Actually, I'll also take any general suggestions of people I should have get together in Birthright to make good kid characters

So I'm a male hero in Birthright, who can I safely marry to not miss out on anyone? Also, who should I marry to make a good child character?

Actually, I'll also take any general suggestions of people I should have get together in Birthright to make good kid characters
For getting all kids, I believe Skarlet and Reina are safe as gen 1 go. Marrying any of the kids is also safe.

NeonZ

gO6C3QE.png

Charlotte's expressions are so funny. I think I'm gonna hook her up with Benny. They belong together.

Peri's voice is also fantastic. It really fits her character and design. One of the times where localization nailed it.

I paired Charlotte with Kaze. Blond Midori with that tongue out pose really looks like Charlotte's daughter.

NeOak

As far as I'm aware, if you pick male Corrin then Felicia joins you earlier, else, it is Jakob if you pick female Corrin.

The other one will join you later

You get a hair accessory from 're get go.
Plus you can marry any guy and get all the kids.
Most importantly, she says "Takumi" better.

Female Corrin is canon.

Doesn't really change anything that I know of and if it does its probably some small dialogue changes.

Really only significance is Felicia or Jakob and the S support conversations since you can't get the male ones as a male and vice versa with female.

Thank guys. I'll play as male then.

Neol

Are kids missable in Conquest or Revelation?

Basically if you marry one of the first gen girls on either side then your leaving one of the male units without a wife since the amount of female units is the same as male units.

The only exceptions to this are Birthright's Scarlet and Reina and Conquest Flora.
There is Anna too but she doesn't come out till April :/

edit: Took out one of the options cause I realized it doesn't work too.

Brakke

Banned
So what's the gimmick with 17 Birthright, in the snow? The path to the boss is totally blocked over land. Is there a way to kill the ice crystals? Or am I supposed to ferry everyone across by air?

Xenoflare

Is it plausible to bring my level 14 Beruka to 20. I'm on chapter 18 conquest with 4 paralogues unlocked

I finally decided to bench Odin

Ponn

Banned
Are kids missable in Conquest or Revelation?

I'm not sure why, unfortunately I was tired and was hitting through the text but in Conquest I got the Ignatius paralogue and finished it but for some reason when I got back to my castle he didn't recruit into my roster.

Kalentan

So question about Silas in Birthright...

He won't betray me, right? Cause I've been leveling him cause he is pretty strong. I don't want to regret it...

Conquest Ch. 10 was intense! And I'm playing Casual. I assume this Ch. has nightmare status mainly due to those playing on Classic. Trying to keep everyone alive during that? Hell. No.

I'm loving the varied objectives after Awakening.

Chapter 10 Conquest

Everything going well, hard but fair fight. End of turn 10...Niles gets hit by two throwing axes with 30% hit chance...dies.

I'm gonna step back and eat dinner or something so I don't break my 3DS over my kneecap.

Swamped

Banned
Chapter 11 Conquest Hard is a welcome change of pace from chapter 10. But holy crap, the adrenaline rush from chapter 10 was fantastic!

For chapter 11, I think I'm not going to split the group up, and go via the left side. That monk room doesn't look very fun.

I have mixed emotions right now. I had to drop to casual because Odin kept dying on the last turn in Chapter 10, and I know he's not great anyway but I want to keep him around for support reasons. Thing is, casual mode is actually kind of nice. There's no way you can beat a chapter if your units are dYing in the first few turns so I'd have to restart the chapter anyway if that were the case. And if a boss crits one of your units at the end, that can feel so unfair. So I'm really beginning to embrace casual mode.

Krogan

So what's the gimmick with 17 Birthright, in the snow? The path to the boss is totally blocked over land. Is there a way to kill the ice crystals? Or am I supposed to ferry everyone across by air?

Dragon vein to freeze the lake.

Squire

Banned
Chapter 11 Conquest Hard is a welcome change of pace from chapter 10. But holy crap, the adrenaline rush from chapter 10 was fantastic!

For chapter 11, I think I'm not going to split the group up, and go via the left side. That monk room doesn't look very fun.

I have mixed emotions right now. I had to drop to casual because Odin kept dying on the last turn in Chapter 10, and I know he's not great anyway but I want to keep him around for support reasons. Thing is, casual mode is actually kind of nice. There's no way you can beat a chapter if your units are dYing in the first few turns so I'd have to restart the chapter anyway if that were the case. And if a boss crits one of your units at the end, that can feel so unfair. So I'm really beginning to embrace casual mode.

The last four or so chapters of Birthright really made me appreciate Casual mode because I started leaning into distraction tactics. It's a perfectly viable way to play it's just different. It fosters a different mindset.

Swamped

Banned
The last four or so chapters of Birthright really made me appreciate Casual mode because I started leaning into distraction tactics. It's a perfectly viable way to play it's just different. It fosters a different mindset.

Haha yep. Even chess pieces are sacrificed all the time!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wait, is it really true Kana(M) gets married in his S-Rank supports (of which there are three) in the JP version, but in the US Version he gets friendzoned by all three?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Arg... Chapter 18 Conquest. I screwed up, and forgot about that paired up units can and will switch the lead if the other will do more damage. Lost a unit, so I had to restart. I mean, its done now, and I got better level ups this time, but man was that ever deflating.

In other news, I've made my Nyx an archer -> Sniper to see if I can solve her skill issue. The nice thing about her growths is that she will probably get magic anyway, and the higher skill growth on archer means she has a real shot at getting skill each level up. The two levels I got are paying off, so I'll likely keep her as a leech in sniper until I get the level 5 skill, then go to something else. Also, Quick Shot, because who doesn't love +4 damage for attacking?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I made it to Endgame Conquest hard... but I can't do it... I can't go on...!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Incredibly stressful last turn on chapter 12 (conquest). Realized it was the last turn but Corrin wasn't in position to escape and I still had a chest to open. Effie was being a beast and fighting the boss so his HP was lowish. Managed to do some pair shifting and got that chest and managed to beat the boss for the secret book. Heck of a puzzle though, I think anything other than what I worked out would have missed the chest at best, and most likely resulted in losing.

GSR

I made it to Endgame Conquest hard... but I can't do it... I can't go on...!

Like the title says, you gotta break through. Turtling on that stage will get you nowhere. If you've got anyone with an S in staffs, bring Bifrost as an "extra life" and then just figure out the best way for your units to handle each section of enemies in one-two turns at most.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"That'll be enough truth out of you, Mister!"

How could anybody hate this localization?

Ponn

Banned
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but how do you use S rank weapons I find? I tried searching and all I found was they are class specific but do I need to use an Arms scroll on the character I want to use it when they are weapon maxed or something? I have Arthur with the S rank axe but he still can't use it and hes a berserker.

Wait, is it really true Kana(M) gets married in his S-Rank supports (of which there are three) in the JP version, but in the US Version he gets friendzoned by all three?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Partly.

- In the English version, Kana's S supports may end platonically, rather than romantically, likely due to their young age. Their platonic S supports include: Rhajat, Shiro, Velouria, Caeldori, Sophie and Hisame. However, the Hubba Tester and Compatibility will still retain the marriage lines.

Renewed

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but how do you use S rank weapons I find? I tried searching and all I found was they are class specific but do I need to use an Arms scroll on the character I want to use it when they are weapon maxed or something? I have Arthur with the S rank axe but he still can't use it and hes a berserker.

Is his proficiency with Axes at S-rank? Then he should be able to use it. Read the description of the weapon if some condition exists.

Does permadeath affect you if you invade someone?

Permadeath isn't applicable in Castle battles with other players. It's good for support grind without risk.

Nose Master

Is his proficiency with Axes at S-rank? Then he should be able to use it. Read the description of the weapon if some condition exists.

Permadeath isn't applicable in Castle battles with other players. It's good for support grind without risk.

Ahhh, I'm assuming you don't get XP from it then, eh?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Reclassing doesn't change your level, but class changing (changing to an advanced class) does, right?

Reclassing doesn't change your level, but class changing (changing to an advanced class) does, right?
If you Promote a unit they reset level: i.e. Archer lvl 13 becomes Sniper lvl 1 via Master Seal.

Reclassing from Archer lvl 13 to Dark Mage lvl 13 or Paladin lvl 7 to Great Knight lvl 7 via Heart , Friendship, or Partner Seal.

Renewed

Ahhh, I'm assuming you don't get XP from it then, eh?

Depends. I've seen Birthright give EXP depending on how strong the difference in units are. Conquest probably won't.

Yes. You can use Eternal Seals after you've promoted with a Master Seal so that you can continue to increase your level (keep in mind that Eternal Seals cost 12,000G). Basically you'll hit the level 20 cap after the Master Seal and think "do I really want to do this?" and I only think I would do it for skills, which you can just get online.

Airgetlam

Chapter 10 Conquest

Everything going well, hard but fair fight. End of turn 10...Niles gets hit by two throwing axes with 30% hit chance...dies.

I'm gonna step back and eat dinner or something so I don't break my 3DS over my kneecap.

Yeah. This is why I just play "casual" but on the hardest difficulty. There are so many things that can go wrong like the 3 percent chance of a crit that the computer seems to hit so often or the random respawning enemies from behind, that I feel like I don't lose anything from playing without perma death. In fact, this makes the game so much more enjoyable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Xander/Siegbert A Support

Xander being terrified of public speaking and imagining people he gives royal speeches to as bunnies was actually hilarious.

I'll let you know after I marry Keaton in my current Conquest run.

Married Kaden and he was adorable as fuck and gave me two awesome fluffy tailed kids.

Busaiku

Holy crap, I wasted 57 turns Revelation chapter 7.
But I loved it the entire way through.
Branching paths, darkness, so much treasure and EXP. This was my favorite map yet, even more than the Conquest or Birthright.

Top Bottom